War In Ukraine

22 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I highly doubt that is 500, 000, most likely is the Ukrainians saying that to get more weapons. You would not lie to get more weapons if someone is in your house? 

You can't filter propaganda on both sides it seems. What a fine specimen you would have made for the KGB.

Incredible. You still took that point to fit your narrative, can not filter at all.

Better luck next time. = )

Don't wish me luck. Save that for the Ukrainians.

Close relatives of Ukrainian soldiers are begging the Russian authorities not to release the captured Ukrainian soldiers because the Ukrainian authorities are returning them to the front to die for Anglo-Khazarian interests

A frostbitten Ukrainian soldier who was forced to return to the front after being released from Russian captivity.

photo_2023-02-06_20-32-47-jpg.1293714

?

Edited by athos

1 hour ago, athos said:

Close relatives of Ukrainian soldiers are begging the Russian authorities not to release the captured Ukrainian soldiers because the Ukrainian authorities are returning them to the front to die for Anglo-Khazarian interests

A frostbitten Ukrainian soldier who was forced to return to the front after being released from Russian captivity.

photo_2023-02-06_20-32-47-jpg.1293714

?

Could just as easily be a Russian.

what's amazing is that NATO is totally confronting Russia as the sole responsible force behind this war. Condemning Russia for its' abuse of human rights, its' uncalled for aggression and its' lack of humanity with their attacks and crimes against the people of Ukraine. I do not know what will happen to Russia now, there will definitely be consequences...

I don't think they will go for Kiev again.  They don't have the equipment, manpower or leadership to run multiple offensives at the same time.  They can barely maintain a creeping attritional war on one axis.  The Russians can barely do anything without Ukraine knowing about it in advance. 

Edited by Moonbox

I think the offensive, as you say, is aiming to capture as much of the Donbas as possible.  Toppling Ukraine and Kiev altogether doesn't appear realistic, and Putin has apparently been telling foreign guests he expects Russia to be fighting this war for the next 2-3 years.  That points to his desire for a frozen conflict, but nobody can say for sure.  

Beyond that I don't see how the situation improves from him.  He faceplanted with the initial invasion and wasted the cream of his military and equipment.  By any measurement possible, the Russian military is less capable than it was last February, while Ukraine's continues to be supplied with a gradually escalating amount and quality of western equipment.  

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

You are very optimistic as to the speed when the equipment will become active. Also, the main doctrine of that military was to throw bodies on the warzone. They don't care how many they lose is my view. 

However slowly western equipment is coming in, it's still faster than what's happening for Russia, whose military industrial complex was struggling before sanctions kicked in.  

As for wasting lives, Putin and his regime don't care, but I imagine the Russian soldiers dying and their families probably do.  Both Imperial Russia and the Soviet Union collapsed in large part due to costly and ill-advised wars their people didn't support.  This isn't an existential war like WW2 was, and despite Kremlin propaganda efforts, you can only keep your people fooled for so long.   

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

However slowly western equipment is coming in, it's still faster than what's happening for Russia, whose military industrial complex was struggling before sanctions kicked in.  

As for wasting lives, Putin and his regime don't care, but I imagine the Russian soldiers dying and their families probably do.  Both Imperial Russia and the Soviet Union collapsed in large part due to costly and ill-advised wars their people didn't support.  This isn't an existential war like WW2 was, and despite Kremlin propaganda efforts, you can only keep your people fooled for so long.   

Russia will crush NATO.
It will be the final end of the evil Anglo-Khazarian imperial mafia.

Putin.thumb.jpg.f5305355f2d3730ed291a3e3

Edited by athos

On 2/9/2023 at 7:29 AM, Moonbox said:

Russia can't even crush Ukraine.  

putin loser.png

They've been making small gains launching these human wave attacks in this new winter offensive but there's reason to believe they're running out of manpower.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/02/07/its-possible-270000-russians-have-been-killed-or-wounded-in-ukraine/?sh=492317982eec

I don't think we're going to see a revolt anytime soon.  The elite and the educated in Russia know what's going on, but Russia is full of poor-as-dirt shmucks who believe everything their state media tells them.  They have no culture or tradition of freedom or self-rule, and have just bounced around from one oppressor to the next - the Tsardom, the Soviet Union, the oligarchs and now Putin.  They actually believe they're fighting NATO in Ukraine, and that Russia is bravely defending its territory against western imperialism.  

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/hmmrhed.gif

As far as the elites toppling Putin, he has a private army of something like 20,000 in Moscow, so I don't see that either. 

Until Ukraine becomes more of an embarrassment than it already is, I think Putin's safe.  

17 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't think we're going to see a revolt anytime soon.  The elite and the educated in Russia know what's going on, but Russia is full of poor-as-dirt shmucks who believe everything their state media tells them.  They have no culture or tradition of freedom or self-rule, and have just bounced around from one oppressor to the next - the Tsardom, the Soviet Union, the oligarchs and now Putin.  They actually believe they're fighting NATO in Ukraine, and that Russia is bravely defending its territory against western imperialism.  

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/hmmrhed.gif

As far as the elites toppling Putin, he has a private army of something like 20,000 in Moscow, so I don't see that either. 

Until Ukraine becomes more of an embarrassment than it already is, I think Putin's safe.  

That’s so rich, that the average Russian believes everything that their state media tells them.  Because you’re one of the average schmucks that believe whatever you’re told by the Canadian media.  

And aren’t  NATO countries giving billions in aid and equipment to Ukraine?  But that doesn’t count as fighting NATO in a proxy war because the Canadian media said so…

Edited by sharkman

Just now, sharkman said:

That’s so rich, that the average Russian believes everything that their state media tells them.  Because you’re one of the average schmucks that believe whatever you’re told by the Canadian media.  

What's even richer is that you're one of the Canadian schmucks that believe what you're told by the Russian state media.  ?

Just now, sharkman said:

And aren’t  NATO countries giving billions in aid and equipment to Ukraine?  But that doesn’t count because the Canadian media said so…

Doesn't count?  What on Earth are you talking about??

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 7:52 AM, Moonbox said:

What's even richer is that you're one of the Canadian schmucks that believe what you're told by the Russian state media.

Even richer that he believes all media must be the same. The National Post, the Vancouver Sun are just like Pravda was... the CBC is only critical of Tory policies.

One of those ppl who'll look you straight in the eye and say that "those unions are only out to protect their jobs!" (well DUHH) as if there's something wrong with that.

On 2/4/2023 at 5:58 PM, Aristides said:

It's Russians killing Ukrainians on Ukrainian soil. No one in Russia has been attacked.

Putin invaded Ukraine for a good reason. The citizen's of the Donbass region, whom are mostly of Russian decent and background, were being treated like dirt by Zelensky. Plus there were other factors also. Like Zelensky having way too many bio weapons labs in Ukraine which Putin felt were a threat to Russia. Why did Ukraine have so many of those bio weapons labs anyway? Rumor has it that many of those labs were bombed by Putin. 

Interesting though as to why Zelensky never attacked Russia at all for Russia invading their soil. Zelensky probably new that Putin would bomb Ukraine to hell. But that is the story that I have read from alternative media. Aw well.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:06 PM, Contrarian said:

Let me give my opinions on what you wrote: 

a. Yes, I know what the Russian leadership calls itself today, but who is leading Russia? 2 former secret police members. One is Putin, former East Germany KGB watchman and Patriarch Kirill, the leader of the Church, code name Mikhailov. So one person that served the communist secret police is leading the politics, the other the religious establishment. So, in my books 100 % they are communists. They just changed their clothes. An animal can change his coat but not his character.

b. Zelenskyy is not a fascist, he is an actor landed in a position bigger than him, his international politics are a disaster in my view, but for an Ukrainian nationalist that is waiting for years for some payback towards the Russians he is the best point of reference to use towards that goal. Is hard for you as a Canadian to understand the hatred there. If you had a neighbour that starved you, chased you, beat you, took your women, did not let you pray, you don't think that someone will wait every opportunity for payback? This is what the Russians did to the Ukrainians, even before communism during the Tsar's time. At one point the hatred was as such that the Ukrainians allied themselves briefly with Hitler. When Hitler was playing the same game as Stalin, Ukrainians turned their weapons against both sides. 

c. In my estimation there won't be any nukes used, worst case scenario will be a frozen conflict as in North Korea - South Korea after a few more months of battle in the East. I think America understands this war is much more than a regional skirmish Ukraine - Russia. It goes beyond that, to Beijing, to the Mullahs in Iran, to every authoritarian type of system around the world. As long as the Ukrainians want to fight, help will be provided. There is also something that I read that there is an Ukrainian general ready to take Zelenskyy's place in case Zelenskyy becomes too soft on the war, however his trip to America showed that he is secure enough to leave the country without a coup is my take. In practical terms the US can not lower their guard and allow Russia to win this war, you can't be number 1 in the world while being nice all the time. As a conclusion, nobody will win or lose the war is my take, well I guess we'll know in a couple of months. 

c. That depends where you read who wins the war. The Russian and Ukrainian intelligence have the same father: the KGB. I don't necessarily take everything the Ukrainians say face value but this war is a disaster for Russia. The Hostomel airport raid which was supposed to give them 1 week access to Kyiv was their failure due to the American intelligence that helped an invaded country defend its territory. The CIA warned the Ukrainian intelligence that this is where the Russians want to strike first. Reports are all over the internet about the meeting prior. They were right. I think you would agree if someone flies in your house, you would welcome intelligence from the Americans to kick those people out?  

d. In regards as to why your white brothers and sisters are fighting each other is easy. You have on display 2 major factors why human beings are killing each other: 

1. COMMUNISM (Russia being lead by 2 secret police members from the KGB, former communist militia). Yes, I know now, today they call themselves religious and nationalistic. ?

2. RELIGION (I mentioned this several times but Russian Patriarch Kirill is not a priest, he was a communist police member) however he is using Religion as a vehicle to brainwash other small minded men like him to go to war by invading a sovereign country in 2023. This is not medieval times, is 2023. It does not matter for old communists members that now pose as Russian nationalists and religious folk. ? 

---> I tend to agree with a Russian former soldier which flew to Georgia because he did not want to invade another country. He said: "The nationalists and heroes are us that left Russia, the traitors are the ones that stayed to fight a non-sense war."

You and I do not know for certain as to whether Putin is still a communist or not. Maybe Putin was never a communist at all. He just got a job with the KGB. Communism came to an end in Russia in the 90's. The Russian people have more freedom today than they ever had under communism. My opinion is that Putin is not a communist at all. Just my opinion.  

On 2/6/2023 at 8:34 AM, Moonbox said:

Where are you hearing that?  Off-shore propaganda farms?  

What part of the retreat from Kiev, Kharkiv or Kherson do you consider winning?  Soledar?  The 6 month attritional campaign to (maybe) take Bakhmut?  

The Americans (Europeans etc) know that they can float Ukraine's military with superior equipment to what Russia's dragging into the fight with second-hand surplus and economies of scale that dwarf Russia's.  

Seems the Ukrainians disagree.  Check Russia's GDP against NATO/EU/USA and tell us how they outproduce and outscale Ukraine.  The weapons supplies are only getting started.  Tanks and AFV's were unthinkable a year ago.  Now they're heading to Ukraine.  While NATO's creeping weapon supply continues, Putin impotently bluffs with the same threats about escalation on which he cannot follow through.  

Keep on dreaming, comrade. If Ukraine is winning the war then why does NATO, US and the EU always still have to keep supplying Ukraine with more tanks and other war weapons of destruction all the time if they are kicking Russia's ass? 

Sad to say that you listen way too much to the western media. And if anyone has the smarts, they should know by now that the western MSM like to lie and spread bull chit all the time. But believe what you want to believe and so will I.  

• Like 1