Ontario To the Polls

18 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

All the doom-saying in your past few posts yet, whomever you support did not have enough to even put up a good fight and get enough supporters out.

Like the last time, the provincial liberals whined and whined but bottom line is, the voters spoke.

All the conservatives on this forum should be jumping for joy :)

Huh?  

What doomsaying?  I didn’t say any doom I said the exact opposite. I said none of the parties presented anything worth voting for or against in the election.  

Is your post meant to be a response to someone else?

4 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Huh?  

What doomsaying?  I didn’t say any doom I said the exact opposite. I said none of the parties presented anything worth voting for or against in the election.  

Is your post meant to be a response to someone else?

yes

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Doug Ford has never been cool. Maybe when he was a neighbourhood hash dealer back in the 80s, but certainly not in recent decades

he was a good premier early on

then went to shit

not the other way around

was my point

the public may think otherwise

but they are stupid

Edited by Yzermandius19

16 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

he was a good premier early on

then went to shit

not the other way around

was my point

the public may think otherwise

but they are stupid

No he was an awful and toxic and divisive Trump wannabe early on and was on track to be a 1-term premier before he managed to grow up and act like an adult. 

11 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

No he was an awful and toxic and divisive Trump wannabe early on and was on track to be a 1-term premier before he managed to grow up and act like an adult. 

Or maybe he actually right when he told people that the liberals were really bad and proved they were worse that anyone could imagine. Then people finally realized it would take more to clean up the crap than imagined. A hard task with hard decisions lay ahead.

Oh and, then came COVID.

55 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Uh,yup, that is why he lost the election....oh wait, he didn't.  LOL

It’s well established fact that he won the election because he convinced voters that he’s not the same person they first elected in 2018. Also he won with lowest voter turnout in Ontario history (2nd lowest in Canadian history) because nobody really cared about  him or the other parties one way or the other. 

Just now, BeaverFever said:

It’s well established fact that he won the election because he convinced voters that he’s not the same person they first elected in 2018. Also he won with lowest voter turnout in Ontario history (2nd lowest in Canadian history) because nobody really cared about  him or the other parties one way or the other. 

Point.... He won. Enough people cared so,  he won. He convinced enough people he was a better choice than the others.

Whine like the liberals did last time...point there was also, he won.

Suck it up eager beaver, you got him for at least 4 years, with a bigger than last time majority and he can do as he wants  LOL

49 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Point.... He won. Enough people cared so,  he won. He convinced enough people he was a better choice than the others.

Whine like the liberals did last time...point there was also, he won.

Suck it up eager beaver, you got him for at least 4 years, with a bigger than last time majority and he can do as he wants  LOL

I don’t really care. Point is he’s better now than he was before the pandemic. If he tries to go back to the way he was he’ll be out of office next time.

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

I don’t really care. Point is he’s better now than he was before the pandemic. If he tries to go back to the way he was he’ll be out of office next time.

C'Mom, yes you do. LOL

He will be out of office next time anyway. He will quit.

6 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

divisive is good

pandering to the left is bad

if they aren't happy

it's because you're doing a good job

if they are happy

it's because you're doing a bad job

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Divisive is bad and your toxic hate-filled way of thinking is part of what’s wrong with this world. 

the left are toxic, divisive and have a hate filled way of thinking

not Doug Ford pre-covid

pandering to them is a big part of what is wrong with this world

Edited by Yzermandius19

You literally just said divisive is good. Now you’re saying Doug wasn’t divisive the left was divisive?

By the way, just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn’t make them divisive.  The left isn’t “divisive” just because they dare to disagree with you or criticize you. You don’t even know the meaning of the word. 

Edited by BeaverFever

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

You literally just said divisive is good. Now you’re saying Doug wasn’t divisive the left was divisive?

By the way, just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn’t make them divisive.  The left isn’t “divisive” just because they dare to disagree with you or criticize you. You don’t even know the meaning of the word. 

Aha.... seems you do care. You are back again :)