Got a Warning

ExFlyer

• 1 month later...

Public Service Announcement 

Be aware, folks, that the lefties on this forum are being given much latitude in how the rules are applied to them.  Specifically, name calling and trolling.  Trumptards, trumpettes, idiots, stupid, and much more inventive ways of trolling.

By comparison, last January, I was disciplined for the following:

"It's simple. I was going to answer your question last night but then you became your usual idiotic self. You must learn how to deal with people in a more mature manner if you want results. I expect that nonsense from the village idiot, but not you."

I have contacted Hardner, but he has decided to ignore me.  Which obviously telegraphs his intent clearly enough.

Personally, I’m a big boy and don’t mind various verbal abuse that the left has resorted to.  It reveals their state of mind more than anything else.  I do prefer a level playing field.

So to conservatives, just be aware that the rules are not being applied fairly.  If you get abused, be sure not to respond in kind, or you may face a banning.  
And when we stay here posting, we win.  The wins will come soon enough.

31 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I have contacted Hardner, but he has decided to ignore me.  Which obviously telegraphs his intent clearly enough.

Personally, I’m a big boy and don’t mind various verbal abuse that the left has resorted to.  It reveals their state of mind more than anything else.  I do prefer a level playing field.

So to conservatives, just be aware that the rules are not being applied fairly.  If you get abused, be sure not to respond in kind, or you may face a banning.  
And when we stay here posting, we win.  The wins will come soon enough.

? Why contact me?

I have no messages from you in my inbox.

Did I post this?

My posts above were not an attempt to open a dialogue with you, Michael.  But I will respond to further inform others that I attempted to message you twice.  Apparently you don’t want to receive messages from posters for some reason.

So I sent a few messages through the report function, respectfully requesting a response to the insults I was pointing out.

Whether it’s Michael or Charles or somebody else applying the rules, the point is that they are not being applied evenly to the right and left.  I’m simply informing conservatives on this forum to beware as the dialogue seems to be headed for the lowest common denominator.

26 minutes ago, sharkman said:

1. Whether it’s Michael or Charles or somebody else applying the rules, the point is that they are not being applied evenly to the right and left.  

1. Ok please be aware that my moderation duties are limited.  Please message Charles.

If the offense came from me please link here.

My inbox may not be working for you.

21 hours ago, sharkman said:

Public Service Announcement 

Be aware, folks, that the lefties on this forum are being given much latitude in how the rules are applied to them.  Specifically, name calling and trolling.  Trumptards, trumpettes, idiots, stupid, and much more inventive ways of trolling.

"It's simple. I was going to answer your question last night but then you became your usual idiotic self. You must learn how to deal with people in a more mature manner if you want results. I expect that nonsense from the village idiot, but not you."

As  a relatively new member here, I have found that name calling and insulting and trolling is allowed and it seems, encouraged here.

Having said that, you trying to make it a leftie or righty thing may be off base. A person can be called whatever name you want to call them because what they said is deserving of that name, regardless if you think they are left or right on a political spectrum.

Now that you mention it, insults do seem to be allowed.  But I direct you to my quote above, which was relatively tame.  I posted that, and some other similar posts, Jan’21, and was given repeated warnings and points.  This is while I was being absolutely attacked by one of the other long time members around here, who went way over the line.
What I see around here now is like open season.  If they decided to change the rules(how many times have they done this since 2005?  Bush league) yet once again, I suppose it would be par for the course.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Now that you mention it, insults do seem to be allowed.  But I direct you to my quote above, which was relatively tame.  I posted that, and some other similar posts, Jan’21, and was given repeated warnings and points.  This is while I was being absolutely attacked by one of the other long time members around here, who went way over the line.
What I see around here now is like open season.  If they decided to change the rules(how many times have they done this since 2005?  Bush league) yet once again, I suppose it would be par for the course.

It's always been open season around here, imo.  And your contention that the moderation is biased either way is wrong; I've been attacked many times by right-wing posters, and nothing is done.   I've also been warned about posts I've made.

The rule as I understand is something like "Ignore the post, complain to the moderators, and we'll do something about it IF we agree and IF nobody has responded to/quoted the post you are complaining about". 

On 7/9/2022 at 10:01 AM, sharkman said:

dialamah, read the above again.  Surely you made your comment having not read my comment highlighted above.  Because as far as I know, people don’t get hassled for the mild content above these days.  I got disciplined for it in Jan ‘21.

Like I said, they probably just changed the application of the rules again, they’ve done that a few times since 2005.  I’d been gone for a while and hadn’t noticed...

Not to worry, sharkdude. There could be other factors at play. My guess, the boss won’t step in on such minor infractions unless somebody complains. My guess, if you were to data-mine the number of complaints versus political bent you would see a clear differentiation. Because the left depends on dear leader to intervene, while the right tends to address issues without the need for permission from nanny-state authority. I can’t prove it of course, only the admins could, but I will bet a doughnut.

So let the left bitch, moan and whine all they want. Let ‘em have a complete meltdown hissy fit. I love it. Just don’t ever offer up any leverage. Hit ‘em where it hurts, with superior intellect.   ;) 

Keep up the bad work...

18 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

you were to data-mine the number of complaints

Remember when the emoticons came in? The right moaned about how the left would gang up on the right and dislike all their posts.   Turned out the opposite, and I never saw a leftie complain about that.  Still, there was enough moaning that the "dislike" emoticons were removed.

I once data-mined over a two week period, and in that two weeks, the right offered more insults then the left by a slight margin.  I would assume in another two-week period it'd be the opposite.  However, if you take a look at just the forum topics, there's a lot more insults to the left than the right.

As for complaints, If say both the right and left complain - else the left would never complain that the forum moderation was biased right, which someone does from time to time.

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 2

Two weeks is not enough. I may have been away.

No, I do not remember there being a dislike icon. It troubles me that all we do not have one. All we can do is approve, never disapprove. Positive or nothing is like being in elementary school.

Therefore yes, this forum has a strong leftist bent...

;) 

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Two weeks is not enough. I may have been away.

No, I do not remember there being a dislike icon. It troubles me that all we do not have one. All we can do is approve, never disapprove. Positive or nothing is like being in elementary school.

Therefore yes, this forum has a strong leftist bent...

;) 

(eyeroll)  Quite Often, I think you are a troll.

• 3 months later...

Yesterday I received a warning about calling people names. Something I do, perhaps too much, and should probably watch my temper. However...Greg...

While I will honestly try to refrain from this, I am not going to delete insults levied at posters who take partial posts I've made and quote them completely out of context, in order to cast a false image of my point of view.

In an application where text and CONTEXT is everything, I have to admit, I'm surprised that sort of kaka is allowed in this site and that identifying those who engage in the alteration of a textual post as what they are...seems to be...ok.

Thus, I will try my best to refrain from using the names, so richly deserved, by a select few posters.

Yet I must wonder...Greg...if you find the warping of text and CONTEXT, a serious offence, on a site that depends on text and CONTEXT?

Edited by Nationalist

• Forum Admin
27 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yet I must wonder...Greg...if you find the warping of text and CONTEXT, a serious offence, on a site that depends on text and CONTEXT?

I don't read all the forum postings, and I never will.

It's not my job to police "context", nor do I think anyone should want me to. Judging context is a subjective call, and to have someone try to surmise everyone's statements for context would be unmanageable and require a level of censorship I would never consider. 

If someone takes something you said out of context, then call them on it. I also think you're perfectly capable of mounting a defense of what you said without resorting to petty insults.

If they continue to misquote you, then place them on ignore or take the high road.

25 minutes ago, Greg said:

I don't read all the forum postings, and I never will.

It's not my job to police "context", nor do I think anyone should want me to. Judging context is a subjective call, and to have someone try to surmise everyone's statements for context would be unmanageable and require a level of censorship I would never consider. 

If someone takes something you said out of context, then call them on it. I also think you're perfectly capable of mounting a defense of what you said without resorting to petty insults.

If they continue to misquote you, then place them on ignore or take the high road.

I don't "ignore" people. I find the practice cowardly.

You won't or don't care about the abuse of people's text...in a text-based application? Fine.

As I said, I will refrain from calling people mean names.

• Forum Admin
6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You won't or don't care about the abuse of people's text...in a text-based application? Fine.

So you'd like me to censor you whenever I feel you've taken someone's statements out of context?

I can do that, but I doubt you'll like the result.

12 minutes ago, Greg said:

So you'd like me to censor you whenever I feel you've taken someone's statements out of context?

I can do that, but I doubt you'll like the result.

I do not alter people's statements so they mean something else.

Greg, if you want to target me...go ahead.

But I'll expect you to target those who engage in this BS as well.

• Forum Admin
6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Greg, if you want to target me...go ahead.

I'm not going to target anyone, my statement was rhetorical.

Just cut out the insults and police your own statements. It's as simple as that.