Risk of World War

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Interesting that not one of your so called sources can produce even a screen shot of that alleged Facebook post.

It's not surprising he is imposing martial law considering the country is fighting for its life. The real test will come when this is over.

On the other hand, you can get fifteen years in jail for just saying Russia is at war.

But keep being a Putin ass licker.

Edited by Aristides
Thought you could get ten years for saying Russia was at war. Actually it is 15.

10 hours ago, Aristides said:

Interesting that not one of your so called sources can produce even a screen shot of that alleged Facebook post.

It's not surprising he is imposing martial law considering the country is fighting for its life. The real test will come when this is over.

On the other hand, you can get fifteen years in jail for just saying Russia is at war.

But keep being a Putin ass licker.

Lol...you are a warmongering Tweenkie. If a world war breaks out, the world will have dumb shits like you to blame. And all for what?

A dictator and a neo-nazi military. 

38 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...you are a warmongering Tweenkie. If a world war breaks out, the world will have dumb shits like you to blame. And all for what?

A dictator and a neo-nazi military. 

If a world war breaks out, appeasement monkeys like you will be to blame

you are truly Chamberlain-esque

and all for what? a dictator and a bunch of war criminals

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If a world war breaks out, appeasement monkeys like you will be to blame

you are truly Chamberlain-esque

and all for what? a dictator and a bunch of war criminals

I do not think anyone in NATO has any steak in this little "war" in Ukraine.

I hear..."We must save Democracy!" Yet its evident that Ukraine is a dictatorship

I hear..."Russia "could" go on to attack other NATO nations!" Yet Russia has made no such claims that they would, unless attacked first by NATO. That's called "detente". It has been working for decades.

Stay the fuck outta this!

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

What do you consider Russia's primary troops? Just asking.

These are divisions of Russian troops who are better trained and have better equipment than the average units, not like the units we are seeing now made up of mostly fresh recruits, with older T-62, and T-72, with a few t-80 and T-90, no mention of T-90MS, or T-14, same with their IFV all we are seeing is older BMP, BTR's, nothing very modern. 

During the cold war, it was these divisions that would have been the first units to cross the borders.

15 hours ago, Nationalist said:

It is.

It was a referendum drafted by Russia, with no consultation by Ukraine, does it not seem weird to you. Russia gets the answer it wants then moves in troops in to secure it, as the Ukrainian president would that not piss you off...Again what gives Russia the right to interfere in any nation's politics. I am finding it hard to see your position here, yes it is true both nations have not acted in the best of ways, but Ukraine did not invade Russia.

I found this article interesting, it shows that this is not Russia's first kick at the cat, it has been done many times in the past. So what makes this invasion of Ukraine any different?

Russia Will Not Stop at Ukraine | Royal United Services Institute (rusi.org)

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It was a referendum drafted by Russia, with no consultation by Ukraine, does it not seem weird to you. Russia gets the answer it wants then moves in troops in to secure it, as the Ukrainian president would that not piss you off...Again what gives Russia the right to interfere in any nation's politics. I am finding it hard to see your position here, yes it is true both nations have not acted in the best of ways, but Ukraine did not invade Russia.

My position is that Ukraine...especially the part the Russian people want...both in Donbas and Russia...is not worth risking WWIII over.

This little escapade is going to cause starvation and has already caused inflation to climb. For what? To save a democracy...that's not? A NATO reject?

This little escapade is fucking stupid.

Edited by Nationalist

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I found this article interesting, it shows that this is not Russia's first kick at the cat, it has been done many times in the past. So what makes this invasion of Ukraine any different?

Russia Will Not Stop at Ukraine | Royal United Services Institute (rusi.org)

Hey this is unsubstantiated crap.

"Moscow is furthermore aiming to achieve a new settlement in Europe by requesting NATO troops and missiles in Eastern Europe to be scaled back."

A settlement? Says who? Natia Seskuria?

please...

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

My position is that Ukraine...especially the part the Russian people want...both in Donbas and Russia...is not worth risking WWIII over.

This little escapade is going to cause starvation and has already caused inflation to climb. For what? To save a democracy...that's not? A NATO reject?

appeasement risks starting WWIII more than supporting Ukraine

so if you want to avoid WWIII, simply allowing Russia to take what you think WWIII isn't worth, is the worst strategy

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

appeasement risks starting WWIII more than supporting Ukraine

so if you want to avoid WWIII, simply allowing Russia to take what you think WWIII isn't worth, is the worst strategy

Horseshit! Pure horseshit!

25 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you simply do not understand the Russians

and think that if you cave to their blackmail

that they won't ever try to blackmail you again

Russia exploits weakness, it doesn't leave those it views as weak alone

the bullying just keeps escalating

You obviously dont understand geopolitics.

What would Russia gain by trying to expand into NATO territory?  

Do you really think the Russians would support starting a war with NATO?

And...what 'blackmail'?

Do yourself a favour. Quit taking Biden and Donna LeMon seriously and think for yourself.

While Biden diddles himself, Russia and a bunch of other nations...including Brazil I think...are buying up precious metals to base their currencies on. They are challenging the Petro-Dollar.

And all this due to the abject stupidity of Biden and his merry band of twits.

THINK FOR YOURSELF!

24 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And...what 'blackmail'?

Do yourself a favour. Quit taking Biden and Donna LeMon seriously and think for yourself.

While Biden diddles himself, Russia and a bunch of other nations...including Brazil I think...are buying up precious metals to base their currencies on. They are challenging the Petro-Dollar.

THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Russia is open to invasion and deeply insecure about that

they have to plug the holes in between defendable geographic barriers

which are located in NATO countries

before the demographic collapse they are experiencing prevents them from doing so

it's now or never

Russia has been routinely punished for not having those gaps filled throughout it's history

and when it has filled those gaps, they weren't invaded

this why Putin wants Russia restored to it's Soviet sphere of influence

when those gaps were filled

Russia is well aware of this

though you clearly aren't

because you are too busy dismissing any geopolitical analysis that doesn't suck Russian dick and declare their sainthood

by lumping them in with Joe Biden and Don Lemon

Edited by Yzermandius19

32 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Russia is open to invasion and deeply insecure about that

they have to plug the holes in between defendable geographic barriers

which are located in NATO countries

before the demographic collapse they are experiencing prevents them from doing so

it's now or never

Russia has been routinely punished for not having those gaps filled throughout it's history

and when it has filled those gaps, they weren't invaded

this why Putin wants Russia restored to it's Soviet sphere of influence

when those gaps were filled

Russia is well aware of this

though you clearly aren't

because you are too busy dismissing any geopolitical analysis that doesn't suck Russian dick and declare their sainthood

by lumping them in with Joe Biden and Don Lemon

Don't be such a drama queen.

The Soviet Union is long gone. All your doing is regurgitating the talking points of people who have already failed.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

And...what 'blackmail'?

THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Imperial Russia was one of the biggest empires in history. Much of the expansion was done in the 19 century and it wasn't peaceful. The Soviet Union didn't live up to any of the commitments it made at Yalta and Potsdam regarding self determination of Eastern European countries. The way the Soviets brutally crushed any attempts at independence in Hungary and Czechoslovakia gave them good reason to fear Russia. This is just a repeat of Soviet policy of systematic oppression in Eastern Europe.

Edited by Aristides

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Don't be such a drama queen.

The Soviet Union is long gone. All your doing is regurgitating the talking points of people who have already failed.

Putin wants it back

and has stated so publicly on many occasions

he wants to restore Russia to what it was before the Soviets fell

this is a well known fact

the only reason to deny it, is because you don't want to admit that his ambitions go far beyond Crimea and the Donbas

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I understand your position "I think", my question is where is the line, that we tell Russia don't cross... My next question is How does Russia manage to dictate to the rest of the world what it can't do or what it can do. Take Finland and Sweden for instance, now they agree they can join NATO but no other NATO troops or equipment in those countries or there will be consequences.

Ukraine is nonaffiliated without any defensive network or pact, and by doing nothing we are telling Russia to do whatever you want, when, you want Every conflict or event that affects a large continent has consequences, too global markets, oil prices, this is also the problem with depending on an old enemy for 40 % of your heating fuel. 

This thing is far from being over, and it is past the no-return line, someone is going to have to blink first to save face I don't think it is going to be Putin. 

Any war is stupid, it brings nothing good, only death and destruction, but humans are still too stupid to come up with another outcome. 

18 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Hey this is unsubstantiated crap.

"Moscow is furthermore aiming to achieve a new settlement in Europe by requesting NATO troops and missiles in Eastern Europe to be scaled back."

A settlement? Says who? Natia Seskuria?

please...

It is nothing more than another opinion that's all, and we will see in the very near future as Russia has almost occupied its initial state objectives. But I can not think of a good reason to risk everything he has risked so far to grab a small chunk of Ukraine, it would have been cheaper if he bought it outright. It just is not logical, not to mention all the blood and treasure it has cost him to date. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Army Guy said:

not even

they move in, secure it

put a gun to their head

then gets the answer it wants

and then reinforce

referendums don't any faker than that

they made them an offer they couldn't refuse

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

Imperial Russia was one of the biggest empires in history. Much of the expansion was done in the 19 century and it wasn't peaceful. The Soviet Union didn't live up to any of the commitments it made at Yalta and Potsdam regarding self determination of Eastern European countries. The way the Soviets brutally crushed any attempts at independence in Hungary and Czechoslovakia gave them good reason to fear Russia. This is just a repeat of Soviet policy of systematic oppression in Eastern Europe.

Lol...with no proof what so ever.

By the way...if you're gonna quote history, get it right. The Czechs capitulated. 

insanity...

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I understand your position "I think", my question is where is the line, that we tell Russia don't cross... My next question is How does Russia manage to dictate to the rest of the world what it can't do or what it can do. Take Finland and Sweden for instance, now they agree they can join NATO but no other NATO troops or equipment in those countries or there will be consequences.

Ukraine is nonaffiliated without any defensive network or pact, and by doing nothing we are telling Russia to do whatever you want, when, you want Every conflict or event that affects a large continent has consequences, too global markets, oil prices, this is also the problem with depending on an old enemy for 40 % of your heating fuel. 

This thing is far from being over, and it is past the no-return line, someone is going to have to blink first to save face I don't think it is going to be Putin. 

Any war is stupid, it brings nothing good, only death and destruction, but humans are still too stupid to come up with another outcome. 

I would like to think that humans are not stupid but sometimes it's hard.

"The line" would apparently be the borders of a NATO nation. Do you see Russia crossing that line?

Yes exactly. Globalization put Europe in a position to rely on Russia for energy. A very dumb idea if your professed enemy is...Russia. 

If NATO and Russia have any sense at all, donbas is negotiated and this war ends.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

It is nothing more than another opinion that's all, and we will see in the very near future as Russia has almost occupied its initial state objectives. But I can not think of a good reason to risk everything he has risked so far to grab a small chunk of Ukraine, it would have been cheaper if he bought it outright. It just is not logical, not to mention all the blood and treasure it has cost him to date. 

Question: What's Putin's approval like today in Russia?