US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

9 hours ago, West said:

People like you used the "not fully human" nonsense to justify slavery. You'd be pro slavery if you were alive back then. We both know that. 

Interestingly Margaret Sanger, left wing icon and star baby killing activist, was a eugenicist. Can see the pro baby killing folks continue to use the eugenics arguments to justify the practice.

No people like YOU were pro slavery. That’s why conservatives today are trying to sanitize and rebrand  slavery as “not that bad”, call it “involuntary relocation” and erase slavery from history textbooks altogether as they say teaching about it is “divisive” and “unpatriotic”

And it’s idiotic to compare abortion rights to slavery.  Another one of your dumb analogies. If anything stripping women of their bodily autonomy and using the old interstate slave-chase laws as legal precedent for prosecuting women who get abortions out-of-state (as some anti-abortion activists suggested in Missouri  )is more comparable to slavery

11 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

No people like YOU were pro slavery. That’s why conservatives today are trying to sanitize and rebrand  slavery as “not that bad”, call it “involuntary relocation” and erase slavery from history textbooks altogether as they say teaching about it is “divisive” and “unpatriotic”

And it’s idiotic to compare abortion rights to slavery.  Another one of your dumb analogies. If anything stripping women of their bodily autonomy and using the old interstate slave-chase laws as legal precedent for prosecuting women who get abortions out-of-state (as some anti-abortion activists suggested in Missouri  )is more comparable to slavery

slavery devalues human life

abortion devalues human life

supporters of both use the devaluing of life to justify the morality of those actions

the analogy is apt

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

slavery devalues human life

abortion devalues human life

supporters of both use the devaluing of life to justify the morality of those actions

the analogy is apt

No, the analogy is idiotic. Abortion does not devalue human life, especially when the purpose of the abortion is to save the life of the woman.

Know what does devalue human life? Forcing a rape victim to carry and give birth to her rapist’s baby against her will

Forcing a woman  to carry a high risk pregnancy to term that might kill her

The entire Right Wing agenda:

Capital punishment

Shrugging off mass shootings and school shootings as an acceptable price to pay for the freedom of unrestricted gun ownership 

Banning and locking up asylum seekers and forcibly separating them from their children

America’s  private for-profit  healthcare system that Republicans love so dearly

Relaxing restrictions on all kinds of air and water pollution that kill and causes brain damage 

Opposing clean water and public health initiatives for Indigenous communities that have been under boil water advisories for years or even decades  and have infectious disease outbreaks because “they don’t deserve it”

And many more

The baby debate here is only a distraction. The court has not ruled on that. What is really in the focus of the issue is an individual's right to body integrity. It didn't exist thousands years back when priests could order mutilation rituals and even human sacrifice. Does it exist now, in this century's interpretation? Does liberty include, again, in modern interpretation, being free from being forced into painful, difficult or both, body experience?

Let's see what options are available to an individual in this case if abortion is prohibited. To go through an unwanted birth, a traumatic and painful experience; to go through a cesarean section, a traumatic and painful operation with possible complications. And that's it. Does it sound like liberty? If a priest ordered cutting a piece of one's skin for a ritual would it be any different, in essence and principle? If some state made such practice legal or even mandatory?

That is the essence of the ruling as I understand it. Universal right of individual liberty does not exist now, as a direct issue and consequence. A right compromised right is a right lost. And if one cannot have this freedom, what other freedoms have meaning?

14 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

No, the analogy is idiotic. Abortion does not devalue human life, especially when the purpose of the abortion is to save the life of the woman

abortion devalues human life when it's not about the life of the woman

bringing up the exception that doesn't do that

in no way justifies every abortion

the vast majority of abortions are not about the life or health of the mother

don't pretend otherwise

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

abortion devalues human life when it's not about the life of the woman

bringing up the exception that doesn't do that

in no way justifies every abortion

the vast majority of abortions are not about the life or health of the mother

don't pretend otherwise

EVERY abortion is about the life of the woman, genius. That’s what you don’t get. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ironstone said:

This is where the left wants to go. NO LIMITS on abortion. It was certainly heading in that direction. 

This SC decision gives the choice to states but opponents simply can't comprehend this simple fact.

Videos: Democrats Saying They Support Abortions Without ANY Limits – Summit News

Oh yeah.. like the pharmaceutical company make a killing off mutilating body parts for the trans, so they do with baby killing in the womb. Saves corporations money too.. don't have to pay parental leave or add your child to the insurance policy

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, West said:

Oh yeah.. like the pharmaceutical company make a killing off mutilating body parts for the trans, so they do with baby killing in the womb. Saves corporations money too.. don't have to pay parental leave or add your child to the insurance policy

Obviously there is no middle ground for you, so why do you get upset when others say there should be no restrictions? They aren't being any more extreme than you.

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Obviously there is no middle ground for you, so why do you get upset when others say there should be no restrictions? They aren't being any more extreme than you.

I'm only pointing out what's factually happening. 

Transition therapies are expected to rise by 15% to a 700 million dollar industry by 2027. Capitalize on the awkward teenage years, convince little girls that the confusion they experience in their early teenage years is because they secretly wish to be a boy, then make a nice little profit off it. 

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

what you don't get is that every abortion is about the life of the child, genius

I view both lives equally

while you dehumanize the child

They don't even believe the child is human then say WE are the extremists. 

25 minutes ago, Aristides said:

And many Republicans are against any abortions. So where do they meet? Where can there be a common ground that isn't imposed on one by the other?

only 13% of Republicans are against all abortions

30% of Democrats are against restrictions on any abortions

both positions are idiotic radical extremes

87% of Republicans, 70% of Democrats and 81% of Americans agree that there should be some restrictions on abortion

sounds like lots of middle ground

you just don't like that your extremist position isn't in the middle ground

and want to force that position on the 81% of Americans who oppose it

Edited by Yzermandius19

14 minutes ago, West said:

They don't even believe the child is human then say WE are the extremists. 

all the extremists in this thread

are the zero abortion restriction extremists

there are no zero abortions extremists

yet the zero abortion restriction extremists

think everyone who disagrees with them is a zero abortions extremist

because they can only sell their bullshit

by invoking a false dichotomy to demonize all criticism of their position as a strawman

Edited by Yzermandius19

25 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

only 13% of Republicans are against all abortions

30% of Democrats are against restrictions on any abortions

both positions are idiotic radical extremes

87% of Republicans, 70% of Democrats and 81% of Americans agree that there should be some restrictions on abortion

sounds like lots of middle ground

you just don't like that your extremist position isn't in the middle ground

and want to force that position on the 81% of Americans who oppose it

I have never once said I was in favour of no restrictions but if you, West and others keep calling anyone who disagrees with you baby killers, you are going to get the response you deserve. 

Edited by Aristides

35 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I have never once said I was in favour of no restrictions but if you, West and others keep calling anyone who disagrees with you baby killers, you are going to get the response you deserve. 

that's what abortions are

killing human babies

no matter what term you want to refer to them as

/shrugs

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So there is no middle ground for you either. Don't call others extremists then because you are just the same.

there is plenty of middle ground

but calling it something else doesn't change what it is

I don't deny reality because it makes me uncomfortable

what restrictions do you support?

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Wow, 54 pages.  I’m glad that in this forum, we’ve solved the abortion dilemma, people!  Keep on rocking in the free world.(sarcasm)

It’s sad to see so many attacks on each other.  It hasn’t really accomplished anything.

Edited by sharkman

True. My last post was somewhat harsh and I think I over reacted. My first reaction was OK, you aren't calling me a baby killer but the the fact remains I am killing babies. That is not a place to start. After re reading it, I realize there was more too 19's post. 

Whether one is pro choice or not, I don't think anyone should feel "comfortable" about abortion. It has to be a traumatic experience for the great majority of women who do make that decision. 

I think our present policy of not doing abortions past 20 weeks except for extreme circumstances is reasonable. We can argue about when a fetus becomes a person till the cows come home and not get anywhere, so we have to come up with something that isn't based on ideology. Every person's situation is different and this isn't something that can be micro managed.

One thing I am totally not on board with is the idea of prosecuting women who have miscarriages as some of the US trigger laws are doing. The idea that male politicians feel entitled to decide when a woman can be jailed for a miscarriage is totally abhorrent to me. It truly does smack of Handmaidens Tale.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:33 PM, Yzermandius19 said:

it is actual objective fact

Do you know what IS an objective fact?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03392-8

Homicide is the #1 killer of pregnant and post-partum women.

More men will kill their pregnant or post-partum partner because they don't want the baby.

More women will die at the hands of men.

What do you plan on doing about that?

Let me guess, since this consideration hasn't even entered your mind - you will do nothing.  As men have done for millenia.  

You won't be nearly as vocal about controlling men as you are about controlling women.

12 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You won't be nearly as vocal about controlling men as you are about controlling women.

the lunatic feminist left have made themselves the sworn enemies of the right

thus there is no reason whatsoever for us to give them any quarter at all

the woke are bringing the left down

we are going to slaughter their sacred cows in the wake

c'est le guerre

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the lunatic feminist left have made themselves the sworn enemies of the right

thus there is no reason whatsoever for us to give them any quarter at all

the woke are bringing the left down

we are going to slaughter their sacred cows in the wake

c'est le guerre

I guess if I'm a "lunatic feminist" for being against men killing their pregnant/post partum partners because they never wanted to be a father, then I will wear that label proudly.