Are those darn Russians using anti-vaxxers to spread disinformation?

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/russian-troll-farms-aiming-disinformation-war-at-canadian-anti-vaxxers-global-affairs-expert?fbclid=IwAR2ULl4gq9-ibANfxr5_UPnYpb2p7E5aTT-e2AZbHi8lCJl2eVs97KNLtBQ

"Experts say" that Russia is using distrust of western governments and "antivaxxers" to promote their Ukraine agenda. 

I always find these types of stories quite comical. Any time a person criticizes a Western politician, the narrative goes, they are conspiracy theorists who are being influenced by Vladamir. 

Could it also be that Western policies are crazy and that people don't want to spend trillions of dollars blowing people up in a foreign country? Do we need a "Russian troll farm" to help us draw our own conclusions about foreign or domestic policy? Is everything the doing of Vlad? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, West said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/russian-troll-farms-aiming-disinformation-war-at-canadian-anti-vaxxers-global-affairs-expert?fbclid=IwAR2ULl4gq9-ibANfxr5_UPnYpb2p7E5aTT-e2AZbHi8lCJl2eVs97KNLtBQ

"Experts say" that Russia is using distrust of western governments and "antivaxxers" to promote their Ukraine agenda. 

I always find these types of stories quite comical. Any time a person criticizes a Western politician, the narrative goes, they are conspiracy theorists who are being influenced by Vladamir. 

Could it also be that Western policies are crazy and that people don't want to spend trillions of dollars blowing people up in a foreign country? Do we need a "Russian troll farm" to help us draw our own conclusions about foreign or domestic policy? Is everything the doing of Vlad? 

Seems that way.

• Like 1

Putin's gonna do what Putin does.

Zelinsky too.

Is it any of my business? Hell no!

Personally...I could care less what those 2 jack-asses do. They deserve each other.

The media like to play this up and make people choose sides. I choose MY SIDE!

• Like 1

Seems to me the point of this story is to cast shade on the unvaccinated in Canada. You know, that cabal of misogynists and racists, many of whom are anti-science and taking up space.

Now they are brainwashed by Russian propaganda as well.

But hey, I guess if you’re a newspaper it’s one way to score some federal money! Laws, yes!

We are being played alright but the real question is by who.

Who is the man behind the curtain...

These troll farms have been known about for several years now - they provide misinformation for both sides, how helpful of them.  And why would an authoritarian foreign government want to undermine trust in democratic governments and the Western media?  Is it for shits & giggles, or is there an end game?

Edited by dialamah

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think some people may soon get their feelings hurt that it's believed they are being played by foreign governments.

I believe that, for sure.

No, the reason our democracy is in peril is that fundamentally our government doesn’t believe that people can or should think for themselves.  They proclaim views that oppose theirs “disinformation”.  Maybe they are; maybe they aren’t.  I do think we have good reasons to question our governments’ positions, and if you don’t think the people should have that right, that’s the end of democracy.

I love lines like this from the article: “‘That could be communities that already have a high level of distrust for the Canadian government (such as) having links with anti-vax communities,’ he said.”

It could be a lot of things.  This guy is promulgating his own disinformation in my opinion.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, the reason our democracy is in peril is that fundamentally our government doesn’t believe that people can or should think for themselves.  They proclaim views that oppose theirs “disinformation”.  Maybe they are; maybe they aren’t.  I do think we have good reasons to question our governments’ positions, and if you don’t think the people should have that right, that’s the end of democracy.

I love lines like this from the article: “‘That could be communities that already have a high level of distrust for the Canadian government (such as) having links with anti-vax communities,’ he said.”

It could be a lot of things.  This guy is promulgating his own disinformation in my opinion.  

These people are delusional. It's sort of like the CBC claiming the truckers worked for those darn Russians. 

It's really pathetic how many buy into the conspiracy theories about the Russians.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

We are being played alright but the real question is by who.

Who is the man behind the curtain...

Most of you need look no farther than your own bathroom mirror - a big chunk of society is in the grip of a pandemic of self-inflicted gas-lighting.

These forums are more gas than echo-chambers.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 2

While our media continues to divide Canadians, a full 11% of the Ukrainian population has left for other nations as "refugees". Now...if one just looks at a map of Ukraine, it becomes obvious that only about 5% of the nation is in a war zone. So why are over a tenth of their people leaving?

The lasting legacy of this war will be millions of Ukrainian "refugees" living off the teet of the surrounding nations. They will never go back.

Edited by Nationalist

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

These troll farms have been known about for several years now - they provide misinformation for both sides, how helpful of them.  And why would an authoritarian foreign government want to undermine trust in democratic governments and the Western media?  Is it for shits & giggles, or is there an end game?

Bullies hold themselves up by knocking others down.  So old school it's almost cliche.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

While our media continues to divide Canadians...

?

This is just your nonsensical obsession with the MSM's- in-control conspiracy talking. It's crippled rational thought amongst great swaths of conservatives and you're only dividing yourselves.

Go look in a mirror.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, eyeball said:

?

This is just your nonsensical obsession with the MSM's- in-control conspiracy talking. It's crippled rational thought amongst great swaths of conservatives and you're only dividing yourselves.

Go look in a mirror.

Go to hell.

I see your posts. You nothing but a lemming wandering off a cliff.

In the end you'll be saying...'But how could I have known this would happen?'

Go pet one of you Libbie traitors.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, West said:

What's funnier is how anytime a news story doesn't conform to your foolish worldviews, that's all fake news.  I'd say this is the pot calling the kettle black is an understatement. 

What's really funny and interesting about all this, however, is how quickly you mooks will rush to Vladimir's defense and how much time and energy you spend trying to justify his actions.  This isn't coincidental.  He's a smart man and understands that there are legions of ignorant and angry fools to tap in hostile nations.  Thankfully you're still a small minority, clueless as you are.  

42 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What's funnier is how anytime a news story doesn't conform to your foolish worldviews, that's all fake news.  I'd say this is the pot calling the kettle black is an understatement. 

What's really funny and interesting about all this, however, is how quickly you mooks will rush to Vladimir's defense and how much time and energy you spend trying to justify his actions.  This isn't coincidental.  He's a smart man and understands that there are legions of ignorant and angry fools to tap in hostile nations.  Thankfully you're still a small minority, clueless as you are.  

The obsession you nummies have with vladamir is bordering on pathetic. 

22 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Seems to me the point of this story is to cast shade on the unvaccinated in Canada.  

2. We are being played alright but the real question is by who.

3. Who is the man behind the curtain...

1. Antivax does not = unvaccinated
2. There are lots of articles about who funds troll farms.  It's not Bill Gates and Soros, the UN or the people that the conspiracy folks blame for all their woes.
3. Who funds troll farms ?  Lobby groups, foreign interest groups and many nations do.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Antivax does not = unvaccinated
2. It's not Bill Gates and Soros, the UN or the people that the conspiracy folks blame for all their woes.
3. Who funds troll farms ?  Lobby groups, foreign interest groups and many nations do.

1. Explain it to Mr. Truduea

2. If you say so. What a virtuous and trusting place this modern world is. Such honesty in billionaires.

There is no politics.

/s

3. I asked who is dividing us.

A. - Mr. Trudeua

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

Most of you need look no farther than your own bathroom mirror - a big chunk of society is in the grip of a pandemic of self-inflicted gas-lighting.

Those who put their faith in Mr. Trudeua are the most self inflicted. He's truly the least capable and has made a mess of Canada, not only the economy but the political sphere too.

It's one thing to stick to your party, but the guy is really terrible.

I mean come on.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, West said:

Russia is the photo-op de jour for Mr. Truduea.

That is why, now all things Russian are anathema. Doesn't matter whether the person supports the war or not.

You are Russian, you are a bastard. To be punished. Not for the outcome, but for the visibility of my virtue.

Impotent though it may be... ask the Ukraine.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Explain it to Mr. Truduea

2. If you say so. What a virtuous and trusting place this modern world is. Such honesty in billionaires.

3. I asked who is dividing us.

A. - Mr. Trudeua

1. Non-sequitur.  We don't actually need to bring him into every conversation.
2. Agreed.  In fact a lot of time it's billionaires funding the trolls.  Pretty sure you've heard of Soros and yet maybe not Robert Mercer
3. Him again...

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Russia is the photo-op de jour for Mr. Truduea.

That is why, now all things Russian are anathema. Doesn't matter whether the person supports the war or not.

You are Russian, you are a bastard. To be punished. Not for the outcome, but for the visibility of my virtue.

Impotent though it may be... ask the Ukraine.

This type of nonsense like in the article is likely to further the Liberal efforts to regulate the internet. The pattern seems to be create a fake crisis and use the fake crisis to further your political objectives. It's likely Freeland bringing American gutter politics to Canads. For your safety of course