The Lie of Economic Impact from Border Blockade Debunked

Yet another liberal lie has been debunked. This time the lie about the "billions of dollars" the border blockades caused during the alleged border blockades. 

Turns out, as I and others said, truckers are intelligent beings and used alternative crossings. Trade actually increased by 16% during the alleged blockades. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8770775/border-blockades-trade-impact-data/

The big lie was the convoy being blamed for production slow downs of auto manufacturing, but this was more a result of supply chain blunders rather than the blockade.

Will those who peddled the fake narrative finally apologize?

Edited by West
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, West said:

don't be naive

these people are Communist traitors

they are a lunatic cult bent on the destruction of Western civilization itself

the only thing that will bring them to heel, is a ferocious counterrevolution

this scum must be extirpated from our civil society altogether

they must be hunted down and subjected to Roman Banishment, without quarter, nor mercy, nor succor

this is backs against the wall now, there is no other option

27 minutes ago, West said:

Yet another liberal lie has been debunked. This time the lie about the "billions of dollars" the border blockades caused during the alleged border blockades. 

Turns out, as I and others said, truckers are intelligent beings and used alternative crossings. Trade actually increased by 16% during the alleged blockades. 

The big lie was the convoy being blamed for production slow downs of auto manufacturing, but this was more a result of supply chain blunders rather than the blockade.

Those many truckers that were protesting in Ottawa were trying to do us all a big favor and they were protesting to try and end all covid mandates and restrictions because of what they were doing to the country, and especially doing to the people who were not vaccinated.

The non vaccinated were being treated as second class citizen's which was a crime. A country where we are all supposed to be equal. Ha-ha. Those truckers were hero's as far as I am concerned. Those truckers that did not go along with those trucker protesters in Ottawa did not help the situation. I believe that if all truckers across Canada had united and stood together, I am pretty sure that all covid mandates and restrictions would be all gone by now. 

Liberal Doug Ford is trying to get a new law implemented in Ontario where no protests will be allowed where those protesters will be allowed to block or impede movement of traffic or people on the streets or to enter a premise. It sounds good, but In other words, it is a new law that will be trying to stop pretty much any kinds of protesting at all. What will be the next step? No more and outlawing any kinds of protesting at all? Hey, we never know, eh? Canada is slowly becoming another Marxist looking country every day. It would appear as though most of our politicians are trying to to get rid of freedom and rights. 

Anyways, hell will freeze over first before those lying leftist lieberal politicians in Ottawa ever apologize for what they have done or for their lies. That fascist globalist tyrannical dictator in Ottawa, that is running and ruining this country, will never admit that he phukd up. The dictator in Ottawa even had to back off from his emergency act because he was starting to get too much flak from many in his own party. Canada will never get back to the good old normal days as long as this dictator in Ottawa is allowed to continue to destroy this once great country. 

Those blockades may have helped a bit in trying to return our rights and freedoms that we all cost during covid, but our politicians never did learn. They are still trying to hang onto covid for as long as they can. They need to keep many of those covid mandates and restrictions in place for the next round of another covid like crises that may be coming along, say in the fall. Hey, we never know, eh? ?

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

Those many truckers that were protesting in Ottawa were trying to do us all a favor and they were protesting to try and end all covid mandates and restrictions because of what they were doing to the country and especially doing to the people who were not vaccinated. The non vaccinated were treated as second class citizen's which was a crime. Those truckers were hero's as far as I am concerned. Those truckers that did not go along with those trucker protesters did not help the situation. I believe that if all truckers across Canada had united and stood together, I am pretty sure that all covid mandates and restrictions would be all gone today. 

Liberal Doug Ford is trying to get a new law implemented where no protests will be allowed where those protesters will be allowed to block or impede movement of traffic or people on the streets or to enter a premise. It sounds good, but In other words, it is a new law that will be trying to stop pretty much any kinds of protesting at all. 

Hell will freeze over first before those lying leftist lieberal politicians in Ottawa ever apologize for what they have done or for their lies. That fascist globalist in Ottawa, that is running and ruining this country, will never admit that he phukd up. The dictator in Ottawa even had to back off from his emergency act because he was starting to get too much flak from many in his own party. Canada will never get back to the good old normal days as long as this dictator in Ottawa is allowed to continue to destroy this once great country. 

Selective enforcement. We saw that with the covid restrictions. Our PM can violate health orders but freedom fighters couldn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

TBH I never saw that coming.  

"The closure of the bridge did not mean that businesses lost $400 million a day. Ontario’s stable international trade numbers and truck data suggest that most of these goods eventually made it to their destination, albeit through a more circuitous route."

Analyst Peter Nagle, of the automotive research firm S&P Global Mobility, notes that cross-border trade in completed vehicles was down this January and February compared to last year. However he believes this decline is largely a result of global supply chain issues that have bedeviled automakers.

Nice try keeping the hoax alive, Mike.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

don't be naive

these people are Communist traitors

they are a lunatic cult bent on the destruction of Western civilization itself

the only thing that will bring them to heel, is a ferocious counterrevolution

this scum must be extirpated from our civil society altogether

they must be hunted down and subjected to Roman Banishment, without quarter, nor mercy, nor succor

this is backs against the wall now, there is no other option

Justice will only be served when all of those covid pushing communist traitor politicians in Canada are all arrested and charged with crimes against Canadians, and crimes against humanity. Nothing less will do. Works for me. 

But something tells me in the back of my head that these traitors to Canada and Canadians will never be arrested and charged for anything, and they will all get off scott free. They will still get to keep their useless jobs, and keep on trying to take away more of our rights and freedoms, and keep giving us more government, and more taxes. That seems to be all that our politicians are good for. Shafting we the peasants. They will never quit. We the peasants are the enemy. ?

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Justice will only be served when all of those covid pushing communist traitor politicians in Canada are all arrested and charged with crimes against Canadians, and crimes against humanity. Nothing less will do. Works for me. 

But something tells me in the back of my head that these traitors to Canada and Canadians will never be arrested and charged for anything, and they will all get off scott free. They will still get to keep their useless jobs, and keep on trying to take away more of our rights and freedoms, and keep giving us more government, and more taxes. That seems to be all that our politicians are good for. Shafting we the peasants. They will never quit. We the peasants are the enemy. ?

I will not live to see victory day

I simply keep the torch lit

to pass to some future generation I will never know

may they avenge me

Enlightenment 2.0

1 hour ago, West said:

MSM telling lies again.

Just now, West said:

It's safe for them to slowly issue retractions. The propaganda worked and now they can shield themselves from defamation lawsuits.

they can't shield themselves from the incandescent rage of the working & middle classes

the putrid scum of the Canadian "left" will suffer the terrrible consequences for their treason against their own people

They relied on fake news stories like the one claiming the blockades were costing the economy millions per day and fake stories about foreign funding to justify the Emergencies Act. And also fake stories like the convoy trying to light a building on fire. 

Edited by West

7 hours ago, cougar said:

Who are "they"?  How are you going to be sure one belongs to "them"  ?

Justin Trudeau has set the precedent for Canada now

those who oppose the right have unacceptable views

they will not be tolerated

then the full force of state military power will be brought to bear under the rubric of an emergency

17 hours ago, West said:

Absolutely the REAL truckers bypassed the blockades and got product into Canada.

REAl truckers were heralded as the ones that kept the economy going and providing produce and products to Canada.

No one had any issues with REAL truckers.

I am glad you recognize that REAL truckers that kept working and were able to cross the borders as well and not only those losers that blockaded borders and occupied Ottawa.

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The trucker blockades were still illegal and they should have all been arrested on the spot, just like every indigenous activist who blocks a railway.

I don't agree. I don't even agree that the trucker should have all been arrested, and definitely not if they had given up after a few days. For reference, Mohawks have blocked the ambassador bridge before.. but they know what they are doing. They protested, made a point and moved on.. these organizers didn't know what they were doing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The trucker blockades were still illegal and they should have all been arrested on the spot, just like every indigenous activist who blocks a railway.

in Northern Ireland in the 1970's, the Crown simply imposed a policy of Internment

no need to even charge anyone with a crime, 1,981 persons were interned without charge from 1971 to 1975

40 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't agree. I don't even agree that the trucker should have all been arrested, and definitely not if they had given up after a few days. For reference, Mohawks have blocked the ambassador bridge before.. but they know what they are doing. They protested, made a point and moved on.. these organizers didn't know what they were doing

ah, but we are witnessing the breakdown of civil society itself

the left in Canada is attempting a coup de'tat, attempting to criminalize their political opponents

history shows the trajectory where this is going

once you have an Allende trying to seize power, Pinochet will come in the wake,  inevitably

ultimately the right will prevail over the left in America

then the American right will have to impose a dictatorship in Canada

anyone who opposes the government then will be designated as a "terrorist"

then they can either be interned indefinitely in an extra judicial black hole and/or targeted for assassination

9 hours ago, West said:

They relied on fake news stories like the one claiming the blockades were costing the economy millions per day and fake stories about foreign funding to justify the Emergencies Act. And also fake stories like the convoy trying to light a building on fire. 

thus it is the breakdown of the rule of law itself

resulting in sectarian civil war by default

anything goes, there are no rules

then you are forced to wipe your political opponents out before they wipe you out first

now, if you look at the historical record, where do these situations end up ?

I would submit, in most cases, it will be a right wing military dictatorship