Vote Poilievre and Charest

Charest vs Poilievre  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No. Poliwhatever "is also one of the richest politicians in Canada with a net worth of about $9 million. Poilievre made his money through politics and has grown his wealth since 2004 when he assumed office."

He will be the same. It is easy to be in opposition....just complain about everything. Just like on this forum LOL

That's pretty intriguing, and difficult to understand since we don't have PACs in Canada and political donations are limited. I'm a little dubious though, do you have a cite?

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's pretty intriguing, and difficult to understand since we don't have PACs in Canada and political donations are limited. I'm a little dubious though, do you have a cite?

Yup, my point.

Pretty interesting that an MP can accumulate $9 million on MP' pay.

https://susankatzkeating.com/pierre-poilievre-net-worth-age-height/

In fairness, there is also this one.

https://allfamousbirthday.com/pierre-poilievre/

And this one which is in line with the first one.

https://dailynewscatcher.com/pierre-poilievre/#Pierre_Poilievre_Net_Worth_and_Source_of_Income

Edited by ExFlyer

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, my point.

Pretty interesting that an MP can accumulate $9 million on MP' pay.

Okay, I will read this but I'm more than a little dubious. The man is literally done nothing in his life but being politics... And he's supposed to be a conservative so my faith is a little shaken if this is true. But I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Can’t think of anyone better right now.  

the best I can do for you is buy a Conservative party membership to vote for Polievre as leader

not that I have any faith in that

but I will do it, just for you

what the heck, it's only $15 for a one year membership

it's the least I can do for you

I don't want to crush your naive dreams, so I will play along

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the best I can do for you is buy a Conservative party membership to vote for Polievre as leader

not that I have any faith in that

but I will do it, just for you

what the heck, it's only $15 for a one year membership

it's the least I can do for you

I don't want to crush your naive dreams, so I will play along

Cool!  I’m volunteering for them.  I’ll see the candidates first weekend of May.  I’ll give you the lowdown afterwards.  

39 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why is making money a problem?  Ugh it’s such a horrible Scottish mentality that I grew up around.  Criticize success and make sure people are as miserable as you are.  This is North America dammit.  

Absolutely nothing.

It just puts into question how one can accumulate so much when only being a MP.

If a liberal MP became multi millionaire while in office, there would be a shit storm here but, it is OK for a conservative?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Cool!  I’m volunteering for them.  I’ll see the candidates first weekend of May.  I’ll give you the lowdown afterwards.  

very well then

no need for you to carry the burden of the vicious sectarian civil war that is to come, at least not yet

you just enjoy what is left of your civil society while you can

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Absolutely nothing.

It just puts into question how one can accumulate so much when only being a MP.

If a liberal MP became multi millionaire while in office, there would be a shit storm here but, it is OK for a conservative?

Whaat?   Many Liberals are multi-millionaires.  I agree that MP salaries are too high, but they’re one of the few employee groups that votes for their own salaries.  Gimme a break.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree on all points except to say that while I don’t think crypto is solid, Polievre is smart for wanting Canada to cash in on the transactions.  Make Canada the freest, most business friendly country in the world.

What's Poilivre's position on snow-washing, is he promising to launder more than Trudeau or will he try to eliminate the practice?

I wrote Poilivre and asked him directly but he hasn't replied.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

MPs make $185K.  Anybody really think you can save & invest from that to get to $9M in 18 years ?

Yes it’s possible.  Also what about spousal income?   What about inheritance?  9 million isn’t as much as it seems.  A very modest Toronto home is over a million.  

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Whaat?   Many Liberals are multi-millionaires.  I agree that MP salaries are too high, but they’re one of the few employee groups that votes for their own salaries.  Gimme a break.  

Point was he made his $9 Million while being an lowly MP. He never had a job elsewhere. He came in non millionaire, now lives in a luxurious house just outside of Ottawa and is a multi millionaire. On your taxpayer dollar.

Just bringing it up to show he is no better than any other "corrupt" politician.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes it’s possible.  Also what about spousal income?   What about inheritance?  9 million isn’t as much as it seems.  A very modest Toronto home is over a million.  

I don't see financial gain as being the principle arm of corruption in Canada

the corruption in Canada is all about the Laurentian Elites

the perks, privileges & prerogatives of being a Mandarin in the iron triangle of Toronto, Montreal & Ottawa

being chauffeured around in limousines, being treated as if they are important, above the working & middle classes

this is what the Canadian political class craves, status

furthermore, the elites in Canada are effectively above the law, unless they get caught red handed, open & shut case

• Like 1