Turning my back on Tim Hortons

cougar

Double-double....double double......triple-triple.......bagle with cream cheese please......    farmers wrap with potato wedgies .....double double again!

I've been going around the drive thrU, waiting in the long line ups of pickups in front, breathing their exhaust fumes, getting service from people from another world and finally getting slowly poisoned by the drinks and food.   

Why doing it?

I am no hockey fan

I do not hold any buy-Canadian values, as nearly nothing is made in Canada or served by people born in Canada

I drink my XL DD  at lunchtime and then I cannot fall asleep at midnight, 12 hours later!

And every time I drive around I shed $12 or more.

What's the point, especially when TH is as close as home.  So I stopped going there completely, just like that.  Since January I have bought just 1 coffee, only to remind myself why I should not go back there ever again.

But while I am at it, I stopped going to A&W and other similar places too.

I just don't meet people I like, don't like the food, or how little it is and how much I pay.   I am done with all of them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cougar said:

Double-double....double double......triple-triple.......bagle with cream cheese please......    farmers wrap with potato wedgies .....double double again!

I've been going around the drive thrU, waiting in the long line ups of pickups in front, breathing their exhaust fumes, getting service from people from another world and finally getting slowly poisoned by the drinks and food.   

Why doing it?

I am no hockey fan

I do not hold any buy-Canadian values, as nearly nothing is made in Canada or served by people born in Canada

I drink my XL DD  at lunchtime and then I cannot fall asleep at midnight, 12 hours later!

And every time I drive around I shed $12 or more.

What's the point, especially when TH is as close as home.  So I stopped going there completely, just like that.  Since January I have bought just 1 coffee, only to remind myself why I should not go back there ever again.

But while I am at it, I stopped going to A&W and other similar places too.

I just don't meet people I like, don't like the food, or how little it is and how much I pay.   I am done with all of them.

$12? WTF are you buying? 

Some pretty racist crap wedged into this screed. 

Tim Hortons is popular because it's cheaper than McDonalds and they're everywhere. 

Want Cheaper coffee, go to a Circle K. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boges said:

1.     $12? WTF are you buying? 

2.    Some pretty racist crap wedged into this screed. 

1.   lunch - wrap plus coffee

2.   Yes, and I don't care.  The multicultural BS will not change how I feel !

18 minutes ago, Boges said:

At least you're owning it. 

Hand up...waving wildly, "Me too! Me too! Multi-culturalism and the fools who push it suck. Integration is the way to go."

There is one thing I disagree with the OP on though. I like A&W coffee. I'm even willing to buy it off the poor sad little Multi-cult girls the Trudeau regime ships in from Asia to rob our born in Canada, teenage girls of a starting job for their resumes.

But don't they teach manners in those multi-cult countries? Our born in Canada girls are much more polite. Go our girls.

Wait, pretend I didn't say that last bit out loud. I don't want the government's banking fascists blocking off my bank account.

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

There is one thing I disagree with the OP on though. I like A&W coffee. I'm even willing to buy it off the poor sad little Multi-cult girls the Trudeau regime ships in from Asia to rob our born in Canada, teenage girls of a starting job for their resumes.

There are plenty of low-skill fast food jobs to go around. 

Lots of them are being taken by older people.

Wonder if these Ukrainian girls coming in will do better with the English. Hope So.

Hey...zipping into the weeds for a bit, but you know those phone scammers that call you with heavy accents and tell you their names are Joe or Sally? (Hoping to rob elderly Canadians of their life savings.) Most of them appear to be from New Delhi in India. That's where the scammer call centers appear to be centered.

Why did they bother learning to speak English, I always wonder. I suspect these are the next wave of multi-cults hoping to take advantage of Justin's infamous invitation.

13 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Maybe...would be nice if they integrated the ones who take my order a little better. Could they not at least teach them to speak English a little better and not treat me like I'm the one with the problem when I don't understand them?

First World Problems. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boges said:

$12? WTF are you buying? 

Some pretty racist crap wedged into this screed. 

Tim Hortons is popular because it's cheaper than McDonalds and they're everywhere. 

Want Cheaper coffee, go to a Circle K. 

Their service sucks. Out of biscuits or wedges or donuts all the time.  But they ARE cheap and I love the fact they have biscuits.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

What year did it change?  And what was different in the “integration” years?

Hard to put a number to it.

For me everything started to turn to crap about the time the thing I call "They" had Al Gore go out into the world and Preach on how nice weather was going to end the world. 

What was that? About 2007.

On the other hand my dad used to say you could trace everything that went wrong with Canada back to Trudeau. He meant Pierre. He wasn't around for Justin or I imagine he would have added that to the list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Hard to put a number to it.

For me everything started to turn to crap about the time the thing I call "They" had Al Gore go out into the world and Preach on how nice weather was going to end the world. 

What was that? About 2007.

On the other hand my dad used to say you could trace everything that went wrong with Canada back to Trudeau. He meant Pierre. He wasn't around for Justin or I imagine he would have added that to the list.

You didn’t answer the more important question….

What was different in the “integration” years versus now?

10 hours ago, Boges said:

That should cost no more than $9, with a Combo donut or potato wedges. 

At least you're owning it. 

It is close to $13 in my neck of the woods as a combo with the wedges.

I think I've said it a few times already, this multicultural integration thing might work when you have one immigrant in a group of 100 "old stock Canadians", to use Harper's term.

At TH, it is 100% immigrants from one particular country, all talking among themselves in their language.

Do I want to see that?  No.  Do I want to support the building of the next TH that will be staffed with the same people?  No. Do I want to support TH at all as a Canadian, International or a X-country business?  No.

But those "minority" communities have grown so large, that they can now create their independent economies and survive even when none of the Old-Stocks support them.

4 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You didn’t answer the more important question….

What was different in the “integration” years versus now?

You mean like back in the days before Prime Minister Blackface told us there's no such thing as a Canadian identity?

Back when you were allowed to believe there was something to integrate into.

Edited by Infidel Dog

9 hours ago, cougar said:

But those "minority" communities have grown so large, that they can now create their independent economies and survive even when none of the Old-Stocks support them.

I suppose the "Old Stock" need to have babies. Because immigration is an excellent way to grow the population and economy without consideration of your discomfort with being given a coffee by a brown person. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Faramir said:

Their service sucks. Out of biscuits or wedges or donuts all the time.  But they ARE cheap and I love the fact they have biscuits.

I had my Breakfast at McD's this morning. Objectively everything is better with a McD's breakfast. More expensive though. 

3 hours ago, Boges said:

I had my Breakfast at McD's this morning. Objectively everything is better with a McD's breakfast. More expensive though. 

Except Canadian McDonalds doesn't serve biscuits!  Love biscuits more than than english muffins.  But yes McDonalds is atrociously expensive - considering the crap that is served.