War In Ukraine

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Where Russia annexes 20% of Ukraine, or whatever they're up to now, which is just letting them take what they can/want.  

Best way for Russians to stop dying is for them to leave Ukraine.  ?

Like you're "howling and screaming now", because your wishes aren't coming true ?

dumbdumb1.png

Are you enjoying this little war? Like the protracted killin' pleasing, do ya?

I don't. Negotiate, declare peace, and get in with livin'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Are you enjoying this little war? Like the protracted killin' pleasing, do ya?

Nope, but it's moronic to blame the people defending themselves from invasion, or the folks helping them do so.  The simplest and most reasonable solution is for Russia to...stop invading!

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I don't. Negotiate, declare peace, and get in with livin'.

Here's an offer to the Russians that will work for everyone:  Leave Ukraine.  Don't come back.  The war is over.  ?

56 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Nope, but it's moronic to blame the people defending themselves from invasion, or the folks helping them do so.  The simplest and most reasonable solution is for Russia to...stop invading!

Here's an offer to the Russians that will work for everyone:  Leave Ukraine.  Don't come back.  The war is over.  ?

If you can convince them to do so, bully. You fly right over and explain the to them.

Been seeing a lot of theories that if Ukraine can retake the Land bridge to Crimea, the stupid bridge won't be enough to supply Crimea and taking the Peninsula will be easy pickings next year as the people living there will be starved of supplies and water. 

Also the EU deals a blow to Russian oil as they refuse to pay more that $60 USD for Russian Oil, effectively keeping the price low. If they had banned Russian oil that would have caused the prices to rise. 

Smart. 

Edited by Boges

15 minutes ago, Boges said:

Been seeing a lot of theories that if Ukraine can retake the Land bridge to Crimea, the stupid won't be enough to supply Crimea and taking the Peninsula will be easy pickings next year as the people living there will be starved of supplies and water. 

Also the EU deals a blow to Russian oil as they refuse to pay more that $60 USD for Russian Oil, effectively keeping the price low. If they had banned Russian oil that would have caused the prices to rise. 

Smart. 

Are you seriously saying the EU is "smart"?

Just now, Boges said:

Yes. It seems like this "cap" is a smart solution to their Russian oil problem. 

Even gas prices in Canada have dropped to a year-long low. 

Let's just get through this winter and see just how "smart" the EU really is.

Heating and power are still a rather pressing issue in much of Europe.

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Let's just get through this winter and see just how "smart" the EU really is.

Heating and power are still a rather pressing issue in much of Europe.

I've already noted in this thread, I believe, that the EU had planned ahead and all their stockpiles of oil and LNG are full. They can't import much more. 

This price cap is dropping the global price of oil. 

41 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Why do people hate the EU? One of it’s purposes was to make Europe so interdependent future wars between members would be impossible. So far it has worked with the longest period of peace in Western European history.

I think member Nationalist has made his distain clear for any Western Alliances. You know, like Putin. 

Trump has implanted isolationism into the psyche of Conservatism. 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:46 PM, Nationalist said:

And what makes you think things are going well for Ukraine?

I mean...evidently comic-boy and his buddies are cleaning up. But the Ukrainian people? Not so much.

No electricity...no heating...a lot of nothing. 'OH but Kiev is still there!' Pfft...Kiev...home of whiskey with a hot pepper floating in it.

I predict a very uncomfortable winter for the poor Ukrainians caught in this mess.

This BS needs to end now, instead of the protracted suffering too many vampires want.

This BS started with an unjustified Russian invasion and will most quickly end with an unconditional Russian withdrawal. FULL STOP

The suffering of the Ukrainian people which you CLAIM to care about is the result of Russian attacks  FULL STOP

If you really care about ending the conflict and suffering you would demand an immediate and unconditional Russian withdrawal. FULL STOP

Edited by BeaverFever

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

This BS started with an unjustified Russian invasion and will most quickly end with an unconditional Russian withdrawal. FULL STOP

The suffering of the Ukrainian people which CLAIM to care about os the result of Russian attacks  FULL STOP

If you really care about ending the conflict and suffering you would remain an immediate and unconditional Russian withdrawal. FULL STOP

A "Special Military Operation" to "De-Nazify" Ukraine has turned into a savage Terror campaign against Ukrainian Civilians. 

And those who don't think NATO should support Ukraine cackle with glee. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

A "Special Military Operation" to "De-Nazify" Ukraine has turned into a savage Terror campaign against Ukrainian Civilians. 

And those who don't think NATO should support Ukraine cackle with glee. 

They must think we should have let Hitler overrun Europe until the “auditors ” accounted for all the military aid we provided the allies.

According @Nationalistthe Battle of Britain was just a scam for Churchill to get rich I suppose.Why else would anyone want to defend their country from invasion by a tyrannical dictator?

4 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

They must think we should have let Hitler overrun Europe until the “auditors ” accounted for all the military aid we provided the allies.

According @Nationalistthe Battle of Britain was just a scam for Churchill to get rich I suppose.Why else would anyone want to defend their country from invasion by a tyrannical dictator?

Lend Lease was a travesty ?

3 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

Everybody knew that trying to rope Ukraine into NATO was crossing Russia’s red line, but now people would like to hold up Russia as a villain. After having done everything to teeter on the redline. And this happened only AFTER Biden came to power.

https://prnigeria.com/2022/03/05/how-western-strategic-thinkers/

Some in this thread will say that Ukraine has always been an NATO reject. 

The instability due to Russian influence made them a poor choice to join NATO. 

However this invasion looks to have moved Finland and Sweden into NATO's sphere. 

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Why do people hate the EU? One of it’s purposes was to make Europe so interdependent future wars between members would be impossible. So far it has worked with the longest period of peace in Western European history.

Putin has been grooming the right with anti-EU propaganda for over a decade   They found common cause with western conservatives, fossil fuel companies, climate deniers, and the general global corporate business lobby who chaffed at EU regulation of things like pesticides, GMO foods pharmaceutical prices and so on.  For example, recently the EU completed a study and mandated that there are too many incompatible types of phone chargers for no good reason,  and so to reduce waste and the cost and inconvenience to consumers, going forward all phones and chargers must be USB-C….that kind of stuff is typical EU regulation and is sand in the asscrack of conservatives and corporations the world over who are fundamentally offended that any government would dare to direct “the free market” in such a manner. 

Russian government troll farms would put out all kinds of content under the disguise of American or European business advocates or libertarians.  I remember on another forum I used to frequent, an American Republican woul post these diatribes criticizing the structural details of EU parliament the power efficiency requirements for EU vacuum cleaners and I would say “why do you care, you live in California why are you so enraged and passionate about European vacuum cleaners and parliamentary procedure?”  but you know he was just regurgitating what was being fed to him by the Russia-Corporate industrial complex that existed at that time. 

Edited by BeaverFever

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I've already noted in this thread, I believe, that the EU had planned ahead and all their stockpiles of oil and LNG are full. They can't import much more. 

This price cap is dropping the global price of oil. 

Ya ya ya...great planning...

I guess that's why there's so many huge protests. Must be boredom eh?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/17351230/cant-afford-to-put-heating-on-after-bill-doubled/

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Is the Sun, like every populist newspaper tend to overexaggerate. They have good videos from the reality of war, however the news, they were the first EU sceptics so BIAS alert. ?

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/environment/thousands-march-in-eastern-germany-to-protest-soaring-energy-prices/2696034

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ya ya ya...great planning...

I guess that's why there's so many huge protests. Must be boredom eh?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/17351230/cant-afford-to-put-heating-on-after-bill-doubled/

The invasion has cost an overall rise in the price of oil. 

Of course you want to blame the West for that because they didn't just allow Russia to Annex Ukraine. 

OPEC is also to blame for severely cutting production. 

1 hour ago, Luz P. said:

Everybody knew that trying to rope Ukraine into NATO was crossing Russia’s red line, but now people would like to hold up Russia as a villain. After having done everything to teeter on the redline. And this happened only AFTER Biden came to power.

https://prnigeria.com/2022/03/05/how-western-strategic-thinkers/

When you bomb civilians and annex foreign countries you are ALWAYS the villain. FULL STOP

Blaming Ukraine (or NATO) for “provoking” Russia’s invasion is like blaming a rape victim and for “provoking” her rapist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

The suffering of the Ukrainian people which you CLAIM to care about is the result of Russian attacks  FULL STOP

Good luck with that. Especially now that Russia has formally claimed the eastern region.

Oh I'm pretty darn sure the Ukes had a hand in creating this mess. Just ask the Canadian military that went over there to train their troops...quite a bit BEFORE the Russians ever made a move.

https://www.thesuburban.com/news/report-reveals-canadian-forces-trained-neo-nazi-ukrainian-battalions/article_73fc64c4-7d83-5aa1-9167-3a1028f16fdb.html

If you really care about ending the conflict and suffering you would demand an immediate and unconditional Russian withdrawal. FULL STOP

Beave...I prefer to live in what some people call..."reality". The "reality" of this sad situation is this;

1. Russia HAS annexed that eastern region and are incredibly unlikely to give it up.

2. Russia HAS about destroyed the Ukrainian infrastructure.

3. People in Kiev are now living in the subway.

4. There might have been a peace deal last summer...until the Yankees and the Brits stuck their military-industrial complex in the way.

5. Unless the USA and Britain intend on sending their own troops to this war, its already over. It was a long time ago.

6. In what we call "reality", the Ukes are gonna suffer needlessly all winter. Many will die. And for what? A sliver of land that was always primarily Russian since...like...forever? You're pretty cavalier with the welfare of other people there Beave. But I suspect you'd be among the first to crumble if the lights quit working here.

FULL STOP.

LOL...ok sweetums...