War In Ukraine

The Russians bombarded Ukraine yesterday. They reportedly knocked out even more infrastructure and crippled Ukraine even further.

So have a nice day Ukrainians. Perhaps it's time to consider new leadership? I mean...I'm sure some electricity would ne nice...right about now...

10 hours ago, Contrarian said:

IMPORTANT NOTE  -  This was quoted from Contrarian's post but is NOT what HE said.

Zelensky saying that the USA is going to have to send their daughters and sons to fight in Ukraine.

That is not what he said. His quote is taken brutally out of context.  Essentially what he said is if ukraine falls then the us will wind up fighting a war in europe because russia won't stop there. So if you don't want your sons and daughters to fight a war, you better make sure we win.

He didn't say that american should send soldiers to help ukraine right now.

Edited by CdnFox

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

So have a nice day Ukrainians. Perhaps it's time to consider new leadership? I mean...I'm sure some electricity would ne nice...right about now...

So you would have given in to hitler in ww2 for example?

You realize the 'new leadership' you're talking about them considering is putin right? Boy - you sure want to see ukraine fall to the russians.  I don't think you get how much closer to ww3 that will bring us.

30 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

What are you talking about?

I think you wanted to quote the KGB man. = )

Well probably - but it's early and my blood sugar is low :)  I didn't really care who i quoted, it was that line that i wanted to point out was inaccurate.

That was my point exactly. Exactly like yours.

Well great minds etc etc

The FSB is running disinformation was my point.

Quite likely. It's not an accident that the misquote sped around so fast.

Why are you quoting me with that text?

I quoted the text. I didn't say you did it.  Easy tiger :)

Those were not my words.

ok - ok - we get it, nobody is blaming you.  I happened to quote it from your post without thinking it would say it was from your post.  No ill intent. Mea Culpa already  :)

I went back and put a disclaimer.

Edited by CdnFox

52 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So you would have given in to hitler in ww2 for example?

You realize the 'new leadership' you're talking about them considering is putin right? Boy - you sure want to see ukraine fall to the russians.  I don't think you get how much closer to ww3 that will bring us.

I don't think you can see the future.

I also don't think that sliver of ethnic Russian Ukraine, is worth the risk of WWIII.

I also think Hitler is dead and WWII is long over now. You should get over it.

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't think you can see the future.

If you put a period in the middle of that senence, then both of the new ones would be correct :) (ziinnnggg!)

I also don't think that sliver of ethnic Russian Ukraine, is worth the risk of WWIII.

It's the whole ukraine. Lets not lie. Russia didn't drive on the 'thin sliver' of ukraine, they drove for Kyiv. They wanted the whole country.

People didn't think crimea was worth a war.  So they gave it up to prevent war. Now we have a war. If we give up more to prevent war guess what happens next.  And that one could easily be worse.

Appeasement has NEVER stopped more wars.  Ever. In the history of man. You're saying "it has always been this way for 3000 years but this time i'm sure it'll be different. "

In order to see the future, you have to be willing to learn from the past.

I also think Hitler is dead and WWII is long over now. You should get over it.

And you miss him? You want to bring him back and you feel putin is close enough? Is that why you're so pro-russian? Come to think of it they don't like gays or jews either. You may have a point there.

28 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It's the whole ukraine. Lets not lie. Russia didn't drive on the 'thin sliver' of ukraine, they drove for Kyiv. They wanted the whole country.

People didn't think crimea was worth a war.  So they gave it up to prevent war. Now we have a war. If we give up more to prevent war guess what happens next.  And that one could easily be worse.

Appeasement has NEVER stopped more wars.  Ever. In the history of man. You're saying "it has always been this way for 3000 years but this time i'm sure it'll be different. "

In order to see the future, you have to be willing to learn from the past.

And you miss him? You want to bring him back and you feel putin is close enough? Is that why you're so pro-russian? Come to think of it they don't like gays or jews either. You may have a point there.

I never knew Hitler. So I can't miss him. I doubt I'd have liked him much though. I'm not good with bloated, presumptuous personalities. Nor am I pro anything except peace and common sense.

Has Russia said they were going to attack any NATO signatories?

In order for most of the human race to survive, perhaps we should quit being fcking stupid?

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I never knew Hitler. So I can't miss him.

Sure you can.  People often never meet their idols and yet still miss them. I miss Jim Henson, never knew him.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not good with bloated, presumptuous personalities. Nor am I pro anything except peace and common sense.

Yet you advocate for putin religiously who is the definition of a bloated presumptious personality,  and who is a purveyor of war.  Which makes no common sense.

I'm sorry but you can't erase the dozens of posts you have made in favor of russia  like that. It is OBVIOUS that is NOT your position.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Has Russia said they were going to attack any NATO signatories?

Who cares? They insisted they weren't going to attack the ukraine until they actually did. The embassador for russia did an interview in Canada just  a week or so before and absolutely insisted there was no invasion coming, that the troop movements were normal every day stuff, etc.

So what we know is that if the russians are saying they won't invade, they probably intend to invade.

There's no defense of your position. There really isn't. You're sticking up for a violent evil man and pretending his war is justified and that we would be better to side with him and be russias ally and the us's enemy instead of the way it is now. You justify the deaths of innocent children and women and CLAIM to be afraid of nuclear war while demanding a policy that would lead us much closer to that.

That is what you have done. I know you get mad when that gets pointed out and start calling people names but it is the absolute truth. And you need to think about what kind of person that makes you.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure you can.  People often never meet their idols and yet still miss them. I miss Jim Henson, never knew him.

Yet you advocate for putin religiously who is the definition of a bloated presumptious personality,  and who is a purveyor of war.  Which makes no common sense.

I'm sorry but you can't erase the dozens of posts you have made in favor of russia  like that. It is OBVIOUS that is NOT your position.

Who cares? They insisted they weren't going to attack the ukraine until they actually did. The embassador for russia did an interview in Canada just  a week or so before and absolutely insisted there was no invasion coming, that the troop movements were normal every day stuff, etc.

So what we know is that if the russians are saying they won't invade, they probably intend to invade.

There's no defense of your position. There really isn't. You're sticking up for a violent evil man and pretending his war is justified and that we would be better to side with him and be russias ally and the us's enemy instead of the way it is now. You justify the deaths of innocent children and women and CLAIM to be afraid of nuclear war while demanding a policy that would lead us much closer to that.

That is what you have done. I know you get mad when that gets pointed out and start calling people names but it is the absolute truth. And you need to think about what kind of person that makes you.

I'm advocating for peace. You warmongers consistently accuse anyone who is not in favour of NATO entering this war, as advocating or supporting Putin. Are you all really that simple? Let me put this in the simplest terms I can for you. I could give a rat's ass what Putin does with Ukraine. I think the 2 of them deserve each other. I think Putin is a good representation of Russian leadership (not that I'd enjoy such a society but...they are what they are) and I think Zelinsky is a borderline facsist who's cashing in on all the free stuff we keep sending. Rather inline with the reputation and BTW, the reason Ukraine is not now a NATO signatory.

If you have some need to carry a fear for Russia, that's your business. Personally...I fear nuclear war and I would loath that it happened over a skirmish between 2 nations we have no alliances with.

20 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm advocating for peace.

You're not advocating for peace. That's been discussed a great deal  and not just by me. You're advocating for further conflict.

Those who are standing up to the violent bully putin are advocating for peace. Those who support putin are advocating for war - he started the war entirely.

21 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

anyone who is not in favour of NATO entering this war,

Not one person has advocated for nato entering the war here. Not one. Hell even outside of this discussion not even Zelanski has been suggesting nato should get involved.

If you have to lie to make your point, then you probably don't have much of a point.

23 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I think Putin is a good representation of Russian leadership

That would be the guy who started the war. You praise him, call him a good leader for the russians, then claim to be anto-war. That's a direct contradiction.

You don't fear nuclear war in the slightest. It's become obvious it's a cover for your pro-russian position. "OH We should support russia because then there will be no nuclear war".   What a load of crap.

Your problem is you speak the quiet part out loud too often without thinking. You praise putin, you suggest Canada should be their ally not the states. You suggest that Putin was justified in this war. You pretend he wasn't trying to capture all of ukraine etc.

And THEN when you get called on that, you try to backtrack and cover it by claiming you JUST want PEACE!!! (For god's sake, think of the children!!!)  THAT"S why you think all those things. Why it was ok for Putin to bomb and kill innocent kids and women and attack a neighbor who did nothing to them.

Honestly. Those things are not reconcilable. It's clear you're not being honest. Peace is not your biggest concern. If it was you'd have an answer to the chamberlin effect issue.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You're not advocating for peace. That's been discussed a great deal  and not just by me. You're advocating for further conflict.

Those who are standing up to the violent bully putin are advocating for peace. Those who support putin are advocating for war - he started the war entirely.

Not one person has advocated for nato entering the war here. Not one. Hell even outside of this discussion not even Zelanski has been suggesting nato should get involved.

If you have to lie to make your point, then you probably don't have much of a point.

That would be the guy who started the war. You praise him, call him a good leader for the russians, then claim to be anto-war. That's a direct contradiction.

You don't fear nuclear war in the slightest. It's become obvious it's a cover for your pro-russian position. "OH We should support russia because then there will be no nuclear war".   What a load of crap.

Your problem is you speak the quiet part out loud too often without thinking. You praise putin, you suggest Canada should be their ally not the states. You suggest that Putin was justified in this war. You pretend he wasn't trying to capture all of ukraine etc.

And THEN when you get called on that, you try to backtrack and cover it by claiming you JUST want PEACE!!! (For god's sake, think of the children!!!)  THAT"S why you think all those things. Why it was ok for Putin to bomb and kill innocent kids and women and attack a neighbor who did nothing to them.

Honestly. Those things are not reconcilable. It's clear you're not being honest. Peace is not your biggest concern. If it was you'd have an answer to the chamberlin effect issue.

As I said...your pushing for war. Thus you're a war monger.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

As I said...your pushing for war. Thus you're a war monger.

Yes - but repeating a lie doesn't make it true no matter how many times you say it.

Putin was the one pushing for war. You support putin.

I'm pushing for this to be the last war.  I didn't want it, i didn't start it, i don't support the people who did want it and did start it, and i want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

There is no possible justification for your support of a person who started the war, killed innocent people. and attempted to overthrow a neighbor to expand his empire. And there is NO reconcilling that position with any kind of support for peace.

It would seem that you prefer war - provided the russians start it and the allies let them win without much of a fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Yep. They've all swallowed the Big Brother slogan " War is peace".

And you've yet to explain how peace didn't stop a war that we now have. Let me guess - you were against fighting back over Crimea because if we just let the russians have it that'll be the end of it.

Hope you can get enough soap to wash that blood off your hands.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And you've yet to explain how peace didn't stop a war that we now have. Let me guess - you were against fighting back over Crimea because if we just let the russians have it that'll be the end of it.

Hope you can get enough soap to wash that blood off your hands.

I explained how and why this war started, and it had nothing to do with peace.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I explained how and why this war started, and it had nothing to do with peace.

No you excused the war with dishonestly and lies.  Even russia never claimed it was about nato. And nato wanted nothing to do with ukraine.

The war started because putin wanted a war - and he wanted a war because he got crimea so easily that he thought he could bag ukraine with no interference as well.

Simple truth. And you want to cheer him on and praise him for it. While suggesting that even tho it didn't work last time if we just give  him what he wants it's BOUND to work this time!!!!  Appeasing his type hasn't worked a single time in 3000 years of human history but this time for sure.

Just as the blood of the dead in poland in ww2 and the subsequent dead of that conflict were on the hands of chamberlin and others like him, the blood of this conflict is 100 percent on putin and people like you who encourage him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

No you excused the war with dishonestly and lies.  Even russia never claimed it was about nato. And nato wanted nothing to do with ukraine.

The war started because putin wanted a war - and he wanted a war because he got crimea so easily that he thought he could bag ukraine with no interference as well.

Simple truth. And you want to cheer him on and praise him for it. While suggesting that even tho it didn't work last time if we just give  him what he wants it's BOUND to work this time!!!!  Appeasing his type hasn't worked a single time in 3000 years of human history but this time for sure.

Just as the blood of the dead in poland in ww2 and the subsequent dead of that conflict were on the hands of chamberlin and others like him, the blood of this conflict is 100 percent on putin and people like you who encourage him.

Bzzz... I don't have time to swat flies. Everything I said is verifiable.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Stop wasting time arguing. It is so obvious that Russia will win and the evil Anglo-Khazarian imperial mafia will be defeated either with Russia or by God. A new world order is on the horizon.

The best protection from manipulation is to use first principles of common sense logic. Can you label someone as anti-Semitic who criticizes non-Semites? "Who is going to direct our directors and who is going to protect us from our protectors"?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Yes - but repeating a lie doesn't make it true no matter how many times you say it.

Putin was the one pushing for war. You support putin.

I'm pushing for this to be the last war.  I didn't want it, i didn't start it, i don't support the people who did want it and did start it, and i want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

There is no possible justification for your support of a person who started the war, killed innocent people. and attempted to overthrow a neighbor to expand his empire. And there is NO reconcilling that position with any kind of support for peace.

It would seem that you prefer war - provided the russians start it and the allies let them win without much of a fight.

As long as we agree I suppose. I can't get behind " whoopee we all gonna die"

57 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Waaaaaaah - i don't have time to change diapers. Everything you said has already been verified as being wrong.  By several people.

So there you go.

Doesn't change the fact what I said is true and that you're a war mongering idjit

24 minutes ago, athos said:

Stop wasting time arguing. It is so obvious that Russia will win and the evil Anglo-Khazarian imperial mafia will be defeated either with Russia or by God. A new world order is on the horizon.

So. That whole 'sanity' thing wasn't working for you i take it.

Russia has already lost. Even if the ukrainan resistance collapsed today, the russians have lost an insane amount of manpower and critical amount of tanks and aircraft and ships and gear, much of which they just can't replace easily or timely, and their prestige has been absolutely slashed to ribbons. And even if they did take the ukraine right now they'd face insurgency that would make afghanistan look like a walk in the park, backed by the latest US weapons and support. a few years of that and they pull out in disgrace.  And that's their best case scenario 

There's really nothing russia can do to turn this into a victory at this point.

Meanwhile the allies and nato have all gotten to test out all their weapons for free, gotten old stock out of their arsenals and learned a bunch of new tactics and will be replenishing themselves with the latest and greatest while russia languishes and is a militarily depleted paper tiger.  They will have knocked russia out of the game for a few decades to come. Between sanctions and a struggling economy russia won't do much better than north korea.

They lost this hard. What a huge error on their part.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Doesn't change the fact what I said is true and that you're a war mongering idjit

Doesn't change the fact that repeating a lie doesn't make it true :)  LOL - listening to you repeat it so desperately like that, it sounds like you're just wishing somehow it could be true and praying to the communist gods that someone will believe you even if it isn't :)

Geez dude - everything you said was disproved. Have some dignity and don't wallow in it.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Don't be a moreon. We've all heard that one before. "This will be the last war, the war to end all wars", etc.

This war did not need to happen but was instigated by third parties. The same people who are telling you why the war happened, and what's going on over there. You people keep slurping up that BS like it's breakfast in the morning.

There is one way this will be the war to end all wars however, and that's if they light the big candles, which is what you actually want you f*ckin weasel!    ?