The NDP/Liberal Dictatorship

10 minutes ago, Nexii said:

You can be for pharmacare and dental and against Singh and Trudeau. In other words don't equate left with the recent authoritarian slide.

Sure you can, but people on the right tend to ask questions instead of jumping all in with out knowing things like cost , how many Canadians will benefit or how many require both these programs.

It is like the day care program, only those that have a mean income of 36k, or less are eligible, and it only creates a couple thousands new slots per province, is it worth the 9 bil price tag to get it up and running , plus 3 bil a year to keep going...it sounds good on paper, but it does not cover most Canadians....

Most Canadians already have medical and dental coverage through jobs, provincial coverage, insurance etc...low income families are covered in most provinces... so who is this really for...

Why not use that funding for boosting our health care at the provincial level...why are the feds stepping on the provincial toes here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Well Skippy tell us what has you so proud these days, is it Justins reception at the EU parliament, or him walking around telling everyone to step up while his own nation gave peanuts...is it his indecision to commit to 2 % GDP for NATO, or his handling of getting Afghanistan interrupters out of Afghanistan, and now he is doing the same for Ukrainians, or so we think...maybe it's the cost of fuel, and everything else, or how a good portion of Canadians being outprices from the housing market.... maybe it is how we treat our vets, or scoff at our military... please tell us what your so proud of... 

Justin is actually more center  then left in my opinion which is why i trend towards the NDP in most of there programs like dental and pharamacare  .. PP talking about buying less foreign oil and  getting a eastern pipeline  is all great if it would happen but  goodluck ever getting one thru quebec not gonnahappen no matter  "how hard he trys".

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Most Canadians already have medical and dental coverage through jobs, provincial coverage, insurance etc...low income families are covered in most provinces... so who is this really for...

Not all Canadians are covered through their jobs. A former colleague of mine, newly arrived from the UK’s NHS, prescribed fertility medication to a patient and was later confronted by her husband demanding to know who was going to pay for such an expensive drug. He had no idea that some patients have to pay for themselves here. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

What the Libs and NDP are doing is perfectly acceptable in a parliamentary  democracy. In fact, most countries like ours are more relaxed about coalitions than we are, often between parties with far less in common. Regarding JT losing the popular vote, Mr. Harper seemed quite happy with our antiquated FPTP system while in office. I’d prefer a tighter grip on the budget but the people have spoken, have chosen a left-wing parliament and that is that. 

• Like 3

The people didn’t choose an NDP government.  The Conservatives got more votes than the Liberals who have swung further left to keep power by getting NDP support on all confidence votes.

Canada is a left wing dictatorship because we have a government imposing policies on the population without the consent of the people.

Oh yeah, Trudeau also trounced on peaceful protesters and citizens’ rights.  The population is at the mercy of an irresponsible tyrant who tries to lecture other countries on the value of democracy.  Our government is a sick joke.

https://apple.news/AkpleuhZoSYi18XRI7IAlAA

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well, in the wake of so much acrimonious discourse over lying cheating politicians these last few years I'm honestly flabbergasted this story of Canada's corruption and money laundering for oligarchs hasn't been in headlines worldwide, caused Trudeau's government to be thrown out and for countries to consider placing sanctions against us.

This is about the biggest kick in the nuts my faith in humanity's and especially Canadian's desire for better transparency, accountability and good government has taken.

It's hard not to get the sense that Canadians who have looked at this story are quietly wondering to themselves where the downside is to $133 billion coming into Canada annually.

It's dirty money?  Pffft.   

Nobody cares. Apathy has set in. It's sad.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Nobody cares. Apathy has set in. It's sad.

it's the total collapse of the Parliamentary process itself

the Federal & Provincial governments are run as effective dictatorships under direct democracy by polling alone

the Charter of Rights & Freedoms is completely bypassed in the name of expediency

it's more than sad, it will end in catastrophe, direct democracy sailing the ship of state into the rocks inevitably

• Like 3

On 3/25/2022 at 5:24 PM, Nexii said:

You can be for pharmacare and dental and against Singh and Trudeau. In other words don't equate left with the recent authoritarian slide.

Or can you can be a moron who's for those and think the Tories are ever going to deliver it.

Or hold your nose and walk through the field of shit to get to the pot of gold.
Up to you......

On 3/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, Jack9000 said:

Justin is actually more center  then left in my opinion which is why i trend towards the NDP in most of there programs like dental and pharamacare  .. PP talking about buying less foreign oil and  getting a eastern pipeline  is all great if it would happen but  goodluck ever getting one thru quebec not gonnahappen no matter  "how hard he trys".

Pixie-Dust didn't "try". He folded like an old shirt.

1 hour ago, West said:

Today's the day the Liberal/NDP dictatorship raises carbon tax on fuel while also blaming the oil companies for rising costs on all your essentials

Trudeau is so detached from the hardships of families and so bent on implementing his deluded and ineffectual “climate change” program  that he’s going to add yet another pile of crushing taxes on fuel when fuel prices are already more than twice what they were at the start of the pandemic. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Would Trudeau have a sociopathic personality? 

Detachment from reality?

Mental illness of some sort?

I think so because he doesn’t listen to Canadians no matter how badly federal policies impact them.  When he was being slammed at the EU for his undemocratic oppressive treatment of protesters, he kept harping on about how 90% of Canadians are vaccinated, as though this would impress anyone or justify his mistreatment of Canadians.  Strange man.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

he kept harping in about how 90% of Canadians are vaccinated, as though this would impress anyone or justify his mistreatment of Canadians.

He keeps repeating that phrase as an answer to nearly every question.

I'm expecting him to comment on the Ukraine situation by telling us the war would be over if everyone just got vaccinated.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think so because he doesn’t listen to Canadians no matter how badly federal policies impact them.

Or he doesn't listen to obstinate/ignorant losers whining loudly.  

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

When he was being slammed at the EU for his undemocratic oppressive treatment of protesters, he kept harping in about how 90% of Canadians are vaccinated, as though this would impress anyone or justify his mistreatment of Canadians.   

Pretty sure nobody but you guys care that Europe's far-right yelled slogans in the EU parliament for their base back home.  

tyrant.thumb.png.609939b2ff6bd91797fd1c407df9018f.png

The Idea that anyone thinks what this goof has to say is noteworthy is a hilarious exercise in self-deception.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Or he doesn't listen to obstinate/ignorant losers whining loudly.  

Pretty sure nobody but you guys care that Europe's far-right yelled slogans in the EU parliament for their base back home.  

tyrant.thumb.png.609939b2ff6bd91797fd1c407df9018f.png

The Idea that anyone thinks what this goof has to say is noteworthy is a hilarious exercise in self-deception.  

What do you even stand for?  You seem to like unresponsive and undemocratic government, so it’s pretty rich for you to mock these guys.  Stop whining.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What do you even stand for?  You seem to like unresponsive and undemocratic government, so it’s pretty rich for you to mock these guys.  Stop whining.  

Who's whining?  These guys are clowns and are considered clowns even in their own countries, so all they've really accomplished in the EU parliament is a collective eyeroll.  

What do I stand for?  Common sense and reality.  Sorry if that offends you.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

He's on a political forum and doesn't want to talk politics. I think we know why he's here. 

I wish we could talk politics, but instead we have jokers like you screaming hyperbole, promoting visibly dumb conspiracies and talking about MSM "hoaxes" and WEF/Illuminati nonsense instead.  Settle down with your thread creation and maybe watch the rational adults talk for a few days.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I wish we could talk politics, but instead we have jokers like you screaming hyperbole, promoting visibly dumb conspiracies and talking about MSM "hoaxes" and WEF/Illuminati nonsense instead.  Settle down with your thread creation and maybe watch the rational adults talk for a few days.  

Oh okay. Anything you don't like is a "conspiracy theory". Can't say why other than the CTV News hasn't covered it so must be false lol

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I often wonder how today's online world would have handled Harper's security bill.  

Those bleating "dictatorship" are themselves pretty quiet about it, I find.

"HAARRRPPPEEERER... TRUUUUUMPPPP BWAAAAA"

Lol. 

We have sunny days now with $1.80 gasoline prices, Europe on the brink of war, and horses trampling grannies for protesting Trudeau. Seems like a great time ?.. 

Edited by West