US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I had issues with carrying pregnancies t term and experienced multiple miscarriages.

Miscarriages are very common.

It terrifies me that some of you men want women tried, convicted or even executed for them.

It terrifies me that you are winning right now.

It terrifies me that women are still - in the 21st century - being treated like we need to have MEN to make decisions about our bodies and health, for us.

Who wants you executed for a miscarriage?

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

yeah and the restrictions

would be for those who don't restrict themselves

the vast majority of women support that

Yes, I understand that.  I understand that you support this legislation because it will restrict women who you don't agree with their views.

That's fine.

The problem is - by banning and restricting certain things, you take the decision away from ALL women and in ALL circumstances.

For instance - if you support a ban on all abortion, that means A BAN ON ALL ABORTION.  That means that women who experience ectopic pregnancies - which are not viable and right now are routinely removed to save the life of a woman, will be banned.

Your legislation will kill women needlessly.

Do you understand that?

Biology is messy.  Every situation needs to assessed on its own merits, according to the make-up of the woman involved.

This is why it's best left to a woman and her doctor.  Not old white men who do  not know what an ectopic pregnancy or a fallopian tube is.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You realize that the men in power who are making these decisions for women and who you support, have openly said this does not matter to them, right?

What is your reasoning for going along with legislation that says a woman experiencing an ectopic pregnancy must die?

There are plenty of pro life women too.. looks to be about 80% in the us

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes, I understand that.  I understand that you support this legislation because it will restrict women who you don't agree with their views.

That's fine.

The problem is - by banning and restricting certain things, you take the decision away from ALL women and in ALL circumstances.

For instance - if you support a ban on all abortion, that means A BAN ON ALL ABORTION.  That means that women who experience ectopic pregnancies - which are not viable and right now are routinely removed to save the life of a woman, will be banned.

Your legislation will kill women needlessly.

Do you understand that?

Biology is messy.  Every situation needs to assessed on its own merits, according to the make-up of the woman involved.

This is why it's best left to a woman and her doctor.  Not old white men who do  not know what an ectopic pregnancy or a fallopian tube is.

only 8% support a ban on all abortions in all circumstances

you are inflating an extreme minority into the boogeyman calling all the shots

that's not happening

and it won't happen

so you can ease up on the paranoia 

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

yeah and the restrictions

would be for those who don't restrict themselves

the vast majority of women support that

Yup.. can say the vast majority also support restrictions on drunk driving. Just because the majority restrict themselves from getting behind the wheel intoxicated doesn't make a law invalid

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

What is your reasoning for going along with legislation that says a woman experiencing an ectopic pregnancy must die?

Can you reference what you are talking about? Even the most restrictive states are allowing provisions for what you say

6 minutes ago, West said:

Who wants you executed for a miscarriage?

Exactly.  This type of argument is a knee jerk reaction.  The legal system is going to go after the abortion providers, not the women stuck in awful situations.  

1 minute ago, West said:

Can you reference what you are talking about? Even the most restrictive states are allowing provisions for what you say

Arrested for Having a Miscarriage? 7 Appalling Instances Where Pregnant Women Were Criminalized - Alternet.org

"Since 2005, we have identified an additional 380 cases, with more arrests occurring every week,” they write. “This significant increase coincides with what the Guttmacher Institute describes as a 'seismic shift' in the number of states with laws hostile to abortion rights.”

US women are being jailed for having miscarriages - BBC News

Opinion | When Prosecutors Jail a Mother for a Miscarriage - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Women Could Get 30 Years in Prison for Having a Miscarriage in Georgia (businessinsider.com)

A California woman was jailed on suspicion of causing her stillbirth. Her attorney says prosecution for miscarriages will 'only get worse' under US abortion crackdowns. (yahoo.com)

Woman indicted for manslaughter after miscarrying when shot (nypost.com)

the wins just keep on coming . . .

SCOTUS Sides with High School Football Coach Fired for Praying on the Field 

WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 25: Former Bremerton High School assistant football coach Joe Kennedy takes a knee in front of the U.S. Supreme Court after his legal case, Kennedy vs. Bremerton School District, was argued before the court on April 25, 2022 in Washington, DC. Kennedy was terminated from his …Win McNamee/Getty Images

Katherine Hamilton
27 Jun 20220
6:21

The Supreme Court on Monday sided 6-3 with a football coach who was fired for praying on the field after games, marking another win for religious liberty delivered by the conservative-leaning court.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/27/scotus-sides-with-high-school-football-coach-fired-for-praying-on-the-field/

Trump is the gift that will keep on giving for generations to come

even with control of the House & Presidency, the Democrat's Communist agenda is being dismantled in a rout

yeehaw

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the wins just keep on coming . . .

Trump is the gift that will keep on giving for generations to come

even with control of the House & Presidency, the Democrat's Communist agenda is being dismantled in a rout

yeehaw

I know, right?  It’s going to be a long summer for the left, and then the mid terms will bury them...

Let's face it - this has absolutely zero to do with saving children.  If it did - there wouldn't be hundreds of millions of children all over the world dying from starvation and other easily remedied factors.

This has everything to do with how men view women.

I believe most men despise women.

So they must control and regulate every action women take in every aspect of life. 

I know this because late-term abortions are exceedingly rare.  Yet men believe that 8 or 9 month pregnant women just wake up one day and decide, "You know, I don't want a baby after all."

That's not what happens.  It's probably the most gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, agonizing decision these few women ever have to make.

This decision will not end with controlling abortion.  Mark my words.  

I'll let you men on this thread continue to assert your views on all the things women should or should not be doing, or should or should not be allowed to do or decide.

I stopped reading after, “ most men despise women”.  That is such a sad view to cling to.   

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Let's face it - this has absolutely zero to do with saving children.  If it did - there wouldn't be hundreds of millions of children all over the world dying from starvation and other easily remedied factors.

So they must control and regulate every action women take in every aspect of life. 

I know this because late-term abortions are exceedingly rare.  Yet men believe that 8 or 9 month pregnant women just wake up one day and decide, "You know, I don't want a baby after all."

That's not what happens.  It's probably the most gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, agonizing decision these few women ever have to make.

I'll let you men on this thread continue to assert your views on all the things women should or should not be doing, or should or should not be allowed to do or decide.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

my issue is not abortion

my issue is states rights

so if the people of California or New York vote make abortion a right in their states, I would defend that right

if you want that at the federal level tho, you have to get a two thirds majority to pass a constitutional amendment

if you follow the process, and win by two thirds majority, then I have no quarrel

but trying to fabricate a right in the 14th amendment which wasn't actually there, was always a house of cards