War In Ukraine

On 4/30/2023 at 9:02 PM, athos said:

Can you define what Canadian means?
Does a Canadian have a cultural and national identity?
Do Canadians have Canadian language?
Does Canada have its own head of state?
Can we agree that:
"Yet still British colony, Canada is spatially huge, culturally tiny and politically insignificant as well as founded on the genocide of indigenous people".

?

We Canadians have a federal State. We have two official federal languages.

We have no official culture. Canada is a multicultural State.

====

But this place Canada will exist much longer than the current State.  

Edited by August1991

14 hours ago, Contrarian said:

00germany-spies-01-lmwt-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp?

⬆️ Discreetly, Berlin Confronts Russian Spies Hiding in Plain Sight

For years, Germany seemed to tolerate even flagrant Russian operations on its soil. But a new Cold War-like chill has now made the snooping difficult to ignore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/02/world/europe/germany-russian-spies.html

• My opinion is that the Americans decided to start making a few phone calls, Germany allowed too much tolerance to FSB operations on their soil, and the Russians even had some allies within the government - is a theory, big communist dreamers of Eastern Germany dreaming of an alliance with Russia, they worked with Putin, have the same mind. 
  • So, glad that the Americans, if my theory is correct, are stepping into the middle of this and encouraging people to do their work. 

If I may ask, why do you hate Russian people so much?
Are you a Nazi or something?

?

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

We Canadians have a federal State. We have two official federal languages.

We have no official culture. Canada is a multicultural State.

====

But this place Canada will exist much longer than the current State.  

I am not talking about "official culture" but about cultural and national identity. You don't speak Canadian and you speak English or maybe French. Your head of state is the British monarch. you don't even have the status of a citizen but a "subject of his majesty" because you don't live in a sovereign country but a British colony.
In a sovereign country, it is unthinkable to have a foreign head of state unless the country is occupied or has colonial status. The Commonwealth is nothing but a new name for a modified British Empire. Will Hungary be considered a sovereign country if the Saudi king is its head of state?

12 minutes ago, athos said:

If I may ask, why do you hate Russian people so much?
Are you a Nazi or something?

?

Nazi?

Lemberg was once a wonderful, sophsticated, diverse city: like Montreal now in 2020s.

Lemburg is now "Lviv". It has no Poles. No Germans No Jews 

My father was a Newfoundlander.

31 minutes ago, athos said:

I am not talking about "official culture" but about cultural and national identity....

This place called Canada - the rocks and trees - will long last after the State.

I think Lise Payette (yes, her) said that we cannot take Quebec into the ocean.

======

To return to the OP, this stubborn war is foolish.

We in the West should not get involved.  

Edited by August1991

21 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Nazi?

Lemberg was once a wonderful, sophsticated, diverse city: like Montreal now in 2020s.

Lemburg is now "Lviv". It has no Poles. No Germans No Jews 

My father was a Newfoundlander.

I asked that question to Contrarian?
But that's okay, this question also applies to all Russophobes.
At least you gave me a pretty honest answer.

31 minutes ago, athos said:

I asked that question to Contrarian?
But that's okay, this question also applies to all Russophobes.
At least you gave me a pretty honest answer.

I am not a Russophobe.

Rather, I am a Slavophile.

===

Learning a language is difficult. Verbs. Time. English has past participles. I was talking to my friend when she phoned.

Slavic languages have the perfective - completing an action.

In English (and French), we search something - then we find it. We have no way to explain the difference.

====

Between a woman and man, millennia ago, imagine how humans created language.

Kubrick imagined violence

Jacobs imagined deals, in a city. 

Edited by August1991

Well well well...it seems a lot of the weapons sent to Ukraine,  have been blown up by Russian bombing.

It also looks like the Howitzers the Germans sent, are now literally stuck in the mud.

So much for the great spring offensive.

In other news...corporations from NATO nations are now rebranding themselves...and re-opening for business in Russia. Adidas and Rebok among them.

Also...and this is exciting...Holland has started their land grab campaign. Just think of it Libbies. All that bull shit...gone...and all the inflation and starvation this will cause. Isn't this just wonderful?

Ya pack o' jack-asses...

19 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Is this opinion?! any links and information towards this text? or you don't deal in that currency?

The Contrarian wants to check your work.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/2/russia-ukraine-war-list-of-key-events-day-433

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/01/ukraine-ammunition-depot-reportedly-hit-in-wave-of-russian-missile-attacks

And about business in Russia...

https://www.rt.com/business/575656-adidas-selling-russia-business/

Lol..."NATO and the EU are united...duh..."

Here's my take:

1)  The mission makes no sense for Ukraine.  If Putin is killed, a like-minded ultra-nationalist takes his place, and the Russians are thereafter motivated and angry about the Ukraine war, whereas right now they're obviously not enthusiastic. 

Not only that, but they anger the Americans and other supporters, who they need.  

2) It's a complete failure and accomplished absolutely nothing, despite being launched against and reaching the (presumably) most secure facility in Russia.  Do we believe that the Ukrainians had the sophistication to evade air defenses and get there, but not to deliver a payload or actually hit the target it was literally right on top of?  There's a contradiction there in my mind, but then it's conceivable that the vaunted Russian air defense is so rinky-dink that a rinky-dink attack gets through. 

3) False-flags are one of the oldest tricks in the book for Russia.  It was their pretext for invading Finland in 1939.  Prior to the invasion in 2022, Russian media was promoting false-flags almost hourly, promoting garbage doctored videos about the Ukrainian army attack Russian troops in the Donbas.  A lot of this stuff isn't for impressing foreign audiences either.  It's usually more about the gullible donkey-men and Russian serviles at home. 

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

Just now, Moonbox said:

Here's my take:

1)  The mission makes no sense for Ukraine.  If Putin is killed, a like-minded ultra-nationalist takes his place, and the Russians are thereafter motivated and angry about the Ukraine war, whereas right now they're obviously not enthusiastic. 

2) It's a complete failure and accomplished absolutely nothing, despite being launched against and reaching the (presumably) most secure facility in Russia.  Do we believe that the Ukrainians had the sophistication to evade air defenses and get there, but not to deliver a payload or actually hit the target it was literally right on top of?  There's a contradiction there in my mind, but then it's conceivable that the vaunted Russian air defense is so rinky-dink that a rinky-dink attack gets through. 

3) False-flags are one of the oldest tricks in the book for Russia.  It was their pretext for invading Finland in 1939.  Prior to the invasion in 2022, Russian media was promoting false-flags almost hourly, promoting garbage doctored videos about the Ukrainian army attack Russian troops in the Donbas.  A lot of this stuff isn't for impressing foreign audiences either.  It's usually more about the gullible donkey-men and Russian serviles at home. 

Yeah  One of those rare times we agree pretty much 100 percent. This just doesn't make sense, and if it was a ukraine attack they'd probably own it.  But - it sounds like complete horsehockey.

• Like 1

CNN says the attack on the Kremlin was staged by the Russians to justify it
fierce attacks on Kiev and the elimination of Khazar Zelensky.

Which is in line with the decision for Zelensky to stay longer in Finland

FvNTOlhXoAIxXLT?format=jpg&name=small

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Tovarisch, please for the love of the Almighty, stop posting garbage and participate. 

What is the rumor in Russia? I have a personal debate going as you can see with 2 titans of this board. 

Do you have the video footage near the Kremlin?! Do some work, instead of those copy and pasting messages from the e-mail, please. ?

Medvedev: "After today's terrorist attack, there is nothing left but the physical elimination of Zelensky and his clique."
He doesn't even need to sign the act of unconditional surrender.
Not even Hitler, as you know, signed it. There will always be some sort of 'substitute' like President Zic Admiral Denitz..."

8 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Please. stop with Hitler. No need to try and brainwash me. 

The reports are conflicting, but the fact that the Pentagon is silent, tells me one thing: that they did not approve of this, or else they would come out to deny it right away. 

A bad move by some ultra-nationalists in Kyiv, and regardless of what comes from the media, in a few weeks, I have no doubt the real stuff will come out.

Personally, would not worry about Zelenskyy that much tovarisch, some ultra-nationalist Ukrainians are waiting in the shadow it seems.  

Yes, but as a committed Ukro Nazi, you are in desperate need of re-education. I am giving it to you for free.

?

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

This guy isn't here to debate.  He's a paid troll, posting copypasta.  

Well the fact is that you only offer your arrogant and no brain monologues that you want everyone to agree with.
It is far from a fair debate.

?