'DICTATORSHIP OF THE WORST KIND': European MPs blast Trudeau for COVID 'rights violation'

Infidel Dog

The Toronto Sun seems to be the only MSM outlet interested in this story but it's blasted all over the independent right wing media of Canada and the US.

"

It seems Prime Minister Justin Trudeau isn’t welcome by some members of the European Parliament.

During a plenary session of parliament Wednesday in Brussels, several MEPs called Trudeau out, accusing him of violating human rights over the handling of the Freedom Convoy protest in Ottawa last month.

In one speech that has gone viral online, MEP Mislav Kolakusic of Croatia criticized Canada’s leader, stating, “There are those among us who trample on those fundamental values,” a reference to some protesters’ controversial encounter with police horses near Parliament Hill.

“For many of us are fundamental human rights for which millions of citizens of Europe and the world have laid down their lives,” Kolakusic said in front of Trudeau, who had addressed parliament.

“To defend our rights and the rights of our children, which we have acquired over the centuries, many of us, including myself, are willing to risk, our freedom and our own lives.”

Kolakusic said Canada was once a symbol of the modern world but in recent months has become a “symbol of civil rights violation” under Trudeau’s “quasi-liberal boot.”

“We watched how you trample women with horses, how you block bank accounts of single parents so they can’t even pay their children’s education and medicine, that they can’t pay utilities, mortgages for their homes,” said Kolakusic. “To you, these may be liberal methods, for many citizens of the world, it is a dictatorship of the worst kind.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

If someone who I never heard about or anyone knew about criticized somebody I didn't like, I wonder if I would come on here and post it ?

Anything that helps Canadians hear more about Justin's "just watch me" moment sounds good to me. Put another nail in his political coffin.

It is only by the tone in the media that the electorate subconsciously perceives they need to vote in someone else. Never by direct rational argument.

For those having trouble figuring out how to click the links I'll do you a favour and post the juicy bits:

"

“Justin Trudeau cannot come to lecture Putin on democracy in the European Parliament when he walks with hobnail boots over the fundamental rights of the Canadians,” Cristian Terhes — a Romanian MEP for the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) group — told Breitbart London.

“People are made now to choose between the Russian imperialist tyranny, promoted by Putin, and the Neo-Marxist tyranny promoted hypocritical leaders such as Trudeau, in which people are deprived of their rights and freedoms and become objects of the state,” he continued.

“We must reject both such tyrannical options, and fight for the same conservative values that brought peace through prosperity in Europe: national sovereignty, individual freedom, and respect for human rights,” Terhes concluded.

Other MEPs spoke just as harshly against the Canadian leader, with Christine Anderson taking aim at the political leader’s past praise for China’s “basic dictatorship”.

“[I]t would have been more appropriate for Mr Trudeau — Prime Minister of Canada — to address this house according to article 144,” the Alternative for Germany (AfD) politician began. “An article which was specifically designed to debate violations of human rights, democracy, and the rule of law, which is clearly the case with Mr Trudeau.”

“Then again, a Prime Minister who openly admires the Chinese ‘basic dictatorship’, who tramples on fundamental rights by persecuting and criminalising his own citizens as terrorists, just because they dared to stand up to his perverted concept of democracy, should not be allowed to speak in this house at all,” she continued.

“Mr Trudeau, you are a disgrace for any democracy,” Anderson concluded. “Please spare us your presence.”

Yet another MEP, Mislav Kolakusic from Croatia, also had some choice words for Justin Trudeau regarding his recent actions.

“Canada, once a symbol of the modern world, has become a symbol of civil rights violations under your quasi-liberal boot in recent months,” the Croatian MEP said.

“We watched how you trample women with horses, how you block the bank account accounts of single parents so that they can’t even pay their children’s education and medicine,” he continued. “That they can’t pay utilities [or] mortgages for their homes.”

“To you, these may be liberal methods,” Kolakusic said. “For many citizens of the world, it is a dictatorship of the worst kind.”

The criticisms levelled by MEPs against the Canadian prime minister are in no way new, with many worldwide having railed against Trudeau for his draconian actions against the Freedom Convoy trucker movement.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/03/24/you-are-a-disgrace-european-meps-slam-neo-marxist-trudeau-over-freedom-convoy-crackdown/
  •  

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It is only by the tone in the media that the electorate subconsciously perceives they need to vote in someone else. Never by direct rational argument.

If not for the media circus business, I would not expect any rational Canadian to develop the perception that "they need to vote" at all.  Maybe I am getting too old but I stopped over-thinking any "need to vote" long ago. 

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

“[I]t would have been more appropriate for Mr Trudeau — Prime Minister of Canada — to address this house according to article 144,” the Alternative for Germany (AfD) politician began. “An article which was specifically designed to debate violations of human rights, democracy, and the rule of law, which is clearly the case with Mr Trudeau.”

The alternative for Germany??  Interesting.  My cave-man brain wonders if article 144 for India just happens to be a great big coincidinxe? 

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Anything that helps Canadians hear more about Justin's "just watch me" moment sounds good to me. Put another nail in his political coffin.

2. It is only by the tone in the media that the electorate subconsciously perceives they need to vote in someone else. Never by direct rational argument.

1. This is preaching to the converted.

2. I don't think that this idea is provable.

FFS anyone who read past the headline would discover only TWO European MPs said this shit, not the European Parliament.

And every single "MSM" carried the story contrary to the usual lie that they didn't.

More Canadians are pissed at Trudeau for taking so long to act on these Convoy thugs & morons than for any other reason.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

FFS anyone who read past the headline would discover only TWO European MPs said this shit, not the European Parliament.

I counted 3 and that's the one's we know of. And remember the sanctimonious hypocrite  had flown over there to preach at them on the holiness of democracy. 

Now as to this:

And every single "MSM" carried the story contrary to the usual lie that they didn't.

Actually the lie is that they covered it before the story took off without them and people started noticing - out loud. I did a search before I posted the story. I could only find the one mainstream story from the Toronto Sun.

I just did another one to see what you're talking about.

This one from Justin's stenographers and apologists at the CBC was posted 15 minutes ago and is mostly "nothing to see here folks."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/european-members-parliament-attact-trudeau-1.6397579

But play a round of "What if Trump did it?" with me. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

3 hours ago, herbie said:

More Canadians are pissed at Trudeau for taking so long to act on these Convoy thugs & morons than for any other reason.

Pretty sure it was four. But hey. Good to hear some public condemnation on the world stage.

Shades of things to come, for Mr. Trudeua

On 3/25/2022 at 6:55 PM, herbie said:

Try taking a look at what the global media are saying try Australia, or India, thats as far as i got, all good stuff, and it is being broadcast to millions...or billions if all India is watching...anyways, this is how they see our PM, the Man with socks for all seasons, a guy that is not much of a dictator either, way to much for our guy...i mean responsibility, it would take to much effort... but hey it is the guy Canada voted for as PM not once but 3 times.... he is our man...

Well its a lie that the MSM didn’t cover the ridiculously exaggerated claims of these 3 obscure MEPs.

But that’s just standard operating procedure for Rebel and the far right propaganda outlets   The weather section says “The mainstream media won’t tell you It’s 3 degrees and sunny”.  The sports section says “the legacy media doesn’t want you to know the Leads play the Canucks at 7pm Eastern” ?

You know what's funny about all those MSM headlines that all of a sudden turned up on the story a couple of days after the one in the Toronto Sun?

They all have "Updates" listed.

I searched before posting the story using the key words "Trudeau speaks EU". There was only one story on the pushback from some EU members. 

But the independent and right wing media was full of that story. In many of those stories they questioned why the MSM wasn't covering it. If the main post wasn't the comments were.

Then in the last couple of days all of a sudden all these MSM "Updated" stories popped up on my search engine with "Updated" stories telling me how not everybody in the EU was loving PM Castro Jr.

5 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

You know what's funny about all those MSM headlines that all of a sudden turned up on the story a couple of days after the one in the Toronto Sun?

They all have "Updates" listed.

I searched before posting the story using the key words "Trudeau speaks EU". There was only one story on the pushback from some EU members. 

But the independent and right wing media was full of that story. In many of those stories they questioned why the MSM wasn't covering it. If the main post wasn't the comments were.

Then in the last couple of days all of a sudden all these MSM "Updated" stories popped up on my search engine with "Updated" stories telling me how not everybody in the EU was loving PM Castro Jr.

As I said on the other thread, all these MSM stories have the same March 24 date as the Sun and the Rebel stories appear to be March 26. So you’re full of it. 

Also 3 extreme right kooks out of 705 MEPs is not newsworthy. Especially since JT received a standing ovation and the public gallery was packed.  The right wing media is the one leaving facts out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

As I said on the other thread, all these MSM stories have the same March 24 date as the Sun and the Rebel stories appear to be March 26. So you’re full of it. 

And as I told you you're wrong about Rebel. Click the little YouTube link below to see the date. Live streamed March 24.

So maybe you're not exactly "full of it." You're just wrong again.

You're choosing to believe a lie if you don't know those "updates" on the MSM stories were weasel editors desperately trying to cover their asses on the story they tried to bury on March 24 but too many independent outlets caught them. They had to deal with a story that was going viral in spite of their best efforts so it was, "Quick Robin to the "Update" mobile."

Actually, I think the National Post may have posted the story shortly after I did my search but the others were either updates or late comers in the following days. The CBC, for example, didn't post the story about their boss not being universally loved by the EU until yesterday. I think it was yesterday. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

10 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

And I suggest that sort of thing happens many more times than the Progressive Reset brain-trained of the internet realize or would admit if they did.

Like a bunch of frenemies who eventually make their way into the washroom at the club so that they can all get their stories straight when they walk back out onto the floor.

12 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

And as I told you you're wrong about Rebel. Click the little YouTube link below to see the date. Live streamed March 24.

So maybe you're not exactly "full of it." You're just wrong again.

You're choosing to believe a lie if you don't know those "updates" on the MSM stories were weasel editors desperately trying to cover their asses on the story they tried to bury on March 24 but too many independent outlets caught them. They had to deal with a story that was going viral in spite of their best efforts so it was, "Quick Robin to the "Update" mobile."

You’re so predictable. I deliberately  Rebel “appeared” to be March 26 because they did like like 800 stories on this non-story and I wasn’t checking all of them.

And you conveniently didn’t respond to my point that its the right-wing media hiding truth by not mentioning his standing ovation and trying to make it seem like the entire EU condemned Trudeau instead of just these 2 fringe extremists  

So now you’re saying WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE AS USUAL that on March 24 the story titled  “European MPs blast PM Trudeau for handling of Freedom Convoy after Brussels speech” didn’t mention these 3 obscure MEPs and then they penciled that in later. That would be par for the course with all the shit you make up whenever you lose. 

Here’s proof courtesy of a little tool called the WAYBACK MACHINE that lets you see the original version of a webpage 

https://web.archive.org/web/20220324231441/https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2022/3/24/1_5833652.html

Please learn something for a change and note the dates:

European MPs blast PM Trudeau for handling of Freedom Convoy after Brussels speech 

Published March 24, 2022 6:41 p.m. ET
Updated March 24, 2022 6:52 p.m. ET

Here’s another (note the date is 17 minutes prior to the archive timestamp of 23:46 on March 24)

Trudeau criticized in European Parliament over response to Ottawa convoy protests: ‘You are a disgrace for any democracy’

SAMANTHA EDWARDS

PUBLISHED 17 MINUTES AGO

https://web.archive.org/web/20220324234648/https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-trudeau-european-parliament-criticism-speeches/

And here are some that were still have March 24 without later updates 

European MPs denounce Trudeau's handling of convoy protest after surreal speech in Brussels 

A video of both speeches have garnered over a million views each on Twitter as of Thursday afternoon 

Author of the article:
National Post Staff
Publishing date:

Mar 24, 2022  • Last Updated 3 days ago  

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/european-mps-denounce-trudeaus-handling-of-convoy-protest-in-surreal-speech/wcm/36a894e2-b23f-4acb-b818-340d7dea13af/amp/

Trudeau gets an earful

Colin Dacre - Mar 24, 2022 / 10:14 am 

In summary, making up shit and ignoring inconvenient truths: its the @Infidel Dogway and busting you on it is how I keep pwning you again and again ?

On 3/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, Michael Hardner said:

If someone who I never heard about or anyone knew about criticized somebody I didn't like, I wonder if I would come on here and post it ?

This reminds me of a post I saw on an internet forum where some random poster that no one knows was trying to make the point that EU parliamentarians didn't have enough name recognition to draw attention to Justin Trudeau's hate speech and human rights violations. 

Just think about the irony of that for a second. 

Here's a link to the thread. It's the 4th post down. 

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

I deliberately  Rebel “appeared” to be March 26

I want to put this into google translate so that I can figure out what it was that you were trying to lie about. Can you tell me what language it's in?

this non-story 

Is it really a non-story when European parliamentarians are calling out a Canadian PM for his fascist ways?

When people like Bill Maher are comparing Trudeau to Hitler and EU politicians are comparing him to Caucescu is that no big deal to you?

When peaceful Canadian protesters surrender peacefully, on their knees, and then they get held down and beaten by cops but our national broadcaster doesn't show it, is that no big deal to you?

When the majority of EU parliamentarians leave before our PM speaks you think that's a non-story? Even Global news admitted to it:

More people at the EU listened to some MEP named Christine Anderson, a person who @Michael Hardner never even heard of before, than listened to our PM. This is a non-story to you? You're a disgrace to this country. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

1. Is it really a non-story when European parliamentarians are calling out a Canadian PM for his fascist ways?

2. When people like Bill Maher are comparing Trudeau to Hitler and EU politicians are comparing him to Caucescu is that no big deal to you?

3. More people at the EU listened to some MEP named Christine Anderson, a person who @Michael Hardner never even heard of before, than listened to our PM. This is a non-story to you? You're a disgrace to this country. 

1. Yes, possibly.  Depends on the credibility of the person making the accusation.  Randy Hillier makes a lot of charges too.   Brian Peckford.  And Paul Hellyer.  Lots of folks.  What people usually do is ask "WHAT is the claim ?" and "WHO is making the claim ?" and "WHY are they making it ?"  The answers to such things differ but of course it's important.

What most rational people DON'T do is say "SOMEONE IS SAYING SOMETHING I AGREE WITH THEREFORE THEY ARE CREDIBLE AND IMPORTANT".  Don't do that.

2. That's notable for sure.  I have heard of him before and he's a kind of liberal too.

3. Why the insult ?  I don't think you're a disgrace as much as you (and really your TYPE) are a disappointment and a drag on our quality of discussion.  We keep having to stop the discussion to explain to this type of poster how things work.  The response is almost never "thanks for explaining that", but a doubling-down so that they can WIN the "argument" rather than just talk like human beings.  

My patience is thin.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge