US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

women are not suffering

women are not dying

hardly anyone supports not terminating an ectopic pregnancy

You didn't read the article then.

Becky Schwarz, of Tysons Corner, Virginia, found herself unexpectedly thrust into the abortion controversy even though she has no plans to become pregnant.

The 27-year-old has lupus, an autoimmune disease that can cause the body to attack tissue surrounding joints and organs, leading to inflammation and often debilitating symptoms. For Schwarz, these include bone and joint pain, and difficulty standing for long periods of time.

She recently received a notice from her doctor saying she’d have to stop taking a medication that relieves her symptoms — at least while the office reviewed its policies for methotrexate in light of the Supreme Court ruling. That’s because the drug can cause miscarriages and theoretically could be used in an attempt to induce an abortion.

“For me to have to be essentially babysat by some policy, rather than being trusted about how I handle my own body ... has made me angry,” she said.

The Arthritis Foundation and American College of Rheumatology have both issued statements of concern about patients’ access to the drug. Steven Schultz of the Arthritis Foundation said the group is working to determine how widespread the problem is.

Dr. Tyler Handcock, an Austin OB-GYN, said his clinic has heard from hundreds of patients seeking sterilization since the Supreme Court’s June 24 decision. Many choose this route because they fear long-acting birth control or other contraceptives could also become targets, he said.

Munoz said he faced an awful predicament with a recent patient who had started to miscarry and developed a dangerous womb infection. The fetus still had signs of a heartbeat, so an immediate abortion — the usual standard of care — would have been illegal under Texas law.

“We physically watched her get sicker and sicker and sicker” until the fetal heartbeat stopped the next day, “and then we could intervene,” he said. The patient developed complications, required surgery, lost multiple liters of blood and had to be put on a breathing machine “all because we were essentially 24 hours behind.’’

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are being lied to

You didn't read the article.  That is obvious.

You refuse to address the issues already occurring.

Don't make out like you're pro-life when you support decisions that result in women needlessly suffering and dying.

Edited by Goddess

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You didn't read the article.  That is obvious.

You refuse to address the issues already occurring.

Don't make out like you're pro-life when you support decisions that result in women needlessly suffering and dying.

I don't support women needlessly suffering and dying

I don't support unborn children needlessly suffering or dying either

your article is fake news pro-abortion propaganda

Edited by Yzermandius19

58 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I don't support women needlessly suffering and dying

Of course you do. 

You also support children needlessly suffering and dying because you want 10 year old rape/incest victims to be forced to give birth.

Just admit you hate women and don't care about forcing them to be breeders and incubators and move on.

I personally don't think a clump of cells has more rights to happiness, health and safety than a 10 year girl and frankly, I don't want to think like you in that regard.

Pro-life, my a$$.

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They will never put it to a vote and let the people decide and you know it.

yes they will

you and Goddess just like to strawman the opposition to justify your radical bullshit

you both suck at mind reading

you should really stop assuming you understand the thinking of your opposition

you don't understand them at all

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Or maybe it's you who doesn't.

Even Biden is doing what he can to make sure women have access to abortion care.

Why would he be doing this if he wasn't concerned about your crowd's radical bullshit endangering women's lives?

Biden to sign executive order to protect travel for abortion (msn.com)

29 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

yes they will

you and Goddess just like to strawman the opposition to justify your radical bullshit

you both suck at mind reading

you should really stop assuming you understand the thinking of your opposition

The state legislatures looking to ban abortions will never put it to a referendum and you know it.

7 hours ago, Goddess said:

Or maybe it's you who doesn't.

Even Biden is doing what he can to make sure women have access to abortion care.

Why would he be doing this if he wasn't concerned about your crowd's radical bullshit endangering women's lives?

Biden to sign executive order to protect travel for abortion (msn.com)

it's called virtue signalling to radicals in his base

I think how you think Biden is doing it to save the women, clown show

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's called virtue signalling to radicals in his base

I think how you think Biden is doing it to save the women, clown show

Seems like the "radicals" are in a majority. The Kansas vote was supposed to be too close to call. It was a landslide.

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Kansas is not a radical pro-abortion state

and the vote doesn’t mean that changed at all

Kansas will still have plenty of restrictions

they ain't coming around to your side

Kansas is about as red as you get. 

Actually Kansas abortion laws are not much different from established practices in Canada, so they are already on my side.

38 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they aren't on your side

Canada has much more liberal abortion laws

if Canada implemented Kansas abortion laws you would cry misogyny

Canada doesn't have any abortion laws but our professional ethics standards are much the same as Kansas laws.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:38 AM, Aristides said:

Seems like the "radicals" are in a majority. The Kansas vote was supposed to be too close to call. It was a landslide.

Abortion only gets banned when it’s done by the Republican Party elite forcing their will on the people. Whenever abortion bans are put to a popular vote even Republican voters don’t want it.

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Abortion only gets banned when it’s done by the Republican Party elite forcing their will on the people. Whenever abortion bans are put to a popular vote even Republican voters don’t want it.

the vast majority of Republicans support abortion restrictions, as do Democrats and Americans in general

Kansas simply doesn't want to change it's constitution, but still supports restricting abortion

just not the degree that other red states do

the elites aren't forcing anything on the people

they are pandering to the people to win their votes

Edited by Yzermandius19

People say that the reason why American internal news get so much international attention is because America sets the trends. What happens in America now happens elsewhere later.

However I don't think other countries are going to start passing stricter abortion-laws. So why does this particular American news get so much international attention? Maybe because somehow all westerners somehow identify with America as if we're somehow all Americans.

18 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the vast majority of Republicans support abortion restrictions, as do Democrats and Americans in general

Kansas simply doesn't want to change it's constitution, but still supports restricting abortion

just not the degree that other red states do

the elites aren't forcing anything on the people

they are pandering to the people to win their votes

“Pandering”?  Why is it “pandering”?  Do you fascists consider all democracy “pandering”?

Republicans were set to take the House and Senate before this decision which has thrown the Dems a lifeline. The vote in Kansas is a clear warning to politicians in other states that they prohibit abortion at their peril. Women are simply not going to stand for it, including many Republicans and those who wish to restrict the procedure. It has to be available under some circumstances and we know how rarely rape is reported to start with. Those weirdo, originalist judges that have been foisted on the country can’t wish away modernity. 

• Like 1