What drives the right with their attack on the critical race theory.

I think where you find most of the humor in this nonsense , in fact all right wing nonsense, is that it is 3rd grade material . There is absolutely nothing of substance, there is nothing at all supporting their position. , it's dumbed down to the lowest level of intelligence, to a level that their followers should be insulted, that is if they had a clue to start with. They are the party of bigots, all the facts show they are the party of racist, their actions and words say they are racist. They have found out that There is no argument that they can counter with because the bigotry is rampant among them. So They think that we should outlaw even talking about Racism in school because the fact shows that they are the guilty among us. Can't disprove it, so outlaw talking about it . Nazi Germany , or Putin Russia anyone.

1 hour ago, West said:

The "attack on critical race theory" is because CRT is racist and teaches that attacks on people because they are white is acceptable. 

Parents and teachers have a hard time raising kids and it's made worse by idiots who make up shit for us to deal with.  Your idiotic conspiracy theories actually make things worse for the education ministries because they have to waste time and resources addressing them.  Just as when you were in school, the slow kids are dragging us down.  It would be far better for you to shut up on the matter and listen for once.  Of course, I should follow my best advice and continue to ignore you.

Here's an education expert explaining what the ACTUAL approach is - not your trolled-out bullshit version.

“It’s important to have explicit conversations at an early age, because they do see the difference,” Glaze said.

She suggests parents frame these discussions with children within Canada's historical context, not based on blame or guilt but on how they might work to make society more fair for everyone.

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Parents and teachers have a hard time raising kids and it's made worse by idiots who make up shit for us to deal with.  Your idiotic conspiracy theories actually make things worse for the education ministries because they have to waste time and resources addressing them.  Just as when you were in school, the slow kids are dragging us down.  It would be far better for you to shut up on the matter and listen for once.  Of course, I should follow my best advice and continue to ignore you.

Here's an education expert explaining what the ACTUAL approach is - not your trolled-out bullshit version.

?.. we've all sat through these courses in University and can draw our own conclusions

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, jbander1A said:
I think where you find most of the humor in this nonsense , in fact all right wing nonsense, is that it is 3rd grade material . There is absolutely nothing of substance, there is nothing at all supporting their position. , it's dumbed down to the lowest level of intelligence, to a level that their followers should be insulted, that is if they had a clue to start with. They are the party of bigots, all the facts show they are the party of racist, their actions and words say they are racist. They have found out that There is no argument that they can counter with because the bigotry is rampant among them. So They think that we should outlaw even talking about Racism in school because the fact shows that they are the guilty among us. Can't disprove it, so outlaw talking about it . Nazi Germany , or Putin Russia anyone.

Boy oh boy...the race card, Putin, Russia, Nazi and accusations of stupidity all in one post. Well done Libbie.

I say we give this jbander person the "Groovy guy/gal/transitional of the Week Award". 

Quick...someone give this noble soul a flag...to burn.

Edited by Nationalist

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

As for you...Mr. Libbie shill...teachers do NOT raise our kids. PARENTS raise their kids. Teachers TEACH our kids the academic skills they need.

When a child goes bad, it's the PARENTS who are held responsible...NOT teachers.

You wanna teach your kids and grandchildren to be racist, gender bending, green haired freaks...do it at home instead of trying to dump this racially divisive garbage on teachers.

You've sunk to a new low Mikey.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You wanna teach your kids and grandchildren to be racist, gender bending, green haired freaks...do it at home instead of trying to dump this racially divisive garbage on teachers.

Except we need to compensate for the shitty upbringing too many kids do get at home. The phrase garbage in garbage out comes to mind. Some parents can raise kids responsibly and some can't. It just is what it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. Except we need to compensate for the shitty upbringing too many kids do get at home.

2. The phrase garbage in garbage out comes to mind. Some parents can raise kids responsibly and some can't. It just is what it is.

1. And now trolls are raising their kids to be trolls.  

2. Children raised as pets, or poisoned with ideology not based in reality is a problem.  Some of them are even home schooled, so they never see the light of real life.  It's actually a problem.  I talked with one woman online who told me that the UN was trying to take her kids... when we got to the "why" of her retarded theory it turns out there was a statement that had been made about promoting 'public' education in poor nations.  Garbage out. 

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. And now trolls are raising their kids to be trolls.  

2. Children raised as pets, or poisoned with ideology not based in reality is a problem.  Some of them are even home schooled, so they never see the light of real life.  It's actually a problem.  I talked with one woman online who told me that the UN was trying to take her kids... when we got to the "why" of her retarded theory it turns out there was a statement that had been made about promoting 'public' education in poor nations.  Garbage out. 

I have no hesitation whatsoever in suggesting that the reported epidemic of psychological issues COVID caused in children can be laid at the feet of deeply confused parents who chose to buy into the ideological garbage political entrepreneurs infected them with.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

1. parents who chose to buy into the ideological garbage political entrepreneurs infected them with.

1. Even calling it ideology is generous though.  It's more of a peasant attitude that there's a cabal of people trying to 'get' you.  And only your YouTube and MSM FOX & friends can tell you who to trust.

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

ideological garbage 

To add: Russian peasants and the Khmer Rouge learned to distrust people who could read, or who had glasses.  The latter would just kill people with bad eyesight.  You can see how they get there, I guess, but that doesn't explain four-eyes Poilievre.

• Haha 1

Have any opinions/studies at professional levels been presented to see how teaching CRT (or gender identity) may affect extremely young students emotionally and socially? None that i can find which in itself is somewhat interesting.  Experts it seems are a dime a dozen but how many are psychologists for example? Being an 'educator' doesn't mean you qualify. What are the proponents hoping to gain by teaching such complex things to K-3 students if not for indoctrination? Where is the science?

2 hours ago, suds said:

1. Have any opinions/studies at professional levels been presented to see how teaching CRT (or gender identity) may affect extremely young students emotionally and socially?

2. None that i can find which in itself is somewhat interesting. 

3. Experts it seems are a dime a dozen

4. Being an 'educator' doesn't mean you qualify. What are the proponents hoping to gain by teaching such complex things to K-3 students if not for indoctrination? Where is the science?

1. I feel like there should be lots.  Seems like some of these cover it.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&q=++racism+education+effect+on+children&btnG=

2. I find it interesting that you couldn't find any.  

3. Qualified experts, though, are not.  There are experts by the baker's dozen on this site though.  Many are said to be 'assholes', though

4. You should read some of the studies I linked to.  If you don't accept 'experts' then that's probably a non-starter.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I feel like there should be lots.  Seems like some of these cover it.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&q=++racism+education+effect+on+children&btnG=

2. I find it interesting that you couldn't find any.  

3. Qualified experts, though, are not.  There are experts by the baker's dozen on this site though.  Many are said to be 'assholes', though

4. You should read some of the studies I linked to.  If you don't accept 'experts' then that's probably a non-starter.

Thanks for your trouble except there's no mention of CRT anywhere. I've no problem with teachers discussing racism with young children or teaching about america's racist past. Absolutely none. CRT claims that racism is systemic and institutionalized in america as opposed to individual prejudice. I don't know about you but i wouldn't know where to begin trying to explain this to a 5 year old. It might go something like this.... "if you're not white, you're oppressed, and you were screwed the minute you were born. And you see that white child over there... they're the oppressor."  Well good luck with that.  I would prefer extending to them the vision of MLK that CRT soundly rejects. Obviously racism whether in Canada or the US (or basically any country) is  still a problem that has to be addressed. I don't have all the answers, but teaching CRT to young children has the possibility of making things a lot worse.

2 hours ago, suds said:

1. Thanks for your trouble except there's no mention of CRT anywhere.

2. CRT claims that racism is systemic and institutionalized in america as opposed to individual prejudice.

3. I don't know about you but i wouldn't know where to begin trying to explain this to a 5 year old.

4. It might go something like this.... "if you're not white, you're oppressed, and you were screwed the minute you were born. And you see that white child over there... they're the oppressor."  

1. Well there's plenty on teaching about racism, so you are splitting hairs.  I can't find any curriculum for CRT in the Toronto Board where I live either.

2. Ok, well you have a big problem with an idea - is that because it teaches students to challenge the government ?   I don't see what the problem is with discussing that aspect of racism.  Blaming and shaming does not have to be part of such a discussion.

3.  Well, yeah that would be ridiculous.  I doubt that this is happening in any significant way but I get the concern.

4.  That's not happening - unless you believe scaremongering.  

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well there's plenty on teaching about racism, so you are splitting hairs.  I can't find any curriculum for CRT in the Toronto Board where I live either.

2. Ok, well you have a big problem with an idea - is that because it teaches students to challenge the government ?   I don't see what the problem is with discussing that aspect of racism.  Blaming and shaming does not have to be part of such a discussion.

3.  Well, yeah that would be ridiculous.  I doubt that this is happening in any significant way but I get the concern.

4.  That's not happening - unless you believe scaremongering.  

I can see little sense in going any further with this, so i will apologize for butting into your little slugfest and will butt out.  Carry on.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:48 PM, jbander1A said:

First off, the complaint about CRT by the 'Right' is originated in the U.S. and contrary to their own lack of concern, they actually owe Canada to the actual evidence of our own imposition of cultural laws that represent WHY they are most fearful. For instance, I'm watching Big Brother Canada this season when at the beginning everyone was introducing themselves with the addition of presenting their preferred pronouns. THAT IS an excellent example of how our own education system, ...not the U.S., is literally utilzing theories regarding race and sex in ways that are very presumptuous. 

I was somewhat shocked at the fact that all these young new contestants were in sync with this volunteering of these pronouns and don't get it. The next night after seeing that, I also happened to notice a pharmacist with an added "She/her" to her name tag!!? I asked her and she didn't quite get it either but HAD to wear it. 

While I have already defended the traditional meaning of "CRT" as a body of research regarding these issues, in Canada, we DO have a political impositon of 'culture' to which we have to pay attention to.

I don't get how it is expected that others are to ABIDE by these arrogant expectations. A 'pronoun' is just a variable shorthand way of referencing something without having to formally spell out the particular person's name constantly. But to DICTATE that others SHALL use the pronouns when speaking to you is LITERALLY "ENTITLED". I think that if I had a right to have others respect my pronouns, I could demand that one use "your excellency" as a pronoun. It is a TITLE if one demands specific WAYS that others shall refer to them as and "entitled" is perfect to describe this arrogant expectation. 

So, if you agree, I PROPOSE creating equally justified words for use as your own 'pronouns' that may help demonstrate the absurdity as "your excellency"; But note that those complaining about CRT in most other places are NOT like Canada. We actually DO impose "CRT"-type abuses worthy of complaint. The right-wing use of complaining about it elsewhere is due to how those of us countries exploiting 'diversity' by segregating people based upon genetic identity as though our genes hide 'culture' IS a flaw regarless. They borrowed the original label, "CRT", as a very generalized reference to those who believe teachers should teach cultural ideas in school as per Americas First Amendment. But the use of it BY the Right in the U.S. is a counter assault against their OWN preference to teach 'cultural' material as science: namely and most popularly, the Creationists who are pissed off for not getting this taught as 'equal' science in the classroom.

That is, those 'Rightwingers' are not technically against a critical theory about race but to their own disappointment for not getting their own 'critical race theory' like Creationism, to be taught freely. Thus, the attack is more about the hypocrisy of those proposing teaching methods that they themselves are not permitted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

First off, the complaint about CRT by the 'Right' is originated in the U.S. and contrary to their own lack of concern, they actually owe Canada to the actual evidence of our own imposition of cultural laws that represent WHY they are most fearful. For instance, I'm watching Big Brother Canada this season when at the beginning everyone was introducing themselves with the addition of presenting their preferred pronouns. THAT IS an excellent example of how our own education system, ...not the U.S., is literally utilzing theories regarding race and sex in ways that are very presumptuous. 

I was somewhat shocked at the fact that all these young new contestants were in sync with this volunteering of these pronouns and don't get it. The next night after seeing that, I also happened to notice a pharmacist with an added "She/her" to her name tag!!? I asked her and she didn't quite get it either but HAD to wear it. 

While I have already defended the traditional meaning of "CRT" as a body of research regarding these issues, in Canada, we DO have a political impositon of 'culture' to which we have to pay attention to.

I don't get how it is expected that others are to ABIDE by these arrogant expectations. A 'pronoun' is just a variable shorthand way of referencing something without having to formally spell out the particular person's name constantly. But to DICTATE that others SHALL use the pronouns when speaking to you is LITERALLY "ENTITLED". I think that if I had a right to have others respect my pronouns, I could demand that one use "your excellency" as a pronoun. It is a TITLE if one demands specific WAYS that others shall refer to them as and "entitled" is perfect to describe this arrogant expectation. 

So, if you agree, I PROPOSE creating equally justified words for use as your own 'pronouns' that may help demonstrate the absurdity as "your excellency"; But note that those complaining about CRT in most other places are NOT like Canada. We actually DO impose "CRT"-type abuses worthy of complaint. The right-wing use of complaining about it elsewhere is due to how those of us countries exploiting 'diversity' by segregating people based upon genetic identity as though our genes hide 'culture' IS a flaw regarless. They borrowed the original label, "CRT", as a very generalized reference to those who believe teachers should teach cultural ideas in school as per Americas First Amendment. But the use of it BY the Right in the U.S. is a counter assault against their OWN preference to teach 'cultural' material as science: namely and most popularly, the Creationists who are pissed off for not getting this taught as 'equal' science in the classroom.

That is, those 'Rightwingers' are not technically against a critical theory about race but to their own disappointment for not getting their own 'critical race theory' like Creationism, to be taught freely. Thus, the attack is more about the hypocrisy of those proposing teaching methods that they themselves are not permitted.

That and these "theories" ignore key historical pieces. They talk about "women" or "black people" not having voting rights but the reality is the MAJORITY didn't have voting rights as that was reserved specifically for property owners. Only a small fraction of society actually owned slaves but all white people somehow are blamed. It was black people who sold other black people into slavery. Pretty well every race has been subjected to slavery throughout history. 

They talk about a "disproportionate number of black people killed by cops" without actually acknowledging the crime rates AND given the number of encounters police have each day the rarity that a unarmed person is ever shot by police regardless of skin color.

This is then used for racist hiring policies such as affirmative action. 

Now should we learn from history and not treat each other like crap? Sure but I don't think the policies they promote do that. Just continue to categorize people by race, assign labels to them (oppressor v oppressed) and is destructive to society as a whole. 

1 hour ago, West said:

That and these "theories" ignore key historical pieces. They talk about "women" or "black people" not having voting rights but the reality is the MAJORITY didn't have voting rights as that was reserved specifically for property owners. Only a small fraction of society actually owned slaves but all white people somehow are blamed. It was black people who sold other black people into slavery. Pretty well every race has been subjected to slavery throughout history. 

They talk about a "disproportionate number of black people killed by cops" without actually acknowledging the crime rates AND given the number of encounters police have each day the rarity that a unarmed person is ever shot by police regardless of skin color.

Now should we learn from history and not treat each other like crap? Sure but I don't think the policies they promote do that. Just continue to categorize people by race, assign labels to them (oppressor v oppressed) and is destructive to society as a whole. 

"Affirmative action" was a term referring to the American's use of making TEMPORAL (non-Constitutional) laws. They are variable and their organizations defending them protect even those considered racist with fairness. An example of just such an action is the busing of people by random draw of people who live in one neighborhood to go to a school in another area. This is used to break the barriers that large communities of distinct ecomomic differences impose unfairly upon citizens. Another example is the laws that demand buses not to discriminate against others based upon race. It used to be true that blacks were required to move to the back of the bus and/or allow non-blacks the right to force blacks people to give up their seats for Whites in a similar way we now do (properly) for anyone with clear physical needs.

By contrast, our Canadian system ENTRENCHES the faulty beliefs Constitutionally because they are conserving the means to make laws based upon religious interpretation and to protect the French and English catholic power into perpetuity. So our biases are even more dangerous: they lock in 'affirmative FAVORITISM' of some specific minorities that they alone get to DEFINE non-democratically. That is, the Catholics and Anglicans are the arbitors of who GETS to be defined as a 'minority' or 'majority' and which are the perpetrators or victim classes. 

10 hours ago, West said:

What a hoot, a right wing explanation for the justification of book burning, better know as the opposition to CRT. I better play the rights game , yes not really burning books but just not letting them be on the shelves and taught to anyone. How ridiculous is this even . Maybe 10% of college students ever  have this come up in their class room, I have to add and no kindergarten kid ever was taught anything like this, The closest they got is maybe they were taught that black people existed. if it was in a all white community.

14 minutes ago, jbander1A said:

What a hoot, a right wing explanation for the justification of book burning, better know as the opposition to CRT. I better play the rights game , yes not really burning books but just not letting them be on the shelves and taught to anyone. How ridiculous is this even . Maybe 10% of college students ever  have this come up in their class room, I have to add and no kindergarten kid ever was taught anything like this, The closest they got is maybe they were taught that black people existed. if it was in a all white community.

Yes filth like CRT books is probably only good as a fire starter. Thanks for agreeing. 

They might use a different name for CRT. "Diversity training". "Women and Gender studies". Etc. Same stuff tho.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:40 PM, Michael Hardner said:

What if he is on to something Michael and you brushed him off like a lunatic, dismissing the whole idea becasue it does not fit in with your version or the version you choose to believe. 

The problem i have with CRT, is there are no laid out teaching lectures or  standards, a teacher could interrupt the program any way they want and form their own lesson plan, meaning thousands of different ideas are being taught.... Just like your one example of an expert did... but there are other opinions on CRT...

Now these journalist are from some very good media platforms, and they seem to have a different opinion about CRT and it's outcomes.

One would also have to ask why is there such an uproar down south about CRT, and yet nothing from Canada, perhaps becasue it is new...and are we going to face the same problems? 

he technical definition Bill 67 uses to supposedly define racism is:

“Racism” means the use of socially constructed ideas of race to justify or support, whether consciously or subconsciously, the notion that one race is superior to another.

The issue here is that Bill 67 also wants to support the idea of “racial equity” which, unlike equality, is about equal outcomes and not equal opportunities. The principle of racial equity undergirds discriminatory actions like Harvard University downgrading the SAT scores of Asian students and using subjective personality trait tests, in order to lower the number of Asian students accepted and increase the number of other groups. 

Ontario Introduces Critical Race Theory in Schools — The National Telegraph

BBC did a story about the US CRT versions which are similar to Canada's

Critical race theory: the concept dividing the US - BBC News

An article written by a black journalist about CRT in Canada. which is referred to in other stories. 

Critical Race Theory In Canadian Schools (slowtowrite.com)

Here is some of the outcomes of the Federals government anti racists training programs which has ties into CRT  

Only white people can be racist: Inside Global Affairs' anti-racism course materials | National Post

8 hours ago, West said:

Yes filth like CRT books is probably only good as a fire starter. Thanks for agreeing. 

They might use a different name for CRT. "Diversity training". "Women and Gender studies". Etc. Same stuff tho.

What a hoot , so your now going to claim that courses that have nothing to do with CRT are really CRT cases in disguise so that Kindergarten kids can be indoctrinate. The ultimate hoot is your trying to say the kindergarten recess is a tool of indoctrination. Try harder you look like a fool.

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

What if he is on to something Michael and you brushed him off like a lunatic, dismissing the whole idea becasue it does not fit in with your version or the version you choose to believe. 

The problem i have with CRT, is there are no laid out teaching lectures or  standards, a teacher could interrupt the program any way they want and form their own lesson plan, meaning thousands of different ideas are being taught.... Just like your one example of an expert did... but there are other opinions on CRT...

Now these journalist are from some very good media platforms, and they seem to have a different opinion about CRT and it's outcomes.

One would also have to ask why is there such an uproar down south about CRT, and yet nothing from Canada, perhaps becasue it is new...and are we going to face the same problems? 

Ontario Introduces Critical Race Theory in Schools — The National Telegraph

BBC did a story about the US CRT versions which are similar to Canada's

Critical race theory: the concept dividing the US - BBC News

An article written by a black journalist about CRT in Canada. which is referred to in other stories. 

Critical Race Theory In Canadian Schools (slowtowrite.com)

Here is some of the outcomes of the Federals government anti racists training programs which has ties into CRT  

Only white people can be racist: Inside Global Affairs' anti-racism course materials | National Post

Do you realize how ridiculous your made up scenarios are and the number of people that are saying this puppy is a wacko. Every teacher if unprofessional could do many things like force their religion on their class or force their White supremacist Ideas on the class or force their anti abortions ideas on their students , or promote xenophobia , chauvinism, hate and bigotry on their students and buddy those right wing driving issues are a hell of a lot more dangerous then teaching a class about racism. Do you realize how absolutely ridiculous you trivia comment is compared a a real threat.