Conservative Leadership September 10th

13 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Mr. Poillievre is banking on the pandemic being under better control by the time the next election occurs,....

Mr. Poillievre is promoting the cancellation of the carbon tax but ignores the obvious result.....

Firing the Governor of the Bank of Canada will not solve infaltion..... 

It says something about Mr. Poillievre's focus when he has all these ideas but is not sharing them with the government....

As someone from Central Canada, I have been looking for complaints of PP.

BTW, I didn't vote for the guy - I chose Charest.

I reckoned that PP would be a good front-bencher for a Charest leader 

=====

I wuz wrong. Even I have to say that the speech of his wife changed everything.

• Like 1

So, the second day of Pollievre as a leader of one of the exactly two this country supposedly parties, and character assassination already began - a long supposedly introduction on CBC quickly turning switching its course to "concerns" about the style of leadership discussion. I'm seriously concerned even worried about mid-term future of this country. Now they know that propaganda works, on a large majority. And there's nothing to limit them.

4 hours ago, August1991 said:

As someone from Central Canada, I have been looking for complaints of PP.

BTW, I didn't vote for the guy - I chose Charest.

I reckoned that PP would be a good front-bencher for a Charest leader 

=====

I wuz wrong. Even I have to say that the speech of his wife changed everything.

What obvious result would be front canceling that stupid carbon tax other than less expensive fuel?

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What obvious result would be front canceling that stupid carbon tax other than less expensive fuel?

Since you ask, Nationalist:

I strongly prefer a tax on CO2 emissions - but no subsidies to anyone for anything else  I strongly oppose subsidies to windmills, solar panels, electric cars, etc

I view this CO2 tax as an insurance premium - we don't know.

I reckon the revenues of the CO2 tax should reduce other taxes - as I say, we don't know.

====

I can live with cap-and-trade but I prefer a CO2 tax.

Message to Bill Gates:

"You fly the plane, burn the kerosene, emit the CO2?  -Pay the premium." 

Edited by August1991

10 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Since you ask, Nationalist:

I strongly prefer a tax on CO2 emissions - but no subsidies to anyone for anything else  I strongly oppose subsidies to windmills, solar panels, electric cars, etc

I view this CO2 tax as an insurance premium - we don't know.

I reckon the revenues of the CO2 tax should reduce other taxes - as I say, we don't know.

====

I can live with cap-and-trade but I prefer a CO2 tax.

Message to Bill Gates:

"You fly the plane, burn the kerosene, emit the CO2?  -Pay the premium." 

The demonization of fossil fuels is a HUGE mistake. We are being told that we must stop burning fossil fuels for energy...BEFORE we have a realistic replacement.

THAT is suicide.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The demonization of fossil fuels is a HUGE mistake. We are being told that we must stop burning fossil fuels for energy...BEFORE we have a realistic replacement.

THAT is suicide.

Which fossil fuels?

====

I prefer a tax on CO2 emissions.

a) I take the view that the tax is a premium - payment for an insurance policy in a world of uncertainty.

b) others view the tax/payment as a signal of virtue (DIE = diversity, inclusive, equity).  

Edited by August1991
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Which fossil fuels?

People who say we need to stop all fossil fuel use immediately do not understand the political economy.  But those who call Climate Change a hoax are equally useless.  In the age of internet we need to figure out how to exclude trolls from discussions.

19 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Which fossil fuels?

====

I prefer a tax on CO2 emissions. 

Which fossil fuels? Really?

This "tax" is asinine. It penalizes all people for using the only source of heating, electricity and countless other power requirements. And for what?

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

People who say we need to stop all fossil fuel use immediately do not understand the political economy.  But those who call Climate Change a hoax are equally useless.  In the age of internet we need to figure out how to exclude trolls from discussions.

Cool. You've taken no position except to pontificate about trolls.

I'm sure glad you're here to contribute Mikey.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Which fossil fuels? Really?

This "tax" is asinine. It penalizes all people for using the only source of heating, electricity and countless other power requirements. And for what?

Nationalist,

Using some fossil fuels emit more CO2 than others.

But you pose a good question - for what? 

2 hours ago, myata said:

So, the second day of Pollievre as a leader of one of the exactly two this country supposedly parties, and character assassination already began - a long supposedly introduction on CBC quickly turning switching its course to "concerns" about the style of leadership discussion. I'm seriously concerned even worried about mid-term future of this country. Now they know that propaganda works, on a large majority. And there's nothing to limit them.

It certainly worked for Mr. Poillievre. (Did I get the spelling right this time?) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Excluding “trolls” from discussion is a terrible idea because some people think that anyone who disagrees with them is a troll.  This is exactly why Musk considered buying Twitter and why many journalists have left Democrat-only rags like the New York Times or communist organizations like TorStar and the CBC.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. Excluding “trolls” from discussion is a terrible idea because some people think that anyone who disagrees with them is a troll.   

1. Freedom of speech necessarily involves bad ideas failing to find an audience and dying.

The raving lunatic will be kicked out of the town hall in real life...

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I concured with Auguste's point
2. Why do you keep responding to posts I make to other people ?  Don't you have a dad ?

I do have a dad...and I'd wager he's a lot more level headed and committed to truth...than you.

But...backhanded insults aside...you said nothing of substance. Just whining about those who oppose your wishy-washy position on...just about everything...and calling them "trolls".

Good work Mikey...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It certainly worked for Mr. Poillievre. (Did I get the spelling right this time?) 

Surely, a laughing matter. A publicly funded supposedly "independent" media group actively involved in political propaganda for the default ruling party. Where do we see this kind of stuff? And how does it end, usually? Anybody interested?