Conservative Leadership September 10th

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

I understand that you'll be wanting to preserve the little dictator in his current position. This doesn't bother me.

You have never understood anything about me, but carry on... it doesn't bother me.  If somebody pointed out Poilievre's tie was crooked you would brand them as a Trudeau lover because you have never had an objective thought in your life.

• Confused 1

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

You have never understood anything about me, but carry on... it doesn't bother me.  If somebody pointed out Poilievre's tie was crooked you would brand them as a Trudeau lover because you have never had an objective thought in your life.

I'm all the things you dislike the most.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Oh, there goes that mean old DogOnPorch...calling a spade a spade. When will the madness end?

How is making something up calling a spade a spade ?

If I called Poilievre a racist without basis, would that be ok ?  Trudeau will be doing that soon and I'll bet you are going to start punching your pillow cushions on that...

Let's hope at least that the Poilievre candidacy will result in professional trolls like taxme stopping with this "never had a real job" garbage...

The president of Ukraine and Ronald Reagan were actual ACTORS before they became historic leaders.  I will give Poilievre a chance, and await his ideas... 

Hopefully the sleaze merchants like DoP will leave the board very soon, so I will be able to speak out freely against Trudeau when he calls Poilievre a racist...

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

How people want to invest their money is of little concern to me over having my basic human rights infringed upon by the fascists in the so-called Liberal Party. I think I'm not alone in that regard. Pierre isn't trying to take the very bread off of my table. Justin is.

Yes but what is Pierre intending to do about the Nazification of Ottawa and Canada? You had a whole half hour in which to raise the most important topic in your life.  I can't believe you would pass up the opportunity to do so.

Edited by eyeball

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I have never heard that expression.... I wish I was a cat sometime though...

Let's grab some spinach sometime...

Spinach is best in a big Italian lasagna layered between cottage cheese and provolone. Mmmmm....good eats.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sharkman said:

A lot will happen between now and an election.  Trudeau is being forced to change Canada’ s currency to a digital one, by this December.  This will allow the government to see what you are spending your money on.  

Good luck with that one, JT.  I can imagine the election debates with more Canadians’ bank accounts frozen.

Cite.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

His talent is obvious but getting involved with Bitcoin showed a serious lack of judgment for a senior Canadian politician. That scam has hooked enough desperate young people already. 

It was about making Canada a centre for blockchain encryption, which is certainly a growing field.  It wasn’t about investing in a digital currency.  I’d be more worried about Trudeau trying to make the Canadian dollar a digital currency, because it means that all your transactions can be tracked and withheld.

17 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It was about making Canada a centre for blockchain encryption, which is certainly a growing field.  It wasn’t about investing in a digital currency.  I’d be more worried about Trudeau trying to make the Canadian dollar a digital currency, because it means that all your transactions can be tracked and withheld.

Two edged sword. It would also make life more difficult for the likes of money launderers and drug dealers.  

Won't happen though, unless the Americans do it first.

Edited by Aristides

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Two edged sword. It would also make life more difficult for the likes of money launderers and drug dealers.  

Won't happen though, unless the Americans do it first.

Much of what’s healthy in our economy is driven by small transactions: $80 for a used table on Kijiji, a cash tip for the newspaper carrier, 10 bucks to the neighbour’s kid for shoveling the driveway.  Running all transactions through the state will make it possible to control behaviour on an unprecedented scale.  It gives far too much power to ideological activist governments who already play loose with constitutional rights and who treat political opponents like lesser beings or criminals.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Cite.

Here’s some background on CBDC’s.  Right now several countries already have some form of digital currencies.

https://www.hoover.org/research/digital-currencies-us-china-and-world-crossroads

At present, all mention of Trudeau’s plans for digital currencies have been wiped, I’ll keep looking…

Edited by sharkman

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

Here’s some background on CBDC’s.  Right now several countries already have some form of digital currencies.

https://www.hoover.org/research/digital-currencies-us-china-and-world-crossroads

Nowhere does it say we are changing over by December. We won't change anything until US monetary policy makes it necessary and when that happens, it won't matter who the PM is.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes but won't it also mean Trudeau's transactions can be tracked as well?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Much of what’s healthy in our economy is driven by small transactions: $80 for a used table on Kijiji, a cash tip for the newspaper carrier, 10 bucks to the neighbour’s kid for shoveling the driveway.  Running all transactions through the state will make it possible to control behaviour on an unprecedented scale.  It gives far too much power to ideological activist governments who already play loose with constitutional rights and who treat political opponents like lesser beings or criminals.  

I agree it has the potential to be problematic and there will have to be safeguards. We do have elections every 4 years and whoever implements it will want to get re elected.