US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

2 hours ago, Luz P. said:

What we’re experiencing is social engineering of the most nefarious kind. 

I never claimed fathers aren’t needed. On the contrary, fathers and the family unit are essential in a well-functioning society.  People don’t want children or as you say, are denying that instinct because a very grim picture has been painted of the future. 

Humanity needs a balance.  Women and their feminine attributes have been taken for granted and diminished for so long they've decided to do it on their own.  Children pay the price and ultimately society. If you grow up in a single-parent household and turn out to become a well-adjusted adult, it makes the best argument for how marriage or a traditional family unit aren’t indispensable.

Times are changing and there’s no way back, now we need to find a way to make this trend work.

I don't think it'll ever work. Fact is, kids needs both feminine and masculine influences.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

we said that about a lot of what happens in the US, like BLM, trump politics, never say never...

True....and the ironic part for this topic is that far more Canadian women have sought and received thousands of abortions in the United States because of various barriers to "abortion rights" access in several provinces.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

So only women are too lazy to use birth control. Got it.

This is her future we are talking about, why would you leave that to the man,  She is the one that has the final say on what goes into her Virginia. Are you going to put that future into some guy's hands, then that's why you're going to the clinic in the first place. 

9 hours ago, Oksanna said:

So, again, all of this is stupid. If you aren't a woman, you don't have to bear the costs. And, you have exactly zero idea what you are talking about with respect to anything else surrounding the issue. You aren't a doctor, you aren't even a psychologist, or anything even close. A woman aborts a baby about once a month, and it's fine. It has nothing to do with you.

There is no other case in which a human being is forced to sacrifice themselves medically for another human, and we aren't even talking about real humans here. Just clumps of cells. And as always spare me the lies about how much you care about babies. You don't, and nobody outside of you guys think that you do.

Have you ever looked at an ultra sound?  Just wow.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

So only women are too lazy to use birth control. Got it.

Canadians embrace a death cult.  Abortion can occur at any time in Canada.  You can doubt whether I REALLY care, whatever that means.  I care about justice.  And seeing a human being extracted and eviscerated is not justice.  On the pro woman argument I suppose I mother should be able to let's say terminate their 15 year old?

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

This is her future we are talking about, why would you leave that to the man,  She is the one that has the final say on what goes into her Virginia. Are you going to put that future into some guy's hands, then that's why you're going to the clinic in the first place. 

What is it you don't understand about her future. It's her future and you should have no say in it. That's the thing, you want to absolve the man of all responsibility for the pregnancy but still be able to dictate what happens to her body and how she has to lead her future life. You are the one who wants to put her future in guy's hands while they have no responsibility. There sure are a lot of misogynists around these days.

So you have to be a poor single mom. Not my problem, I'm free to knock someone else up.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Canadians embrace a death cult.  Abortion can occur at any time in Canada.  You can doubt whether I REALLY care, whatever that means.  I care about justice.  And seeing a human being extracted and eviscerated is not justice.  On the pro woman argument I suppose I mother should be able to let's say terminate their 15 year old?

Not true. 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/letters/todays-letters-late-trimester-abortions-are-not-happening-in-canada-without-a-reason

No physician in Canada can terminate a pregnancy over 24 weeks without serious indications that the life of the mother is at risk or that the fetus has very serious malformations. 

Edited by Aristides

Texas law bans abortions after 6 weeks. A woman could be six weeks and have no other indication than her period was two weeks late. By the time she found out she was pregnant and got an appointment for an abortion she would be well over six weeks. The Texas law effectively bans abortions.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 4:36 PM, Aristides said:

It's just men claiming dominion over women's bodies like they have for millennia. Texas abortion law is a perfect example, the law itself sets people against each other. 

If men were the ones who got pregnant you’d be able to get an abortion at a drive-thru window and people would think nothing of it.  Popping out for a quick abortion would just be considered personal hygiene appointment  like getting your hair cut. This is totally about controlling women. 

And while we’re at it, if men were the ones who got pregnant , Americans who give birth would be treated like military veterans and get at least years parental leave full pay or government benefits, not the current US system for women  which is “you have 12 unpaid weeks to push that baby out, sew up your crotch and get back in your seat or you’re fired” 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Texas law bans abortions after 6 weeks. A woman could be six weeks and have no other indication than her period was two weeks late. By the time she found out she was pregnant and got an appointment for an abortion she would be well over six weeks. The Texas law effectively bans abortions.

Its also a ridiculously perverse abuse of the law, allowing complete strangers anywhere in the country who have no connection to to anyone involved to sue.  Nowhere anywhere in n the world can a person with no legal standing and no damages sue complete strangers. For example I can sue you for damaging MY property, but I can’t sue you for damaging the property of some stranger on the other side of the country that I don’t know and have no connection to. 

The second perversion in the texas law is that it explicitly says even if the people sued for allegedly having the illegal abortion are found innocent or the lawsuit is thrown out for lack of merit, the people who were sued are explicitly prohibited for countersuing to recover legal fees or damaged reputation. This is absolutely unheard of in law, deliberately tying the hands of a particular party and denying them the same entitlement to due process  that everyone else has. They’re basically inviting nationally-funded groups across America to file frivolous lawsuits against Texas pro-choice advocates and drown them in legal fees because there’s no risk for doing so. 

This is yet another example of Republicans shocking and brazen abuses of office and power and exactly why we say the creeping fascism of the Republican Party is no longer creeping it’s blatantly walking right out in the open. 

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Its also a ridiculously perverse abuse of the law, allowing complete strangers anywhere in the country who have no connection to to anyone involved to sue.  Nowhere anywhere in n the world can a person with no legal standing and no damages sue complete strangers. For example I can sue you for damaging MY property, but I can’t sue you for damaging the property of some stranger on the other side of the country that I don’t know and have no connection to. 

The second perversion in the texas law is that it explicitly says even if the people sued for allegedly having the illegal abortion are found innocent or the lawsuit is thrown out for lack of merit, the people who were sued are explicitly prohibited for countersuing to recover legal fees or damaged reputation. This is absolutely unheard of in law, deliberately tying the hands of a particular party and denying them the same entitlement to due process  that everyone else has. They’re basically inviting nationally-funded groups across America to file frivolous lawsuits against Texas pro-choice advocates and drown them in legal fees because there’s no risk for doing so. 

This is yet another example of Republicans shocking and brazen abuses of office and power and exactly why we say the creeping fascism of the Republican Party is no longer creeping it’s blatantly walking right out in the open. 

You really upset with the Republicans over "frivolous lawsuits" when Democrats sunk a decorated army vet with legal fees until he "confessed" to a crime he never committed (talking General Flynn) and ran campaigns on launching frivolous investigations into Donald Trump?

Edited by West

1 minute ago, West said:

You really upset with the Republicans over "frivolous lawsuits" when Democrats sunk a decorated army vet with legal fees until he "confessed" to a crime he never committed (talking General Flynn) and ran campaigns on launching frivolous investigations into Donald Trump?

Hilarious. Where to start with your falsehoods and false comparisons and Putin-loving treasonous disgraced ex-general .  Speaking of lies and frivolous lawsuits how are the Big Lie and Krakken working out foe you?

But….stick to the topic of this thread 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Hilarious. Where to start with your falsehoods and false comparisons and Putin-loving treasonous disgraced ex-general .  Speaking of lies and frivolous lawsuits how are the Big Lie and Krakken working out foe you?

But….stick to the topic of this thread 

Ah yes still living the delusion of collusion I see

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What about the obligations of the father? You guys are completely silent when it comes to men's responsibilities. 

Men should support their kids. I don't disagree. There are some deadbeat dads

2 minutes ago, West said:

Men should support their kids. I don't disagree. There are some deadbeat dads

Bullshit, you are just paying it lip service.  How are you going to ensure that happens? Just saying it means nothing when you can just walk away with no repercussions. You would saddle the woman with everything while obligating the man to nothing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Bullshit, you are just paying it lip service.  How are you going to ensure that happens? Just saying it means nothing when you can just walk away with no repercussions. You would saddle the woman with everything while obligating the man to nothing. 

How is it possible for me personally to make millions of Dads not be a deadbeat?

8 minutes ago, West said:

How is it possible for me personally to make millions of Dads not be a deadbeat?

What a cop out. I didn't ask what you would do personally. What a chauvinist.

The fact is, rich American women will be able to travel anywhere they want for abortions and poor American women will just be poorer. Why do you have such little respect for women?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What a cop out. I didn't ask what you would do personally. What a chauvinist.

The fact is, rich American women will be able to travel anywhere they want for abortions and poor American women will just be poorer. Why do you have such little respect for women?

You asked "how are you going to ensure that happens?"

Anyway this argument is ridiculous. Deadbeats aren't an excuse to take a life of a baby.

1 minute ago, West said:

You asked "how are you going to ensure that happens?"

Anyway this argument is ridiculous. Deadbeats aren't an excuse to take a life of a baby.

If you were making the law how would you ensure that happens? Stop dancing. You are all about other people's (women's) responsibility. Take some responsibility for your own sex for a change.

Women are the victims of deadbeat dads. What are you going to do for them? 

Nothing obviously.