Conservative Leadership September 10th

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

And.... the pipeline is still not being built or going very slowly being interrupted by BC, indigenous et al.

Bottom line is that it will not help Canada, just the profits to the companies. It is Quebec and East that needs Canadian oil.

I'm sorry but suggesting an increase in exports will 'not help Canada' is kind of silly. Our oil and gas exports were the main reason we breezed through the financial crisis. The natural resources industry, unlike most, actually brings money into Canada. Few in the service industry that makes up most of our economy do this. Opening another Tim Hortons or Walmart does nothing for us. It's just different places to recirculate money. In fact, Walmart harms our economy in that it imports almost everything it sells so that our money winds up going across the border and across the ocean.

4 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

hes had a good first week pierrethecoward trending on twitter lol..  lets see what chaos skinny trump causes this week  tuesday-friday when mps go back to work should be entertaining at the very least.

CPC and Liberal Party are led by 2 clowns and nobody is going to vote for the lefty nutter parties (who hold up clown #2

13 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Will not help Canada's reliance on imported oil. As was the discussion.

Oil is a global resource used by every country and its price is largely determined by global markets.  It doesn't really matter much where it comes from.

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

CPC and Liberal Party are led by 2 clowns and nobody is going to vote for the lefty nutter parties (who hold up clown #2

Oil is a global resource used by every country and its price is largely determined by global markets.  It doesn't really matter much where it comes from.

nobody eh? i voted Ndp in 2021 lol. And liberal in 2011 2015 2019 which is every election i been able to vote in missed 2008 by few months. I  would of voted Ndp again in 2025 if cons kept otoole cause i didnt care if he  was in seemed more moderate and not an ahole like harper/scheer/pierre. how ever with pierre in charge my vote will gladly be for liberals trudeau in next election.

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes, it is a global commodity but there are ancillary costs. It costs a lot less by pipeline than by ship.

Plus, the key is  reliance upon other country oil as opposed to self reliant on ours.

Did we learn nothing during the pandemic being reliant on other countries for vaccinations and the supply chain for our needs??

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jack9000 said:

making  crazy statements already i see its Irving that imports the oil not trudeau.. whats pierre gonna do go tell his  partys oil buddies irving to  stop importing oil and use canadian only? i doubt the conservatives  have the balls to do that lmao plus goodluck  trying to order them to do that lol.. he has no solution for  the oil and gas  in canada all he knows how to do is attack attack and attack but offfer 0 solutions.

Irving is a company run for profit, Alberta Bitumen is a 1/3 of the price of Saudi oil, top that off with a nice grant to build a refinery and Ya mr Irving will jump on board with a huge smile while stuffing his pockets. It saves jobs out west, and it increases jobs here in NB, it is a win win... Or do we only do that for Quebec companies.... Not a whole lot of business sense required for that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It does matter, to get it out of the ground you need to pay Canadian workers for that, then Canadian workers to refine it, then Canadians to transport it, then Canadians to sell it , Not to mention all the work that will be providfed to build all that infra structure... all of them paying income taxes which support programs for Canadians... 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

It doesn't really matter much where it comes from.

Except that it is a major industry in western Canada and creates hundreds of thousands of jobs and spin-off jobs that support the industry and billions in economic activity and revenue for the provincial and federal governments.  It means economic prosperity for tens of thousands, maybe millions of Canadians.

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Coming from you it is. We hold you to a higher standard.

Well if it helps, I'm certainly not implying anybody here is a pedophile because they call people groomers.

I'm trying to show that calling someone a groomer does not make you some kind of valorous moral King, and also that that style of proving a point by reporting single incidents - as someone here do - is obviously flawed.