Conservative Leadership September 10th

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Florida had the best overall approach, keeping the economy open, providing vaccines and anti-virals, and maintaining individual rights.

Florida vs California. Similar demographics except Florida has far more "old" people.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-05-07/california-versus-florida-a-covid-reckoning

The California-Florida Covid Mortality Difference

Covid-19 deaths since Jan. 2020 per 100,000 in age group*

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

*Data as of May 4, 2022, with rates calculated using 2021 CDC age-group population estimates

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And yet you're the one who would protect the privilege of politicians to be feted in secret behind closed doors by lobbyists from the same Big Pharmas, Media, Tech yadda yadda yadda that you're so paranoid is behind your enslavement.

This is what makes you a loon. You know full well governments and lobbyists would recoil in horror from my ideas on forcing transparency and accountability but I'm the sycophant. Lol!

Though I’m a “loon” and I would need clarity about the specifics of your ban on in camera lobbying, I think I’d support it.  

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Florida vs California. Similar demographics except Florida has far more "old" people.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-05-07/california-versus-florida-a-covid-reckoning

The California-Florida Covid Mortality Difference

Covid-19 deaths since Jan. 2020 per 100,000 in age group*

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

*Data as of May 4, 2022, with rates calculated using 2021 CDC age-group population estimates

For me success isn’t just about so called Covid death levels.  China had low Covid death rates but I consider China’s Covid approach grossly oppressive and horrifying.  

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Though I’m a “loon” and I would need clarity about the specifics of your ban on in camera lobbying, I think I’d support it.  

It's pretty simple really. Just add, to the existing Lobbying Act, the principle that the public has a right to listen to discussions between paid lobbyists and public officials.

That's it. It shouldn't take long to determine if lobbyists and public officials are trying to get around the rules if what the government delivers to lobbyists doesn't match up with what was discussed. I've suggested borrowing/modifying a principle of Robert's Rules of Order to facilitate accountability ie: if the meeting wasn't recorded then no business can be carried forward. If we need too we could add further measures later right on up to contact tracing lobbyists and public officials that refuse to get with the program.

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

For me success isn’t just about so called Covid death levels.  China had low Covid death rates but I consider China’s Covid approach grossly oppressive and horrifying.  

Death levels are what all were trying to prevent.

My point in showing that is the constant Florida is so much better than others BS. You were a key proponent of that stuff. You did say "Florida had the best overall approach, keeping the economy open, providing vaccines and anti-virals, and maintaining individual rights. "

No one knows (or will ever know) how many Chinese died of COVID because China only releases what makes them look good.

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Death levels are what all were trying to prevent.

My point in showing that is the constant Florida is so much better than others BS. You were a key proponent of that stuff. You did say "Florida had the best overall approach, keeping the economy open, providing vaccines and anti-virals, and maintaining individual rights. "

No one knows (or will ever know) how many Chinese died of COVID because China only releases what makes them look good.

Florida is one of the last free jurisdictions.  Canada is probably a write-off.  

8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

No, unless you have evidence otherwise, it is a fact.

Plug that into your ArriveCan app on the way to your child’s university mandatory vaccination appointment.   Make sure you put less nitrogen in your soil.  Just remember, any complaints and we’ll need to look at your access to bank accounts.  

• Like 1

Back to the topic at hand which has nothing to do with the pandemic and Florida etc.

I miss delegated conventions. Where is the excitement when the votes are already in?  Where is the interaction between the campaigns on the convention floor? I realize with the on going pandemic, it isn't possible now, but it would bring back the sense of party to political conventions. Politics is supposed to be fun. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Plug that into your ArriveCan app on the way to your child’s university mandatory vaccination appointment.   Make sure you put less nitrogen in your soil.  Just remember, any complaints and we’ll need to look at your access to bank accounts.  

What babble  is it you are spouting??

Cannot answer the question again?? "No, unless you have evidence otherwise, it is a fact. "

Edited by ExFlyer

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You have a question?

Yes.

I said"Florida is as free as all the other states (well, minus whatever de santis is banning :). ) "

You said " Wishful thinking  "

I asked "No, unless you have evidence otherwise, it is a fact. "

So, the question do you have any evidence ?

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes.

I said"Florida is as free as all the other states (well, minus whatever de santis is banning :). ) "

You said " Wishful thinking  "

I asked "No, unless you have evidence otherwise, it is a fact. "

So, the question do you have any evidence ?

Florida got the anti-vitals ahead of everywhere else, locked down the least, and stuck it to all the CRT identity politics nut jobs the most. ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

You got zero clue what you are talking about like usual just  stop lol

Take the initiative to get a job yet?  Still a parasite on the govt. teat for seven (7) months a year?  Business shut-downs for lack of staff . . . . you on pogey/welfare for seven (7) months a year . . . . sleep well, the Canadian tax-payer has your back.

• Haha 1

Pierre Poillieve is about to become leader of the CPC. There are similarities between Mr. Poillieve and Prime Minister Trudeau. 

Their ascension to the leadership was / is a coronation. Both men are all flash and no bang. Glib one liners like "because it's 2015" or "Justinflation." Mr. Poillievre is very entertaining but, like the Prime Minister, he is big on broad promises about solving the economy but he never actually specifies how he will do that in the face of the crisis in healthacare and the on going pandemic ( which if we are lucky is half over, going by historical evidence), the coming climate catastrophe, and the war in Ukraine, which could easily get a lot bigger and a lot worse. Like the Prime Minister, all he says is he will solve all our problems. Well, Bucko, I can make the same promise and would have the same results.

Why can't we get someone who will turn us into a team, all pulling in the same direction and focusing on solutions, not blame.

• Like 1

I agree that civility is paramount (including towards journalists and politicians we disagree with).  However, we need a big move back to centre to reassert Canadian interests, freedoms, prosperity, and sovereignty.  The money-sucking climate scare rhetoric has to go.   The focus on identity politics in government, education, and business must go.  The unnecessary and costly endless war in Ukraine must end with a clear and enforceable, realistic  agreement.  Government must focus on reducing the cost of living and raising the prosperity and freedom of all Canadians.  If people feel that hard work pays off, their lives are improving, and  they are free to speak their minds to accountable leaders who will listen, everyone will win.  Accountability is key   Leave the elites from global, unaccountable organizations who pretend to know better than citizens out of the equation   Keep government as locally accountable as possible.

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

they are free to speak their minds to accountable leaders who will listen,

Not even politicians can please everyone all the time.  If I think addressing climate change is the most important issue and you disagree, one of us isn't going to feel "listened" to no matter what government does.  As citizens, we have to expect that our pet issues aren't necessarily going to be part of government vision.  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why can't we get someone who will turn us into a team, all pulling in the same direction and focusing on solutions, not blame.

because Canadian Confederation, the only Confederation of the British Empire, is not & never was an unitary state

there are at least five de facto distinct nations with Confederation

Ontario, Quebec, Western Canada, British Columbia, the Maritimes, the North & First Nations

and none of those nations actually get along

the only thing binding them all together

is the menace of the American revolutionary republic ever  at the gates

and the monarchy

which allows for the Two Solitudes between English & French Canada

a shotgun marriage, cobbled together in a panic, in the face of a feared American invasion in 1866

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 2:19 PM, ExFlyer said:

What babble  is it you are spouting??

Cannot answer the question again?? "No, unless you have evidence otherwise, it is a fact. "

that's not how facts work

the burden of proof is on the one making the claim

your assertions are not facts

no one has to prove otherwise

you have to prove it's a fact