Tamara Lich to Receive George Jonas Freedom Award, Our Hate-Mongering PM will be Furious

12 hours ago, West said:

Yes just go along with politically motivated prosecutions. Never speak out about governments abusing the legal system. Remain quiet as leftists push sick policies and make the country unpalatable to live. Watch as leftist politicians abuse your fellow Canadians over a personal medical decision.

I've honestly never been one for politics but after watching Trudeau et al turn this country into a clown show I have no choice. He's a disgrace. Families ripped apart because of his B.S. Employees of several decades let go or forced to go without pay over their decision not to take an injection. The man's a joke. And quite frankly I'm disgusted by the number of people who cheer it on

Politics is politics. It has always been a clown show.

Mulroney was no better, neither was Chretien or Harper.

The only real difference between them and now is the advent of social media. There were always political differences and people that disagreed with government just now, it is instant and easy to be anonymous and bash away. You used to complain and whine to your close circle of friends and neighbours but now anybody can be smarter then the next person and can gather many of their ilk to stroke each other.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Politics is politics. It has always been a clown show.

Mulroney was no better, neither was Chretien or Harper.

The only real difference between them and now is the advent of social media. There were always political differences and people that disagreed with government just now, it is instant and easy to be anonymous and bash away. You used to complain and whine to your close circle of friends and neighbours but now anybody can be smarter then the next person and can gather many of their ilk to stroke each other.

Normally with politics you can tune it out if you want to. The man (and his premiers) were so involved in your personal affairs (who can go and visit family members on the other side of the country, who can stay working, how many people you can have over to your house, which businesses you can visit etc etc) that it has been near impossible to just turn it off. 

The man is by far the most dangerous threat to Canadian society.

Edited by West

17 minutes ago, West said:

Normally with politics you can tune it out if you want to. The man (and his premiers) were so involved in your personal affairs (who can go and visit family members on the other side of the country, who can stay working, how many people you can have over to your house, which businesses you can visit etc etc) that it has been near impossible to just turn it off. 

The man is by far the most dangerous threat to Canadian society.

Your opinion and my opinion.

A world wide health pandemic has changed the political complexion of every country in the world.

I am truly hoping that you are wise enough to realize Canada is not a solitary nation in this pandemic. All countries had one level of precaution or another. Some more so than others but no country was without action.

Each country had to make judgment based upon their population and level of health care. Did some do more? For sure. Did some do less? For sure. Were some populations pissed off with the actions? For sure. Were some populations happy with the actions? For sure.

Which one was right?

Point is that be it liberal, conservative, communist, Marxist or dictatorship, they all did something that they felt was best for their own country and population. it is hopefully done. Beating a dead virus is now meaningless.

As for being a threat to a country, I suspect that other than communist and dictatorships, all leaders are or have pissed off the population in the past few years. Seems a minuscule population group on this forum cannot move on. :)

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

A world wide health pandemic has changed the political complexion of every country in the world.

Furthermore, the reactions are the same in free countries.  Googling will show you protests in France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, as well as our closest partners the US and UK.

And the impacts of the large events of the last few years have also been similar.

The one thing I hope we can do in Canada is start to separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of "public" criticism of government.  More people are being exposed to it via social media, and I hope they are starting to see the difference between baseless conspiracy-mongering and actual criticism.

The governments that try to court the mongerers will find that they have zero loyalty (eg. Doug Ford) and are better off ignoring bad criticism. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The one thing I hope we can do in Canada is start to separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of "public" criticism of government.  More people are being exposed to it via social media, and I hope they are starting to see the difference between baseless conspiracy-mongering and actual criticism.

I don't think it's so much "conspiracy theories".  I think what people are alarmed about is the potential abuse by those in power, who have already been proven to have a lust for abusing their power.

It would be great to live in your La-La-Land of "My government would never do anything to impede or restrict my freedoms without a damn good reason".

Sorry, but "hoping" people in power won't abuse it, isn't a good strategy.

Canada is the only country restricting freedoms to travel for unvaccinated people.  There is no reason for it - scientifically or otherwise.  It's only for political advantage now, and really - once we found who was vulnerable early in the pandemic, it has been since then.

Is Trudeau clinging to unscientific restrictions because he wants to eventually remove all Canadians' freedoms?  I don't really know what his motives are.  And neither do you.  Both of us are speculating.  The difference is - my speculations are based on his continuing power grabs, restricting freedoms despite the rest of the world's example and flying in the face of science and common sense.  Why you agree with him and none of this alarms you - is only because you "hope" he's only doing this out of....what?  Stupidity?  Stubbornness?

I really think there's more to it than that.

Harry Rakowski: COVID-19 reminded us how much healthy lifestyles matter (msn.com)

It is now reasonable to remove vaccination and mask mandates in most circumstances other than health-care centres and high risk congregate facilities. The pandemic has created a wave of post traumatic stress with a persisting unreasonable fear of returning to a more normal life. Just as some politicians pretended the pandemic was simply the flu, others now want to maintain a high level of anxiety for political advantage.

Age and frailty were, and still are, key predictors of a worse outcome. Healthy children have had a low rate of disability or death throughout the pandemic. Their vaccination should remain voluntary.

It is long past time for Trudeau to stop using covid in his lust for power.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't think it's so much "conspiracy theories".  I think what people are alarmed about is the potential abuse by those in power, who have already been proven to have a lust for abusing their power.

What alarm? I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever that conservatives are the least bit interested in doing anything to contain power.

Every suggestion to do so is viewed as an attack against the common man.  Stopping in-camera lobbying for example is an attack on your free speech.

How you ask? I haven't got a clue, you'll have to ask a right winger that but I wouldn't expect a straight answer.  

20 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1.  I think what people are alarmed about is the potential abuse by those in power, who have already been proven to have a lust for abusing their power.

2. It would be great to live in your La-La-Land of "My government would never do anything to impede or restrict my freedoms without a damn good reason".

3. Canada is the only country restricting freedoms to travel for unvaccinated people.   

4. It is long past time for Trudeau to stop using covid in his lust for power.

1. Ok - but isn't this a continuing project in democracy though?  I asked you about the Harper govt. surveillance bill and I didn't see your response.

2. Well that's not my position.

3. I think you are incorrect - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/may/19/covid-restrictions-uk-travellers-europe

4. Your imagination...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Your opinion and my opinion.

I am truly hoping that you are wise enough to realize Canada is not a solitary nation in this pandemic. All countries had one level of precaution or another. Some more so than others but no country was without action.

Each country had to make judgment based upon their population and level of health care. Did some do more? For sure. Did some do less? For sure. Were some populations pissed off with the actions? For sure. Were some populations happy with the actions? For sure.

Which one was right?

Point is that be it liberal, conservative, communist, Marxist or dictatorship, they all did something that they felt was best for their own country and population. it is hopefully done. Beating a dead virus is now meaningless.

As for being a threat to a country, I suspect that other than communist and dictatorships, all leaders are or have pissed off the population in the past few years. Seems a minuscule population group on this forum cannot move on. :)

It's during a time of "crisis" that we should be most vigilant with what politicians are doing. Many dictators have used a crisis to impose their vile policy on their citizens. 

Trudeau even said that he was going to use the crisis to further a "reset", I.e economic policies that had nothing to do with Covid. He also abused the legal system. Nothing can be more disgusting than the grave dancing we've seen all to further himself.

Edited by West

Okay, having checked, I can find no bills introduced dealing with "An Act to make Justin Trudeau a dictator." I think you are mistaken. If I were PM and wanted to be a dictator, I wouldn't bother introducing a Bill to that effect. I would just jail the GG while Parliament was in recess and not recall parliament. I would dispense with those pesky elections too.

When I was younger, my only ambition in life was to be Prime Minister of Canada. (I never met a young Conservative who didn't share that same ambition). I recently did an analysis of how long my term would have been. I calculated just shy of ten minutes. That includes the time for swearing in and the GG dismissing me.

Edited by Queenmandy85

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I glanced it.  Seems to say there are still travel restrictions within Europe for unvaccinated right ?

Or did I get it wrong ?

Are you aware of what Canada's restrictions are for unvaxxed?

It seems like you are not.

This is what I find frustrating here sometimes - a person who just wants to disagree for the sake of disagreeing, quickly googles an article that seems to say what they want it to say and VOILA!  proof.

You probably should have read the article closer and made yourself aware of what the differences are in Canada.

We are the only ones in the world with the restrictions we have in place for unvaxxed citizens.

It's one of the reasons the protests are continuing.

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

"There can be competing rights, and balancing them doesn’t mean all freedom is lost — unless your definition of freedom is the four-year-old’s simple mantra of “me — me — me — me.”

Wangersky: Consider carefully how 'freedom' is defined by advocates (msn.com)

It's a good quote and reminds me of one I've kept in mind for years: "Your rights end where mine begin."

When it comes to viruses, NO ONE has a "right" to not be infected.  That is impossible.

Vaccination does not give protection from infection and does not prevent transmission.

Both vaccinated and unvaccinated get infected and spread it.

So keeping unvaccinated people from grocery stores, restaurants, public transportation and employment - is a violation of their rights.

As is being proven in court cases around the world right now.

1 hour ago, West said:

It's during a time of "crisis" that we should be most vigilant with what politicians are doing. Many dictators have used a crisis to impose their vile policy on their citizens. 

Trudeau even said that he was going to use the crisis to further a "reset", I.e economic policies that had nothing to do with Covid. He also abused the legal system. Nothing can be more disgusting than the grave dancing we've seen all to further himself.

Look, it was a civil post. Not arguing with you. I know you have very negative spins on almost everything.

Just expressing my opinion that Canada is far from singular when dealing with a worldwide pandemic.

As for Trudeau "also abused the legal system" you are either really ignorant of the legal system or just being obstinate. Unless Trudeau passes laws to change the legal system at which point it would be the majority of parliament and senate that agrees or, the legal system does what it does for everybody, equally.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

It would be great to live in your La-La-Land of "My government would never do anything to impede or restrict my freedoms without a damn good reason".

Sorry, but "hoping" people in power won't abuse it, isn't a good strategy.

Canada is the only country restricting freedoms to travel for unvaccinated people.  There is no reason for it - scientifically or otherwise.  It's only for political advantage now, and really - once we found who was vulnerable early in the pandemic, it has been since then.

Is Trudeau clinging to unscientific restrictions because he wants to eventually remove all Canadians' freedoms?  I don't really know what his motives are.  And neither do you.  Both of us are speculating.  The difference is - my speculations are based on his continuing power grabs, restricting freedoms despite the rest of the world's example and flying in the face of science and common sense.  Why you agree with him and none of this alarms you - is only because you "hope" he's only doing this out of....what?  Stupidity?  Stubbornness?

I really think there's more to it than that.

Harry Rakowski: COVID-19 reminded us how much healthy lifestyles matter (msn.com)

It is long past time for Trudeau to stop using covid in his lust for power.

It is exactly "conspiracy theories" that abound and are perpetuated by a few.

You are aware that there are no mask mandates anymore in everything except close quarters aircraft.?

And are you actually quoting the hated American mass media??? LOL I guess if it fits your narrative it's OK LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

You are aware that there are no mask mandates anymore in everything except close quarters aircraft.?

Yes I am.

Are you aware of the other restrictions Canada has for unvaccinated people?  Restrictions that no other country in the world has?  

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK LOL

Ya. LOL ?

Maybe do a little research before you LOL.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's a good quote and reminds me of one I've kept in mind for years: "Your rights end where mine begin."

When it comes to viruses, NO ONE has a "right" to not be infected.  That is impossible.

Vaccination does not give protection from infection and does not prevent transmission.

Both vaccinated and unvaccinated get infected and spread it.

So keeping unvaccinated people from grocery stores, restaurants, public transportation and employment - is a violation of their rights.

As is being proven in court cases around the world right now.

What courts? Proven?? A rectal pluck again? LOL

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes I am.

Are you aware of the other restrictions Canada has for unvaccinated people?  Restrictions that no other country in the world has?  

Ya. LOL ?

Maybe do a little research before you LOL.

Like what??

Another rectal pluck. LOL

Here is a list of countries with and without restrictions and there are many that do. Spain just reinstated some.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/storythreads/2022-03-18/where-can-you-travel-with-no-covid-restrictions-list-of-top-2022-destinations

Edited by ExFlyer

33 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I take that as an indication of how poorly informed you are.

For you.... again, just in case you missed it on my last retort to you. Just to help you get informed.

Here is a list of countries with and without restrictions and there are many that do. Spain just reinstated some.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/storythreads/2022-03-18/where-can-you-travel-with-no-covid-restrictions-list-of-top-2022-destinations

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

We are the only ones in the world with the restrictions we have in place for unvaxxed citizens.

Ok I see you changed it from 'Canada is the only country restricting freedoms to travel for unvaccinated people.   '

I have no complaint against your revised statement.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

For you.... again, just in case you missed it on my last retort to you. Just to help you get informed.

?

And how do you think unvaccinated Canadians get to those countries?

How do unvaccinated Canadians get out of the country?

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2