Do you believe in reincarnation?.

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

There are many different religions the world.  The evidence that the Bible and Christianity is true is very strong.  But it would take a little effort on your part to learn more about it.  Perhaps you are not ready for it.  I don't know.

No but you are saying Christianity is the true ONE not just true.

I want to believe in reincarnation which Christianity rejects. Also I don't believe in hell for just not believing. For heavy crimes like murder or rape may be but for not believing what I can't see going to hell, I don't believe it in a second.

7 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I want to believe in reincarnation which Christianity rejects. Also I don't believe in hell for just not believing. For heavy crimes like murder or rape may be but for not believing what I can't see going to hell, I don't believe it in a second.

Most people don't believe in the Bible or Jesus Christ.  That is why the Bible says:

" 13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. 14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."  Matthew 7:13, 14 KJV

I think what you need to determine is whether the Bible is authoritative and to be believed, that is, the King James Bible.  Nobody else can do that for you.  You will have to investigate and study it yourself.

21 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Just because you "want" to believe in something is absolutely no basis for believing in it.  Belief must have some basis.  In the case of Christianity, belief is based on God's revelation to man meaning the King James Bible (God's word in English).

Reincarnation is the ancient belief that after death, a person continues to undergo a series of deaths and rebirths into a new body until ultimately reaching a state of purification from sin. At this stage, the cycle of reincarnation ceases as the human soul obtains oneness with the spiritual "Absolute," and thereby experiences eternal peace. Reincarnation is taught in many pagan religions with origins in India, particularly Hinduism and Buddhism.

Christianity and reincarnation are not compatible. While many who believe in reincarnation claim that the Bible teaches it, their arguments hold no biblical foundation.   Unquote

Is Reincarnation in the Bible? (learnreligions.com)

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Just because you "want" to believe in something is absolutely no basis for believing in it.  Belief must have some basis.  In the case of Christianity, belief is based on God's revelation to man meaning the King James Bible (God's word in English).

Reincarnation is the ancient belief that after death, a person continues to undergo a series of deaths and rebirths into a new body until ultimately reaching a state of purification from sin. At this stage, the cycle of reincarnation ceases as the human soul obtains oneness with the spiritual "Absolute," and thereby experiences eternal peace. Reincarnation is taught in many pagan religions with origins in India, particularly Hinduism and Buddhism.

Christianity and reincarnation are not compatible. While many who believe in reincarnation claim that the Bible teaches it, their arguments hold no biblical foundation.   Unquote

Is Reincarnation in the Bible? (learnreligions.com)

See if you were born in India it would have been very likely that you would have believed strongly in reincarnation. You believe in Christianity so strongly because you were born in the West or Christian family. As I said earlier religion is like geography.

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

Most people don't believe in the Bible or Jesus Christ.  That is why the Bible says:

" 13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. 14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."  Matthew 7:13, 14 KJV

I think what you need to determine is whether the Bible is authoritative and to be believed, that is, the King James Bible.  Nobody else can do that for you.  You will have to investigate and study it yourself.

That is very much for all religion.

Buddism is much much older than Christianity, As is Judaism and both are subservient in time to Zoroastrianism. Which one is right? Or Better? Or truer?

What makes the St James book empirical beside personal belief? Christianity is the only one that seems to try extremely hard to convince others of it's truth and tries as hard to convert. Why? Do you get something like loyalty points for doing that?

I won't argue for or against as I am not religious. Religion caused too many wars

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

See if you were born in India it would have been very likely that you would have believed strongly in reincarnation. You believe in Christianity so strongly because you were born in the West or Christian family. As I said earlier religion is like geography.

No, there is only one earth, one universe, one mankind and only one God.  This is just one article about why a person should believe the Bible.  I gave links for supporting articles.  I cannot give all the information on a posting in a few sentences on here.  If you don't read the articles, there is nothing anybody can do to help you.  It rests with you to investigate and read the articles on links.

Why Believe the Bible? | SES

Why should I believe the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

3. Why Believe the Bible? | Bible.org

Hopefully you will read these articles and understand the information.  If you do not bother there is little point in carrying on posting on the forum for obvious reasons.  If you read an article and you want to discuss some point we can do that.  That would make sense.  But just back and forth posting without any depth is pointless.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

That is very much for all religion.

Buddism is much much older than Christianity, As is Judaism and both are subservient in time to Zoroastrianism. Which one is right? Or Better? Or truer?

What makes the St James book empirical beside personal belief? Christianity is the only one that seems to try extremely hard to convince others of it's truth and tries as hard to convert. Why? Do you get something like loyalty points for doing that?

I won't argue for or against as I am not religious. Religion caused too many wars

What makes the King James Bible empirical or different than other books or religious statement from other religions?  What is the difference between the KJB teachings on Christianity and Buddhism for example?

That is a fair question.  The answer is in what the KJBible says.

quote Because of this, the Scriptures are effective in teaching spiritual truth about God, about morals, about salvation, and about our future hope. The Scriptures are capable of rebuking those who are not obeying its commands. The Scriptures also provide correction. They answer the question, How can a person who is not doing the will of God correct his life and make it correspond to the will of God? They also provide training, or schooling, in righteous living as well as teach all the truth about God, His righteousness, His justification, and the righteousness that He can provide for a Christian. The end result is that the man of God as he studies the Bible will be equipped thoroughly, as the Scripture states, for every good work into which God leads him.   Unquote  the whole article is at this website:

Wars are not caused by correct Biblical understanding and following.  Wars are caused by the fallen, corrupt, evil human nature.  Wars are sometimes caused by wars between different religious groups but that is not the fault of the Bible teachings.  Jesus never said force or wars should be used to spread his message or gospel.  But there are or have been hundred or thousands of different religions in the world.  According to the Bible there is only one correct belief system because there is only one true God, the God of the Bible.  Since he commanded his followers to love thy neighbour as thyself, in theory, there should be no wars if everyone followed the Bible.  But the world is to a certain extent under the control of Satan, a fallen angel who was once called Lucifer (Isaiah ch.14) in the KJB.  You combine that with the fact man is corrupt and has an evil nature, then you get wars.

43 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What makes the King James Bible empirical or different than other books or religious statement from other religions?  What is the difference between the KJB teachings on Christianity and Buddhism for example?

That is a fair question.  The answer is in what the KJBible says.

quote Because of this, the Scriptures are effective in teaching spiritual truth about God, about morals, about salvation, and about our future hope. The Scriptures are capable of rebuking those who are not obeying its commands. The Scriptures also provide correction. They answer the question, How can a person who is not doing the will of God correct his life and make it correspond to the will of God? They also provide training, or schooling, in righteous living as well as teach all the truth about God, His righteousness, His justification, and the righteousness that He can provide for a Christian. The end result is that the man of God as he studies the Bible will be equipped thoroughly, as the Scripture states, for every good work into which God leads him.   Unquote  the whole article is at this website:

Wars are not caused by correct Biblical understanding and following.  Wars are caused by the fallen, corrupt, evil human nature.  Wars are sometimes caused by wars between different religious groups but that is not the fault of the Bible teachings.  Jesus never said force or wars should be used to spread his message or gospel.  But there are or have been hundred or thousands of different religions in the world.  According to the Bible there is only one correct belief system because there is only one true God, the God of the Bible.  Since he commanded his followers to love thy neighbour as thyself, in theory, there should be no wars if everyone followed the Bible.  But the world is to a certain extent under the control of Satan, a fallen angel who was once called Lucifer (Isaiah ch.14) in the KJB.  You combine that with the fact man is corrupt and has an evil nature, then you get wars.

One side.

Wars are caused and fought in the name of religion.  Catholic vs protestant....both christian even.

Jews vs muslims.

Christians vs non christians all over the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

Arguing with a non religious person is nonsensical.

21 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

One side.

Wars are caused and fought in the name of religion.  Catholic vs protestant....both christian even.

Jews vs muslims.

Christians vs non christians all over the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

Arguing with a non religious person is nonsensical.

I said wars are fought over religion, but also for other reasons.  But people who are being attacked as the Ukrainians are have a right to defend themselves.  Some religions are warlike in nature.  Bible-believers are not taught to start wars. There have been a lot of wars fought over politics or building empires such as the world empires in the past, the Roman Empire for example, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, the Nazis, the Communist revolutions.  These had nothing to do with religion.

Edited by blackbird

47 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I said wars are fought over religion, but also for other reasons.  But people who are being attacked as the Ukrainians are have a right to defend themselves.  Some religions are warlike in nature.  Bible-believers are not taught to start wars. There have been a lot of wars fought over politics or building empires such as the world empires in the past, the Roman Empire for example, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great, the Nazis, the Communist revolutions.  These had nothing to do with religion.

Constantine expanded the roman empire on faith and Christianity . The crusades started by a pope. The inquisitions declared war against all non believers. Holy wars throughout history in the name of christ.

Christians are not  necessarily warlike but, they certainly have had their wars against non believers throughout history.

Having said that, other religions also had their reasons for doing away with non believers too.

Yes, land and empires in history were reasons for war but in history, it was also with strong relations with religion. In the 20th century and onwards wars have become political more than religious (with the few lingering exceptions).

• Like 1

Constantine expanded the roman empire on faith and Christianity . The crusades started by a pope. The inquisitions declared war against all non believers. Holy wars throughout history in the name of christ.

Christians are not  necessarily warlike but, they certainly have had their wars against non believers throughout history.

Having said that, other religions also had their reasons for doing away with non believers too.

Yes, land and empires in history were reasons for war but in history, it was also with strong relations with religion. In the 20th century and onwards wars have become political more than religious (with the few lingering exceptions).

Yes, there is a lot of truth in that, I would agree.  But the point I was making is those who were believing and following the Bible did not start the wars.  The Bible teaches peace.  Again people have a right to defend themselves.  There is doubt about Constantine's Christianity or beliefs.  The Roman church was kind of a descendent of the Babylonian pagan religion and is a false church and not a follower of the Bible through history.  So their crusades and inquisition against heretics were in opposition to the what the Bible teaches.   So in conclusion, your point about religion being one of the causes of wars does not negate the truth of the bible and is not an argument against biblical Christianity.   Claiming wars were associated with some religions will not excuse one from believing the Bible.  

One thing that is often missed in this discussion is the fact that when a person becomes a believer, they are transformed into a child of God by adoption.  They receive a new nature.  They become new creatures in Christ.  This means God looks upon them as one of his own children or sons or daughters.  The benefits that flow from this are infinite and priceless.  The Holy Spirit of God indwells every believer.  This has profound meaning and implications.  The world becomes a different place.  They become a part of God's family and have an eternity to look forward to with God.  The physical body may die and disappear but the soul and spirit live forever with Christ who is God.

Edited by blackbird

10 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You think reincarnation is the be all and end all, but in fact Christians who die will at some point receive new bodies and will live forever with Christ  who is God.

Edited by blackbird

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You think reincarnation is the be all and end all, but in fact Christians who die will at some point receive new bodies and will live forever with Christ  who is God.

I don't believe bible ever said anything about Christians receiving new bodies. In addition even among Christians there are many who don't believe in Christ as a God but messenger and my belief is closer to that.

The truth is religions have been used to cause suffering in the world. Whether the religion itself causing the misery or it is the followers who do all these is debatable. Right now as we speak parts of the world followers of a certain religion causing discriminations against half the population, the women. Encouraging hate and terrorism and causing significant suffering on population.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I don't believe bible ever said anything about Christians receiving new bodies. In addition even among Christians there are many who don't believe in Christ as a God but messenger and my belief is closer to that.

The truth is religions have been used to cause suffering in the world. Whether the religion itself causing the misery or it is the followers who do all these is debatable. Right now as we speak parts of the world followers of a certain religion causing discriminations against half the population, the women. Encouraging hate and terrorism and causing significant suffering on population.

This website explains it with references to the Bible.  I would use the KJ Bible to look up any references.

Do We Receive Our Resurrection Bodies When We Die, or at the End of the Age? | Desiring God

"The Bible makes it clear that those who belong to Christ will receive their new bodies at Christ’s return (1 Cor 15:23)(1 Th 4:16). The bodies of those in Christ who have died will be resurrected and glorified first, and “then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds” (1 Th 4:17), at which time we will receive our glorified bodies."

When will we receive our new glorified bodies? - JesusAlive.cc

But it should be understood for a person to born again he must believe Jesus Christ is God and not just a messenger.  Salvation depends on believing Jesus is God and that he died and shed his blood for one's own sins.  One must receive and believe on him as one's personal Savior and Lord.  That will guarantee eternal life and a resurrected body in the future.

Yes, there are religions which lead to discrimination and suffering in the world.  The Bible teaches the opposite.  There are many bible believers doing good in their lives and the world and contributing to various charitable causes to help people.  The Bible forbids hate and encourages believers to love thy neighbour and help those in need.

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

Yes, there is a lot of truth in that, I would agree.  But the point I was making is those who were believing and following the Bible did not start the wars.  The Bible teaches peace.  Again people have a right to defend themselves.  There is doubt about Constantine's Christianity or beliefs.  The Roman church was kind of a descendent of the Babylonian pagan religion and is a false church and not a follower of the Bible through history.  So their crusades and inquisition against heretics were in opposition to the what the Bible teaches.   So in conclusion, your point about religion being one of the causes of wars does not negate the truth of the bible and is not an argument against biblical Christianity.   Claiming wars were associated with some religions will not excuse one from believing the Bible.  

One thing that is often missed in this discussion is the fact that when a person becomes a believer, they are transformed into a child of God by adoption.  They receive a new nature.  They become new creatures in Christ.  This means God looks upon them as one of his own children or sons or daughters.  The benefits that flow from this are infinite and priceless.  The Holy Spirit of God indwells every believer.  This has profound meaning and implications.  The world becomes a different place.  They become a part of God's family and have an eternity to look forward to with God.  The physical body may die and disappear but the soul and spirit live forever with Christ who is God.

Nice try.

The Roman church is what now is roman catholic and if you are saying it is descendant form babylonian pagan beliefs then all christianity is.

One thing that is often missed in this discussion is the disparity amongst christians. there are so many sects within "christianity" (beyond the 4 major ones, let alone the denominations within those) that conflict with each other over what is supposed to be the same book (scripture?) that some will let a child die instead of getting medical treatment.  Then, of course, are the cults of christianity. Those that also claim to be the righteous path, even to the point of mass suicide.

And I do not even want to get into the TV evangelists that are trying to recruit folks to Christianity. Multu multi millionaires riding the backs of the converted in the name of Jesus and God.

There are so many books interpreting the one book that you can choose which one will fit your narrative and always claim you are christian according to xx book or xy book.

When a person is "converted" to a religion, any religion they become "the child of XX by adoption".

Point here is that religion can be good, bad or indifferent depending  on what you have been convinced to believe..

Edited by ExFlyer

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Nice try.

The Roman church is what now is roman catholic and if you are saying it is descendant form babylonian pagan beliefs then all christianity is.

One thing that is often missed in this discussion is the disparity amongst christians. there are so many sects within "christianity" (beyond the 4 major ones, let alone the denominations within those) that conflict with each other over what is supposed to be the same book (scripture?) that some will let a child die instead of getting medical treatment.  Then, of course, are the cults of christianity. Those that also claim to be the righteous path, even to the point of mass suicide.

And I do not even want to get into the TV evangelists that are trying to recruit folks to Christianity. Multu multi millionaires riding the backs of the converted in the name of Jesus and God.

There are so many books interpreting the one book that you can choose which one will fit your narrative and always claim you are christian according to xx book or xy book.

When a person is "converted" to a religion, any religion they become "the child of XX by adoption".

Point here is that religion can be good, bad or indifferent depending  on what you have been convinced to believe..

Most of what you point out are true.  There are thousands of different denominations.  But one thing you have to remember is many of these different denominations do hold to certain fundamental beliefs that they agree on.  

There are certain basic beliefs that many denominations agree on.  Also, belief is to a large extent an individual thing meaning each person is accountable for his personal beliefs.  Individuals cannot control what large groups or denominations believe.  But if the denomination is in serious error, at some point the individual should leave it and not continue supporting it.

Down through history there have been small groups or individuals who rejected much of the false teachings of Romanism.  These groups of Christians were genuine Bible believers because they placed the basic Bible teachings above man-made doctrines as in Romanism.  During the middle ages many of them were declared to be heretics and tortured or killed by Rome.  Rome ran the Holy Roman Inquisition for four hundred years to try to rid the world of all heretics.  At least the Reformation led to freedom of religion and defeated the tyranny of Rome ruling the world and imposing it's false system on every individual in society.  There was a long period in history when the clergy or priests controlled every individual in their diocese and even to the extent that everything a person did came under their authority.  This is hard to believe and most people do not know this.  But it is true.  Corruption was rampant and if you were not in the privileged class, you were just a slave and the church controlled every inch of your life.  That was true tyranny.  Kind of similar to Communist countries like N. Korea or China.

If you wish to learn more about the history of the Roman church, you can buy the kindle book from Amazon and read parts of it.  It is the History of the Holy Roman Inquisition which lasted for centuries.  There are many other books that also describe the history of the Roman church that most people do not know about and many will not believe even if told by books.

Yes, there are and have been cults that did bizarre things and at least one cult that would refuse certain medical treatment for themselves and their children.   

The point is the world is an evil place as I explained.  Man is a fallen being with an evil, corrupt nature because of the rebellion and fall of our first parents, Adam and Eve.  On top of that the Devil (Satan) is a real person who has certain powers over this world for the time being.  Those are the reasons we have evil in the world, crime, wars, false religious systems etc. for the time being.

But the Bible is the final authority on what is true and what is false because it is God's revelation to man.  I believe the KJ Bible is 100% accurate revelation of God's word in the English language.  Everyone has to decide for themselves what they believe because God has given man free will.  He did not choose to create robots.  He created humans with a brain and gave certain commands and a conscience.  It is up to man to use his brain and conscience correctly.

Edited by blackbird

57 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Most of what you point out are true.  There are thousands of different denominations.  But one thing you have to remember is many of these different denominations do hold to certain fundamental beliefs that they agree on.  

There are certain basic beliefs that many denominations agree on.  Also, belief is to a large extent an individual thing meaning each person is accountable for his personal beliefs.  Individuals cannot control what large groups or denominations believe.  But if the denomination is in serious error, at some point the individual should leave it and not continue supporting it.

Down through history there have been small groups or individuals who rejected much of the false teachings of Romanism.  These groups of Christians were genuine Bible believers because they placed the basic Bible teachings above man-made doctrines as in Romanism.  During the middle ages many of them were declared to be heretics and tortured or killed by Rome.  Rome ran the Holy Roman Inquisition for four hundred years to try to rid the world of all heretics.  At least the Reformation led to freedom of religion and defeated the tyranny of Rome ruling the world and imposing it's false system on every individual in society.  There was a long period in history when the clergy or priests controlled every individual in their diocese and even to the extent that everything a person did came under their authority.  This is hard to believe and most people do not know this.  But it is true.  Corruption was rampant and if you were not in the privileged class, you were just a slave and the church controlled every inch of your life.  That was true tyranny.  Kind of similar to Communist countries like N. Korea or China.

If you wish to learn more about the history of the Roman church, you can buy the kindle book from Amazon and read parts of it.  It is the History of the Holy Roman Inquisition which lasted for centuries.  There are many other books that also describe the history of the Roman church that most people do not know about and many will not believe even if told by books.

Yes, there are and have been cults that did bizarre things and at least one cult that would refuse certain medical treatment for themselves and their children.   

The point is the world is an evil place as I explained.  Man is a fallen being with an evil, corrupt nature because of the rebellion and fall of our first parents, Adam and Eve.  On top of that the Devil (Satan) is a real person who has certain powers over this world for the time being.  Those are the reasons we have evil in the world, crime, wars, false religious systems etc. for the time being.

But the Bible is the final authority on what is true and what is false because it is God's revelation to man.  I believe the KJ Bible is 100% accurate revelation of God's word in the English language.  Everyone has to decide for themselves what they believe because God has given man free will.  He did not choose to create robots.  He created humans with a brain and gave certain commands and a conscience.  It is up to man to use his brain and conscience correctly.

You really sound like a TV evangelists. I hope you are as rich.

Even you are discriminating among the christian sects and cults. You are not r than those you admonish.

Very pompous of you to state the KJ Bible is the only truth. You lose credibility and become no better than the Hare Krishna people that used to hang out at airports.

You really sound like a TV evangelists. I hope you are as rich.

Even you are discriminating among the christian sects and cults. You are not r than those you admonish.

Very pompous of you to state the KJ Bible is the only truth. You lose credibility and become no better than the Hare Krishna people that used to hang out at airports.

No,  I say the KJB is the only inspired Bible in the English language because I have a mass of proof, not the least of which is the Bible itself.  You simply haven't studied the subject or read much information on it and so don't know.

Discrimination simply means differentiating between good and bad, right or wrong.  If you don't do that, you must live in a mess of confusion.  Distinguishing between various choices and ideas in life is part of walking on the correct path.  I am not ashamed of trying to do the right thing and believe the right thing.  Life is matter of making the correct choices.

There is nothing "pompous" about having certain clear beliefs.  God calls everyone to have faith him his Son and his written word.  The problem is we live in a world of rebellion against God, apostasy, and unbelief.  If you want to be on that path, that is your choice.  Not mine.  I thank God who is the one who gives grace and faith to people.  No, I am not anything like a televangelist.  I don't have the knowledge or skills for such a thing and no desire to be one.   

I am simply pointing out the reality of the world and what I believe the answer is.  It's your choice what you want to do.  If you want to muddle through a life of confusion, poor choices, and reject the truth of the Bible and God, that is entirely your choice.  But the KJ Bible could help you and if you believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, your life could be a major change for the better.  That's my opinion.

Edited by blackbird

31 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No,  I say the KJB is the only inspired Bible in the English language because I have a mass of proof, not the least of which is the Bible itself.  You simply haven't studied the subject or read much information on it and so don't know.

Discrimination simply means differentiating between good and bad, right or wrong.  If you don't do that, you must live in a mess of confusion.  Distinguishing between various choices and ideas in life is part of walking on the correct path.  I am not ashamed of trying to do the right thing and believe the right thing.  Life is matter of making the correct choices.

There is nothing "pompous" about having certain clear beliefs.  God calls everyone to have faith him his Son and his written word.  The problem is we live in a world of rebellion against God, apostasy, and unbelief.  If you want to be on that path, that is your choice.  Not mine.  I thank God who is the one who gives grace and faith to people.  No, I am not anything like a televangelist.  I don't have the knowledge or skills for such a thing and no desire to be one.   

I am simply pointing out the reality of the world and what I believe the answer is.  It's your choice what you want to do.  If you want to muddle through a life of confusion, poor choices, and reject the truth of the Bible and God, that is entirely your choice.  But the KJ Bible could help you and if you believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, your life could be a major change for the better.  That's my opinion.

You said, more than once "I believe the KJ Bible is 100% accurate revelation of God's word in the English language.".

Discrimination is one person (you ) deciding what is right, good and true. "o discriminate against a group of people or in favour of a group of people means to unfairly treat them worse or better than other groups. "

Pompous because you try to enlist others to your beliefs, like a TV evangelist.

You are pompous to assume I (or us or others) will "muddle through a life of confusion, poor choices, and reject the truth".

Anyone that tries so hard to make others come to their way of thinking is a scam artist.  That's my opinion.

You said, more than once "I believe the KJ Bible is 100% accurate revelation of God's word in the English language.".

Discrimination is one person (you ) deciding what is right, good and true. "o discriminate against a group of people or in favour of a group of people means to unfairly treat them worse or better than other groups. "

Pompous because you try to enlist others to your beliefs, like a TV evangelist.

You are pompous to assume I (or us or others) will "muddle through a life of confusion, poor choices, and reject the truth".

Anyone that tries so hard to make others come to their way of thinking is a scam artist.  That's my opinion.

No, that's not what I said about discrimination.  You are twisting what I said.  The only discrimination I was talking about is pointing out there are false religious systems or false religions.  That has nothing to do with how one treats people.  I never said anything about how to treat people.  That's your assumption.  Disagreeing with belief systems is not discrimination or being pompous.  You would have to accuse Jesus of the same thing because he said there is only one way to God and heaven, that is, through him.  He would not agree with or accept the other religions in the world.

Yes , I believe certain things are true and certain things are false.  That has nothing to do with the word pompous.  Again that is your false claim.   Anyone who doesn't agree with your world view is a scam artist.   The Devil has deceived most of the world and that's no lie. 

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Just a friendly reminder that this thread is about whether or not you believe in reincarnation and why.

The Bible does not support reincarnation at all.  In fact it teaches "27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: " Hebrews 9:27 KJV   After death one either goes to heaven or hell.  There is no reincarnation as some other person or creature.  The whole message of the Bible really does not support reincarnation.

Here is an article on how the Hindu Scriptures compare with the Bible.

How does the Bible compare to Hindu Scriptures? A Christian Perspective! – PercyParakh.com

On 4/18/2022 at 8:01 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Also I don't believe in hell for just not believing.

Not believing is only a temporary condition. In time all will believe. Unfortunately there are two types of people who consider themselves Christians. Those who want to be like God. They believe that they need to tell others how to live, and see all their transgressions, and constantly judge others. Let God be God. The others are the ones who want to be like Jesus, who believe that you should love your neighbour as yourself. Those who love and forgive. Jesus came to bring a light into the world. You don't have to walk in the light, but you might choose to walk in the light.

26 minutes ago, Dowell said:

Not believing is only a temporary condition. In time all will believe. Unfortunately there are two types of people who consider themselves Christians. Those who want to be like God. They believe that they need to tell others how to live, and see all their transgressions, and constantly judge others. Let God be God. The others are the ones who want to be like Jesus, who believe that you should love your neighbour as yourself. Those who love and forgive. Jesus came to bring a light into the world. You don't have to walk in the light, but you might choose to walk in the light.

It is great that we have the second type among Christians as in another religion also originated from middle east there is only one group. Love  no one but your own and hate all others!!!!!!!!.

I sincerely hope that reincarnation is right and all other religions advocating heaven and hell are wrong or lies. Reincarnation gives us all eternal life. Our souls will go through many stages in each learning and advancing to the next. No one will burn in hell but if sinful will be reborn in poverty or as a  suffering  soul.

There are many evidence on reincarnations based on many research conducted by many researchers interviewing true cases and mounting evidence of their true nature not to mention billions strong Buddhists and Hindus all believe in reincarnation.. The evidence on reincarnation mostly in recent pasr is much stronger than the stories said by some witnesses dead over 2000 years or legends like rising from the dead or walking on water.