Monumentality. The Utter Failure of The Left.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:34 AM, Nationalist said:

The "Greenies" got Biden to all but halt American fossil fuel production.

How do I take a post seriously when it distorts, or is ignorant of, basic facts?

After declining in 2020, the combined production of U.S. fossil fuels (including natural gas, crude oil, and coal) increased by 2% in 2021 to 77.14 quadrillion British thermal units. Based on forecasts in our latest Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), we expect U.S. fossil fuel production to continue rising in both 2022 and 2023, surpassing production in 2019, to reach a new record in 2023.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=50978

Edited by TreeBeard

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I am nothing.  I am everything.  I am the alpha and the omega and all the letters in between that i don't know cuz i'm not Greek.

I'm probably feeling much the same way now that you mention it.  I don't recall ever reading a dystopian novel that come as close to the dystopian reality we're in.  

15 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

How do I take a post seriously when it distorts, or is ignorant of, basic facts?

After declining in 2020, the combined production of U.S. fossil fuels (including natural gas, crude oil, and coal) increased by 2% in 2021 to 77.14 quadrillion British thermal units. Based on forecasts in our latest Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), we expect U.S. fossil fuel production to continue rising in both 2022 and 2023, surpassing production in 2019, to reach a new record in 2023.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=50978

https://nypost.com/2021/12/05/the-costs-of-bidens-war-on-oil-include-higher-gas-prices/

Nice try.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:56 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes, of course they know.  But as I asked - do you expect a true account ?  Would you have expected Chretien to tell Canadian factory workers in the early 90s that they were going to see their jobs eliminated in favour of more resource jobs or somesuch ?  
2. Has your boss ever asked you what you thought of his tie ?  "pretty shitty boss, cat puke colour too... thumbs down".  Seriously though, we are their customers as we are using a consumer model these days in politics and customers are flattered, as are voters.
3a. Who, exactly, is asking for the whole truth ?  More to the point: who is asking for the boring details ?
4. Disagree
5. Ok, point taken.  But illegal immigration even is used more as a political pawn than it has impact on anything... I'm guessing.
6. Ok, but you (and I) are not robots.  We are susceptible to the 'hot button' issue just like anyone.  What makes you really MAD ?  Is that thing actually an important issue ?  Illegal immigration, for example.  Trump successfully used a SINGLE MURDER in the US as a cornerstone for his immigration policy.  What do you think of that tactic ?  Should that have worked 7.  and 3b. Corporate success helps Canada, don't doubt that.  To call that 'corruption' is a hard left opinion. 

And 'Trickle Down' means ... actually what does it mean ?  ?  It's been years since the right has used that term so I had to look it up again.  Ok it's "Reaganomics" or supply-side economics with large tax cuts given to highest earning individuals and corporations. 

Trade deals don't easily equate to trickle-down because they impact the whole economy top-to-bottom.  Some corporations lose out and some win, but the idea is overall that the deal creates win-win.  Manufacturing might lose, but those losses are offset by cheaper imports, which provide consumers money to spend elsewhere.  And a whole set of new industries replace the old ones.  This follows economic orthodoxy but difficult to prove out academically or otherwise.  Suffice it to say, though, that is the way of the world today.

8. You can't "disagree" that I'm afraid :D  I'm not and I'd like to think I actually know this more than you :D 

9. I am anonymous, dummy.  DM me.

1.  No.  Chretien was a snakey salesman as they all are.

2. Wouldn't call us customers if we pay their salaries, but they are salesmen trying to convince us why they should keep their jobs.

3a.  Often the media?  But as we know, they can never get a straight answer from our LP's (Liars of Parliament).

4.  disagree to disagree.

5.  Well it's a hot button issue for sure.  People don't like line-skippers and human traffickers and  free loaders who work with fake social security numbers and don't pay their fair share of income tax.  You're right though that they should equally resent the employers who take part.

6. muh

7.  Well it doesn't seem like the average person is better off than 40 years ago despite all these great trade deals.  So something has gone awry.

8. muh

9.  Hey don't get mad, i'm just trying to challenge you.  Sometimes you can also be an evasive witness.  Maybe you'll thank me some day.  Or hate me.  Maybe since you're not anonymous on here I understand your plight, which just proves my point. Don't worry, i'm scared too, i'd never say much of the stuff i do on here on FB.  We're all scared, the angry mob carries a bludgeon and they'll take our jobs if they can, which just proves my point.

12 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

When did you start believing the MSM?

That article is very disingenuous.  Comparing one month of 2021 to one month in 2019 with no facts about the recent trends in production!  LOL

It's one thing to favor one side over the other. It's quite another to be willfully blind. 

On 3/7/2022 at 9:58 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

A bit of globalism is fine, but not to the point of undermining your own country.

A typical leftist leader like Trudeau is deeply consumed by emotions like guilt, fear (of offending), and compassion (towards certain people anyways).  They want to be the white knight who saves the world, and applauded for it.  They won't stand up for the interests of their country if it might make an oppressed person somewhere "feel bad", and they're far too afraid of the potential backlash from being called a racist or sexist or whatever even if it's the right call.

Again, there's room for some guilt and compassion, but turning it into an obsession that cripples rationality is simply cowardliness and weakness.

That little slimy SOB Maurice Strong hasn't been in the news lately.  Him and Power Corp are the epitome of the Deep State.

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2022 at 2:02 PM, Nationalist said:

So far...we have one "thought".

A laugh from an eyeball. Unfortunately the eyeball has nothing to say really. Just an attempt to belittle and virtue signal.

Any REAL thoughts on the subject?

I believe that Communism is alive and well and found a new home in the Climate Change movement, as well as a few other movements.

Anyone who thinks that the Soviet Communist machine with all its tentacles ad diehard adherent just walked off softly into the night is an idiot. It found hiding places and it plans its second rising.

Antifa members, see hammer and sickle?

Antifa-BLM-Communists.jpg

Climate change, note attack against capitalism

image.jpg

Ant-capitalism, i.e. Marxism, always goes hand in hand with Leftwing movements.

Remember @Michael Hardnersaying this:

Simplistic ideas, simply labelling things Marxist without trying to understand what that means, scare mongering

Yah, right. Your ilk labels themselves.

Edited by Great American

2 hours ago, Great American said:

I believe that Communism is alive and well and found a new home in the Climate Change movement, as well as a few other movements.

Anyone who thinks that the Soviet Communist machine with all its tentacles ad diehard adherent just walked off softly into the night is an idiot. It found hiding places and it plans its second rising.

Antifa members, see hammer and sickle?

Antifa-BLM-Communists.jpg

Climate change, note attack against capitalism

image.jpg

Ant-capitalism, i.e. Marxism, always goes hand in hand with Leftwing movements.

Remember @Michael Hardnersaying this:

Yah, right. Your ilk labels themselves.

Hmmm...

I still think it's on the down-swing. They've gone too fat and society is going to reign the Libbies in.