War In Ukraine

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

nah, the FOAB is only equivalent to 44 tons of TNT

even the smallest battlefield tactical nuclear weapons would still be at least 1 kiloton yield

which is 22 times the blast yield of a FOAB

There are, or at least were, W54s with less than 44kilotons.

TBH, there's not much that you need more than 44kt for, aside from destroying a whole city and rendering it uninhabitable. That's a lot of boom.

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There are, or at least were, W54s with less than 44kilotons.

TBH, there's not much that you need more than 44kt for, aside from destroying a whole city and rendering it uninhabitable. That's a lot of boom.

the FOAB is 44 tons

not kilotons

44 kilotons is 1000 times the blast yield of a FOAB

• Like 1

the smallest Russian nuclear weapon would be the 152mm nuclear artillery shell

that's still a 1 kiloton warhead, 22 times the yield of FOAB

it's not actually clear that those are even serviceable at this point however

in terms of the current tactical nuclear weapons in the Russian arsenal available for use ?

I would say the Iskander tactical ballistic missile is their "battlefield nuke" and that warhead is 50 kilotons

27 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the smallest Russian nuclear weapon would be the 152mm nuclear artillery shell

that's still a 1 kiloton warhead, 22 times the yield of FOAB

I know that the Russians won't use that against Ukraine for this war, but if America thinks that they're gonna gain one inch of Russian soil or back them out of Ukraine without getting tactically nuked they're idiots.

I hate the way that all of their propaganda points to war with Russia right now.

It reminds me of WWII when they were saying that all Japanese pilots wear glasses an inch thick

20 hours ago, xul said:

But Putin won't use nukes. He just realized he hasn't enough troops to engulf the whole Ukraine only by one campaign, so he changed his strategy to take east Ukraine first. Once Ukrainian forces are cleaned from the region, Russian troops there will be free to be used on other fronts and retake initiative.

He doesn’t want to take Ukraine.  That’s the assumption that is tripping up the West.  And why is the idea being pushed when the evidence doesn’t support it?

Not sure why that is, perhaps it’s to have a reason to remove Putin.  Because it’s obvious that removing Putin is the main goal.

There is so much propaganda coming from media sources it’s really difficult to discern the truth.  If Putin wanted Ukraine, he would have taken it in the first 2 weeks.  

On 4/3/2022 at 1:15 AM, suds said:

Russia with 6000 nukes invades a much smaller sovereign country that voluntarily gave up their nukes. If God is with the one with the 6000 nukes He must be playing a joke on us.

Is Russia the only country that has nuclear warheads? Your neighbor - the USA - used atomic bombs in Japan on peaceful cities. But her dirty money says "in God we trust." That is real Joke

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I know that the Russians won't use that against Ukraine for this war

because after failing to reach their objectives in the first month

the Russians have now downsized their invasion, falling back to the Donbass & Black Sea Coast

they have three key objectives now

1. securing the water supply for Crimea, which flows from the city of Kherson

2. securing the recently discovered natural gas fields around Kramatorsk

3. securing all the Black Sea ports including Mikolayiv & Odessa, to land lock Ukraine

if the Russians can do all that, Putin would be able to declare a victory of sorts

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

he tried taking it in two weeks

it didn't work

That must be why they didn’t take out Ukraine’s utilities and major military installations, and amassed only 150,000+ troops prior to invasion.  Because they wanted to take over the entire country…

Edited by sharkman

8 hours ago, sharkman said:

That must be why they didn’t take out Ukraine’s utilities and major military installations, and amassed only 150,000+ troops prior to invasion.  Because they wanted to take over the entire country…

I attribute that to incompetence

you attribute that to Russia being hyper competent

and having a genius plan that is playing out exactly as they have envisioned

one assumption is infinitely less likely than the other

and incompetence isn't the unlikely assumption

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I attribute that to incompetence

you attribute that to Russia being hyper competent

and having a genius plan that is playing out exactly as they have envisioned

one assumption is infinitely less likely than the other

and incompetence isn't the unlikely assumption

There is probably some truth in what you say, but there is plenty of incompetence to go around, Ukraine being less than “hyper” competent.

But since I haven’t described what I think Russia’s goals are, it’s presumptive to suggest I crown them with hyper competence.  I really don’t know  what Putin’s goals are, and neither does the news media by the sounds of it.

One thing I noticed.  Russia is about to default on some international debt(?) they haven’t serviced.  It appears that they haven’t because the various financial sanctions are interfering with their ability to make payments.

in turn, Putin has said that all payment for his natural gas to Europe must now be in rubles.  All of Europe is refusing.  He could cut off their gas.  He’s already threatening to cut way back on grain exports, which would further squeeze NATO countries, and the world.

China wants Russian grain and oil, apparently.  They and Japan haven’t  levelled any sanctions against Russia.  Translation?  This thing is a long way from over.

Edited by sharkman

32 minutes ago, sharkman said:

There is probably some truth in what you say, but there is plenty of incompetence to go around, Ukraine being less than “hyper” competent.

But since I haven’t described what I think Russia’s goals are, it’s presumptive to suggest I crown them with hyper competence.  I really don’t know  what Putin’s goals are, and neither does the news media by the sounds of it.

One thing I noticed.  Russia is about to default on some international debt(?) they haven’t serviced.  It appears that they haven’t because the various financial sanctions are interfering with their ability to make payments.

in turn, Putin has said that all payment for his natural gas to Europe must now be in rubles.  All of Europe is refusing.  He could cut off their gas.  He’s already threatening to cut way back on grain exports, which would further squeeze NATO countries, and the world.

China wants Russian grain and oil, apparently.  They and Japan haven’t  levelled any sanctions against Russia.  Translation?  This thing is a long way from over.

plenty of people know what Putin's goals

alot of people not knowing what Putin's goals are, doesn't mean that no one knows

Japan has sanctioned Russia

and China is not in a position to bail Russia out of this mess

Russia is not in a winning position

demanding rubles as payment and threatening to cut off exports they are economically reliant on doesn't alter that

blackmail is the only card they can play, and that is a sign of weakness not strength

Edited by Yzermandius19

Initially, it was believed that it was a tank of the Russian army that fired at a group of Ukrainian military at point-blank range, but then it turned out that Ukrainian taxi drivers fired at their own at point-blank range. There was an abandoned Russian BMP next to the soldiers, the tankers thought it was the Russian military and opened fire. There is already a video of the dead, but there is one tin on it..

An armada of Russian troops is marching on Kharkiv. Ukrainian media reported satellite images showing a giant Russian column of military equipment with a length of 12 km, going in the direction of Kharkov. Eyewitnesses from Ukraine have already started posting videos of this column of troops. As part of the special operation in Ukraine, a major battle will soon take place in the Donbas. After that, most likely, the troops will go to Kiev, since the success of the peace talks is very doubtful due to the statement of the head of EU diplomacy Josep Borrel, where he reports the need to resolve the conflict in Ukraine "on the battlefield", the actual Ukraine was told to fight.

Murderous Russian leadership backed by Russian army is preparing for another round of brutal assaults in eastern Ukraine to slaughter more defenseless civilians. The West must accelerate the delivery of massive defensive and heavy offensive weaponry to Ukraine to give Ukrainian army the chance to repel murderous Russian army and save civilian lives.

The only good Russian soldier is a dead Russian soldier and I am hoping for tens of thousands of good Russian soldiers in Ukraine.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Good people, help the Ukrainian soldier Alexander, who escaped being captured

by the Russians and wants to come to UK or Canada where he needs accommodation.

Thank you very much in advance

FQIQ05tX0AE6Fao?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by athos

More than 1,000 Ukrainian Marines voluntarily surrendered in Mariupol

The most massive surrender since the beginning of hostilities - more than 1,000 Marines of the Ukrainian Armed Forces voluntarily surrendered in Mariupol.

About 400 wounded and unable to move on their own, as well as more than 800 healthy Ukrainian soldiers voluntarily surrendered in Mariupol.
The Ukrainian military was defending one of the two main pockets of resistance, the Illich plant.
It is very difficult to distinguish such a thing from the surrender of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in Mariupol.

Many thousands of captured Ukrainian soldiers have already begun to be interrogated - they are scared and swear that they will never insult Russia again.
Another video has appeared on the Internet, examining soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine who surrendered at the Ilyich factory in Mariupol. Among the prisoners are officers, drivers, cooks, etc ... Ukrainian soldiers who recently tried to escape from Mariupol deny the use of chemical weapons by the Russian army against them.
For some reason, the news that 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers were captured at noon today waited a long time before the news itself was confirmed. The Russians catch them like rats in the basements.

https://streamable.com/99ovf1