Jean Charest vs Justin Trudeau vs Pierre Trudeau vs Brian Muloney

13 hours ago, August1991 said:

I favour Charest and Mulroney and even Trudeau Snr.

======

Charest - make no mistake - built a bridge, an interchange, a metro.

Mulroney created the GST and negotiated free trade. He almost did Meech.

Trudeau Jnr? He legalised pot.

They are all liberals in conservative clothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Some people are so far out on the extremes, they can't see the centre with the James West telescope.

Yes the left is so far out these days.  The country is much further left than it was in Mulroney's days.  My position which is slightly right of center only appears extreme because Canadians have gone full Bolshy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Again, why are you so consumed by the politics of a foreign country. This is Canada, not Zimbabwe, Pakistan. United States or Bolivia. American politics are the antithesis of Conservatism. It is like those bozos who said Khrushchev was a liberal and Breshnev was a Conservative. Republicanism is the complete opposite of Conservatism.

One point of the thread title is the only person to ever defeat a Trudeau is Joe Clark. If he had not been betrayed by the Social Credit / Reform party, Trudeau senior would never have come back.

Joe Clark?  Where is that barf icon?  We went through the Reform process as a rejection of fake conservatism of the Joe Clarks.

• Like 1

I think we have a handful of real CINOs on board, and that is why we have these snarky remarks about the reform party.  Those posters simply illustrate the elitism of so called progressive conservatives that we split the party to rectify.  YOU left the conservative movement and supported partisan progressive conservatives.  I assumed all the CINOS have left and joined up with the Liberal Party where you belong.  Trudeau seems like a natural choice for PCs. 

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Joe Clark?  Where is that barf icon?  We went through the Reform process as a rejection of fake conservatism of the Joe Clarks.

Reform is the party of Lincoln, a republican. 

The Conservative party is the Party of MacDonald, a Tory.

The prime directive of the Conservative party is Loyalty.

Republican and Conservative is a contradiction in terms.

12 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Reform is the party of Lincoln, a republican. 

The Conservative party is the Party of MacDonald, a Tory.

The prime directive of the Conservative party is Loyalty.

Republican and Conservative is a contradiction in terms.

So you see those who trash Mulroney and the PCs are disloyal?  Loyalty then can equate to blind obedience?  And yes that IS the old Tory way.  And Conservative way IF you define conservatism and Toryism as the same thing.  Outside of the British systems Toryism doesn't mean a whole lot.  Things have changed so much since those old days.  Especially outside of Canada.  You can probably tell I'm not a fan of Tories, naturally being a Whig (if we still described positions like that today).  Being a Whig of course no longer defines the modern Liberal Party.  They are something else.

Edited by Faramir

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

So you see those who trash Mulroney and the PCs are disloyal?  Loyalty then can equate to blind obedience?  And yes that IS the old Tory way.  And Conservative way IF you define conservatism and Toryism as the same thing.  Outside of the British systems Toryism doesn't mean a whole lot.  Things have changed so much since those old days.  Especially outside of Canada.  You can probably tell I'm not a fan of Tories, naturally being a Whig (if we still described positions like that today).  Being a Whig of course no longer defines the modern Liberal Party.  They are something else.

It is not loyalty to a party. The Conservative party grew out of the English civil war. A Conservative stands for God, Queen and Country. Loyalty to the Queen of Canada above all else is what defines a Conservative. The Whigs are the thugs and theives who rebelled against the Crown in the American colonies and terrorized their Conservative neighbours.

Edited by Queenmandy85

16 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is not loyalty to a party. The Conservative party grew out of the English civil war. A Conservative stands for God, Queen and Country. Loyalty to the Queen of Canada above all else is what defines a Conservative. The Whigs are the thugs and theives who rebelled against the Crown in the American colonies and terrorized their Conservative neighbours.

OK, so a true Tory.  There are more of you than I thought.  I came across another guy once who hated the roundheads and wanted the state and church (Anglican) to be in union (against the Cromwellian rebellion).

On 3/16/2022 at 2:16 PM, Faramir said:

Maybe they were (Justin Jr exempted) all leaders with visions that were best for this Country??

We have become a better Country for that, regardless of political party.  Claiming and making everything partisan politics is what is ruining this Country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Maybe they were (Justin Jr exempted) all leaders with visions that were best for this Country??

We have become a better Country for that, regardless of political party.  Claiming and making everything partisan politics is what is ruining this Country.

Would that make the person then a populist?  Have a hard time seeing Charest as having a vision.

59 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Would that make the person then a populist?  Have a hard time seeing Charest as having a vision.

More of a vision than Polievere.

At least Charest is speaking about policy whereas Polievere is just making attack ads.

18 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

More of a vision than Polievere.

At least Charest is speaking about policy whereas Polievere is just making attack ads.

I like Poiliever attack ads. Poiliever appears to be the only real conservative left in the conservative party that is in the running for the leadership of the now liberal conservative party. All the rest are your typical lying leftist liberals. Charest is just another lying leftist liberal CINO. 

Charest supports the carbon tax on gas. He wants gun control. Sucks the communist Chinese spy telecom outfit called Huawei. Charest is no friend of Canada. We can be dam sure that the lying leftist liberal bought off Canadian MSM will be supporting lefty liberal Charest. ?

On 3/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Faramir said:

A vote for lefty liberal Charest is just another vote for liberalism to continue on in Canada. Liberalism has pretty much destroyed this once great country called Canada. Charest is all in on carbon taxes, gun control, and has ties to that telecom outfit called Huawai which is a spy agency for the Chinese communists. This Charest guy is as much conservative as I am liberal. With Charest as the leader of the CINO party, liberalism will still be kept alive and well and thrive in Canada. 

I still believe that the last election was a fixed election for the Turd to win, and I do believe that the next election will be rigged also in the Turds favor. Marxists always do fix elections for them to win an election. Liberalism is truly a terrible nasty disease that does need to be eradicated as soon as possible. Canada is so full of this liberalism disease that if allowed to continue any longer will destroy everything we know as decent and moral and free will be gone. 

I will be voting for the real and true PPC conservative party in the next election. Unless, Polilivere wins the conservative leadership, I may then have to think about as to who gets my vote. ?

On 3/15/2022 at 9:50 PM, August1991 said:

I favour Charest and Mulroney and even Trudeau Snr.

======

Charest - make no mistake - built a bridge, an interchange, a metro.

Mulroney created the GST and negotiated free trade. He almost did Meech.

Trudeau Jnr? He legalised pot.

Just for your info. It is now August 2022. Time to update your avatar. Just saying. ?

41 minutes ago, taxme said:

A vote for lefty liberal Charest is just another vote for liberalism to continue on in Canada. Liberalism has pretty much destroyed this once great country called Canada. Charest is all in on carbon taxes, gun control, and has ties to that telecom outfit called Huawai which is a spy agency for the Chinese communists. This Charest guy is as much conservative as I am liberal. With Charest as the leader of the CINO party, liberalism will still be kept alive and well and thrive in Canada. 

I still believe that the last election was a fixed election for the Turd to win, and I do believe that the next election will be rigged also in the Turds favor. Marxists always do fix elections for them to win an election. Liberalism is truly a terrible nasty disease that does need to be eradicated as soon as possible. Canada is so full of this liberalism disease that if allowed to continue any longer will destroy everything we know as decent and moral and free will be gone. 

I will be voting for the real and true PPC conservative party in the next election. Unless, Polilivere wins the conservative leadership, I may then have to think about as to who gets my vote. ?

Yup, OK.

You have really stepped into the Trump Turd Pile with both feet.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

I like Poiliever attack ads. Poiliever appears to be the only real conservative left in the conservative party that is in the running for the leadership of the now liberal conservative party. All the rest are your typical lying leftist liberals. Charest is just another lying leftist liberal CINO. 

Charest supports the carbon tax on gas. He wants gun control. Sucks the communist Chinese spy telecom outfit called Huawei. Charest is no friend of Canada. We can be dam sure that the lying leftist liberal bought off Canadian MSM will be supporting lefty liberal Charest. ?

Wasn't Charest part of the Liberal party in PQ?

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Problem is the LPC has incredible efficiency in its votes.  The CPC really needed to get an even higher amount of votes in.  We need a champion that will cut programs and cut corporate welfare.  And bring the budget back into balance.  

9 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

He was Premier as a liberal for 3 mandates but was  considered by many as "right" for a liberal

really?  Because I consider PQ the most left of all the provinces.  I mean 85 to 15 right?  85% of the vote federally goes to one lefty or the other - NDP, Greens, Liberal, Parti Quebecois?