War In Ukraine

17 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Use your imagination. How would you feel about yourself?

NATO is 31 countries with a population of a billion citizens

including America

for a Canadian to call America "chickenshit" ?

it's honestly silly, Canada being totally reliant on America to do all the fighting & dying

who is the guy at the bar who can't fight for himself ?

who is the guy at the bar who relies on others to do his fighting for him ?

that's Canada, the most shameful military freeloader on the face of the earth

Canada, with a population of 38 million

can only deploy 3 rifle companies, 450 actual combat troops in the field at any time

and Canada relies on America to provide all the logistics even for that tiny contingent

just because Canada lists "Brigade Groups" on paper

doesn't mean those are actual combat ready formations

the actual force that the entire Canadian Army could support in the field, is just one battalion

Canada has 20 tanks, 30 Howitzers, no air defence, no logistics tail, no ammo, no rations

Canada is not even capable of supplying basic equipment to its own soldiers

Canada has shortages of uniforms, rucksacks, sleeping bags

Canada doesn't even do Peacekeeping anymore

Canada literally contributes nothing to collective security in any operational sense

Canada is a big cheerleader mind you, Canada is happy to cheerlead, but that's about it

there is no country in the world who is a bigger talker do nothing, than Canada

America does more fighting before 6am than Canada has done since World War Two

how do I feel about that ?

I feel embarrassment for Canada being an international laughing stock

I feel that Canada has contempt for its own military, throws its own soldiers under the bus

I feel like Canada is not even worth fighting for therein

I feel that the overwhelming majority of Canadians must feel the same way

since the Canadian military is in a state of collapse from a lack of recruits

I feel like Canada is not even a real country, rather just a collection of colonies

and like most colonials, Canadians expect some foreign power to fight all the wars for them

I wouldn't call Canadians "chickenshit",  I've known many brave Canadians

none the less, Canada is a federation of bureaucrats, not warriors

thus I feel that if you are going to fight, then fight for America

Americans being the only people actually willing to fight to defend Canada

Sua Sponte

Edited by Dougie93

23 hours ago, Nationalist said:

If Russia were to invade Canada, they'd likely go through Alaska. I would die fighting...once they passed Alaska, I suppose. There are worse ways to die.

so Canada is a suicide pact

do nothing, prepare for nothing, dismantle your own military

then die pointlessly when you are overrun therein

On 4/18/2023 at 11:04 AM, Nationalist said:

There are worse ways to die.

indeed

such as leaving Russian & Chinese aggression unchecked at the earliest opportunity

resulting in the outbreak of the Third World War

eventually inciting an interpolar thermonuclear exchange

upon which the strontium-90 falls back down on Canada as a black rain

then it's not just you who dies

your family dies, your wife, your children, everybody you've ever loved or even known

and they die horribly, slowly, untreated, no medical attention, of bone cancer

again, I would rather fight with America to check the Russians & Chinese to deter that outcome preemptively

when I predicted this war on an American forum back in 2012

I predicted that the Russians would take East Ukraine all the way to the banks of the Dnieper

then NATO would move into West Ukraine

and we would be back to frozen conflict, Cold War Two on the Inner Ukrainian Border

what did I get wrong ?

I vastly overrated the Russian air force

I wrongly assumed the Russian air force would quickly impose air superiority

but somewhat shockingly, the Russian air force turned out to be a paper tiger

hence the best the Russians can do is a land bridge from Donetsk to a foothold in Kherson

thus is the Inner Ukrainian Border

still a frozen conflict, still Cold War Two

but with the Russians left in a very tenuous situation

and NATO moving into West Ukraine slowly but surely

worst case scenario is still the Russians checked at the earliest opportunity, nowhere to go from there

while Ukraine has the time and space to become the more powerful of the two forces eventually

eventually Ukraine will become a NATO proxy which will menace the Kremlin in Moscow itself

Slava Ukraini, Geroyim Slava

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

when I predicted this war on an American forum back in 2012

I predicted that the Russians would take East Ukraine all the way to the banks of the Dnieper

then NATO would move into West Ukraine

and we would be back to frozen conflict, Cold War Two on the Inner Ukrainian Border

what did I get wrong ?

Most of it.

The russians took far more than east ukraine - they were then pushed BACK to east ukraine and south ukraine. So that was wrong .

Nato has not moved into ukraine. So that was wrong.

The conflict isn't really very frozen at all - both sides are attempting to move the lines every day. it's a fluid situation.

A better question is what did you get right? Well.. there IS a war so if you predicted there would be you nailed it. (everyone predicted it but still, take credit where it's due). Everything else you got wrong tho.

there's no fluidity without air superioty

neither side has it

so it has become a stalemate in the trenches artillery duel

unless NATO gives Ukraine F-16's and the munitions to go with them

this front is not going to move significantly in either direction

it's still a victory for Ukraine, considering the Russian objective was to annex Ukraine in it's entirely

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

there's no fluidity without air superioty

Of course there is. It shows a complete lack of education for you to say that. They didn't have air superiority during the last ukrainain offensive and they took back MASSIVE amounts of land and destroyed or captured a huge amount of russian equipment and supplies. It was EXTREMELY fluid.

So was the whole southern region around kersk for quite a while.

Since day one it's been very fluid, it's just the last few months over winter that things were more static and that probably wont' last long.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

it's still a victory for Ukraine, considering the Russian objective was to annex Ukraine in it's entirely

Arguably true - although many on their side would say losing that much land still a loss, it's just a mitigated loss.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

. They didn't have air superiority during the last ukrainain offensive and they took back MASSIVE amounts of land and destroyed or captured a huge amount of russian equipment and supplies. It was EXTREMELY fluid.

it wasn't massive amounts of territory

they pushed the Russians back marginally in Kherson and from Khavkiv

it didn't alter the theatre situation at all

the Russians still hold Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhia and most of Kherson

the Russians still have their land bridge to Crimea

unless the Ukrainians can sever the land bridge to Crimea, the Russians can hold here indefintely

but the Ukranians cannot drive deep behind the Russians lines without NATO air power

and so far, NATO has declined to provide that arm of decision

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

it wasn't massive amounts of territory

More than Six THOUSAND square Km.  Dozens and dozens of towns and cities retaken. Sorry sparky. that's massive.

And that does NOT include the later kherson victories which were substantial.

The fact you would pretend that much land is just insignificant, and that taking kherson means nothing, shows you're utterly unqualified to speak on military matters.

Just now, CdnFox said:

More than Six THOUSAND square Km.  Dozens and dozens of towns and cities retaken. Sorry sparky. that's massive.

And that does NOT include the later kherson victories which were substantial.

The fact you would pretend that much land is just insignificant, and that taking kherson means nothing, shows you're utterly unqualified to speak on military matters.

the land taken did not alter the course of the conflict

Ukraine is still stuck in a stalemate in the trenches

the Russians are too

neither side can drive deep into the others territory

again, because neither side has air superiority to allow them to conduct air land battle

back in the Second World War, the Germans invented air land battle

the coordination of air power with land forces linked by radio

at the time it was called "Blitzkrieg"

America simply adopted this concept of operations

the Pentagon changing the name of it to Air Land Battle

although the Pentagon is progressing beyond Air Land Battle now

the new doctrine is called Multi Domain Operations

everything is coordinated under Multi Domain Operaton

land, sea, air, space, cyberspace, in MUM-T : Manned Unmanned Teaming

at the end of the day tho

Multi Domain Operations is simply a 21st century version of Blitzkrieg

it's a lightning war by coordination

and that is the primary weakness of the Russians

they don't fight in combined arms

perhaps the Soviets could have, but these Russians just ain't the Soviets

the Russians don't fight as a coordinated force with all their assets coming together with synergy

and that is how the Ukrainians are able to thwart the mass of the Russians

the Russians don't have the training, technology, nor leadership to overwhelm their opponent in one fell swoop

hence they have been diverted into a stalemate quagmire in the trenches

and there is nothing the Russians can do to fix it

their training is more like hazing than training, they conscript cannon fodder by design

their technology is 1980's tech, forty years out of date

their leadership does not allow mission command, everything is run centrally from the top

the Ukrainians meanwhile, are learning and adopting NATO doctrine at a rapid pace

the Ukrainians have the training, they have the leadership, they have the mission command

but they don't have the technology, which is the only reason the Russians can impose a stalemate

the Ukrainians are the true Cossack nation, they are the better warriors by far, it's not even close

Edited by Dougie93

32 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

at the end of the day tho

Multi Domain Operations is simply a 21st century version of Blitzkrieg

it's a lightning war by coordination

and that is the primary weakness of the Russians

they don't fight in combined arms

perhaps the Soviets could have, but these Russians just ain't the Soviets

the Russians don't fight as a coordinated force with all their assets coming together with synergy

and that is how the Ukrainians are able to thwart the mass of the Russians

the Russians don't have the training, technology, nor leadership to overwhelm their opponent in one fell swoop

hence they have been diverted into a stalemate quagmire in the trenches

and there is nothing the Russians can do to fix it

their training is more like hazing than training, they conscript cannon fodder by design

their technology is 1980's tech, forty years out of date

their leadership does not allow mission command, everything is run centrally from the top

the Ukrainians meanwhile, are learning and adopting NATO doctrine at a rapid pace

the Ukrainians have the training, they have the leadership, they have the mission command

but they don't have the technology, which is the only reason the Russians can impose a stalemate

the Ukrainians are the true Cossack nation, they are the better warriors by far, it's not even close

So you're saying you don't understand it and you couldn't answer me.

Fair enough - i think everyone knew you didnt' know what you were talking about.

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

NATO is 31 countries with a population of a billion citizens

including America

for a Canadian to call America "chickenshit" ?

it's honestly silly, Canada being totally reliant on America to do all the fighting & dying

who is the guy at the bar who can't fight for himself ?

who is the guy at the bar who relies on others to do his fighting for him ?

that's Canada, the most shameful military freeloader on the face of the earth

Canada, with a population of 38 million

can only deploy 3 rifle companies, 450 actual combat troops in the field at any time

and Canada relies on America to provide all the logistics even for that tiny contingent

just because Canada lists "Brigade Groups" on paper

doesn't mean those are actual combat ready formations

the actual force that the entire Canadian Army could support in the field, is just one battalion

Canada has 20 tanks, 30 Howitzers, no air defence, no logistics tail, no ammo, no rations

Canada is not even capable of supplying basic equipment to its own soldiers

Canada has shortages of uniforms, rucksacks, sleeping bags

Canada doesn't even do Peacekeeping anymore

Canada literally contributes nothing to collective security in any operational sense

Canada is a big cheerleader mind you, Canada is happy to cheerlead, but that's about it

there is no country in the world who is a bigger talker do nothing, than Canada

America does more fighting before 6am than Canada has done since World War Two

how do I feel about that ?

I feel embarrassment for Canada being an international laughing stock

I feel that Canada has contempt for its own military, throws its own soldiers under the bus

I feel like Canada is not even worth fighting for therein

I feel that the overwhelming majority of Canadians must feel the same way

since the Canadian military is in a state of collapse from a lack of recruits

I feel like Canada is not even a real country, rather just a collection of colonies

and like most colonials, Canadians expect some foreign power to fight all the wars for them

I wouldn't call Canadians "chickenshit",  I've known many brave Canadians

none the less, Canada is a federation of bureaucrats, not warriors

thus I feel that if you are going to fight, then fight for America

Americans being the only people actually willing to fight to defend Canada

Sua Sponte

Be that as it may...I asked how you would feel...not what Canada can and cannot do.

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

so Canada is a suicide pact

do nothing, prepare for nothing, dismantle your own military

then die pointlessly when you are overrun therein

We do what we believe we must as individuals. Canada is surely too progressive but I can only vote once.

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

indeed

such as leaving Russian & Chinese aggression unchecked at the earliest opportunity

resulting in the outbreak of the Third World War

eventually inciting an interpolar thermonuclear exchange

upon which the strontium-90 falls back down on Canada as a black rain

then it's not just you who dies

your family dies, your wife, your children, everybody you've ever loved or even known

and they die horribly, slowly, untreated, no medical attention, of bone cancer

again, I would rather fight with America to check the Russians & Chinese to deter that outcome preemptively

Preemptive strikes...war...huh. Nope. Can't stretch it that far. This is such a multi-layered issue that nomatter what is done, someone and something suffers. Nations...people...economies...

I smell a situation brewing that is directing the major powers to duke it out. The risk of that producing your black rain, is too high to be followed through on.

It's what I would classify as a "bad" idea.

Edited by Nationalist

On 4/13/2023 at 4:27 PM, BeaverFever said:

Wow you are a nutjob. When writing your insane made-up nonsense did it even occur to you that China and North Korea are publicly supporting and supplying Russia ?

That is what I said somewhere above. Russia is getting military equipment and bullets from those countries. So, Putin has all the time in the world to oust Nazi Zelensky. According to the other side of the story, Russia is kicking Zelensky's butt. Too bad, so sad. ?

On 4/13/2023 at 4:40 PM, CdnFox said:

Uhhh - the weird Japanese anime evil villain laugh is probably not helping your "i'm sane" case :)

It would appear as though you live in that weird Japanese anime world. Ah, so! I believe that the more I debate with you the more I will start to lose my sanity. You lefty liberals seem to have that effect on sane and normal people. Just saying, lefty.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 4:47 PM, CdnFox said:

What is it with you and weird fixations on men wearing soiled panties? Seems an odd thing for you to fantasize about. Is there something you'd like to tell the class? We're not here to judge....

In any case i'm pretty content with the war. I would have preferred no war but there was never any chance of that - sooner or later putin was going to take a swing at them.

Do you actually twist your moustache when you laugh like that? :)   Seriously dude that's creepy :)

At this point it doesn't matter all that much who 'wins' - russia has lost either and that's good news for us. It would be nice if ukraine was a thorn in his side for a while longer, and was a threat after this war was done.

Nope. Doesn't look like anyone's giving him much of anything. And that's going to be a problem.

Because they're all dead now you mean? Sure - but they WERE screaming before they died for more artillery shells.

Seriously dude- stop thinking so much about my butt and my underwear.  I'm flattered but  hell no.

(1) Terrible comeback, comrade. Anyway, I only have a fixation on women's panties. I love removing them! I will bet that removing men's undies is your fixation. My class now knows that little tidbit! But we do not judge people like you. Enjoy what you do. LOL.

(2) I don't know why? There are plenty of innocent people dying in Ukraine these days. You must be a sadist? Zelensky asked for and got his war. Now his arse is getting the boot from the Russians. Ha-ha.

(3) I do not have a mustache. Serious, dude. 

(4) Sure it matters who wins. If Putin wins, it will be peace for Ukraine once again. In war, there are plenty of casualties on both sides. The loser in this war is Nazi Zelensky. Live with it, lefty. 

(5) Russia is getting plenty of help from other countries. Putin can keep the war going for as long as it takes to defeat the corrupt Nazi Zelensky. Poor old Zelensky has a big problem on his corrupt Nazi hands. 

(6) Who says they are all dead? You? And how would you know that when you are not even there? No fear, dear. I am pretty sure that they are getting all the ammo that they need thanks to china and other western countries. 

(7) Seriously dude. The only thing that I can see that I would like to do to your lefty liberal butt is to give it the old conservative butt kick. ?

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 6:04 PM, Aristides said:

He sure as hell doesn't now, Finland is in NATO.

Personally, I do really believe that you know nothing at all about anything. Just my opinion of course. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Preemptive strikes...war...huh. Nope. Can't stretch it that far. This is such a multi-layered issue that nomatter what is done, someone and something suffers. Nations...people...economies...

I smell a situation brewing that is directing the major powers to duke it out. The risk of that producing your black rain, is too high to be followed through on.

It's what I would classify as a "bad" idea.

nobody initiates an interpolar thermonuclear exchange intentionally

that only happens in the fog & friction of war at the brink

by misapprehension, miscalculation and/or mistake