Why so much evil in the world when life is so short?

I don't know about heaven and hell or afterlife or even if God exists (though if not billions of billions of factors must have been accidently so fine tuned for us to be here) but one thing is sure that life is only temporarily for everyone and death will follow no matter how rich and powerful we may be. And if the fear of possible hell is not enough then be fearful of being reincarnated into a thirsty dog to suffer so much in the next life. So why so much evil people and evil deeds when life is so short?

We witness people like Putin ordering his army to invade causing so much death and destruction. We see the Ayatollahs (islamic clergy) repressing a defenseless nation ordering their guards to target the heart of peaceful demonstrators and order shoot to kill. We see dictators, kings and presidents and leaders all over the world who steal from their people and continue their corrupt temporary lives. We have seen US presidents ordering killing defenseless nations in Vietnam, South and central America and middle east. We have seen Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussain, ISIS, Taliban causing death and sufferings on tens of millions of people. In our daily lives we see jealousy hate, corruption, evil deeds by people again and again. My question is why there is so much evil in the world when everything ends soon for all of us? So they not fear of eternal punishment? Or have no conscious?

On 5/5/2022 at 9:35 PM, TreeBeard said:

Religion.  To people who think paradise awaits them, this world is just a place to deposit their turds until they’re sent to paradise. 

Putin's an atheist. 

Probably what it boils down to is primitive instincts such as tribalism. This has been around much longer than religion

Why? That's simple.

BECAUSE THEY CAN!

It takes a person who's so driven that they have tunnel vision with their goal of power at the end. There happen to be a lot of this type of personality, but only a few reach the end of that tunnel. Often the only difference between complete success or not, is a chance meeting...being in the right place at the right time...a little luck.

The human soul is capable of great and wonderful things.

The human animal is capable of biting your head off.

Most powerful humans...choose to eat.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of studies out there that suggest anyone and everyone is capable of doing evil things, and in short order. The study that I saw was college kids, 1/2 of the groups were inmates, and the other half were guards within days things started to get violent, and the study was called off within a couple of weeks due to safety concerns over someone taking someone's life. These were kids that knew each other. They also made a movie about it, back in the days a bunch of kids were stuck on an island...Lord of the flies.

Law and order are the only things holding everyone back, or for the most part everyone that is sane there are still wackadoodles that get through and law and order is not enough. Remove law and order, and see what happens nothing but complete out-of-control violence. 

Edited by Army Guy

In other news, today was a beautiful day, weather fine. I got up feeling well. My loved ones greeted me good morning. I had a fulfilling day. Came home and ate a fine meal. Spent some family time. Watched television, drank an ale and conversed with my good lady-wife.

Yes... so much evil.

I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about...

• 2 weeks later...

Every single person is born with an evil nature or sinful nature that opposes God.  This is a result of the fall of Adam and Eve, our first parents, who were representative of the human race.  It is only by God's grace that some have been redeemed from the destiny of most of the world.  But we know there are some who demonstrate their evil nature is far worse than most others.  We observe that by the things going on in the world.  However, non of us deserve heaven unless we are redeemed and born again by faith in Jesus Christ.  Again this is a gift of God, not by works or our own self efforts as most religions teach.  That is the most amazing thing;  that God would give eternal life to those who believe in Christ as Lord and Savior.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:26 PM, OftenWrong said:

In other news, today was a beautiful day, weather fine. I got up feeling well. My loved ones greeted me good morning. I had a fulfilling day. Came home and ate a fine meal. Spent some family time. Watched television, drank an ale and conversed with my good lady-wife.

Yes... so much evil.

I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about...

That sounds a lot like the way most of my days go. The ignorance clearly has something to do with the bliss. Although having one of the best jobs in the world probably helps.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

That sounds a lot like the way most of my days go. The ignorance clearly has something to do with the bliss. Although having one of the best jobs in the world probably helps.

It was not intended to call anyone ignorant, but rather to show that life has its ups and downs. One man sees a thunderstorm, another has a sunny day. One guy dies. Another guy gets well. People are born.

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

Every single person is born with an evil nature or sinful nature that opposes God.  This is a result of the fall of Adam and Eve, our first parents, who were representative of the human race.  

If this Adam and Eve story is true (which personally I don't believe as we are evolved from primitive form of life on our planet) then they too have their part of evul in them to have eaten the apple. In other words God created us with evil part so we are not responsible for it. In other words hell is not true.

52 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If this Adam and Eve story is true (which personally I don't believe as we are evolved from primitive form of life on our planet) then they too have their part of evul in them to have eaten the apple. In other words God created us with evil part so we are not responsible for it. In other words hell is not true.

You need to examine your belief in evolution.  That theory has been clearly refuted in the book available online called "Refuting Evolution", as well as many other sources.   Check out the book at this website:   Refuting Evolution -- study guide: Lesson 1 - creation.com

God created Adam and Eve with a free will which meant they had the choice whether to obey God or disobey him and rebel.  They chose to rebel.

"The fall of man was caused by Adam’s sin. Sin is any human behavior, word, or thought that is contrary to the perfection of God. Because of Adam’s sin, God placed a curse upon the world, the people, the animals, the plants, and the very ground (Genesis 3:14–19). Their sin had brought upon them the judgment of God, and the only just punishment for such high treason is eternal death (Romans 6:23). But God then put into play a system by which human beings could find pardon for sin. God killed an animal and made garments for the man and woman to cover the nakedness that now brought them shame (Genesis 3:21). In doing so, God painted a picture of what He would do thousands of years later when the Perfect Lamb was slain to take away our sin (John 1:29; Revelation 13:8)."

What truly happened at the fall of man? | GotQuestions.org

Man is responsible for his rebellion or sin against God.  Hell is clearly taught in Scripture.  

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Here is a little bit on the question of where the universe came from.  It discusses the subject of atheists who believe in miracles, i.e. the kind of miracles that are nonsensical, but are attempts to explain the existence of the universe apart from God.

Origin of the universe

Materialists (Atheists) once tried to believe that the universe was eternal, to erase the question of where it came from. The famous British Atheist Bertrand Russell, for example, took this position. However, this is not tenable. The progress of scientific knowledge about thermodynamics, for example, means that virtually everyone has been forced to acknowledge that the universe had a beginning, somewhere, sometime—the big bang idea acknowledges this (ideas like the multiverse only put the beginning more remotely, but do not get rid of the pesky problem).4

The big bang attempts to explain the beginning of the universe. However, what did it begin from and what caused it to begin? Ultimately, it could not have come from a matter/energy source, the same sort of stuff as our universe, because that matter/energy should also be subject to the same physical laws, and therefore decay, and it would have had a beginning too, just further back in time.

So, it had to come from? Nothing! Nothing became everything with no cause whatsoever. Magic!

“The universe burst into something from absolutely nothing—zero, nada. And as it got bigger, it became filled with even more stuff that came from absolutely nowhere. How is that possible? Ask Alan Guth. His theory of inflation helps explain everything.”

So proclaimed the front cover of Discover magazine, April 2002.

Physicist Lawrence Krauss, one of the loud ‘new Atheists’, has tried to explain how everything came from nothing; he even wrote a book about it.5 However, his ‘nothing’ is a ‘quantum vacuum’, which is not actually nothing. Indeed, a matter/energy quantum something has exactly the same problem as eternal universes; it cannot have persisted for eternity in the past, so all their theorizing only applies after the universe (something) exists.6 Back to square one!

Materialists have no explanation for the origin of the universe, beyond ‘it happened because we are here!’ Magic: just like the rabbit out of the hat, but with the universe, a rather humungous ‘rabbit’! ‘Stuff happens!’

Materialists have no explanation for the origin of the universe, beyond ‘it happened because we are here!’

There are other aspects of the big bang, the ‘mainstream’ model of the universe’s origin, that are also miraculous. The ‘standard model’ has a period of very rapid expansion called ‘inflation’ (which Alan Guth, mentioned above, invented). There is no known cause for the initiation of this supposed expansion, no known cause for it to stop and no physical mechanism for the extremely rapid expansion (many orders of magnitude faster than the speed of light). However, these three associated miracles must have happened or the big bang does not work because of the ‘horizon problem’. More magic!

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1). This is not magic, because God, who is eternal and omnipotent, is a sufficient cause for the universe. And He can exist eternally (and therefore has no beginning) because He is a non-material entity (God is spirit, as the Bible says in many places).  unquote

Five atheist miracles - creation.com

• 4 weeks later...