Do you believe in reincarnation?.

Was not Jesus resurrected on the third day?

Was it not written that people thought he was a prophet who returned?

Laws, yes...   ;)

And have we not heard it said, among Christians, ye must be born again?

Oh my Laws...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But more to the point, do I believe in reincarnation?

Perhaps. I don't believe life is like a video game where you always re-spawn, until you get enough points to go to the next level.

However in a way we replicate ourselves through DNA, and certain character traits can persist from one generation to the next. There may only be a few different types of human being, the so-called archetypes, and we are all repetitions of these templated themes. Every few generations the same type of person can appear again. Stamped out on conveyor belts, like mass-production machines.

Wave after wave of the same dipshits.

I happen to believe reincarnation is not only possible, but probable. Eventually my body will age to expiration, but my mind...my sense of awareness...my "soul"...will exist and maintain its core identity. That which makes me...me.

So in my life, I've collected possessions that I will leave to my 3 children with specific instruction to not blow it but to expand the wealth, as I have every intention of returning to my family and I want to be comfortable.

So its a double-edged sword of sorts. I threaten to come back as one of their grandchildren to the family of the one who's not holding up his or her end of the bargain. None of them really want me as a grandchild so...I figure they'll all take good care of my small little fortune.

;)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:19 AM, Nationalist said:

I happen to believe reincarnation is not only possible, but probable. Eventually my body will age to expiration, but my mind...my sense of awareness...my "soul"...will exist and maintain its core identity. That which makes me...me.

The soul may indeed exist after life (it is a belief not a proven theory) but unfortunately the mind or memory and sense of awareness will lively not survive (as much as I hate to admit) because science has proven that all brain cells will die too with the body :(.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:21 PM, OftenWrong said:

Was not Jesus resurrected on the third day?

Was it not written that people thought he was a prophet who returned?

Laws, yes...   ;)

And have we not heard it said, among Christians, ye must be born again?

Oh my Laws...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many legends about the past heroes or kings. How much of that is true only a time travel would reveal the answer.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The soul may indeed exist after life (it is a belief not a proven theory) but unfortunately the mind or memory and sense of awareness will lively not survive (as much as I hate to admit) because science has proven that all brain cells will die too with the body :(.

I think we retain awareness. 

It's certainly a nice thought.  But maybe we should be careful what we wish for.

A science fiction I read years ago, In Light Of Other Days by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephan Baxter, was a story about the invention of an affordable desk-top time-viewer where anyone could dial up any point in time and view what actually happened. This of course was way worse than having a fly on the wall in the way it turned politics on its head, inside out and almost completely FUBAR in the consequent destruction of all secrecy and privacy.  Almost as bad as killing free speech I suppose.

In the story the time-viewing/wormhole technology is developed further to the point where people can go back in time and rescue everyone who ever lived and the means by which the rescue takes place is through the light that we're purported to see upon our deaths.

There was no going back in time to correct or undo an evil - but the evildoers could be brought forward into the present to face justice and the people who had evil done to them could get justice.  There'd be no escape through suicide despite many doing just that. 

It was a very interesting read on many levels; technical, political, historical and especially moral.  In the story, Christ's death and resurrection remain a mystery due to just about every human being trying to view these events at the same time and where all anyone sees is a blindingly bright light.

Edited by eyeball

On 4/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The fact the Bible is true and everything Jesus said is true is born out by the fact the he died and rose from the dead in his body.  Darwin's theories can be dismissed for the simple reason that in Darwin's universe everything is "from nothing, by nothing, and for nothing".   From the Book with the same title, Darwin's Universe, by Yan T. Wee.  The mere fact that the complex universe exists is in itself evidence for the truth of God and his revelation to mankind.  The Bible reveals what God's plan is and why we are here.  Darwin's universe has no explanation and no ultimate purpose.  According to him the universe was some cosmic accident.  The Bible also teaches that life (soul and spirit) of man does not end at death.  Therefore there will be consciousness after death.  Everyone either goes to heaven or hell according to the Bible.  

Edited by blackbird

58 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is debatable if this is a historic fact or a historic legend.

58 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is debatable if this is a historic fact or a historic legend.

Better find out soon.  Life can end at any moment and where one goes is for eternity,  heaven or hell.   

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.   Study the King James Bible while there is still time.  It is not an invention of men or a legend.   Google and watch the free video "The Life of Jesus".  He did perform many miracles, raised the dead and himself was raised from the dead according to eye witnesses.

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Better find out soon.  Life can end at any moment and where one goes is for eternity,  heaven or hell.   

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.   Study the King James Bible while there is still time.  It is not an invention of men or a legend.   Google and watch the free video "The Life of Jesus".  He did perform many miracles, raised the dead and himself was raised from the dead according to eye witnesses.

Again neither of us were there to see it yourself. There are so many legends in the world about kings flying on a carpet to Jesus rising from the dead. Nobody knows if there are true or false.

Some religious figures trying to force their ideology by force or intimidation like if you don't beleve what I say you will end up in hell and burn till eternity. This is intimidation. I can't put a gun on your head asking you to love me or I will shoot you. Real love doesn't come this way. Besides if there is one, I don't believe the kind and forgiving God will burn or even hurt his children in hell, unless they have done real harm to his other children like rapists or murderers like Putin and mullahs in Iran.

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Again neither of us were there to see it yourself. There are so many legends in the world about kings flying on a carpet to Jesus rising from the dead. Nobody knows if there are true or false.

Some religious figures trying to force their ideology by force or intimidation like if you don't beleve what I say you will end up in hell and burn till eternity. This is intimidation. I can't put a gun on your head asking you to love me or I will shoot you. Real love doesn't come this way. Besides if there is one, I don't believe the kind and forgiving God will burn or even hurt his children in hell, unless they have done real harm to his other children like rapists or murderers like Putin and mullahs in Iran.

If God is so loving, why did he invent Hell?

The truth is that hell is necessary because God’s holy and just nature demands that evil be punished. Similarly, the cross was necessary because God’s merciful nature demanded that salvation be offered.

Since everyone falls short of God’s standard (Rom 3:23), everyone deserves hell. At the final judgment, one thing will be patently clear: God is fair. More than merely “fair,” God is merciful and just. What is actually “unfair” is the fact that anyone will be in heaven. No one is good enough for heaven. The opportunity to enter God’s holy presence illustrates His mercy and grace.

Jonathan Edwards reflected on the uncomfortable truth of hell: “Tis dreadful, ’tis awful . . . but ’tis true.” The Bible states that people loved darkness rather than light (John 3:19), and that Jesus is the only way to get to heaven (John 14:6; Rom 5:12–17).

It’s a Choice

God does not send people to hell. People choose to abandon God and He allows it. God does not force people to worship Him or to experience the joy of His presence.

Heaven and hell are very real places. Those who fail to accept Christ’s payment for their sins will go to hell. It is that simple. Whether a person will be in heaven or hell after death will depend on whether he chooses to accept God’s gift of salvation and follow Jesus. About this most serious of subjects, it is the Christian’s privilege and duty to proclaim what God has clearly revealed: Hope is found in salvation through Christ alone.  unquote

Is Hell Real? What does the Bible say? » Reasons for Hope* Jesus (reasonsforhopejesus.com)

There are many articles and websites that speak about hell.  

13 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

There's a pretty good argument that Hell doesn't exist in the Bible.

https://lutherwasnotbornagaincom.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/the-concept-of-hell-is-not-in-the-bible/

It's more an invention of men than God.

No, there is no legitimate argument against hell if one believes the King James Bible.  The modern versions have removed the word hell from the Old Testament because they are corrupt and it is easily proven.   The King James Versions which is based on the Received Text has the word hell in the Old Testament in 31 places.   Jesus spoke about hell.  He was seen by many eye witnesses after he rose from the dead.  (which we commemorate today as a matter of fact - Easter Sunday)

So the fact Jesus was raised from the dead means what he said is true.  He is God and there is a heaven and a hell.

People go to hell by their own choice.

Is Hell Real? What does the Bible say? » Reasons for Hope* Jesus (reasonsforhopejesus.com)

Edited by blackbird

While it is true we were not there, we have credible testimonies of eye witnesses.  This is the same as a court of law.  A jury does not have to have been present at a crime scene to know a crime was committed.  They rely on eye witness testimony.  That is the same with the eye witnesses who wrote the Bible.  We rely and believe the eye witness testimony of those who saw Jesus during his life and after he was resurrected.

This website has a lot of information about hell being a real place.   You say it is a scare tactic.  No, it is not.  If hell is a real place and I believe it is, then why would we not warn other people about it.  Many dismiss what the Bible says as fiction or a myth, but they have made that choice themselves in spite of warnings.

Bible Verses About Hell: 21 Eye Opening Scriptures (whatchristianswanttoknow.com)

51 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

If God is so loving, why did he invent Hell?

The reason God has a place called hell is because he is a just God.  People make their own choice to go there.  They can choose to listen to God in the King James Bible and go to heaven if they wish.   This website goes into detail about this.

Bible Verses About Hell: 21 Eye Opening Scriptures (whatchristianswanttoknow.com)

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

It’s a Choice

God does not send people to hell. People choose to abandon God and He allows it. God does not force people to worship Him or to experience the joy of His presence.

Heaven and hell are very real places. Those who fail to accept Christ’s payment for their sins will go to hell. It is that simple. Whether a person will be in heaven or hell after death will depend on whether he chooses to accept God’s gift of salvation and follow Jesus. About this most serious of subjects, it is the Christian’s privilege and duty to proclaim what God has clearly revealed: Hope is found in salvation through Christ alone.  unquote

There are many articles and websites that speak about hell.  

You know if you were born in Middle East you would have been saying equally strongly if not stronger  that those who did not believe in Mohammad or Allah would be going to hell.

Religion is geography. It depends on where you were born and by whom you have been brainwashed.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

5 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Eye witnesses dead for over 2000 years are hardly credible witnesses!!!!!!

If a number of eye witnesses basically give the same account, it doesn't really matter how long ago it happened.

But here is an interesting article about a famous lawyer in the 1800s who set out to prove the resurrection of Christ was false.  You may find this interesting.

FAMOUS LAWYERS PROVE THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST – The Teaching Ministry of Bill Nugent (bnugent.org)

Edited by blackbird

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

There is if you know the true argument for there not being a "Hell" in the bible centers around the mistranslation of the word "Sheol".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

There is really nothing at that link that negates the teaching of hell in the Bible.

"DOES THE OLD TESTAMENT TEACH THE CONCEPT OF HELL?

I have read several critics of the doctrine of hell insist that the concept of hell cannot be found in the Old Testament. After asserting this, they say that we cannot establish the doctrine of hell when the Old Testament “does not teach this concept.”   

I would respond first by saying that as Christians, we have more than ample teaching in the New Testament to establish the doctrine of a literal, eternal hell (see Matthew 3:7, Matthew 3:12, Matthew 5:29-30, Matthew 18:9-12, Matthew 13:38-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:43-47, Luke 12:5, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Jude 7, Revelation 14:11, Revelation 20:13-15, and Revelation 21:8).

This New Testament teaching is quite consistent, though, with the Old Testament. First, the OT contains many references to God’s wrath. He is often said to be angry at wickedness (see, for example, Deuteronomy 32:22, Psalm 2:12, and Psalm 18:7). Psalm 7:11 is one of many verses that indicate this indignation or anger is directed toward those who perpetrate this wickedness (“the wicked”).

The OT prophets repeatedly speak of a time when the Holy One would have His “day” — a day of justice in which He would express His anger toward sin and visit judgment on sinners. They referred to this as “The Day of the Lord.” (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 1:15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5)."

What Does the Old Testament Say About Hell? - Apologetics Index

5 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You know if you were born in Middle East you would have been saying equally strongly if not stronger  that those who did not believe in Mohammad or Allah would be going to hell.

Religion is geography. It depends on where you were born and by whom you have been brainwashed.

While there are certain countries that have large numbers of one religion or another, there are scattered Christians in middle eastern countries and various countries around the world.  There are also large numbers in China although they are heavily persecuted.  So that proves nothing.  It does not disprove the truth of the Bible.  Also the Bible originated in Israel and spread to other countries from there.  That does not disprove the truth of it.  There are many different religions the world.  The evidence that the Bible and Christianity is true is very strong.  But it would take a little effort on your part to learn more about it.  Perhaps you are not ready for it.  I don't know.

Edited by blackbird