Should we stop using war as population culling of our young people?

For most of our Godless history, governments and religions have used war to reduce the population of their unruly men and women. This is understandable for those times, as tribes, governments and religions would have wanted to reduce the overrepresented male numbers, as compared to much fewer female numbers. Population balance, unfortunately, was required.

Ancient tough love from the Gods.

Modern wars seem to be designed to continue that vile policy.

Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot

To my knowledge, there has not been a war in the last 500 years that reduced the population. Governments and religions have never used war to reduce the population. Wars are fought for many reasons, but that is not one of them. Usually, governments encourage population growth in times of war. A future nuclear war is the one example of a war that would reduce the population, but that would be a redution to extinction. Not much point to that. 

• Like 1

War does not reduce populations significantly. Disease does.

Are young people the ones getting killed in this Russian invasion? Sure, but so are many others.

Seems the world needs a war every 10 years to cull old weapons stock and help the economy by creating a need for new weapons to  rebuild stockpiles.

• Like 1

In the 1960's the quest to put an American on the moon cost about the same as 3 months of the war in Viet Nam with all the benifits of war and none of the terrible things. IIRC, fewer than 20 people were killed in the manned space program. (Including cosmonauts)

Wars are fought to gain territory, resolve trade issues, revenge, and nationalism. It is cheaper to cull old weapons systems by dismantling them. Dropping a 500 Lb. dumb bomb gives little or no return on the $2000 investment. That is bad economy.

Edited by Queenmandy85

14 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes let the old geezers fight each other.

Indeed.

Yahweh was a moral coward when he chose to volunteer Jesus to die for the ransom that Yahweh himself craved.

We old are being as vile as Yahweh, a G. D. genocidal, homophobic and misogynous God.

We deserve to die for the conditions we created and not our young and future.

Jesus should have told Yahweh to kiss and quote him the law.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards

DL

I must have missed something in the op. I thought you meant the population in general. I also respectively disagree that nations go to war to cull their youth. Culling the elderly is a bad idea as well. If you behave yourself and are real lucky, you too might live to be as old as me and I am just as reluctant to shuffle off my mortal coil as any kid.

Live Long and Prosper

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I must have missed something in the op. I thought you meant the population in general. I also respectively disagree that nations go to war to cull their youth. Culling the elderly is a bad idea as well. If you behave yourself and are real lucky, you too might live to be as old as me and I am just as reluctant to shuffle off my mortal coil as any kid.

Live Long and Prosper

Medieval warfare had well-organised 'ransom market' - BBC News

That is modern and humane history, as compared to other efforts and wars to reduce the young male populations.

I have seen some war footage of hundreds after hundreds of soldiers trying to run up a hill, knowing that the hundreds and hundreds before them, they would have to climb over.

Old is nice. Doing ones duty for women and children is better.

Many live long, yet never mentally prosper.

Regards

DL

• 4 months later...
On 3/20/2022 at 1:24 PM, French Patriot said:

For most of our Godless history, governments and religions have used war to reduce the population of their unruly men and women. This is understandable for those times, as tribes, governments and religions would have wanted to reduce the overrepresented male numbers, as compared to much fewer female numbers. Population balance, unfortunately, was required.

Ancient tough love from the Gods.

Modern wars seem to be designed to continue that vile policy.

Should we ask our political and oligarchic masters to stop wasting our young people with ancient ways?

If we are not to change our ways, cull the old. We are living too long, and the joys are fewer, as we watch the young be buried before the old. The opposite of what nature wants to see.

Culling the old is the moral thing to do. Our ways of culling the young are not natural.

Regards

DL

Look at a chart of populations. If the plan was to reduce populations it very much did the opposite. Population spikes followed most of not all major wars (major meaning involving enough people to create a noticeable reduction in the population). 

In addition to that the greatest leaps and bounds in medicine, machine technology, science have occurred during major wars. These discoveries and inventions have started domino effects that allow humans to live longer and safer lives and procreate easier and safer. Both of which increase the population. 

Though most wars are started for selfish or cruel reasons reducing the population is extremely rarely if not never the end goal. 

11 hours ago, James99 said:

Look at a chart of populations. If the plan was to reduce populations it very much did the opposite. Population spikes followed most of not all major wars (major meaning involving enough people to create a noticeable reduction in the population). 

In addition to that the greatest leaps and bounds in medicine, machine technology, science have occurred during major wars. These discoveries and inventions have started domino effects that allow humans to live longer and safer lives and procreate easier and safer. Both of which increase the population. 

Though most wars are started for selfish or cruel reasons reducing the population is extremely rarely if not never the end goal. 

So wasting our young in war is ok, given that we replace them.

Ok.

Sick, but ok.

Regards

DL

On 8/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, French Patriot said:

So wasting our young in war is ok, given that we replace them.

Ok.

Sick, but ok.

Regards

DL

I knew that you would pull something like that. I specifically said at the end that reasons for war are almost always cruel and selfish. 

What we were discussing was whether or not reducing the population was the reason for going into a major war. I agree it's awful. "Old men start wars and young men fight them." Not the sickness of the young that die in war. I wouldn't argue that.