Conservative Leadership September 10th

Canada has never had a Conservative Prime Minister who was not a Red Tory (except maybe Harper). The overwhelming majority of voters in Canada are either Blue Grits or Red Tories and the latter are the largest. Inspite of my earlier diatribe about the socreds, it doesn't really matter what lable a Prime Minister wears. What counts - the only thing that counts- is their administrative ability, the willingness to listen to people who know more than they do and their ability to make decisions that are pragmatic, not based on ideology. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

45 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

that's the Vimy Myth

it's not unique tho

the Australians & New Zealanders have the exact same myth

they just call it the ANZAC Myth

all these myths were born in the Great War

the characteristic they share however, is that they are not actually true

your Canada always was based on bullshit, you're just noticing it now

Every country has its myths, but I’ve always defended Canada’s raison d’être.  The problem I have isn’t with my belief in the history or potential of Canada as a nation state, but the apparent attempt by our own political leaders and media to attack it.  I’ve been reading about Victorian Britain and it was a brutal world for many.  PMs Wellington, Adelaide, Peel, and Disraeli were essentially in a constant battle against the Chartists and Anti-Corn Law free traders to manage the calls for reform and to prevent revolution.  The poverty and labour conditions in mines and factories were deplorable, including for women and children.  Gradually the right to vote expanded, religious economic bias subsided, work hours were reduced, and something we’d recognize as modern democracy emerged.  The 1840s potato famines were horrific for British controlled Ireland.  Canada and the US were lands of opportunity.  The US was freer until about the 1960’s draft for Vietnam, and of course Canada never had a revolution or civil war resulting in tens of thousands of deaths.  Canada made very impressive contributions for its size in both great wars.  We also managed to mesh two major cultural groups and religions that had been at war abroad for centuries.

The stories of residential schools must be understood in the harsh context of a population desperate for publicly funded education that was universally seen as a social good.  We now know that the burial grounds described at residential schools didn’t all contain graves and the ones that did usually resulted from the same plights of disease that faced the wider society, albeit under more adverse conditions.

To see our PM constantly throw Canada under the bus, treat half the citizens like second class lesser beings, and compromise our constitutional rights is too much to bear.

The greatness is here in Canada but only great leadership can channel it.  The population also has to assert our rights and demand that government doesn’t stifle opportunity.  Things could be much better here.  I hope it’s not too late, but I’m having big doubts.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you're not the mushy middle

you're a woke far leftist lunatic who extols the virtues of Antifa

Antifa being the East German Communist Party

of course you like Queenmandy

because he's a sellout to Communist traitors like you

Queenmandy would bend over backwards to lick the ball sweat off of Chairman Mao's scrotum

and the likes of you cheer him on for it

You're full of hate today, did someone p*ss in your wheaties?

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

George Washington is the father of both nations

when he, as a Briton, attacked the French at Jumonville Glen (now Uniontown Pennsylvania ) on 28 May 1754

thus inciting the Seven Years War

which led to the creation of Canada

by force of arms, upon the Plains of Abraham

that is how Canada was created, in the Treaty of Paris

when the French House of Bourbon signed both Canada & India over to the House of Hanover  on the same day

the birth of the British Empire,

10 February 1763

the only spirit which upholds Canada

is the British Crown

love it or leave it

Bah!

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

it's not hatred to point at that, rather than being in the middle, you are a far leftist lunatic

merely stating the obvious

I’m afraid that the more radical views that seemed amusing and clearly beyond the pale just 10 years ago have entered our mainstream educational programming, corporate training, and government.  Many of the posters on here don’t get it because they’re out of the workforce.  I live the dream every day.  I’ve attended the anti-Black racism training, said the land acknowledgments demanding reparations, responded to the emails with gender pronoun signatures, and listened to members of the organization one by one proclaim that Canada is a colonial racist country of which we should be ashamed.  I’ve received the rainbow posters that are required to be posted, and been made to read chapters from books by self-proclaimed Marxists that say we must understand how racist we are.  I’ve never seen such a radical political agenda pervade our organizations and country as much as these past two years, not even close.  Hardner thinks it’s still 1995.  Dialamah is like my whiny NDP aunt who asks for money all the time and pisses everyone off.  The country needs a major correction to the centre, which will be very difficult with so many complaisant and gullible people.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

"Canuck"  is an American word

a pejorative for "Canadian" invented by the Americans in 1835

originally a pejorative term for Dutch & German Canadians

the Americans used to spell it Kanuck

but the "C" was added in the 1850s

And? Yankee has a pejorative meaning here. So what?

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you're not really a Canuck

you are totally Americanized, you really know nothing about Canada, you don't know your own history

I know what I am. You may postulate all you like but, nothing will change my being Canadian. 

You are the dirt you came from.

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I live the dream every day.  I’ve attended the anti-Black racism training, said the land acknowledgments demanding reparations, responded to the emails with gender pronoun signatures, and listened to members of the organization one by one proclaim that Canada is a colonial racist country of which we should be ashamed. 

all of that is simply imported from America

it fills the void that Canada has become, without a history

the government first erased Canadian history, many years ago

then the Americans simply moved in and imposed theirs instead

Edited by Dougie93

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

all of that is simply imported from America

it fills the void that Canada has become, without a history

the government first erased Canadian history, many years ago

then the Americans simply moved in and imposed theirs instead

Well it’s grotesque.  I do think these are mostly American ideas sparked by American events like the death of George Floyd that are untypical of Canada, but yes, when government authorities keep reopening old wounds in an attempt to look like saviours, this is the result.  I feel sorry for the next generation.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Canada has never had a Conservative Prime Minister who was not a Red Tory (except maybe Harper). The overwhelming majority of voters in Canada are either Blue Grits or Red Tories and the latter are the largest. Inspite of my earlier diatribe about the socreds, it doesn't really matter what lable a Prime Minister wears. What counts - the only thing that counts- is their administrative ability, the willingness to listen to people who know more than they do and their ability to make decisions that are pragmatic, not based on ideology. 

most Canadians are Communist traitors

listening to them only drives Canada into the ground

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

most Canadians are Communist traitors

listening to them only drives Canada into the ground

I actually appreciate Queenmandy’s optimism.  I don’t have it for this country right now.  I see too much that’s wrong and not enough signs of hope, so I actually need to hear people extol Canada.  I wish I could do it but I couldn’t put on rose coloured glasses after February 2022.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I actually appreciate Queenmandy’s optimism.  I don’t have it for this country right now.  I see too much that’s wrong and not enough signs of hope, so I actually need to hear people extol Canada.  I wish I could do it but I couldn’t put on rose coloured glasses after February 2022.  

I don't see the optimism in Queenmandy

he's the classic "Conservative"

who supports all the lunatic policies of the NDP

Canada is overrun with these idiots, hence why it's a threshold Communist country at this juncture

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

better late than never

welcome to the party

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't see the optimism in Queenmandy

he's the classic "Conservative"

who supports all the lunatic policies of the NDP

Canada is overrun with these idiots, hence why it's a threshold Communist country at this juncture

indeed

Queenmandy is also terrified at the thought of anyone other than these idiots who have overrun Canada

getting elected as leader of the CPC

and would rather side with the NDP

just another cuckservative communist traitor

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You get extra points for giving us Elim Garak. Thank you.?

My son and I got to meet Andy Robinson at Val-Con in Vulcan Alberta. He is a real gentleman.

nice

Garak is my favorite Star Trek character

Andrew Robinson did a great job with the role

Deep Space Nine is by far the best Star Trek series

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1