US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

Just now, Goddess said:

I guess if I'm a "lunatic feminist" for being against men killing their pregnant/post partum partners because they never wanted to be a father, then I will wear that label proudly.

you're a lunatic for conflating such a narrow set of circumstances as being a legislative issue

murder is already illegal

On 7/1/2022 at 3:15 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

what you don't get is that every abortion is about the life of the child, genius

I view both lives equally

while you dehumanize the child

No you you don view both lives equally. You consider the woman’s  life and beliefs and needs to be completely irrelevant.

Also, a fertilized egg is not a child. 

10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in Ohio

By GADI ZAIG   
Published: JULY 3, 2022 11:39

A 10-year-old girl from Ohio who got pregnant after getting raped was denied an abortion days after the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, media sources reported on Saturday.

Give yourselves a big pat on the back, Republicans. You’re turning America into Saudi Arabia you must so proud of your theocratic misogynistic dictatorship 

On 7/1/2022 at 2:48 PM, ironstone said:

This is where the left wants to go. NO LIMITS on abortion. It was certainly heading in that direction. 

This SC decision gives the choice to states but opponents simply can't comprehend this simple fact.

Videos: Democrats Saying They Support Abortions Without ANY Limits – Summit News

Without any limits under criminal law.  

The Right wing Fascist mindset can’t comprehend that there are ways of regulating activity without imprisoning and executing people under criminal laws. 

34 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Without any limits under criminal law.  

The Right wing Fascist mindset can’t comprehend that there are ways of regulating activity without imprisoning and executing people under criminal laws. 

How about you? Were you one of those that favoured abortions right up to birth or partial birth ?

Imprisoning and executing? Where is your evidence that anyone was going to be imprisoned and executed? Or is this your usual hyperbole?  There is kind of an execution happening here though.

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

No you you don view both lives equally. You consider the woman’s  life and beliefs and needs to be completely irrelevant.

Also, a fertilized egg is not a child. 

you don't view both lives equally

you consider the child to not even be human

and put the woman's whims ahead of it's life

as usual, you're projecting your own faults on others

2 hours ago, ironstone said:

How about you? Were you one of those that favoured abortions right up to birth or partial birth ?

Imprisoning and executing? Where is your evidence that anyone was going to be imprisoned and executed? Or is this your usual hyperbole?  There is kind of an execution happening here though.

Nobody “favours abortion right up to birth or partial birth” and that’s not a thing that really happens. People who support a woman’s bodily autonomy  don’t even “favour” abortion. What we favour is the right of a woman and her doctor to make medical decisions for themselves in privacy 

Some red states have already suggested that they are considering  laws that would see women who obtain abortions charged with murder.  Louisiana just recently tried that earlier this year in their latest abortion law but then paused hat particular measure due to backlash. Also earlier this year a Texas a woman was briefly charged  murder after suffering a miscarriage when witch-hunting authorities initially thought she had had an abortion. Both states have the death penalty for murder. 

You Republicans hate women so much you think they’re all so irresponsible and silly that they would have a “partial birth abortion” at 9 months on a whim just because “it’s bathing suit season”. You think women need conservative male guardians like you  to regulate them under threat of criminal punishment because they lack sufficient intelligence and morals. You’re more like the Saudis and the Iranians than you care to admit. 

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you don't view both lives equally

you consider the child to not even be human

and put the woman's whims ahead of it's life

as usual, you're projecting your own faults on others

A fertilized egg is not a child and it is not equal to the woman

Women’s needs and choices are not “whims”.

You are so sexist. 

6 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

A fertilized egg is not a child and it is not equal to the woman

Women’s needs and choices are not “whims”.

You are so sexist. 

it is a child and it is equal

the real sexists

are those who think one sex should have more rights than the other

that is you, not me

not wanting women to be legally considered superior to men is not misogyny

wanting women to be legally considered superior to men is misandry

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it is a child and it is equal

the real sexists

are those who think one sex should have more rights than the other

that is you, not me

Omg  allowing abortion somehow means women have more rights than men? You are getting pathetically desperate.  

Up next: “The real sexists are the ones who DON’T want to force women to wear burkas!l

In the twisted conservative mind, owning assault rifles, carrying concealed weapons and  praying on your schools 50-yard lines  are necessities but a 10 yr old not wanting to carry her rapist’s baby is a sexist “whim”

Ridiculous. The online Trumpverse is full of woman-hating virgins and near-virgins who are one rejected advance away from the next incel attack   You sound like one of them. 

15 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Omg  allowing abortion somehow means women have more rights than men? You are getting pathetically desperate.  

you want to make abortion a right

which is would be a right that men don't have

you want extra rights for women

that's not equal rights

Edited by Yzermandius19

26 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Nobody “favours abortion right up to birth or partial birth” and that’s not a thing that really happens. People who support a woman’s bodily autonomy  don’t even “favour” abortion. What we favour is the right of a woman and her doctor to make medical decisions for themselves in privacy 

Some red states have already suggested that they are considering  laws that would see women who obtain abortions charged with murder.  Louisiana just recently tried that earlier this year in their latest abortion law but then paused hat particular measure due to backlash. Also earlier this year a Texas a woman was briefly charged  murder after suffering a miscarriage when witch-hunting authorities initially thought she had had an abortion. Both states have the death penalty for murder. 

You Republicans hate women so much you think they’re all so irresponsible and silly that they would have a “partial birth abortion” at 9 months on a whim just because “it’s bathing suit season”. You think women need conservative male guardians like you  to regulate them under threat of criminal punishment because they lack sufficient intelligence and morals. You’re more like the Saudis and the Iranians than you care to admit. 

Nobody favours abortion right up until birth? Not according to this.

Backlash builds after Dems vote to legalize abortion up to birth (msn.com)

According to the measure's text, health care providers would have been allowed to perform abortions without "a prohibition on abortion at any point or points in time prior to fetal viability" or "a requirement that a patient seeking abortion services at any point or points in time prior to fetal viability disclose the patient’s reason or reasons for seeking abortion services."

There were many in the Democratic party that wanted this.

Chuck Schumer wants a Senate vote on abortion up to the moment of birth | Washington Examiner

Schumer is planning to bring the Women’s Health Protection Act to a vote in the Senate. The bill would eliminate nearly all restrictions on abortion, legalizing it up to the moment of birth and eliminating conscience exemptions — for example, the right of medical professionals not to kill babies. Even pro-abortion rights Sen. Susan Collins of Maine opposes the bill. West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin isn’t on board either, and that mathematically means that it's not going to pass.

Wouldn't your last sentence qualify as Islamophobia according to your own leftist standards?

• Thanks 1

indeed

so banning them past the point

will infringe on very few women's ability to get an abortion

90% of them happen with 12 weeks

So why ban them a all? Seems more like the imposition of a particular morality than dealing with an actual problem.

you want to make abortion a right

which is would be a right that men don't have

you want extra rights for women

that's not equal rights

That is one of the the stupidest things I’ve ever heard on this forum I hear a lot of stupid things from the righties on this thread. 

There are so many ways to expose the idiocy of your statement but the simplest one is that 14th amendment protects bodily autonomy to both men and women.  

And Secondly Einstein, its not a contest.  If there happen to be more ways that women’s bodily autonomy can be violated compared to men, - for example forced pregnancy - then they still are entitled to full protection.

FFS you’ve said some really dumb shit here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

Nobody favours abortion right up until birth? Not according to this.

Believing that people shouldn’t go to jail for it isn’t favouring it.  I believe people should be allowed to get divorces, that doesn’t mean I “favour” people getting divorced. I believe doctors should be able to amputate limbs when medically necessary. It doesn’t mean I “favour” peoples limps being amputated. I believe pet owners should be able to out down a seriously ill pet, that doesn’t mean I “favour” killing pets.  Get it?

These lat term abortions only happen under very rare very extreme and very serious situations  They are not done for no reason and they are regulated under medical standards not under criminal law, just like other surgeries, amputations and other medical procedures  are .  Doctors are still subject to criminal sanctions if they recklessly or needlessly perform operations and procedures  

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

That is one of the the stupidest things I’ve ever heard on this forum I hear a lot of stupid things from the righties on this thread. 

There are so many ways to expose the idiocy of your statement but the simplest one is that 14th amendment protects bodily autonomy to both men and women.  

And Secondly Einstein, its not a contest.  If there happen to be more ways that women’s bodily autonomy can be violated compared to men, - for example forced pregnancy - then they still are entitled to full protection.

the 14th amendment does not include a right to abortion

a child's body is not the mother's body

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

What about the babys right not to bodily autonomy not to be ripped apart limb from limb?