Conservative Leadership September 10th

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

A lot will happen between now and an election.  Trudeau is being forced to change Canada’ s currency to a digital one, by this December.  This will allow the government to see what you are spending your money on.  

Good luck with that one, JT.  I can imagine the election debates with more Canadians’ bank accounts frozen.

This is the problem in Canada. The majority of people are asleep to the increasing controls and overreach that Trudeau has signed us onto without discussion or popular mandate.  You’d think the hurt and division caused by the vaccine mandates, protests, Emergencies Act, ArriveCAN app, and passport fiasco would be THE CENTRAL issue alongside inflation, but half the posters on here who claim to want to throw out Trudeau basically support these policies or at least don’t care.  I don’t support Poilievre in spite of his support of the Freedom Convoy; I support him because of it.

The rest of his platform is middle of the road quaint old-worldly Harper and Chrétien.  I miss that world too, but it’s not our world anymore.  The defence and promotion of Canadians’ interests against international pressure to limit our population’s freedom and wealth to “fight climate change” and other global crusades are major challenges that Trudeau has already lost.   Perhaps there will be a disclosure of abundant clean power that will make these debates moot, but I think the pressure on our oil and gas sector, freedom, and prosperity, will continue and maybe worsen.  Maybe Poilievre can keep the pressure somewhat at bay.  I’m not sure.

I think the younger generations who understand the central surveillance and control possibilities of digital tech and are seeing their opportunities dry up understand what’s at risk.  I think it’s too much to process for many older people.   

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, myata said:

Traditionally: the answer before the question. Why does it need? Does "our system" mean same as "our country" and its citizens (and their interests?).

And by the way, remind please when was the time that "we" created this "our" system? Like in the depths of history, some countries actually created theirs? Sure we can play in this "our" system all we like but can it be changed (in any meaningful, non trivial way) by us, being (supposedly) "our"? Isn't it worth even a tiny bit of reflection?

When we became a country. We chose to have a parliamentary constitutional monarchy system.

The "system" has evolved since 1867 to what we have today. Every single government has brought change and acts and laws and regulations and whatever change that the voting public wanted.

We chose Harpers vision and after 15 years did not like it. We chose Trudeaus vision and promises and after 11 years, some do not like it. Both made changes to our system and the next one will change it as well

Not all people want or wanted change but those that chose the government did and they got it.
It will continue to evolve as long as we elect representatives as we do now.

You have the opportunity to "reflect" at each and every election.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Don't underestimate him.  He's never had a real job, so there's potential for him now that he has to design actual policy.

Did you mean overestimate? Considering he has never had a real job? :)

There is always hope with a new broom :)

• Haha 1

Poilievre talked about some wild things during that campaign that entertained his base but will only divide this country more deeply if he keeps at them. The average voter does not want to hear about Bitcoin, banks or convoys. Address things like health care and the absurd price of telecom services in this country and you’ll have a much bigger audience. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Poilievre talked about some wild things during that campaign that entertained his base but will only divide this country more deeply if he keeps at them. The average voter does not want to hear wild stuff about Bitcoin, banks or convoys. Address things like health care and the absurd price of telecom services in this country and you’ll have a much bigger audience. 

Play to your base to get the job.

Play to the centre to keep it.

19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Play to your base to get the job.

Play to the centre to keep it.

Maybe the strategy of the elites running the Conservative show this time is to turn the whole base into cucks so the center will be fooled into thinking it's safe to vote for/with them.

They're probably already headhunting Liberal Party strategists as we speak.

4 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

He was way ahead in that contest. There was no need to keep the crazy talk going so long. He’ll be asked about that Bitcoin nonsense for a long time to come. 

Meh...we'll see how crazy. A popular fellow. People want to be around this guy. I can only see him getting more popular...not less. He took the time to talk with everyone of the thousands who lined-up to get a photo with him. His wife is gorgeous and equally adept at handling crowds. Myself and a few friends chatted with him for about half an hour without feeling rushed along. That takes talent.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

The failed school teacher, woman groper and black face was good enough for the left…

Like many I was pretty shocked that the idiot (and apparently fascist) Trudeau could get elected on his name alone. No bothering to check and see if he had molested any kids while he was a substitute...etc.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Meh...we'll see how crazy. A popular fellow. People want to be around this guy. I can only see him getting more popular...not less. He took the time to talk with everyone of the thousands who lined-up to get a photo with him. His wife is gorgeous and equally adept at handling crowds. Myself and a few friends chatted with him for about half an hour without feeling rushed along. That takes talent.

His talent is obvious but getting involved with Bitcoin showed a serious lack of judgment for a senior Canadian politician. That scam has hooked enough desperate young people already. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

His talent is obvious but getting involved with Bitcoin showed a serious lack of judgment for a senior Canadian politician. That scam has hooked enough desperate young people already. 

How people want to invest their money is of little concern to me over having my basic human rights infringed upon by the fascists in the so-called Liberal Party. I think I'm not alone in that regard. Pierre isn't trying to take the very bread off of my table. Justin is.

• Like 1

Glad PP pointed out some of major failings of the Liberal government in his acceptance speech.  He mentioned the disasters of the Passport office, the ArriveCan app, the affordability crisis, the housing crisis, etc.  He really has his guns set on the disaster which is the Liberal-NDP coalition.   If he keeps focused on those things, he will be a resounding success.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

1. Like many I was pretty shocked that the idiot (and apparently fascist) Trudeau could get elected on his name alone.

2. No bothering to check and see if he had molested any kids while he was a substitute...etc.

1. Likewise, I am and was against dynasties for this reason.
2. Total sleaze, uncalled for to insinuate such things.