US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

2 hours ago, West said:

Vox is based on left wing propaganda.. 

If you don't like restrictions on baby murder, my guess is you'll have another fit today when you realize high school sports teams can pray before the start of games ?

Who said there shouldn't be any restrictions. We already have them in Canada even though they aren't law. What restrictions would you be comfortable with other than an outright ban?

People don't go to jail for not praying, except in totalitarian theocracies, which seems to be the road America is headed down.

Like god doesn't have anything better to do than worry about picking sides in games.  Like god cares who is the best prayer, not the best player.

Both sides pray during wars as well. How does that work out?

Edited by Aristides

15 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's not a men vs women thing

Of course it is.

Women don't get pregnant on their own.

If we're going to regulate bodies, then regulate everyone's.

Vasectomies are reversible.  Give every male over....say....15 years of age?....a vasectomy.

Abortion problem solved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

public opinion polls suggest that 81% of Americans support some restrictions on abortion

and only 19% support no restrictions on abortion

but of course Vox neglects to mention that

because they are gaslighting you

Actually it does if you bothered to read it. But of course you didn't.

I'll ask you the same question, other than an outright ban, what restrictions would you be comfortable  with?

Edited by Aristides

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

91% of the people who voted for this are NOT women.

It's very much a men vs. women thing.

No woman would vote to die because of a non-viable ectopic pregnancy.  Men are making that decision for women.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Who said there shouldn't be any restrictions. We already have them in Canada even though they aren't law. What restrictions would you be comfortable with other than an outright ban?

People don't go to jail for not praying, except in totalitarian theocracies, which seems to be the road America is headed down.

Like god doesn't have anything better to do than worry about picking sides in games.  Like god cares who is the best prayer, not the best player.

Both sides pray during wars as well. How does that work out?

Well you seem to be flipping out over restrictions at 15 weeks (as was the case before the court). 

Pretty ignorant comment.. most of the time the prayers are for player safety and good sportsmanship. I personally like it. Makes you realize there's something bigger than the game itself

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

What a crock. Time for the US to grow up and join the civilized world. I'd be more worried about the knobs who think they need guns to defend themselves from an elected government. As we can see (Jan 6) they are the ones most likely to install their great leader (Trump) and be the death of democracy. 

I know that it feels to you like you are correct, but it only appears that way from an extremely short-term, limited viewpoint which completely ignores world history. 

Just remember that in the grand scheme of things, democracy is still just a short-lived experiment. As herd mammals we actually expect to be ruled by a basic dictator, and human history is dominated by all kinds of dictators such as kings, emperors, tsars, chiefs, etc. Presidents and Prime Ministers are relatively new, and they still only run a percentage of the planet in a true, healthy-functioning democratic fashion. In this day and age there are plenty of examples of "presidents" who actually are dictators, propped up by an oligarchy.

FYI maintaining a healthy, functioning democracy requires a balance of power. Checks and balances. The judiciary is a huge part of that, and it's a big deal when the government assumes unlawful control of that branch. The media is a huge part of that, and it's a big deal when the government assumes control of the media. Elections are obviously huge and when there are legitimate questions about something that went wrong we should all care - no one should ever say "my side won so let's keep a lid on it." Controlling the federal police is a nasty power grab and you should be outraged by it. Still, you admire your leaders when they do all of those things.

Sorry but democracy wasn't intended to just last a few years. Tyranny wasn't to be be averted in the short term alone. The constitution was designed to serve the American people in perpetuity. The last line of defence in the US is the well-armed militias. They're like a nuclear deterrent, you hope that you never have to use them but it would be unwise not to have them. 

There's a thin blue line of law enforcement officers that works for the people and when it doesn't, it's not strong enough to just overwhelm everyone in the US. That's not the case in Shanghai because the police and military have all the guns. No matter what the gov't says or does, the people have no choice but to abide and to suffer if need be.

Do you think that the Chinese dictators would allow the peasants there to be armed? How desperate would they be to fool their citizens into giving up their guns peacefully? Or to force them?

The Dems are actively trying to thwart democracy in every election cycle, using the IRS, CIA and FBI as their own partisan attack dogs, fomenting racial division, and painting the "nasty white men with guns" as the biggest threat to democracy. It's all completely insane.

If the FBI under Trump were actively breaking laws to imprison Hillary Clinton you'd instantly recognize the threat to democracy, but you don't like Trump so you think that breaking laws to make him look bad was ok. That's purely idiotic.

Strzok/McCabe/Clinesmith/Sussman is the biggest story in the last 100 years of democracy. Things like WWII are obviously bigger events, but in terms of the state of democracy worldwide, the fact that the US doesn't have a healthy democracy is of an enormous magnitude, but the media has you looking at it through a distorted, unhealthy lens. 

You're the exact person who's a threat to democracy. You're the exact person who would go along with the Nazi rise to power in Germany in the 1930s. You just refuse to acknowledge it because your leaders commend you on your virtue. They'll keep complimenting you and you'll keep supporting their overreach until elections are a total sham. We'll be completely disarmed, and injecting what we're told to inject by the gov't and their ministry of propaganda, and that's not democracy. It's just a basic dictatorship that propped up by useful idiots like you. Your grandchildren will never understand the freedoms that existed when you were a child unless you wake the fuck up. 

Edited by WestCanMan

7 minutes ago, West said:

Well you seem to be flipping out over restrictions at 15 weeks (as was the case before the court). 

Pretty ignorant comment.. most of the time the prayers are for player safety and good sportsmanship. I personally like it. Makes you realize there's something bigger than the game itself

That isn't what states are doing. 

Who cares what teams pray for before games as long as individual players aren't forced into it.

Personally, I am against late-term abortions just to not have the child, so I wouldn't get one.  What other people do is up to them - if there is a God, I don't think he's going to ask me about other people's sins.

But stats show that is extremely rare.

Back in the early '70's my mother was forced to give birth to a full-term stillborn baby.  To this day, she says she would have rather had it delivered by abortion.  The experience was obviously traumatic to begin with and being forced to go through L&D made it much worse.

I would prefer that women like her have the choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I know that it feels to you like you are correct, but it only appears that way from an extremely short-term, limited viewpoint which completely ignores world history. 

Just remember that in the grand scheme of things, democracy is still just a short-lived experiment. As herd mammals we actually expect to be ruled by a basic dictator, and human history is dominated by all kinds of dictators such as kings, emperors, tsars, chiefs, etc. Presidents and Prime Ministers are relatively new, and they still only run a percentage of the planet in a true, healthy-functioning democratic fashion. In this day and age there are plenty of examples of "presidents" who actually are dictators, propped up by an oligarchy.

FYI maintaining a healthy, functioning democracy requires a balance of power. Checks and balances. The judiciary is a huge part of that, and it's a big deal when the government assumes unlawful control of that branch. The media is a huge part of that, and it's a big deal when the government assumes control of the media. Elections are obviously huge and when there are legitimate questions about something that went wrong we should all care - no one should ever say "my side won so let's keep a lid on it." Controlling the federal police is a nasty power grab and you should be outraged by it. Still, you admire your leaders when they do all of those things.

Sorry but democracy wasn't intended to just last a few years. Tyranny wasn't to be be averted in the short term alone. The constitution was designed to serve the American people in perpetuity. The last line of defence in the US is the well-armed militias. They're like a nuclear deterrent, you hope that you never have to use them but it would be unwise not to have them. 

There's a thin blue line of law enforcement officers that works for the people and when it doesn't, it's not strong enough to just overwhelm everyone in the US. That's not the case in Shanghai because the police and military have all the guns. No matter what the gov't says or does, the people have no choice but to abide and to suffer if need be.

Do you think that the Chinese dictators would allow the peasants there to be armed? How desperate would they be to fool their citizens into giving up their guns peacefully? Or to force them?

The Dems are actively trying to thwart democracy in every election cycle, using the IRS, CIA and FBI as their own partisan attack dogs, fomenting racial division, and painting the "nasty white men with guns" as the biggest threat to democracy. It's all completely insane.

If the FBI under Trump were actively breaking laws to imprison Hillary Clinton you'd instantly recognize the threat to democracy, but you don't like Trump so you think that breaking laws to make him look bad was ok. That's purely idiotic.

Strzok/McCabe/Clinesmith/Sussman is the biggest story in the last 100 years of democracy. Things like WWII are obviously bigger events, but in terms of the state of democracy worldwide, the fact that the US doesn't have a healthy democracy is of an enormous magnitude, but the media has you looking at it through a distorted, unhealthy lens. 

You're the exact person who's a threat to democracy. You're the exact person who would go along with the Nazi rise to power in Germany in the 1930s. You just refuse to acknowledge it because your leaders commend you on your virtue. They'll keep complimenting you and you'll keep supporting their overreach until elections are a total sham. We'll be completely disarmed, and injecting what we're told to inject by the gov't and their ministry of propaganda, and that's not democracy. It's just a basic dictatorship that propped up by useful idiots like you. Your grandchildren will never understand the freedoms that existed when you were a child unless you wake the fuck up. 

You are the one who admires them. You support packing a court on ideological basis, you support the attack on elections. You support a man like Trump who does all of those things. You are the one who would go along with the Nazi rise to power with your blind faith in your dear leader. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Of course it is.

Women don't get pregnant on their own.

If we're going to regulate bodies, then regulate everyone's.

Vasectomies are reversible.  Give every male over....say....15 years of age?....a vasectomy.

Abortion problem solved.

79% of women support some restrictions on abortion

83% of men support some restrictions on abortion

only a 4% gap

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

That isn't what states are doing. 

Who cares what teams pray for before games as long as individual players aren't forced into it.

My goodness yes it is. The Mississipi case was whether or not it's constitutional for a state to implement a 15 week cap on abortion. As it turns out, yes that's constitutional. 

Nobody is being forced to pray. You are welcome to walk away if it's not your thing

Edited by West

18 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

79% of women support some restrictions on abortion

Yes, and I am one of them, as I noted above.  So in the event I had to make a decision about a pregnancy, I would restrict myself, as I'm sure most women already do. At least 79% of them, by your information there.  But that's not good enough for men.  They must control ALL women.

I also think there should be exceptions to the restrictions, as I noted above in my comment about my mother's stillbirth.  Even a late term abortion should have exceptions and not banned outright.  

I don't believe women who experience miscarriages should be charged with murder or go to jail.

I think these kinds of decisions should be made by the woman and her doctor.

My problem is that MEN are making these decisions. MEN who do not know the most basic things about female reproduction.  No exceptions means that for every ectopic pregnancy (where the fertilized egg implants in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus and thus is completely non-viable and puts the life of a woman at stake) a woman will die needlessly.

When I read comments about some of the things men believe about women's bodies and reproduction, I am aghast at the ignorance.  I dont' trust these old white men to make decisions for women.

Best left between a woman and her doctor.

My fear is this is just the beginning of loss of rights for women.

The first woman born in the USA to be able to apply for and get her own credit card.....is only 48.

Men trying to keep women controlled, regulated and "in their place".....is not new to me.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luz P. said:

When you say whatever it takes during the job interview just to get the job.

img.jpg

This is your gotcha eh.. 

It was the law of the land just like slavery was upheld by the SC at one point. Now it's not.. leftists can no longer murder babies or own slaves.. praise God

20 minutes ago, West said:

My goodness yes it is. The Mississipi case was whether or not it's constitutional for a state to implement a 15 week cap on abortion. As it turns out, yes that's constitutional. 

Nobody is being forced to pray. You are welcome to walk away if it's not your thing

I asked you a question but you won't answer it. I'll ask you one more time. What restrictions would satisfy you short of an complete ban?

Why should anyone have to walk away? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, West said:

This is your gotcha eh.. 

It was the law of the land just like slavery was upheld by the SC at one point. Now it's not.. leftists can no longer murder babies or own slaves.. praise God

21st century and there are still men who think god gave them the right to rule women.

I guess that's what you call an originalist.

Edited by Aristides

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Yes, and I am one of them, as I noted above.  So in the event I had to make a decision about a pregnancy, I would restrict myself, as I'm sure most women already do. At least 79% of them, by your information there.  But that's not good enough for men.  They must control ALL women.

no

79% of women want the government to restrict abortion

not self restriction

it is not just men making these decisions, plenty of women too

your whole battle of the sexes, men holding women down narrative is bullshit

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

I asked you a question but you won't answer it. I'll ask you one more time. What restrictions would satisfy you short of an complete ban?

Why should anyone have to walk away? 

I've already answered that.. I think you can make an argument when it will cause loss of life to the mother. Even then doctors should have a moral obligation to preserve the life of the child if possible

I don't think you can make a sane argument that doesn't make you sound like a eugenicist when you start advocating for a woman's right to end the life based on gender or disability ie down syndrome. 

As for prayer, nobody is forcing anyone to pray. Students voluntarily joined but the anti God folks freaked out 

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't believe women who experience miscarriages should be charged with murder or go to jail.

I had issues with carrying pregnancies t term and experienced multiple miscarriages.

Miscarriages are very common.

It terrifies me that some of you men want women tried, convicted or even executed for them.

It terrifies me that you are winning right now.

It terrifies me that women are still - in the 21st century - being treated like we need to have MEN to make decisions about our bodies and health, for us.

3 minutes ago, West said:

I think you can make an argument when it will cause loss of life to the mother.

You realize that the men in power who are making these decisions for women and who you support, have openly said this does not matter to them, right?

What is your reasoning for going along with legislation that says a woman experiencing an ectopic pregnancy must die?

13 minutes ago, West said:

This is your gotcha eh.. 

Gotcha: Men talking about what's best for women, having no clue what its like to have an unwanted pregnancy.

The utter ignorance of the right - "Praise the Lord"

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

21st century and there are still men who think god gave them the right to rule women.

I guess that's what you call an originalist.

No there aren't. You are just making it up now. 

21st century and we are still going back to the stone age with child sacrifice.