War In Ukraine

15 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh cut the crap. That makes as much sense as asking you for hard evidence his obvious seat of the pants estimate is incorrect.

85% doesn't have to be 100% accurate to paint the picture of his opinion. You know it's an opinion. You just want to be all smarmy and smug and posture as superior. You'd be surprised how many of us know that. I'll say 85%. But no I don't have any peer reviewed literature determining that. Why don't you pretend it matters so we can have a laugh.

And yes, there is a narrative. It's existence is well established. 

Anybody with a functioning BS detector knows there's a narrative. It's all the time ringing like crazy. Registering at 85% on mine, if you're interested. 

Trust in the media and its narratives is at an all time low. I can give you surveys on that if you want.

Yeah it's useless rhetoric, and should be treated as such. 

reports are that two RCAF C-130J's just flew into Ukraine last night

dropped off 4,500 x M72 LAW, 7,500 x M67 hand grenades,

plus ammo, body armor & rations

Canada is apparently flying right into the battlespace in an air bridge

so, this is a case where Justin Trudeau and I can agree on something

Geroyim Slava

18 hours ago, Faramir said:

The left often get riled up over what is obvious hyperbole.  

It's beyond hyperbole don't you think?  It's been constant and going on for years. Telling yourselves these little lies over and over again is no different than telling yourselves the big lie over and over again. Eventually it becomes true to you.  It's the basis for gaslighting yourselves.

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

it honestly feels like a long night is ending here

first with the Truckers rising up against tyranny at home

then with Canadians uniting against the Kremlin on behalf of Ukraine

Canadian pride is being restored, this is more like the Canada I was raised in

Ducimus

Boy are you ever an optimist.  Nope. This is the same Canada still - peopled by Bolshevists and bleeding heart liberals.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

not to mention

the sun is out

and it's 10ªC

the long Canadian winter is coming to an end at last

that always makes my spirit soar

breaking out the beers, got some Canadian weed, and a deck of Pall Malls

so let's party in the 6ix

Weird yellow light here all day.

We've got a dust cloud from the Sahara blowing in, everything is covered with a thin layer of it.

Might get a spectacular sunset tonight.

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Not at all, I just don't get sucked in by CNN and CTV over and over again like a leftist. 

The belief that you're the only one immune to bias is a really ignorant one to base your entire outlook on.

Being oblivious to your own incapacity only reflects on you. No one else.

1 hour ago, Iceni warrior said:

Weird yellow light here all day.

We've got a dust cloud from the Sahara blowing in, everything is covered with a thin layer of it.

Might get a spectacular sunset tonight.

blue skies

sun is shining down

birds are chirping in the trees

my wife is going to make bacon double cheeseburgers for supper at the Weber grill on our deck

commence the tailgate

happy warriors

Slava Ukraini, Geroyim Slava

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

blue skies

sun is shining down

birds are chirping in the trees

my wife is going to make bacon double cheeseburgers for supper at the Weber grill on our deck

commence the tailgate

happy warriors

Slava Ukraini, Geroyim Slava

Heh, what kind of conservative leaders or websites do you follow?  I head over to Free Republic and Hot Air.  Hot Air is now driven in its articles to promote never Trumpism, but a lot of conservatives over there like giving them hell.  I've basically quit all the never Trump publications like Forbes, National Review Online and the craven fools at Fox News.  I wish we could get OAN here.

Just now, Faramir said:

Heh, what kind of conservative leaders or websites do you follow? 

I don't follow websites

the conservative whom I follow

is William of Orange

as I am an Upper Canadian Orangeman

my ancestor landed at Halifax Harbour, in 1757

we are the Hants County Smith's, from Windsor Nova Scotia, ever since

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The belief that you're the only one immune to bias is a really ignorant one to base your entire outlook on.

Being oblivious to your own incapacity only reflects on you. No one else.

Awww boohoo eyeball. 

I'm not the one who was sucked in by Dr Ford, H2H transmission, wet markets, infallible vaccines, Russian collusion, Ukrainian collusion, the Bidens are innocent, no biolabs in Ukraine, Rayshard, Floyd, Brionna, mostly peaceful protests, Jussie Smollett, a mass gravesite from indigenous child murders, the scandal-free PM, "I don't see no hate mongerin' from the PM", "beating protesters who are probably racists isn't news" and the list goes on and on.

Every thread here is chock full of old posts of yours that didn't age well. I can't believe that you didn't ditch your  account/username here and rebrand yourself as "CBC Newz Is God" or something. 

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't follow websites

the conservative whom I follow

is William of Orange

as I am an Upper Canadian Orangeman

my ancestor landed at Halifax Harbour, in 1757

we are the Hants County Smith's, from Windsor Nova Scotia, ever since

I don't know what it means to be an Organgeman, but I am a fan of Willian of Orange.

2 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I don't know what it means to be an Organgeman, but I am a fan of Willian of Orange.

the significance to you, as a Canadian, is that it was the founding of your state

the founding of the modern British classically liberal state, that went on to rule the waves by these means

William of Orange, the Dutch Regent, established Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy

the House of Commons & the House of Lords, two sword lengths apart, at Westminster

in the Glorious Revolution 1688

and that is the same Westminster Parliament upon the Hill in Ottawa

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the significance to you, as a Canadian, is that it was the founding of your state

the founding of the modern British classically liberal state, that went on to rule the waves by these means

William of Orange, the Dutch Regent, established Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy

the House of Commons & the House of Lords, two sword lengths apart, at Westminster

in the Glorious Revolution 1688

and that is the same Westminster Parliament upon the Hill in Ottawa

Yes so would that make him the precursor of the Whig party?

17 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Yes so would that make him the precursor of the Whig party?

the Whigs did not come until much later

this is going all the way back, to the birth of our nation, the Enlightenment itself

where we transitioned from medieval feudalism into modern democracy

at the time, the Roman Catholic Church was the Establishment, backed by the French House of Bourbon

the Protestants in Britain rose up against this, in the name of both Martin Luther & Consent of the Governed

then on 28 May 1754, George Washington incited the Seven Years War, at Jumonville Glen

in that war ; on 13 September 1759,

the British Protestants took Canada from the French, upon the Plains of Abraham

Edited by Dougie93

50 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Awww boohoo eyeball. 

I'm not the one who was sucked in by Dr Ford, H2H transmission, wet markets, infallible vaccines, Russian collusion, Ukrainian collusion, the Bidens are innocent, no biolabs in Ukraine, Rayshard, Floyd, Brionna, mostly peaceful protests, Jussie Smollett, a mass gravesite from indigenous child murders, the scandal-free PM, "I don't see no hate mongerin' from the PM", "beating protesters who are probably racists isn't news" and the list goes on and on.

You were sucked in hard. It's all you can talk about.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

the Whigs did not come until much later

this is going all the way back, to the birth of our nation, the Enlightenment itself

where we transitioned from medieval feudalism into modern democracy

at the time, the Roman Catholic Church was the Establishment, backed by the French House of Bourbon

the Protestants in Britain rose up against this, in the name of both Martin Luther & Consent of the Governed

then on 28 May 1754, George Washington incited the Seven Years War, at Jumonville Glen

in that war ; on 13 September 1759,

the British Protestants took Canada from the French, upon the Plains of Abraham

Sounds like you and I are both fans of those that fought the establishment - which was the Catholic/Anglican church-state alliance.  I think however we are being told we are WAY off topic by the moderator.  

• Like 1

So,,,,,war in the Ukraine.  I will be puzzled for years to come how Putin made such a bad gamble.   One thing good about the globalist world we live in, is that rogue states are severely punished by the market place.  I am one of those that believes in the correcting action of the market place instead of wielding the clumsy hammers of the state.  Each day that passes now is one more day that Putin digs Russia's own grave.   

• Like 1