Got a Warning

ExFlyer

I am quite new here.

I just got a warning informing me to use the quote function to ensure it was not me that wrote the post.

I was unaware of the quote function. I did use the authors name and photo in the cut and paste or the article.

I tried to edit the post to use the quote fiction to comply with the warning but could not figure out how. Can someone provide assistance to be able to do that?

Yes, I did read the New Members Please Read. Saw the quote statement but did not understand. . Also saw the rules against Personal Attack and Insults paragraphs.

36 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I am quite new here.

I just got a warning informing me to use the quote function to ensure it was not me that wrote the post.

I was unaware of the quote function. I did use the authors name and photo in the cut and paste or the article.

I tried to edit the post to use the quote fiction to comply with the warning but could not figure out how. Can someone provide assistance to be able to do that?

Yes, I did read the New Members Please Read. Saw the quote statement but did not understand. . Also saw the rules against Personal Attack and Insults paragraphs.

From top left, the first 4 icons are for character effects, then there's a hyperlink icon, where you can paste links to awesome websites and then the " icon is the quote function. 

Just do this... 

Here's some really important info from a brilliant talk show host: https://www.foxnews.com/shows/tucker-carlson-tonight

Then talk about how enlightened you feel after reading the article. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Do not worry about editing your previous posts.  Can you find the Quote button at the bottom of each post?  There should be a "+" sign in bold to its left. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Just do this...

Please, no. Stop clowning around.

12 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

Do not worry about editing your previous posts.  Can you find the Quote button at the bottom of each post?  There should be a "+" sign in bold to its left. 

Please, no. Stop clowning around.

Why was this post moved to Federal Politics from Support and Questions?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, ExFlyer said:

I am quite new here.

I've been told repeatedly that the warnings are meaningless, and can not be used against you in the future....by Charles himself...it is him using his god like status to tell you he does not like your behavior...nobody can see them except you, and off course the mods...

kind of like someone wagging a finger at you...nothing that will get you banned...

Most people have a collection of them... don't put to much thought into it, you'd almost have to kill someone in order to get a temporary ban , just look at some of the wingnuts on here "Crazy is the new orange" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:42 AM, Army Guy said:

1...nobody can see them except you, and off course the mods...

2... don't put to much thought into it, you'd almost have to kill someone in order to get a temporary ban .......

1.    But now all of us know about it.

2.   I disagree - you have to take it very seriously ; apologize profusely; spend a week to reconsider your strategies before posting again.

....just kidding.?

• Forum Admin

Personally, I'd rather give someone that benefit of the doubt (a private warning to calm down and relax), than kick them to the curb (i.e. ban them) and never hear from them again...

But that's just me, the guy that's been running this political forum successfully for the past 22 years.

Cheers!

Amen. It is that simple. That is how I would want to be moderated as a member of any discussion forum. 

On 4/7/2022 at 10:48 PM, cougar said:

1.    But now all of us know about it.

A good honest sense of humor goes a long way. 

As long as an intent to follow the forum rules and contribute to discussion is evident, then we will leave you alone.  However, if an intent to disrupt the forums becomes apparent, then we will ban. 

I am a reader too.  I thirst for reading different opinions.  Please do not make us censor you.  I enjoy reading you all.  Although, I rarely encounter anything with which I agree philosophically, but you all have interesting opinions, thoughts and experiences to share. 

---

Most of you are very good writers.  Independent of any substance to your shared thoughts, as language artists, you guys should all be proud of yourselves for the efforts you make. 

2 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

......... I rarely encounter anything with which I agree philosophically, but .......

now this triggered my curiousity

Anthony, what is your take on money and the values in life?

I started a thread under business and economy but not many responded.

Do you think a day will come where gold and diamonds will be worth nothing?

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There used to be a rule that moderators shouldn't post right ?

I think that's a good rule.

It makes sense.  Case in point. 

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Anthony, what is your take on money and the values in life? 

I am sorry but that is too complicated for my cave-man brain.  Everything is money to me and I still can not figure out how the serpent lied to Eve in the garden of Eden, allegedly.   

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Do you think a day will come where gold and diamonds will be worth nothing?

I do not care.  The 1st time I ever bought "gold and diamonds" was my last. 

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

There used to be a rule that moderators shouldn't post right ?

I think that's a good rule.

And what exactly is the difference between you and Anthony when it comes to moderating abilities?

On my end, what I can see is I can not give Anthony a like, but I can give you a like.

But then I have no reason to give you a like.

5 hours ago, cougar said:

1. And what exactly is the difference between you and Anthony when it comes to moderating abilities?

2. On my end, what I can see is I can not give Anthony a like, but I can give you a like.

3. But then I have no reason to give you a like.

1. Like... the difference between a parking ticket giver and the head of the RCMP
2. Please do
3. Because you lack taste and wisdom ?  Why else ?

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. Because you lack taste and wisdom ?  Why else ?

With this type of thinking I do not see you being promoted to the head of RCMP ever.?

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Admin
On 4/16/2022 at 1:54 AM, cougar said:

And what exactly is the difference between you and Anthony when it comes to moderating abilities?

Just for clarity, Micheal is a spam cop. His only official role is the help remove any spam postings/posters.

Charles is a moderator, and as everyone probably already knows, is responsible for day-to-day moderation of the forums.

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

Just for clarity, Micheal is a spam cop. His only official role is the help remove any spam postings/posters.

Charles is a moderator, and as everyone probably already knows, is responsible for day-to-day moderation of the forums.

I already said - it's the difference between a parking ticket giver and the head of the RCMP.

Spam Cop has less prestige than parking ticket jockey.

Prestige? LOL  I do not even know what those guys do anymore.  If anybody can tell me, I am all ears.  The last few who spoke to me seemed very confused but clearly more pissed off at having to get out of their cars than they were interested in upholding any semblance of rules. 

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I already said - it's the difference between a parking ticket giver and the head of the RCMP. 

LOL   I take that as an insult. 

On 4/16/2022 at 1:54 AM, cougar said:

All joking aside, I believe you all deserve to know what my abilities comprise.   Namely, I can:  

delete your post ;

change/edit your post  (rarely done; usually only under request by the original poster or extreme circumstances)

suspend your ability to post/participate in the forum. 

Please keep in mind:  I would rather read what you have to write than to censor you.  Do not give us any reason to censor you.

If you do your best to follow the forum rules and guidelines, we will leave you alone.  We do not hold grudges.  If you receive a warning, do your best to avoid disrupting the forums.  If you believe somebody else is violating the forum rules, report it and ignore it.  Do not respond in kind. 

8 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

Prestige? LOL  I do not even know what those guys do anymore.  If anybody can tell me, I am all ears.  The last few who spoke to me seemed very confused but clearly more pissed off at having to get out of their cars than they were interested in upholding any semblance of rules. 

LOL   I take that as an insult. 

All joking aside, I believe you all deserve to know what my abilities comprise.   Namely, I can:  

delete your post ;

change/edit your post  (rarely done; usually only under request by the original poster or extreme circumstances)

suspend your ability to post/participate in the forum. 

Please keep in mind:  I would rather read what you have to write than to censor you.  Do not give us any reason to censor you.

If you do your best to follow the forum rules and guidelines, we will leave you alone.  We do not hold grudges.  If you receive a warning, do your best to avoid disrupting the forums.  If you believe somebody else is violating the forum rules, report it and ignore it.  Do not respond in kind. 

Charles, you are a punkass Nazi little bitch. You and your little bitch ass warning about the size of quotes and too many links. Go fuck yourself you speech suppressing punk.