War In Ukraine

10 hours ago, athos said:

Britain sends soldiers in Ukraine.

The warmongers take us just one step closer,

and now the duped, a-historic masses are ready to stand in line.

Western Progs have always needed war, routinely.

To give their economy a quickening

and pay for all their excesses,

the comforts of modern technological living.

Ukraine is just an excuse...

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

What BS. The video is about a former British soldier. Vets from many countries have volunteered to fight alongside Ukrainians, including Canadians.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So an ex british soldier goes to help out on his own accord and that's somehow the 'warmongers taking us a step closer'.

I wish i had two heads like yours, i could have endless fun banging them together.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

What BS. The video is about a former British soldier. Vets from many countries have volunteered to fight alongside Ukrainians, including Canadians.

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So an ex british soldier goes to help out on his own accord and that's somehow the 'warmongers taking us a step closer'.

I wish i had two heads like yours, i could have endless fun banging them together.

Here's about all you guys have to say about this-

"Yay for the war in Ukraine!"

Because after all, it's elsewhere.... And that behooves the war-mongering technocratic classes.  (IE, you)

Because faster internet...

cheaper cell phones...

and ever bigger big-screen TV's...

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Here's about all you guys have to say about this-

"Yay for the war in Ukraine!"

Because after all, it's elsewhere.... And that behooves the war-mongering technocratic classes.  (IE, you)

Because faster internet...

cheaper cell phones...

and ever bigger big-screen TV's...

So we point out that you said something that made zero sense and somehow that's us cheerleading for ukraine

I suppose that would be true if you were a russian plant or something spreading disinformation, then disagreeing with you would sort of be like supporting the ukraine but that would only make sense if you were....  oh wait......   gotcha. Well - you have a good day comrade :)

28 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You'd be lucky to have half my brain power. You could say a lot more with far fewer words.

Maybe even get a job and get off welfare,

instead of hanging out in this forum all day flooding it with your complete and uninteresting drivel...

11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You'd be lucky to have half my brain power.

Well maybe - they DO say ignorance is bliss so i might like it.

You could say a lot more with far fewer words.

You could say something useful with thinking.

Maybe even get a job and get off welfare,

why should i follow YOUR dreams?

instead of hanging out in this forum all day flooding it with your complete and uninteresting drivel...

ROFLMAO ;)  sure kid, that's why you respond so often LOL!

I can understand why you'd wish intelligent people who can make actual arguments would go away - that whole truth and facts and thinking thing really cramps your style

34 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

The criminal above, Putin, also today, warns of so called 'serious' escalation in Ukraine if Britain sends Kyiv armour-piercing ammunition containing depleted uranium, reports Agence France Presse.

Yawn.  Wake me up if there's a day when he DOESN'T"T threaten  serious escalation.

• Like 1

While you people are bandying it about over nonsense, there was a statement today issued from Vlad Putin and Xi Jinping:

The Russian side positively assesses the objective and unbiased position of the Chinese side on the Ukrainian question. Both parties are opposed to any states and their blocs damaging the legitimate security interests of other states in order to obtain military, political and other advantages.

The Chinese side positively assesses the willingness of the Russian side to make efforts to restart peace talks as soon as possible. Russia welcomes China's readiness to play a positive role in a political-diplomatic settlement of the Ukrainian crisis, and the constructive ideas set forth in the document drawn up by the Chinese side "On China's Position on the Political Settlement of the Ukrainian Crisis."

In other words the new and rising world power has stepped in to put a halt to the west's latest mad ambition to go to war for fun and profit.

This could be bad news for all you drooling warmongers...

Not to worry. They'll still put out the war video games...

Edited by OftenWrong

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

In other words the new and rising world power has stepped in to put a halt to the west's latest mad ambition to go to war for fun and profit.

The US already won that war.  They've profited immensely and even if ukraine fell today that wouldn't change. They gained a hell of  a lot.

So - that's not why china is looking to step in. Did you want to take another crack at it and see if you can guess? or did you want it explained to you? It's no shame if you're unsophisticated enough in world  politics not to get it on your own.

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

This war has made other nations consolidate their power together.  China, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Iran are banding together.  There's talk of Saudi, who has only ever accepted the US dollar for their oil, making arrangements to accept the yuan as their currency of choice.

The West is getting frozen out.

Canada is getting frozen out of the West.

20 minutes ago, Goddess said:

This war has made other nations consolidate their power together.  China, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Iran are banding together.  There's talk of Saudi, who has only ever accepted the US dollar for their oil, making arrangements to accept the yuan as their currency of choice.

The West is getting frozen out.

Canada is getting frozen out of the West.

China won't be 'banding' with anyone. They don't share power. At most they'll accept they can't seize full power just yet

You'll note they didn't give the russians a lot of arms. A tiny trickle and now it's all about peace talks. And saudi won't be giving its' relationship up with the us anytime soon. They'll dance with china hoping the us will get a little jealous and sweeten things for them (maybe buy some flowers) and that will be that.

THat doesn't make the situaton harmless - but there's no chance of the west getting "frozen out" of anything just yet. China's doing this because they're afraid THEY are about to be frozen out and need to open new markets, and russia is about to become a very willing buyer of critical components for all kinds of weapons and other goods.

9 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, you said, Ukrainians had it good during the Soviet Union and people got along. I do not manipulate information that bad, like you do with Covid-19 and other conspiracies which you come up with. Not in that game, grow up. 

Maybe I said that, maybe I didn't. Who gives a sheat?

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Well, I will give you the copy and paste PART of the response I gave you then, so I can show your ignorance: 

• Stalinist regime responsible for deaths of millions of Ukrainians in the 1930s; many persecuted and executed during Soviet purges. Economy plagued by mismanagement, corruption, and inefficiency; widespread shortages of food, consumer goods, and housing. No political freedom or rights; Communist Party controlled all aspects of life; dissent not tolerated.Soviet Union attempted to suppress Ukrainian culture and language; Ukrainians had to fight to preserve their language and traditions while trying to be erased by the masters at the Kremlin. 

Yes, that was 100 years ago. Lot's of bad things were happening back then.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Yah, again, can not hold his ground with logic, data and talks about "showers and tent city."  Which is great, it allows me to respond and dismantle your low graded messages.

Keep the tent option for you, that is for people who can not adapt into this society, like you, which says Ukrainians had it good during the Soviet Times. ?

The internet delivers yet again. Keep posting or maybe go learn something. In order to be arrogant, you need to have knowledge which yours is in the negative when it comes to international geopolitics.  ?

You somehow think I support the Soviet Union. Perhaps you are not very bright?

;) 

10 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

All I know is you think you are very smart, but you lack knowledge and understanding of basic geopolitics issues. 

and instead of having the humility to learn, you resort to name calling about "Showers" and "Tent Cities". 

It's OK to be arrogant, I have this issue too, but you need to stand on knowledge. That knowledge is acquired through learning or direct experiences. Highly doubt you have any when it comes to geopolitical international issues. 

So that's why you don't like me and I don't like you. Which I already explained before, but you missed that one. Perhaps I am smarter than you. Most likely, since I do not live in a tent in the bush.