Tamara Lich to Receive George Jonas Freedom Award, Our Hate-Mongering PM will be Furious

48 minutes ago, Goddess said:

....which makes it a legal protest.

C'mon.....

With imposed restrictions. And as long as they behaved. And as long as they were within the law (which in the end, they were not and got busted for it).  So,they lost   LOL

You can argue with me till the cows come home (or the truckers go home) but the fact is, they lost everything they were fighting for and had to break up. Only hangar ons care anymore. Only the losers keep whining.  Their 15 miniutes of fame will be a sentence in the woke history books and the real world carrys on.

C'mon

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Still believing everything CBC prints, eh?

CBC? Who are they?

As I said, the only ones that care anymore are the losers. Boo Hoo, I got robbed. Boo Hoo they broke up my protest. Boo Hoo they did not listen to me. Boo Hoo they made me go home.

Just now, ExFlyer said:

CBC? Who are they?

As I said, the only ones that care anymore are the losers. Boo Hoo, I got robbed. Boo Hoo they broke up my protest. Boo Hoo they did not listen to me. Boo Hoo they made me go home.

The issue is much larger than that.

It's about the right to protest and citizens' right to call out governmental overreach without having their finances frozen and being thrown in jail.

I'm surprised you are against such things.  Go live in a communist dictatorship if you don't like it.

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The issue is much larger than that.

It's about the right to protest and citizens' right to call out governmental overreach without having their finances frozen and being thrown in jail.

I'm surprised you are against such things.  Go live in a communist dictatorship if you don't like it.

I am not against anything like that at all. I love living here, where there is law and it is enforced.

206 folks had funds frozen. You don't know who they were or why it was done. People that were jailed broke the law. Easy peasy

You though, need to start living for today, not in the past. Whining about yesterday gets you nowhere.

43 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

C'mon

It's just you saying so. No more. Pomp and conviction does not add credibility. Surely the protests will go in history alongside the Quiet Revolution, first war measures and such.

Edited by myata

9 minutes ago, myata said:

It's just you saying so. No more. Pomp and conviction does not add credibility. Surely the protests will go in history alongside the Quiet Revolution, first war measures and such.

Yeah, OK LOL  Delusion run in your family?

46 minutes ago, myata said:

You have nothing to say, why parading it?

Parading?? HA!

The person that has no more validity is you and your support of a long ago event.

Like I said, we will see. Pretty sure when they all get thrown out we won't be hearing from you or maybe, more whining :)

Justice delayed is no justice at all. I can't care less what commissions, reviews decisions buddy-buddies produce long after a meaningful response and action was needed. It won't and hasn't changed anything. What is the point in this disfigured form of justice that cannot stop an unreasonable, arbitrary decision by a bureaucrat? Obvious: none. It does not serve its direct, and main purpose.

Edited by myata

These judges want to write memoirs not justice; there's no other meaning and point in this procrastination; compensation means nothing its like taking cash from one pocket and putting it into another, of the taxpayer (with some - a lot actually, sticking to hands). Bureaucracy couldn't care less just doing its job nothing to do with. Another over expensive bureaucratic system that just wouldn't do its direct job. High five to us.

16 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The Crown is trying to put Lich back in jail because she was planning to accept this award.  Welcome to China.  Free speech and the right to protest are disappearing in Canada.  

Welcome to ignoring a Court Order, f*cking around and finding out.  Only question is whether she intends to make a career of breaking the law and going to jail.... oh well...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Welcome to ignoring a Court Order, f*cking around and finding out.  Only question is whether she intends to make a career of breaking the law and going to jail.... oh well...

She’s a political prisoner.  It’s apparently fine for courts to prevent expressing political views in court orders.  It’s apparently fine to try to put people in jail for accepting awards.  This is worse than late 80’s Soviet Union.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is worse than late 80’s Soviet Union.  

Getting there. And the root cause is essentially, the same: a government out of all checks, controls and bounds. Governments that can do whatever they like, invoke war measures and emergency measures for any reason or no reason at all, just watch them. No, there will be no surprises. Russia has "democracy" too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

She’s a political prisoner.  It’s apparently fine for courts to prevent expressing political views in court orders.  It’s apparently fine to try to put people in jail for accepting awards.  This is worse than late 80’s Soviet Union.  

She is ignoring a court order. Plain and simple

Be she in China or the soviet Union or even today's Russia she would be waaay worse off if she ignored a court order.

She is lucky to be in Canada

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You picked a weird Soviet era there but sure.

The Court is being prejudicial here, I think, assuming that she is guilty of insurrection of some kind.  At this point, she should stand down and appeal her case.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Apparently people are lucky to go to jail when they’re Canadian.

No one is lucky to go to jail ever but when some people compare Canadian jail to Chinese or Soviet Union then yes, lucky to be going to a Canadian jail.

9 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Be she in China or the soviet Union or even today's Russia she would be waaay worse off if she ignored a court order.

Oh the difference now in shades, not principle? Carry on, and never say never. China invoked extreme measures for a flu-type respiratory disease and please guess which other country (hint: not Russia).

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

And yet you people are apparently perfectly willing to continue doing nothing about it.  Are you waiting until it's worse than the Khmer Rouge in the 70's or something?

Will the last of the Khmer Rouge ever face justice in Cambodian mass  killings? - Los Angeles Times

• Thanks 1