nothing has really changed

it is still the infallible Czar

his Princes

then the Boyars

then the Serfs

Russia is still run the same way it has ever been run

they just call the Czar "President of the Russian Federation" now

so that is how they have trapped themselves in this catastrophe

it's like Nicolas II's Russo-Japanese War, fused with Stalin's Winter War, both catastrophes in one

this is the doom of the Russians, and has been for centuries now

When Britain and it's colonies Canada, Australia.... can democratically elect their head of state, as Russians do, let me know. Until then keep quiet.

queen-elizabeth-ii-attends-a-service-for

Edited by athos

There is a growing mass of dissatisfaction in Austria with Ukrainian "refugees" arriving in luxury cars. City officials allow them free parking and other privileges, angering Vienna citizens who spit out their protest by writing pro Russian slogans on luxury Ukrainian cars.

mercedesgl2503.jpeg

glemercedes2503.jpeg

13 hours ago, athos said:

When Britain and it's colonies Canada, Australia.... can democratically elect their head of state, as Russians do, let me know. 

Russian voters are kind of like the Queen in that they aren't actually needed. 

Commonwealth governments function without the Queen and what you would laughably call Russian "democracy" gets by without actual voters. Putin the Poisoner doesn't need or use them to get elected. He just wakes up the morning before the "election" and decides what the numbers will look like. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

The West has been both timid and slow in aiding Ukrainian military but in spite of that Ukrainian army is pushing back the Russian invaders and gaining back some territories. Russian soldiers are reportedly stealing food and raping women in occupied territories. The only good Russian soldier is a dead Russian soldier. 

7 hours ago, athos said:

Did you know that according to your constitution you do not even have citizens but "Subjects of Her Majesty".

?

I don't care what I'm called, but I know that I can protest my government with my real name in person or online and not get arrested.

And you Convoy fans please don't slippery slope me about Pat King or the other idiots who were given many chances to back down after their protest had turned into a campaign of harassment and terrorism.  A large majority of people who were involved got away without penalty

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't care what I'm called, but I know that I can protest my government with my real name in person or online and not get arrested.

And you Convoy fans please don't slippery slope me about Pat King or the other idiots who were given many chances to back down after their protest had turned into a campaign of harassment and terrorism.  A large majority of people who were involved got away without penalty

and plenty of people who did nothing wrong were arrested for opposing the government

you can easily be one of them in the future

they will declare you to be a terrorist

Russia does the same shit

if you have no faith in the Russian government because they do that

then why do you have faith in the Canadian government when Trudeau just pulled a Putin?

you are making such a dumb argument, that even a shitty Russian troll bot has plenty of ammo to use against it

get your shit together, ffs

how is that even close to your best argument against his nonsense?

smh

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The West has been both timid and slow in aiding Ukrainian military but in spite of that Ukrainian army is pushing back the Russian invaders and gaining back some territories. Russian soldiers are reportedly stealing food and raping women in occupied territories. The only good Russian soldier is a dead Russian soldier. 

The West has a lot to say but little to help.

The Western democracies always are outraged by dictatorships and invasions and the only thing they do is sanctions and the dictators and invasions and occupations continue.

Putin will win. even if he only gets the eastern part of Ukraine, that is a huge win for the resources and land he gets. The West will say theywon but in reality, Putin got what he wanted, a big chunk of the breadbasket of Europe.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Excuse me but...what harassment and terrorism? Those are scary words...I assume you can back them up REASONABLY?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

The West has a lot to say but little to help.

The Western democracies always are outraged by dictatorships and invasions and the only thing they do is sanctions and the dictators and invasions and occupations continue.

Putin will win. even if he only gets the eastern part of Ukraine, that is a huge win for the resources and land he gets. The West will say theywon but in reality, Putin got what he wanted, a big chunk of the breadbasket of Europe.

This is the current occupation map of Ukraine:

_123946661_ukraine_counters_areas_map_29

There's your "big chunk". A strip along the border with Russia. The part that's been in a state of civil war for the last 20 some-odd years. The part that's majority Russian ethnics. You people either need to educate yourselves, or quit lying.

Putin has stated that he wants 2 things;

1. No NATO forces bordering with Russia.

2. The slaughter of ethnic Russians to halt in eastern Ukraine.

BTW...Russia DID NOT "annex" Crimea as this picture says. They held a referendum and the people CHOSE to align themselves with Russia.

Edited by Nationalist

Putin wants shore up Russia's defenses

by placing forces in the gaps someone could invade Russia through

which means Ukraine is far from the only target on the chopping block

he'll need to retake most of the former Soviet Union in Eastern Europe to accomplish that

he doesn't have the horses to pull it off

and the longer he waits, the fewer horses he'll have

so it's soon or never

Ukraine is merely a small part of his revanchist aims

Edited by Yzermandius19

15 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Putin wants shore up Russia's defenses

by placing forces in the gaps someone could invade Russia through

which means Ukraine is far from the only target on the chopping block

he'll need to retake most of the former Soviet Union in Eastern Europe to accomplish that

he doesn't have the horses to pull it off

and the longer he waits, the fewer horses he'll have

so it's soon or never

Ukraine is merely a small part of his revanchist aims

Putin will get some sort of autonomy or formal inclusion into Russia for the eastern edge of Ukraine.

Ukraine will be declared a "neutral" state, providing a buffer zone between NATO and Russia. If Zelinski is sharp enough to realize that with such a position, Ukraine can play both sides of the fence and do well economically for themselves.

https://i.insider.com/577d32a488e4a71a008b62ab?width=1240

Do you figure Putin has designs on Latvia and Estonia? I don't. He doesn't have the "jam" for that.

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Putin will get some sort of autonomy or formal inclusion into Russia for the eastern edge of Ukraine.

Ukraine will be declared a "neutral" state, providing a buffer zone between NATO and Russia. If Zelinski is sharp enough to realize that with such a position, Ukraine can play both sides of the fence and do well economically for themselves.

https://i.insider.com/577d32a488e4a71a008b62ab?width=1240

Do you figure Putin has designs on Latvia and Estonia? I don't. He doesn't have the "jam" for that.

he needs the Baltics

that's where the Swede's invaded Russia from

he doesn't have the horses to take it

but the longer he waits the harder it gets

Putin is on the clock

the longer he waits the stronger the opposition gets and the weaker Russia gets

if he was abandoning his revanchist aims

he wouldn't have invaded Ukraine in the first place

as for Ukraine

they ain't going to be neutral

they are locked in anti-Russian now

and NATO is going to help turn them into the Israel of Eastern Europe

Putin paranoia about an anti-Russian Ukraine has driven him to creating a self fulfilling prophecy

thanks to his colossal miscalculation

womp womp

Edited by Yzermandius19

14 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

he needs the Baltics

that's where the Swede's invaded Russia from

he doesn't have the horses to take it

but the longer he waits the harder it gets

Putin is on the clock

the longer he waits the stronger the opposition gets and the weaker Russia gets

if he was abandoning his revanchist aims

he wouldn't have invaded Ukraine in the first place

as for Ukraine

they ain't going to be neutral

they are locked in anti-Russian now

and NATO is going to help turn them into the Israel of Eastern Europe

Putin paranoia about an anti-Russian Ukraine has driven him to creating a self fulfilling prophecy

thanks to his colossal miscalculation

womp womp

Huh...interesting take but, I would have to disagree.

Putin is most definitely in a tight spot and his leadership may not last. However, I think its obvious that rebuilding the former Soviet Union is a non-starter.

You really should try to research what the people of that eastern strip actually think. Do you realize that most of the population in that region is ethnically Russian. Do you realize that for 20 years now, the Ukrainian army has been carrying out a "cleansing" campaign there?

I'm not trying to say Putin made a good decision...he most certainly did not. But the creation of "the Israel of Eastern Europe is certainly NOT gonna happen either.

What do you actually know about Ukraine and Ukrainians? Do you realize anti-Ashkenazi sentiment is rampant there to this very day? Do you realize even the NAZIs were taken aback by the brutality of the Ukrainians toward Jews?

When you stand on 1 sided information sources, and make judgments based on that, you doom yourself to long term failure.

Edited by Nationalist

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Huh...interesting take but, I would have to disagree.

Putin is most definitely in a tight spot and his leadership may not last. However, I think its obvious that rebuilding the former Soviet Union is a non-starter.

You really should try to research what the people of that eastern strip actually think. Do you realize that most of the population in that region is ethnically Russian. Do you realize that for 20 years now, the Ukrainian army has been carrying out a "cleansing" campaign there?

I'm not trying to say Putin made a good decision...he most certainly did not. But the creation of "the Israel of Eastern Europe is certainly NOT gonna happen either.

What do you actually know about Ukraine and Ukrainians? Do you realize anti-Ashkenazi sentiment is rampant there to this very day? Do you realize even the NAZIs were taken aback by the brutality of the Ukrainians toward Jews?

When you stand on 1 sided information sources, and make judgments based on that, you doom yourself to long term failure.

I know more than you

do you know why those areas of Ukraine are ethnically Russian?

because Stalin starved and deported millions of Ukrainians and shipped in Russians

when it comes to ethnic cleansing

the Ukrainians are small time compared to the Russians

rebuilding the Soviet Union won't work

but that isn't going to stop the paranoid Russians from doing crazy shit to try anyway

they have been invaded so many times

it's their greatest insecurity

and their insecurity drives their actions

the Russians build their superiority complex based on their deep seeded inferiority complex

and without the strategic depth and gap control of the former Soviet bloc

they are extremely vulnerable, and they know it

I mean heavily armed war machine in a poor and hostile neighborhood, when I say Israel of Eastern Europe

you are only looking at pro-Russian sources

I look at both sides

the pro-Ukrainian sources are better

the pro-Russian sources are mostly just an endless stream of whataboutism to scapegoat Russia's enemies and avoid self reflection

but on the few things they are right about, it's easy for me to separate the wheat from the chaffe

Edited by Yzermandius19