US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

unless it's enough blood to threaten your life or long term health

then killing them isn't on the table

you'll get charged with murder

If someone steals my blood, and they stop at nothing to get it, it’s your contention that I am not allowed to defend myself?  What if nothing short of killing them will make them stop?

That’s not very “stand your ground” of you…

Edited by TreeBeard

10 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

If someone steals my blood, and they stop at nothing to get it, it’s your contention that I am not allowed to defend myself?  What if nothing short of killing them will make them stop?

That’s not very “stand your ground” of you…

you can defend yourself

if the only way to make them stop is to kill them, then that's on them

it's not on the unborn child though

they aren't making a choice that makes them responsible for the consequences

it has no control over the process 

it's not trying to hurt anyone

so that completely changes the equation

you can kill an unborn child in self defense

but if you are killing it simply for taking your blood to survive

that is obviously murder

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 8/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, sharkman said:

In some States, destroying turtle or eagle eggs is a crime punishable by jail time.   Weird, eh?

I will go as far as to say that some animals are therefore held as more precious than human life.  This should not be.  All life is equally precious.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I will go as far as to say that some animals are therefore held as more precious than human life.  This should not be.  All life is equally precious.

Remember: we want an answer to the question 'when does life begin?' from the same people that can not answer the question 'what is a woman?'

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, Infidel Dog said:

First, I hate to say it but as always, you're wrong. They gave a name to the IRS agents they armed to make it sound official - "Special Agents." But they are IRS and they are armed. 

In 2018 the GAO reported the IRS has more  than 2000 IRS enforcement agents with more than 4,000 weapons.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/08/16/an_irs_thats_armed_and_dangerous_148052.html

I'm not going to spend the rest of the day looking for it but Tucker claims OpentheBooks.com has found the IRS spent more than 20 million dollars on guns and ammo between 2006 and 20019. The IRS is currently hiring. Here's one of the qualifications.

Congressman Matt Gaetz just introduced the Disarm the IRS act.

87,000 new agents is based on Republican math and the Treasury department wants to quibble about who new agents would be and like to insinuate a significant portion are replacement personnel but there is no quibble over the fact they are using the bounty they just had poured on them from Biden's new bill to hire new personnel.

Now how much of that is going into their armed division and how many new "special agents" will they hire out of the 10s of thousands of new hires? There are different opinions but mine and many others are as valid as your "fact checker" 'nothing to see here' version.

My estimate on how many of the '87,00' will be armed "Special Agents" is as many as suits the IRS at the time.

The right wing Heritage organization makes this equally valid guesstimate:

https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spending/commentary/fact-checking-team-biden-who-those-87000-new-irs-agents-would-audit

Links to partisan propaganda sites. Shocker  

“Republican math” there’s an oxymoron for you. Here’s a history of Republican math:

“we’ve done the math and can’t see any downside to funding Islamic extremism to prevent the spread of communism in the middle east and arming the Taliban against the Soviets”

“We’ve done the math and can’t see any downside to helping anti-communist Latin American death squads and dictators traffic unlimited amounts of cocaine into the United States to finance their bloody civil wars”

”We’ve done the math and our ‘shock and awe’ invasion of Iraq will only last a few weeks, our troops will be greeted as liberators and will not experience any casualties”

Edited by BeaverFever

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Remember: we want an answer to the question 'when does life begin?' from the same people that can not answer the question 'what is a woman?'

Irrelevant.  The only issue is bodily autonomy.  And this right takes precedence above the right to life, which is why no one can be forced to give blood to save a life or donate organs even when they’re dead.  

8 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Links to partisan propaganda sites. Shocker  

When you say something really dumb like that I can't read any further.

RealClearPolitics is about as non-partisan as they come. And I say that because they post from both sides and only insist on quality.

Both sides and moderates quote from them. Have you never heard the phrase, 'Real Clear Polling average?' Probably not so I'll just tell you - it's a thing. An oft used term. It's generally assumed across the political spectrum to add credibility to a claim.

9 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

RealClearPolitics is about as non-partisan as they come.

RealClear Investors and Crest Media is the owner of RealClearPolitics. John McIntyre is the Co-founder & CEO, Tom Bevan is the Co-founder & Publisher, and Erin Waters is the President of the RealClear Media Group. According to Political Wire, RealClear operated a far-right website by the name Conservative Country; while this website is no longer in existence, the associated Facebook Page has 800,000+ followers. The Facebook Page publishes pro-Trump, anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, far-right memes, and information, many of which link back to RealClear properties. RealClear generates revenue through subscriptions and an online advertising model.

…Several of the sources used by Real Clear Politics are listed as Mixed factual due to failed fact checks. For example, in this article, the author claims that the Intelligence Community Inspector General must have a whistleblower complaint with “First Hand” information before it can be urgent and credible. This is a false claim.  In reviewing original Real Clear Politics articles, there is a right-leaning bias in wording and story selection such as this: Gov. Jerry ‘Moonbeam’ Brown’s Warning to Fellow Democrats. Although this is an opinion piece, it completely lacks sourcing of any kind. In general, the majority of stories from Real Clear Politics come from a right-leaning perspective.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/real-clear-politics/

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

RealClear Investors and Crest Media is the owner of RealClearPolitics. John McIntyre is the Co-founder & CEO, Tom Bevan is the Co-founder & Publisher, and Erin Waters is the President of the RealClear Media Group. According to Political Wire, RealClear operated a far-right website by the name Conservative Country; while this website is no longer in existence, the associated Facebook Page has 800,000+ followers. The Facebook Page publishes pro-Trump, anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, far-right memes, and information, many of which link back to RealClear properties. RealClear generates revenue through subscriptions and an online advertising model.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/real-clear-politics/

Mediabiasfactcheck is run by this armchair leftist guy. I think he also has some leftist volunteers like Snopes or Wikipedia. The left loves to volunteer for that kind of crap so they can weight it down with heavily partisan thumbs. Using MBFC to check the bias of others is a joke.

His opinion matters no more than anybody else's. He likes to throw that BS term 'far right' around without seeming to have any real definition of it that matter so I don't have much use for him.

And I stand by the claim Real Clear's polling average is mainstream. They archive stories from all sides of the political spectrum in spite of anything what's his name from MBFC might want you to believe. 

Your defamation of RCP is about as valid as if I found some leftist connection to say, Ground News, called them 'Far Left' and strutted around implying therefore nobody is allowed to give them attention. You know...like what you do.

BTW anti-immigrant and Islamophobe are also BS terms.

Edited by Infidel Dog

• 3 weeks later...

But what about “States rights”?  Look how quickly Republicans dropped that red herring and revealed their true agenda 

Lindsey Graham Introduces Nationwide Abortion Ban Weeks After Saying It’s Up to States

The South Carolina senator proves once again that everything Republicans say about abortion is bullshit

….Graham wants to overrule the right of states to set their own abortion laws despite having said on several occasions that abortion should be dictated by states, not the federal government. “I think states should decide the issue of marriage and states should decide the issue of abortion,” the South Carolina senator told CNN last month.

Graham also tweeted in May that if “the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, which I believe was one of the largest power grabs in the history of the Court, it means that every state will decide if abortion is legal and on what terms.”

When asked on Tuesday about Republicans who believe the issue should be left to the states, Graham reportedly said, “That’s great. That’s their position. That’s a sound position. That’s not my position.”

Meanwhile back on the topic of controlling women’s bodies, Alabama confirms they’ll try to lock up anyone who helps a woman get an abortion outside the state:

Alabama AG: state may prosecute those who assist in out-of-state abortions

“If someone was promoting themselves out as a funder of abortions out of state, that is potentially criminally actionable for us. If there are groups promoting this as part of their services, we will be taking a look at that.”

https://www.alreporter.com/2022/09/15/alabama-ag-state-may-prosecute-those-who-assist-in-out-of-state-abortions/

• 3 weeks later...

I bet there are many of these Republican hypocrites out there  Walker really takes the cake, being and anti-abortion politician who has paid for abortion, an anti-deadbeat dad politician who is a deadbeat dad to multiple illegitimate kids, and of course he might be the most comically dumb person to have ever run for office, making Sarah Palin seem like a Einstein by comparison.  But hey, he’s a D-list celebrity so of course dumbass Republicans think that qualifies him to run the country, they love their D-list celebrities .   

‘Pro-Life’ Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion

Herschel Walker, the football legend now running for Senate in Georgia, says he wants to completely ban abortion, likening it to murder and claiming there should be “no exception” for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.

But the Republican candidate has supported at least one exception—for himself.

A woman who asked not to be identified out of privacy concerns told The Daily Beast that after she and Walker conceived a child while they were dating in 2009 he urged her to get an abortion. The woman said she had the procedure and that Walker reimbursed her for it.

She supported these claims with a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.

The woman said Walker, who was not married at the time, told her it would be more convenient to terminate the pregnancy, saying it was “not the right time” for him to have a child. It was a feeling she shared, but what she didn’t know was that Walker had an out-of-wedlock child with another woman earlier that same year.

Asked if Walker ever expressed regret for the decision, the woman said Walker never had. Asked why she came forward, the woman pointed to Walker’s hardline anti-abortion position.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-life-herschel-walker-paid-for-girlfriends-abortion-georgia-senate?source=articles&via=rss

Herschel Walker threatens to sue over abortion accusation and is then attacked by son

"I know my mom and I would really appreciate if my father Herschel Walker stopped lying and making a mockery of us," Christian Walker said.

Things got more complicated for the Republican candidate when his son, Christian Walker, subsequently sent a series of tweets accusing his father of abusive behavior and of being a terrible father.

“I know my mom and I would really appreciate if my father Herschel Walker stopped lying and making a mockery of us,” Christian Walker tweeted. “You’re not a ‘family man’ when you left us to bang a bunch of women, threatened to kill us, and had us move over 6 times in 6 months running from your violence.”

In another tweet, he added: “I don’t care about someone who has a bad past and takes accountability. But how DARE YOU LIE and act as though you’re some ‘moral, Christian, upright man.’ You’ve lived a life of DESTROYING other peoples lives. How dare you.”

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/10/03/herschel-walker-threatens-to-sue-daily-beast-over-abortion-article-00060160

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2022 at 3:38 AM, BeaverFever said:

Whenever abortion bans are put to a popular vote even Republican voters don’t want it.

Quoted for truth   Abortion was on the ballot in 5 states including Red states and voters chose to protect or improve abortion access in EVERY one of them: Montana, Kentucky, Michigan California, Vermont  Add that to Kansas earlier this year and the pro-choice movement is 6-0 against anti-choice when voters get a say  

Midterms Show Republican Anti-Abortion Agenda Relies on Minority Rule

In light of Tuesday’s election results, it’s important for us to remember that just because the far right achieved success in implementing these restrictions, their pro-natalist agenda has never been a reflection of the popular will. Instead, their victories are a reflection of a powerful minority’s ability to enforce their desires into policy, law, and practice.

The election results are nonetheless a major victory, earned not by the Democratic mainstream but by the reproductive justice organizers fighting on the front lines. Voters in Vermont, California, and Michigan approved ballot measures to enshrine abortion rights in their state constitutions. Voters in Montana rejected a misleading and pernicious fetal personhood bill, and in deep-red Kentucky, voters defeated an attempt to ban all abortion in the state…

• Like 1

Here’s what I think:

Put abortion on the ballot in each of the fifty states. No BS, no fancy language. Let the voters decide, by majority, on their own state’s constitution. Either ban abortion or permit it in the first two trimesters.  Let the voters have their say and be done with it after that. Enough is enough. 

If Congress passes an abortion law, they’ll change it very two years.  LET THE VOTERS DECIDE IN EACH STATE. Keep the politicians out of it.  

Edited by Rebound