Risk of World War

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

When the Iron Curtain was still up, escaping Czechoslovakians were refugees.

Russia causes refugee crisis on the regular, who knew?

they've changed though, according to Nationalist

how, when and why they changed, he won't say, but he's sure they have

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

which is Russia's fault

and they know it

yet you blame Ukraine

because your wife does, or something

I don't blame Ukraine for the refugees. I blame the EU and NATO.

Ukrainians have been trying to get out of Ukraine for quite a while now. Once they saw the open invitations...they left for a better life. All kinds of Czechs have lost their jobs to these refugees. 

I also happen to know a Ukrainian woman who migrated to Czech the legal way. Wanna hear her take on the situation? 

You wouldn't like it...

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't blame Ukraine for the refugees. I blame the EU and NATO.

Ukrainians have been trying to get out of Ukraine for quite a while now. Once they saw the open invitations...they left for a better life. All kinds of Czechs have lost their jobs to these refugees. 

I also happen to know a Ukrainian woman who migrated to Czech the legal way. Wanna hear her take on the situation? 

You wouldn't like it...

when did the EU and NATO invade Ukraine?

how is the side who started the war not to blame, but those who aren't even in the war are to blame?

that makes no fucking sense 

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Russia causes refugee crisis on the regular, who knew?

they've changed though, according to Nationalist

how, when and why they changed, he won't say, but he's sure they have

Why? Tell me...what do you understand about NATO?

And while we're at it...why would they? Hell it looks like they have much of Europe by the wallets anyway.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

when did the EU and NATO invade Ukraine?

how is the side who started the war not to blame, but those who aren't even in the war are to blame?

that makes no fucking sense 

Oh you're so simple...

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Why? Tell me...what do you understand about NATO?

And while we're at it...why would they? Hell it looks like they have much of Europe by the wallets anyway.

I asked first

explain why Russia is a changed country when it comes to military aggression in Eastern Europe

before you dismiss the historical record out of hand as not applicable

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I asked first

explain why Russia is a changed country

before you dismiss the historical record out of hand as not applicable

Russia has no motivation to attack a NATO nation. They know it might well mean mutual destruction with no winner.

Who said Russia has changed? What do you think is gonna happen if there's no electricity or heat for the slovan people this winter? Do you know that the Czechs maintain the turbines that pump gas to Europe and that they sent them to Canada to repair? Ya...and Pixie-Dust doesn't want to send the repaired turbines back.

Right now...Russia has most of Europe...and a healthy chunk of the rest of the nations...by the wallet.

Edited by Nationalist

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

answer the question

how is the side who started it

less to blame than the side on the sidelines?

if you can't do that

why would I buy what you're selling?

I've never said the Russians are more or less to blame. I think they all need a sound spanking.

But I certainly don't think risking nuclear war over Donbas is a very good idea. In fact...it's lunacy.

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes. My wife was one. She got denied at first...

Good thing for her the wall was on the Russian side and not the NATO side.

Why are you pointing the finger at Ukraine for creating refugees? They didn't invade anyone.

Edited by Aristides

The situation is simple. NATO will not invade Russia. 

The only way World War III will ocur is if Russia attacks a NATO country. If that happens, there will be a few hours of conventional war, followed by an all out nuclear exchange including China, Israel, Pakistan and India. The term "all hell breaking loose" will become a literal description. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Good thing for her the wall was on the Russian side and not the NATO side.

Why are you pointing the finger at Ukraine for creating refugees? They didn't invade anyone.

Because zielinski and his government attacked the donbas and are now acting like dictators.

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And he attacked it.

He attacked his own country. Right. 

Only this Russian intervention prevented an immediate Ukrainian resolution to the conflict.[61][62][63] This forced the Ukrainian side to seek the signing of a ceasefire agreement.[64] Called the Minsk Protocol, this was signed on 5 September 2014.[65] As this failed to stop the fighting, another agreement, called Minsk II was signed on 12 February 2015.[66] This agreement called for the eventual reintegration of the Donbas republics into Ukraine, with a level of autonomy.[66] The aim of the Russian intervention in the Donbas was to establish pro-Russian governments that, upon reincorporation into Ukraine, would facilitate Russian interference in Ukrainian politics.[67] The Minsk agreements were thus highly favourable to the Russian side, as their implementation would accomplish these goals.[68]

Edited by Aristides

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

He attacked his own country. Right. 

2014 Crimea votes to leave Ukraine and rejoin Russia

The referendum passed with 97% in favor. Russia becomes the subject of the condemnation of the “international community” and economic sanctions.

Ukraine attacks civilians in the Donbas

After the Crimea referendum, Ukraine began a campaign of incessant, vicious bombing of civilians and civilian infrastructure in the eastern Donbas region. During 8 years of shelling from large-caliber guns, more than 14,000 civilians of Donetsk and Lugansk were killed by Ukrainian forces armed and funded by the U.S. and NATO.

https://iacenter.org/2022/03/22/us-nato-ukraine-timeline-abridged/

On 6/28/2022 at 6:57 PM, Army Guy said:

Russia is flexing its muscles right now. But it is not crazy enough to attack. It is one thing to attack Ukraine, but NATO has modern equipment at its disposal, with militaries that know how to use it. Russia has not shown its military forces are up to the job.

Unless this has been all part of the plan all along to embolden NATO by the poor performance of its ground forces in Ukraine. Thus moving experienced troops and modern equipment to where they could be needed or more effective and Ukraine was a distraction for a much bigger operation. 

Russia has always entered wars with very poor military performance at the beginning and has learned and improved throughout each of its wars until it normally ends with at least some form of win (Afghanistan being an exception where it lost, similar to USA losing Vietnam). Russia simply brutally slugged away in a most destructive fashion in Grozny and Syria and eventually won. It is now doing the same in Eastern Ukraine. This brutal type of war which aims at civilians just as much as legitimate military targets is now the Russian norm. Russia would not send its best forces into this type of urban, civilian-targeting destructive type of war. Better forces and equipment are present further inside Russia for future defense or some other future offence. Putin is disconnected due to bureaucratic organization and paranoid due to Russian history, and would like to be remembered as beginning a slow, centuries-long Russian expansion back to Russian Empire territory. Putin may not be getting accurate information and may not even be thinking logically in terms of day-to-day military operations, but the Russian army as always is slowly adapting to the way it will need to fight; it looks like they are simply destroying everything in the regions of Ukraine they have chose to take for Russia so Russians and separatists can occupy those lands afterwards.

Unless Putin greatly expands this territorial conquest, this Ukraine-Russia conflict will not be the major factor leading to a world war.

Meanwhile, ex-prime minister of Japan was assassinated today. Domestic instabilities and fragmentation are contributing factors to world war. The risk of world war is increasing very slowly but also very surely.

Edited by 500channelsurfer