US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

19 hours ago, Boges said:

And you are ignoring the idea that some of these states want to go way further than banning the abortion of a somewhat viable fetus

Not only do you not know jack sh*t about my country, all you have posted so far is Leftist BS and propaganda.

Here is some simple science, written so simply that even you might understand:

A human being is a human being regardless of that human being's stage of development.

Got it Vlad?

All humans have human rights. The most fundamental of all human rights is the Right to Life. It is the rights that all other rights depend on.

Very simple.

Abortion violates that most fundamental of human rights.

Again, so simple a child could understand.

The atheist’s case against abortion: respect for human rights
https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/10/19/atheists-case-against-abortion-respect-human-rights

I am an atheist, a 29-year-old woman, well-educated at secular institutions, and I lean liberal on many issues, including same-sex marriage and climate change. I am also a dedicated pro-life activist, working to make abortion unthinkable.

The abortion industry would have you believe that people like me do not exist. They would have you believe that the pro-life movement is almost exclusively old white men, with a few pearl-clutching church ladies thrown in. This characterization is insulting to both young and old. The older pro-life leaders of today are the pioneering young adult activists of the 1970s, who courageously dissented from Roe v. Wade. And they have recruited new generations of pro-lifers to follow in their footsteps; millennials in the movement call ourselves the “pro-life generation.”

There are important differences between the millennial generation and those that came before. One of the biggest is religion. The well-reported decline in church attendance is driven largely by young adults. Over a third of millennials tell pollsters they have no religious affiliation, compared with 23 percent for Generation X and 17 percent for baby boomers. And even among millennials who have maintained a religious affiliation, many favor same-sex marriage and show less appetite for the “culture war” than their elders do.

Yet this more secular generation still shows up to save preborn children and their mothers from the tragedy of abortion. This puzzles some abortion supporters, who had assumed they would benefit from demographic changes. The key to understanding this discrepancy is to realize that it is not a discrepancy at all: We see abortion not as a culture war issue or as a religious issue but as a human rights issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Great American said:

Not only do you not know jack sh*t about my country, all you have posted so far is Leftist BS and propaganda.

A human being is a human being regardless of that human being's stage of development.

Got it Vlad?

All humans have human rights. The most fundamental of all human rights is the Right to Life. It is the rights that all other rights depend on.

Very simple.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/10/19/atheists-case-against-abortion-respect-human-rights

I am an atheist, a 29-year-old woman, well-educated at secular institutions, and I lean liberal on many issues, including same-sex marriage and climate change. I am also a dedicated pro-life activist, working to make abortion unthinkable.

The abortion industry would have you believe that people like me do not exist. They would have you believe that the pro-life movement is almost exclusively old white men, with a few pearl-clutching church ladies thrown in. This characterization is insulting to both young and old. The older pro-life leaders of today are the pioneering young adult activists of the 1970s, who courageously dissented from Roe v. Wade. And they have recruited new generations of pro-lifers to follow in their footsteps; millennials in the movement call ourselves the “pro-life generation.”

There are important differences between the millennial generation and those that came before. One of the biggest is religion. The well-reported decline in church attendance is driven largely by young adults. Over a third of millennials tell pollsters they have no religious affiliation, compared with 23 percent for Generation X and 17 percent for baby boomers. And even among millennials who have maintained a religious affiliation, many favor same-sex marriage and show less appetite for the “culture war” than their elders do.

Yet this more secular generation still shows up to save preborn children and their mothers from the tragedy of abortion. This puzzles some abortion supporters, who had assumed they would benefit from demographic changes. The key to understanding this discrepancy is to realize that it is not a discrepancy at all: We see abortion not as a culture war issue or as a religious issue but as a human rights issue.

Just to be clear. In your world, all life begins at fertilization then. 

IUD's: Murder!
Birth Control Pill: Murder!
IVF: Murder!
Plan B: Murder!
Stem Cell Research: Murder!!!
Abortion to save the life of the mother: MURDER!!!

This issue is not black and white. If you see it as black and white you become the authoritarian monster. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 5:06 AM, Great American said:

Got it Vlad?

Very simple.

How many unwanted children have you personally adopted?

• 4 weeks later...

Given at least half the states appear to be ready to ban or severely restrict abortions maybe now Americans will have definable regions of the US they can move to where they can be amongst their own kind.

Perhaps America's 2nd Civil War won't need to be a violent affair now that they'll have the choice to relocate or stay in their red or blue regions or even countries one day. There may be a silver lining here. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Given at least half the states appear to be ready to ban or severely restrict abortions maybe now Americans will have definable regions of the US they can move to where they can be amongst their own kind.

Perhaps America's 2nd Civil War won't need to be a violent affair now that they'll have the choice to relocate or stay in their red or blue regions or even countries one day. There may be a silver lining here. 

Sounds like a plan. New York has already said they'll be a haven for baby murder. Adios 

7 minutes ago, West said:

Sounds like a plan. New York has already said they'll be a haven for baby murder. Adios 

I'm pretty sure right-wing states will do everything they can to prevent their incubators from leaving and especially their white one's.

• Like 1

Just now, eyeball said:

I'm pretty sure right-wing states will do everything they can to prevent their incubators from leaving and especially their white one's.

And left wing states will do everything they can to encourage cross border baby murder.  Especially black babies, they hate black babies most.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Perhaps the time is ripe for the balkanization of the USA, something they don't mind and even promote in other parts of the world.

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

And left wing states will do everything they can to encourage cross border baby murder.  Especially black babies, they hate black babies most.

Left wing states will benefit from these incoming immigrants to bolster their economies. Right-wing states in the meantime will struggle to attract both workers and investors. Hopefully other countries will impose the sort of sanctions against them in the same manner and with the same attitude being proposed for China's slavery regions  

45 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

Perhaps the time is ripe for the balkanization of the USA, something they don't mind and even promote in other parts of the world.

They'll certainly have both good reason and now, hopefully, areas with actual borders to facilitate Balkanization peacefully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Left wing states will benefit from these incoming immigrants to bolster their economies. Right-wing states in the meantime will struggle to attract both workers and investors.

OK...but several Canadian provinces have already done this for decades, particulary for easy access to abortions.   Thousands of Canadian women sought abortions in the U.S. each year because of this.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Left wing states will benefit from these incoming immigrants to bolster their economies. Right-wing states in the meantime will struggle to attract both workers and investors. Hopefully other countries will impose the sort of sanctions against them in the same manner and with the same attitude being proposed for China's slavery regions  

I’ve got bad news for you.  Apparently there is precedent for States to sue and win vs other States that allow out of State citizens to avail themselves of illegal goods/services.  

So expect a flurry of lawsuits and no doubt the Supremes will fast track such cases to close loopholes.

Why do angry pro Roe women always react as though every abortion involves a raped and molested minor? It’s as though EVERY abortion in the history of the world involved minors.

In reality, most by far are after-the-fact lazy birth control. You KNEW how to avoid pregnancy before hand.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Why do angry pro Roe women always react as though every abortion involves a raped and molested minor? It’s as though EVERY abortion in the history of the world involved minors.

In reality, most by far are after-the-fact lazy birth control. You KNEW how to avoid pregnancy before hand.

Them uppiddy womens need to know their place.

Edited by Aristides

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Them uppiddy womens need to know know their place.

I suggest both they and their partner are often just lazy when we all know how to avoid pregnancy.

How about BOTH respect the risk and take steps beforehand?