War In Ukraine

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

The reason Ukraine wants western tanks is because they are running out of ammunition for their Soviet era tanks and can't replace it.

Of course. But common sense dictates that the Russians can, and likely will, bomb them all back to Washington as soon as they are inside the Ukraine.

The Ukes would do the same...if they could.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Ya, that statement was unbelievable alright and very revealing.

And what does it reveal to you there Aristides?

You war-mongers...you're all so...blinded by your overwhelming outrage.

The bottom line in this conflict has always been and remains to be...the Ukes cannot defeat the Russian military without NATO boots on the ground. Its just not doable, and that's a cold, hard fact. So what are the choices?

1. Make a peace settlement.

2. Beat your heads against a wall.

Choice 1 save lives. Choice 2 takes them.

Or...would all you war-mongers actually WANT NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine?

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

And what does it reveal to you there Aristides?

You war-mongers...you're all so...blinded by your overwhelming outrage.

The bottom line in this conflict has always been and remains to be...the Ukes cannot defeat the Russian military without NATO boots on the ground. Its just not doable, and that's a cold, hard fact. So what are the choices?

1. Make a peace settlement.

2. Beat your heads against a wall.

Choice 1 save lives. Choice 2 takes them.

Or...would all you war-mongers actually WANT NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine?

You said you hoped Russia destroyed Ukraine. Too bad someone copied it before you tried to cover your tracks by deleting the post.

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Of course. But common sense dictates that the Russians can, and likely will, bomb them all back to Washington as soon as they are inside the Ukraine.

The Ukes would do the same...if they could.

We'll see, they haven't haven't had much success destroying HIMARS. Ukraine has been doing very well when it comes to destroying Russian armour. 

34 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You said you hoped Russia destroyed Ukraine. Too bad someone copied it before you tried to cover your tracks by deleting the post.

Yes I did. Rather sarcastically. But the whole quote doesn't fit your narrative...so you butcher the quote and lie.

Why would I delete my own posts? I do not. But I've told you that already and you ignore it.

So...Sally-baby...you do you...for as silly and dumb as it is...

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes I did. Rather sarcastically. But the whole quote doesn't fit your narrative...so you butcher the quote and lie.

Why would I delete my own posts? I do not. But I've told you that already and you ignore it.

So...Sally-baby...you do you...for as silly and dumb as it is...

The quote has been posted here many times. It speaks for itself.

The post has disappeared. The only people who can delete posts are the mods and the OP. Are you saying Greg or Charles deleted it?

30 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

How would a "settlement" look to you? Who would keep what? What is redacted proposing?

The NATO boots on the ground is not realistic, is the same thing as the no fly zone dream.

If the Ukrainians will is to keep fighting is bad news for Putin and the gang. Their main gamble was the first 2 weeks, they lost, now they are trying to rescue a drowing ship which the captain, Putin thought it was ready to compete with the United States and Nato.

He is in the process of getting a rude awakening now is my view.

I don't know what Redacted is proposing. Why don't you go check for yourself?

You might be right about this rude awakening. What I see is...

Russia has fortified the eastern regions of Ukraine. The regions that voted to align themselves with Russia rather than Ukraine. They've created a wall of sorts. Were I at the negotiating table, I'd propose that Ukraine let these provinces go...as is their want...throw up border crossings...tax the hell outta anyone trying to cross with goods from the new autonomous zone into Ukraine proper...revoke any remaining funding...fortify the new boarder with their shiny new tanks...and be done with it.

Then...with all the lives that didn't get extinguished...rebuild the destroyed western infrastructure and go back to grain farming.

Just now, Aristides said:

The quote has been posted here many times. It speaks for itself.

The post has disappeared. The only people who can delete posts are the mods and the OP. Are you saying Greg or Charles deleted it?

I'm saying I did not. Peter off and ask Greg if you like.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Of course they'll bomb the tanks. Just as soon as they cross the boarder to Ukraine, or are parked for training and maintenance. Its what any military would do, if they had the equipment to do so.

Try stop being such a sopping wet dweeb and put your pants on.

With what Air Superiority? 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Ukraine seems to have effective air defence. 

Which is why Putin has resorted to terror bombing civilians. 

Terror bombing civilians? OK that's one explanation. Another is they were bombing infrastructure and military targets.

The TRUTH of the matter, is likely somewhere in between the 2 stories.

Fact is though...they can bomb inside western Ukraine...and I would expect they will continue to do so.

17 hours ago, athos said:

Australian open celebrates Russian victory.

Djokovic senior: "Long live Russia"

Lol more Fake news!  You suck and so does Putin’s Russia 

Real headline:

4 with Russian flags kicked out of Australian Open by police

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Four people were kicked out of the Australian Open after displaying Russian flags — which have been banned from Melbourne Park — and threatening security guards, police and Tennis Australia said Thursday.…

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-novak-djokovic-sports-soccer-andrey-rublev-c1fce0e7c04a2732194038b5190ece85

Edited by BeaverFever

5 hours ago, Boges said:

With what Air Superiority? 

bear in mind that America makes it look easy

the Russian air force is simply not in the same league

they use airpower in a very rudimentary fashion

Russia has an artillery army, and Russian airpower is simply an extension of artillery bombardment

they are not capable of conducting the sort of massive combined arms air land battle campaigns like America

thing is, the Ukrainians use the same tactics & equipment as the Russains

so neither side is able to break the stalemate with airpower

there is a significant air battle going on right now over Bakhmut

both sides coming in low & fast flying close air support

neither side making much headway, it's a stalemate on the ground and in the air

again, this is like World War One on a localized scale

neither side can gain any significant advantage, firepower in of itself is not enough

Russia cannot attack Ukraine's strategic lines of communication

because that would require them to attack NATO

Ukraine doesn't have the assets to sever Russia's strategic lines of communication

so both sides are pouring men & materiel into a stalemate to no strategic effect

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Terror bombing civilians? OK that's one explanation. Another is they were bombing infrastructure and military targets.

The TRUTH of the matter, is likely somewhere in between the 2 stories.

Fact is though...they can bomb inside western Ukraine...and I would expect they will continue to do so.

Apartment blocks and hospitals are now infrastructure and military targets?

Given that Germany has become an active participant in the war by sending tanks and other offensive weapons to Ukraine, Russia should not waste time but to nuke Berlin immediately. I don't think America would do anything about it except consider Germany collateral damage. In any case, the US is actively working to destroy Europe.
So it will be just another victory for US globalist policy towards Europe.

29 minutes ago, athos said:

Given that Germany has become an active participant in the war by sending tanks and other offensive weapons to Ukraine, Russia should not waste time but to nuke Berlin immediately. I don't think America would do anything about it except consider Germany collateral damage. In any case, the US is actively working to destroy Europe.
So it will be just another victory for US globalist policy towards Europe.

Britain and France also have nuclear deterrents. The problem is Russia's aggression in Europe. This is the first invasion of a sovereign state since Germany and the Soviet Union invaded Poland in 1939 starting WW2.

Edited by Aristides

Why is the West fighting this war DUMB?

Is it normal to advise everyone including the enemy the exact number of tanks that will be coming, with their exact specifications, expected arrival date, likely point of entry, and expected training time required once they arrive in Ukraine? Is it logical to send a small number of technologically superior tanks to face off against a much larger number of Russian tanks, when this is exactly what Hitler did in order to lose the Battle of Kursk? Is it strategically intelligent to bleed military stockpiles into Europe without any plan to at least replace them, while a Pacific power's military is growing by leaps and bounds?

2 hours ago, 500channelsurfer said:

Why is the West fighting this war DUMB?

it's quite clear that Washington & NATO do not want Ukraine to win outright

what Washington & Brussels want is for Ukraine to fight the Russians to a stand still

forcing a negotiated settlement back to the 2014-2021 status quo

this is not an all out proxy war, but rather a limited engagement to force a stalemate