War In Ukraine

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Keep on dreaming, comrade. If Ukraine is winning the war then why does NATO, US and the EU always still have to keep supplying Ukraine with more tanks and other war weapons of destruction all the time if they are kicking Russia's ass? 

Because that's how they will win the war.  On the one side we have NATO, with something like 50% of the global economy backing Ukraine.  On the other side, we have shithole Russia, with a smaller economy than Canada's, supported by Iran and South Korea.  

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Sad to say that you listen way too much to the western media. And if anyone has the smarts, they should know by now that the western MSM like to lie and spread bull chit all the time. But believe what you want to believe and so will I.  

Ironic coming from someone parotting Russian state propaganda.  Doesn't get more clueless than that.    ?

Edited by Moonbox

Here's a report claiming Russia has averaged 800+ losses a day since the start of February. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64616099

Russian soldiers are dying in greater numbers in Ukraine this month than at any time since the first week of the invasion, according to Ukrainian data.

The Ukrainian data shows 824 Russian soldiers dying per day in February.

The figures were highlighted by the UK's Ministry of Defence. The figures cannot be verified - but the UK says the trends are "likely accurate".

The increase comes as Ukrainian officials say that Russia has launched a "big offensive".

However, the secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine (NSDC), Oleksiy Danilov, also said Russia is experiencing "big problems" with the campaign.

How can Russian morale be anything but awful. 

Here’s a report that says open war between Russia and the US is nearing.  Russian top officials are being quoted.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-diplomats-issue-dire-warnings-war-us-close

The Kremlin’s top diplomat has warned that Western involvement in Ukraine is nearing "the point of no return," accusing the United States and the NATO bloc of attempting to transform the country into a "Russophobic military stronghold." Meanwhile, Moscow’s UN envoy declared that all of Russia’s "red lines" have already been crossed. 

That you're getting your news from Zerohedge explains so, so much about you.  ?

Are you even following what's going on in Ukraine?  Russia's been saying this limp-dick shit March last year. 

"Javelin/NLAW supplies is an escalation!"

"Artillery and HIMARS is an escalation!  You're crossing a red line!"

"Patriot missiles are an escalation!  Now we're REALLY mad and you're REALLY crossing the red line!"

"AFVs are an even bigger escalation, and now you're REALLY REALLY crossing the red line!"

"Tanks are are an even even bigger escalation, and it makes us REALLY REALLY REALLY MAD!"  

The bark is there, the bite is not.  The Russian military is a joke.  Putin's threats are a joke.  You're a joke.  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

That you're getting your news from Zerohedge explains so, so much about you.  ?

Are you even following what's going on in Ukraine?  Russia's been saying this limp-dick shit March last year. 

"Javelin/NLAW supplies is an escalation!"

"Artillery and HIMARS is an escalation!  You're crossing a red line!"

"Patriot missiles are an escalation!  Now we're REALLY mad and you're REALLY crossing the red line!"

"AFVs are an even bigger escalation, and now you're REALLY REALLY crossing the red line!"

"Tanks are are an even even bigger escalation, and it makes us REALLY REALLY REALLY MAD!"  

The bark is there, the bite is not.  The Russian military is a joke.  Putin's threats are a joke.  You're a joke.  

Did you know that the Russians have a nuke carrying ship in the Atlantic somewhere off the coast of the continental US?

For my next joke, a Ruskie and a moonbat walk into a bar…

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Did you know that the Russians have a nuke carrying ship in the Atlantic somewhere off the coast of the continental US?

Did you know that Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world, and gave up all of their nuclear weapons for assurances of independence and protection?  

Of course you didn't, because you're as ignorant and clueless as they come.  

I wonder what Michael Burry has to say about all this.  ?

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Did you know that Ukraine used to be the third largest nuclear power in the world, and gave up all of their nuclear weapons for assurances of independence and protection?  

Of course you didn't, because you're as ignorant and clueless as they come.  

I wonder what Michael Burry has to say about all this.  ?

Sorry mate, you just got made.  Just trying too hard...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Michael Burry? why do people follow investors as Gods thinking they are successful as they are?! I thought capitalism is making your own way, not being a sheep. If I wanted to be a sheep, I could have gone to Communist China and applauded Xi which zero-hedge does already.

Sharkman's a know-nothing clown, dredging the internet and reposting stuff no matter where it comes from, often not even reading or watching it himself beyond the title.  He's one of those mysanthropic losers cheering for doom and carnage because deep down, he's really not happy with his place in the world.  

21 hours ago, sharkman said:

Here’s a report that says open war between Russia and the US is nearing.  Russian top officials are being quoted.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-diplomats-issue-dire-warnings-war-us-close

The Kremlin’s top diplomat has warned that Western involvement in Ukraine is nearing "the point of no return," accusing the United States and the NATO bloc of attempting to transform the country into a "Russophobic military stronghold." Meanwhile, Moscow’s UN envoy declared that all of Russia’s "red lines" have already been crossed. 

Okay, looks like the peanut gallery can’t do any critical thinking beyond what their media programming is.  

We are getting closer to all out war and all they can do is personal attacks, insults and harassment.  Still waiting for a serious response…

On 2/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, taxme said:

Keep on dreaming, comrade. If Ukraine is winning the war then why does NATO, US and the EU always still have to keep supplying Ukraine with more tanks and other war weapons of destruction all the time if they are kicking Russia's ass? 

Sad to say that you listen way too much to the western media. And if anyone has the smarts, they should know by now that the western MSM like to lie and spread bull chit all the time. But believe what you want to believe and so will I.  

Ah, here we go, I missed this due to all of the nonsense.  

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

With you, is different, because you know what you are doing is pure propaganda. 

Nah man.  He actually believes this stuff.  It is as I said in my last post - just a sad loser doing everything he can to cope with his unhappy reality.  

7 hours ago, Contrarian said:

This escalation would mean "serious consequences" for China,  the official warned.

I think it's past time for Ukraine's allies to start escalating things more seriously.  We should have troops on the ground in Ukraine providing humanitarian aid.

As for China, there's all sorts of places we  could begin laying sanctions against them.

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

Is this like the first Modern POTUS ever to visit an active warzone where the US didn't control the Airspace? I can't imagine FDR ever visited anywhere where the Allies didn't control the area.  

They gave Russia the heads up almost daring them to try something. 

The Yalta conference was held in Crimea but the Russians definitely controlled the area at the time.

11 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

More from the panicked KGB officer which now pretends to be President:

President Vladimir Putin announced that Russia is suspending its participation in the "New START" treaty, the last agreement in force between Moscow and Washington that limits nuclear arsenals of the two countries.

---> US Secretary of State Antony Blinken describes as "deeply unfortunate and irresponsible" Russia's decision to suspend participation in the "New Start" treaty, the last agreement that was in force between Moscow and Washington and which limits the nuclear arsenals of the two countries. 

(Reuters).

This is clearly evidence that the West must do whatever it can to appease Putin and stave off Nuclear War. 

That always works with these guys right? ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Crimea will be the line. If Crimea is reached, nuclear war then will be very possible. Once it gets close to the don of the Mafia, they will risk taking a lot of people out to protect themselves.

I can see why you feel that way and it's possible, but honestly i doubt it.  There are serious power fractures inside Russia. And it's not like putin can fire off nukes on his own.

I think if they start to lose crimea then we'll see some serious efforts at regime change at home, and nobody will be interested in sparking a nuclear war.

Russia's new offensive is not going well, there's rumors that they will do a major aviation blitz to try to break through in the next 1 - 4 weeks. We'll see.  If they can't make it happen then Ukraine will get it's chance at an offensive in about 2-3 months. We will see how much they can manage to take back if that happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Contrarian said:

The dream to push Putin back to Moscow and replace him with a drunken Boris Yeltsin type is not happening. The gang in Russia is all in now in my view. As Macron says: Some want Russia's defeat, but not to 'crush' it. WHY? Is not realistic and everyone realizes that at NATO command I think.

Macron is incoherent on this topic, sending so many mixed signals an confusing messages that folks are mostly ignoring him now.  "Crushing" Russia, as Macron describes, refers to tanks rolling into Russia proper, which nobody is advocating for.  It's a bizarre message overall, and Macron has been widely criticized throughout this whole debacle for wishy-washiness.  

58 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

You know after the Iraq war and with Jaque Chirac's great credibility for saying no to Bush, I think that gives France a bit more trust.

Not really, considering most of the UN/NATO also said no.  Macron isn't Jacque Chirac (who I have no opinion of), so all that really matters is what he's doing/saying today.  

58 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Is better to have France up front with some sort of negotiations than the Sultan in Turkey, Erdogan, no?

Nobody's suggesting Erdogan for the job, so I don't think the comparison matters.  Regardless, I'm not sure Macron is the best for the job.  Putin might prefer his wishy-washiness and confused messaging (and Russia loves confusion in the west), but I don't think Putin's preferences really count for anything.  Putin made Macron look like a fool, just like he made Merkel (and her predecessor) look like fools as well.  

*also, I just remembered that Macron went to meet Putin right before the invasion, and Putin assured Macron he wasn't going to invade Ukraine.  It goes to show you how much the one respects the other.  

Edited by Moonbox