Tamara Lich to Receive George Jonas Freedom Award, Our Hate-Mongering PM will be Furious

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And yet you people are apparently perfectly willing to continue doing nothing about it.  Are you waiting until it's worse than the Khmer Rouge in the 70's or something?

Will the last of the Khmer Rouge ever face justice in Cambodian mass  killings? - Los Angeles Times

Sounds like you are. You are perfectly fine if someone gets 25 to life for disagreeing with that vile scumbag Justin Trudeau

1 hour ago, West said:

Sounds like you are. You are perfectly fine if someone gets 25 to life for disagreeing with that vile scumbag Justin Trudeau

Is that what the little looney toon in your head is telling you to say? 

I highly doubt Justin Trudeau could pull the sort of strings you imagine he has access to so he can have someone arrested let alone given 25 to life. I'll grant that PM's can influence the law however, like Pierre Trudeau did to have Michael Trudeau's pot charge dropped. One of the things Justin Trudeau did that I disagreed with was when he said the law would remain in effect and people should still expect to be charged with a criminal offence until legalization of pot was formalized.  What was particularly telling of Trudeau's out of touch character was that he said this right around the same time he recounted the story about his brother and that he was thankful his father could use his influence to spare his brother a criminal record.

I thought Trudeau's utter tone deafness was pretty vile.  It reinforced why I never voted for him in the first place.

Imagine how vile I think someone is who would suggest I'm fine with Trudeau?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I highly doubt Justin Trudeau could pull the sort of strings you imagine he has access to 

How about the idea that he is 'furious' about a group of loose cannons that already took out O'Toole and now loom over the Conservative leadership race?

I'm not saying Poilievre will lose, but I'm pretty sure that Liberals strategists think that he will.

The ads will focus on the Bitcoin thing, Poilievre's youth and lack of real world experience, as well as pictures of him with Pat 'Replacement Theory ' King.

Again, I'm not saying that it will work.  This is a loooong campaign with lots of twists but they sure aren't furious or scared.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, myata said:

Oh the difference now in shades, not principle? Carry on, and never say never. China invoked extreme measures for a flu-type respiratory disease and please guess which other country (hint: not Russia).

Great cut, You missed the first part of my comment  "No one is lucky to go to jail ever"

But yes, there is a "shade" in different countries jails and and yes there is a principal involved, obeying the court order or suffer the consequences.

The God of the Bible calls Christians to obey the government and those in authority.  People like Lich and the so-called freedom convoy are rebels against the government because they break the laws and incited others to do the same.  They claim they are fighting for freedom and some wanted to overthrow the government.  They wanted to force the government to abandon the battle against Covid and all restrictions lifted.  That makes them anarchists and they are also fighting against God.  God says in Romans chapter 13 to obey the authorities.   That is clear.  They have no excuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The God of the Bible calls Christians to obey the government and those in authority.  People like Lich and the so-called freedom convoy are rebels against the government because they break the laws and incited others to do the same.  They claim they are fighting for freedom and some wanted to overthrow the government.  They wanted to force the government to abandon the battle against Covid and all restrictions lifted.  That makes them anarchists and they are also fighting against God.  God says in Romans chapter 13 to obey the authorities.   That is clear.  They have no excuse.

Would you have told on neighbours harbouring Jews in Germany under Hitler’s reign?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, myata said:

If the main principle is obeying formal rules and procedures then you have a point. Putin too (and any dictator with him), happily.

No principals about this. It is a court order. Pretty easy for most to understand....present company excepted LOL

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Is that what the little looney toon in your head is telling you to say? 

I highly doubt Justin Trudeau could pull the sort of strings you imagine he has access to so he can have someone arrested let alone given 25 to life. I'll grant that PM's can influence the law however, like Pierre Trudeau did to have Michael Trudeau's pot charge dropped. One of the things Justin Trudeau did that I disagreed with was when he said the law would remain in effect and people should still expect to be charged with a criminal offence until legalization of pot was formalized.  What was particularly telling of Trudeau's out of touch character was that he said this right around the same time he recounted the story about his brother and that he was thankful his father could use his influence to spare his brother a criminal record.

I thought Trudeau's utter tone deafness was pretty vile.  It reinforced why I never voted for him in the first place.

Imagine how vile I think someone is who would suggest I'm fine with Trudeau?

Lol.. these leftist lunatics work in tandem. The fact our PM is not in jail right now proves that. Instead they go after an average citizen for accepting an award.. sad

Edited by West

39 minutes ago, myata said:

You parroting Putin, so smart.

Sometimes you need to consider the source of plain stupid remarks.

Putin?

Why make more of a fool of yourself than you already have??

A court order from a Canadian court has consequences if not obeyed.

Putin?? What an absolutely dumb remark.

14 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Putin?? What an absolutely dumb remark.

No, you are saying that obviously only because you would like to, but could not find a flaw in the argument. The consequences from Putin's court can be the same and so citing the consequences is not an argument to distinguish a democratic institution from Putin's. Some other difference has to exist and the cause of your conundrum is that you cannot point it. If it walks like Putin, cries and scares you with propaganda like Putin invokes war and emergency acts like Putin (and his handy "party" whatever it happens to be, democratic too) then logically, and empirically, both pointing at the same quite obvious answer, what should it be?

Edited by myata

8 minutes ago, myata said:

No, you are saying that obviously only because you would like to, but could not find a flaw in the argument. The consequences from Putin's court can be the same and so citing the consequences is not an argument to distinguish a democratic institution from Putin's. Some other difference has to exist and the cause of your conundrum is that you cannot point it. If it walks like Putin, cries and scares you with propaganda like Putin invokes war and emergency acts like Putin (and his handy "party" whatever it happens to be, democratic too) then logically, and empirically, both pointing at the same quite obvious answer, what should it be?

What babble say you?? LOL

Deflect, make excuses, pretend or whatever you are trying to do, a court order in Canada (and in any democratic country) means something and if you do not comply, you suffer the courts consequences and punishment.

If the same consequences are in a Russian court ( I do not know and suspect you are blowing smoke and don't either), so be it. All that means is that a court order in all countries carry weight. You may not like it but then again,who are you and the courts do not care about you? LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, West said:

Lol.. these leftist lunatics work in tandem. The fact our PM is not in jail right now proves that. Instead they go after an average citizen for accepting an award.. sad

What should he be in jail for? You seem to be adopting American style hyperbole. Americans have many fine qualities but their clumsy violent political discourse is not among them. Politics is a sport. It needs to be fun. It is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What should he be in jail for? You seem to be adopting American style hyperbole. Americans have many fine qualities but their clumsy violent political discourse is not among them. Politics is a sport. It needs to be fun. It is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game. 

The LPOC have adopted American style politics. I personally blame Freeland. 

Set up shady charities as a way to circumvent laws against bribery is just one example. The other is the use of shady contracts to reward donors. A third is the use of the legal system to protect shady corporations I.e the SNC Lavelin scandal which resulted in Wilson-Reybold's resignation. She couldn't do Trudeau's dirty work any longer.. seems the only ones with integrity have left the party

Edited by West
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:59 AM, WestCanMan said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/convoy-organizer-tamara-lich-given-george-jonas-freedom-award

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms is presenting Tamara Lich with the George Jonas Freedom Award on June 16th for her role in organizing the Freedom Convoy. 

Rex Murphy will be the keynote speaker.

Has anyone seen Trudeau comment on this? 

I heard that the prosecutor in her case wants the maximum sentence for her so called crime applied to her. This no doubt liberal appointed prosecutor wants her to spend sometime in one of our Canadian gulags. Whatever happened to freedom in Canada these days where when someone peacefully demonstrates against some government mandates that they must now be arrested, charged and sent off to the gulag?

This dictator has to go now. Canada will not survive another three more years of this Marxist dictator. He is signing every  treaty that comes along that is meant to take away more of our rights and freedoms. This new WHO pandemic treaty is ready to be signed by this dictator in Ottawa. 

The dictator of Canada must be standing behind this prosecutor in court and poking a pitch fork in his arse to make sure that the prosy guy does the right thing. Send her off to the gulag for me. 

Free Tamara Lich now. Tamara will probably become another political prisoner in Marxist Canada very soon. This is a crime against humanity and it is being done against an innocent Canadian who did nothing wrong in Canada except to peacefully protest. It is a bloody and shameful thing as to what is going on in Canada today. Shame-shame-shame. ?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You need to update yourself a lot more about what freedom of speech and peaceful assembly is all about. Tamara Lich is a victim of this insane globalist psycho world that we now live in today. Tamara is just another innocent fallen victim in this country.

Tamara never burnt down any buildings or looted any stores. She just protested peacefully against the dictator in Ottawa and his tyrannical covid mandates, and now she is probably going to pay a heavy price for daring to defy and take on the dictator in Ottawa. Tamara should be praised and not condemned for her actions.

Go, Tamara, go. You are a great patriotic Canadian hero. ☺️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

I heard that the prosecutor in her case wants the maximum sentence for her so called crime applied to her. This no doubt liberal appointed prosecutor wants her to spend sometime in one of our Canadian gulags. Whatever happened to freedom in Canada these days where when someone peacefully demonstrates against some government mandates that they must now be arrested, charged and sent off to the gulag?

This dictator has to go now. Canada will not survive another three more years of this Marxist dictator. He is signing every  treaty that comes along that is meant to take away more of our rights and freedoms. This new WHO pandemic treaty is ready to be signed by this dictator in Ottawa. 

The dictator of Canada must be standing behind this prosecutor in court and poking a pitch fork in his arse to make sure that the prosy guy does the right thing. Send her off to the gulag for me. 

Free Tamara Lich now. Tamara will probably become another political prisoner in Marxist Canada very soon. This is a crime against humanity and it is being done against an innocent Canadian who did nothing wrong in Canada except to peacefully protest. It is a bloody and shameful thing as to what is going on in Canada today. Shame-shame-shame. ?

You are in error. Ms. Lich would be in potential breach of her bail conditions. She is innocent od a crime because the charges against her have not been tested in court. Like you and me and Prime Minister Trudeau, we are all presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court. However she was arrested based on the accumulation of evidence. An arrest is justified:

to ensure the accused will attend court.

to ensure there is no continuation of an offence.

to protect the safety of the accused, the arresting office or the public.

In this case, Ms. Lich was released on bail under conditions. If she breaches any of those conditions, she may have her bail revoked.

We have the right to protest in Canada but we do not have the right to break the law. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

She just protested peacefully against the dictator in Ottawa and his tyrannical covid mandates, and now she is probably going to pay a heavy price for daring to defy and take on the dictator in Ottawa

What you call tyrannical covid mandates are just Public Health orders. They were implemented by Provincial governments such as Premier Kenney's, Doug Ford's and Scott Moe's. As for the Federal role, Prime Minister Harper would have done the same thing as Prime Minister Trudeau. The Liberal Government went to great lengths to get all party agreement to combat the Covid 19 pandemic. 

If Ms. Lich must pay a price, it will be for daring to defy a court of law, not the Prime Minister. All she needs to do to avoid jail is to obey her bail conditions. Then, when her case comes to trial, her actions will be tested in court. Her fate will be determined by her actions, nobody elses.