Conservative Leadership September 10th

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right ?  It's a pile on of people just repeating buzzwords like "Democrat Marxists" "Wokism"

Zero context, zero analysis and generally unprincipled low-intellect contributions...

This is why Trudeau will win a 4th term - people can't offer an alternative that rises above name calling...

Has it always been people like this? Lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dialamah said:

I'm disappointed.  Did you serve our country, or only conservatives?

Disappointed in my humor. Did we have a choice in who we served? And I'm sorry, to disappoint you, but my answer would be neither, country or government parties. I served the men and women in uniform and swore allegiance to the Queen. nowhere did it say anything about the country, governments, or Canadians. I  learned very early in my career that our country does not give a rats ass about its military or members that served in it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, West said:

It's sad that lefties are ride or die with a guy like Trudeau. Slings accusations of "racism" at others while bullying minorities, groping women, and wearing blackface more times than one can count.

If Liberals had any ounce of integrity (they don't) the guy would've been punted years ago. 

As the Americans proved, morality and integrety are not criteria voters concern themselves with.  (coughTrumpcough)

Edited by Queenmandy85

Were you in Creston at that time? It is interesting that you would make that accusation. The individual who first made that accusation was a person who also was not there and the alleged victim said it did not happen. Why would you put yourself in legal jeopardy by repeating an unfounded accusation unless you have the evidence to defend yourself in Court?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Were you in Creston at that time? It is interesting that you would make that accusation. The individual who first made that accusation was a person who also was not there and the alleged victim said it did not happen. Why would you put yourself in legal jeopardy by repeating an unfounded accusation unless you have the evidence to defend yourself in Court?

Just a question, So you did not for one second think any money was involved like a payout or did someone talk to her and suggest they be quiet. Both are plausible, just as much as the person denied it, But when you come down to it, you can get canceled for anything these days, even if it was not true Justin has done many similar things most people would not even consider, Black face, one scandal after another, this one is just one more on the pile. 

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Justin has done many similar things most people would not even consider, Black face,

In a Christmas play, I played a Nubian Slave with blackface. Nobody knew it was wrong. In Creston, a woman heard a rumour that another woman was groped by a guy named Trudeau. He was not a politician, just a private citizen.

That is all it was, a rumour. The woman who was the object of the rumour said it never happened. Unless someone has evidence, your supposition is based on nothing, just gossip. Some people want it to be true because they have an irrational  hatred for a politician. I disagree with some of the governments policies but there is no excuse for hate, especially over politics. I support the Montreal Canadiens but is that a reason to hate Sidney Crosby? Politics is a sport and like any sport, it is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game. Prime Minister Trudeau has not done anything of signifgance differently in government that Prime Ministers Harper or Chretien or Mulroney would have done. No matter who is Prime Minister, if you believe you could do things differently, you are very likely wrong. On the major crises the current government has faced (NAFTA, Covid) , they obtained support from the CPC and the NDP.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

Looking at the line up of the candidates in the CPC leadership campaign, four of them have a chance to win. Mr. Poilievere, Mr. Charest, Mr. Brown and possibly Mr. Aitchison. All four of them would do a good job as Prime Minister. They are all men of integrity and ability, so the decision of who to support needs to be based on who can defeat the Liberals.

Mr. Poilievre is considered the front runner, but faces the same issue as Mr. O'Toole in that he will have to abandon his promises made during the leadership campaign when he gets into the General Election.

Mr. Brown is a seasoned campaigner and there is a reason the Poilievre campaign is attacking him so much. They are worried that he is the real challenger. 

Mr. Aitchinson is the good guy. He is the guy in the white hat, like David Crombie, the tiny perfect mayor who everybody liked and respected, but Mayor Crombie couldn't translate that into actual support. Let's hope Scott can do that.

Mr. Charest has a larger national profile than the others. He has been critisized for having agreed to be a Liberal Premier of Quebec because he was the best choice to defeat the separatists. That will be a handicap in the leadership race but in a general election, the Conservative party will need to win votes away from the Liberals in order to win. Who better to win over disaffected Liberals than that. 

So, you fellow members of the Conservative Party, when you prepare to vote, do you want Mr. Poilievre who has run an ideologically correct leadership campaign that will harm him in a general election, Mr. Brown who endured a scandal regardless of the fact he was exonerated, Mr. Aitchison who believes in a clean campaign, or Mr. Charest who will have to struggle with having been lent to the Grits to defeat the separatists, but will draw support away from the Liberals.

It is our choice. If we choose wisely, we may not have to have Prime Minister Trudeau after the next election. 

Apologies to the supporters of Ms. Lewis. I do not see a path to victory for her.

Mr. Baber does not have a hope and is irrelevant.

Edited by Queenmandy85

22 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Looking at the line up of the candidates in the CPC leadership campaign, four of them have a chance to win. Mr. Poilievere, Mr. Charest, Mr. Brown and possibly Mr. Aitchison. All four of them would do a good job as Prime Minister. 

The Toronto Sun is now gunning for Poilievre... as is the entire Conservative establishment

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-poilievre-shills-conspiracy-theories-to-sell-memberships

Stephen Harper wouldn’t be considered good enough for a cabinet position in a government led by Pierre Poilievre. In his latest pitch for votes from the fringe, the Conservative leadership candidate said that he won’t accept ministers attending the annual summit of the World Economic Forum.

Of course, Poilievre’s campaign co-chair, John Baird should be fired since he attended and spoke for Canada at the WEF in 2014.

That's right - his own campaign co-chair is a pawn of Soros... sorry [downloading latest scapegoat billionaire] Klaus Schwab....   The Doug Fords and Pierre Poilievres of the world hate the Convoy types more than Trudeau because they pretend to support them, while really just using them to win at convention.

Enjoy your Liberal Marxist Wokism folks, you are literally pleading for the Liberal/NDP team to dominate you for years to come...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Looking at the line up of the candidates in the CPC leadership campaign, four of them have a chance to win. Mr. Poilievere, Mr. Charest, Mr. Brown and possibly Mr. Aitchison. All four of them would do a good job as Prime Minister. They are all men of integrity and ability, so the decision of who to support needs to be based on who can defeat the Liberals.

Mr. Poilievre is considered the front runner, but faces the same issue as Mr. O'Toole in that he will have to abandon his promises made during the leadership campaign when he gets into the General Election.

Mr. Brown is a seasoned campaigner and there is a reason the Poilievre campaign is attacking him so much. They are worried that he is the real challenger. 

Mr. Aitchinson is the good guy. He is the guy in the white hat, like David Crombie, the tiny perfect mayor who everybody liked and respected, but Mayor Crombie couldn't translate that into actual support. Let's hope Scott can do that.

Mr. Charest has a larger national profile than the others. He has been critisized for having agreed to be a Liberal Premier of Quebec because he was the best choice to defeat the separatists. That will be a handicap in the leadership race but in a general election, the Conservative party will need to win votes away from the Liberals in order to win. Who better to win over disaffected Liberals than that. 

So, you fellow members of the Conservative Party, when you prepare to vote, do you want Mr. Poilievre who has run an ideologically correct leadership campaign that will harm him in a general election, Mr. Brown who endured a scandal regardless of the fact he was exonerated, Mr. Aitchison who believes in a clean campaign, or Mr. Charest who will have to struggle with having been lent to the Grits to defeat the separatists, but will draw support away from the Liberals.

It is our choice. If we choose wisely, we may not have to have Prime Minister Trudeau after the next election. 

Apologies to the supporters of Ms. Lewis. I do not see a path to victory for her.

Mr. Baber does not have a hope and is irrelevant.

3 of the 4 you mean Pierre would be the only one who would be a bad pm

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The Toronto Sun is now gunning for Poilievre... as is the entire Conservative establishment

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-poilievre-shills-conspiracy-theories-to-sell-memberships

That's right - his own campaign co-chair is a pawn of Soros... sorry [downloading latest scapegoat billionaire] Klaus Schwab....   The Doug Fords and Pierre Poilievres of the world hate the Convoy types more than Trudeau because they pretend to support them, while really just using them to win at convention.

Enjoy your Liberal Marxist Wokism folks, you are literally pleading for the Liberal/NDP team to dominate you for years to come...

Millions of Canadians got a wake up call this year about the precarious state of Canadian democracy because they saw how government could pick favourites and use vilifying rhetoric and “emergency” measures to trounce on political opponents and really anyone who takes exception to policies that are themselves suspect and likely unconstitutional, such as vaccine mandates and vaccine passports for travel, etc.

We also learned this year just how deeply involved our government had become with unelected international bodies like the WEF.  I don’t think Baird or many politicians who attended WEF and similar international events years ago saw just how influential these bodies can be.  We had UN planes and international police breaking up protests and supporting dubious government measures against Canadians.

Hardner, you and Queenmandy talk about current political options as though it’s the era of Chrétien.  Baird, Charest, and many other politicians from that time bring different tools than the ones needed today.  In all seriousness, our very democracy, prosperity, and way of life are in real danger now, because governments have recently shown how easily citizens’ rights can be suspended to fight causes that are being defined from the top down internationally, whether it’s climate change, a public health crisis, or an international so-called aggressor such as Russia.

Our government has borrowed billions against future generations of Canadians to fight these causes.  Frankly, I don’t believe carbon taxes are wise or necessary.  They are adding to crushing costs caused by inflationary government overspending.  I don’t believe in vaccine mandates because I don’t think there’s any just cause with the current variant and high societal immunity.  What’s more, I don’t believe our government should be spending billions of Canadian tax dollars prolonging war in Ukraine and propping up its sketchy government.  Humanitarian aid and ensuring self-determination are good, but military escalation without a clear path to a political solution isn’t a plan.  Of course a political solution should be backstopped by threat of force.

Trudeau Jr.  has increased the size and power of government, divided Canadians, helped raise the cost of living, and has genuinely hurt millions of Canadians who opposed vaccine mandates, including many like me who are vaccinated.

We need a strong new leader who sees the damage that has been done and has credible tools to fix it.  Charest can play a role, so can milquetoasts like Brown (a genuinely decent guy by the way), but we need someone like Poilievre who is smart on the current issues, tough, and experienced to get our country back to centre.  The threats of left-wing radical interests and government overreach are more real and present than ever in my lifetime.  I think future generations would like to be able to own homes, travel and speak freely, and feel proud of their country.

Here’s an article on Trudeau Jr.‘s loyal older supporters:

https://apple.news/AfM8DSw8eQ8um35stQnyViw

Edited by Zeitgeist

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We had UN planes and international police breaking up protests and supporting dubious government measures against Canadians.

You will have to elaborate. I was on an American Conservative forum and there was a photo of police in riot gear as part of the operation to clear the occupation in Ottawa. These Americans said these were "UN troops." They didn't even speak English. I enlarged the photo and there were the shoulder flashes of the Surete' du Quebec. So, I have to hope you are speaking of some real incident and not an American fantasy. 

As for carbon taxes, you didn't say how you would get people to reduce their carbon emissions. Are you suggesting rationing? 

I guess one alternative is to keep doing what we are doing and basically toss our great grandchildren on the barbecue.

13 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You will have to elaborate. I was on an American Conservative forum and there was a photo of police in riot gear as part of the operation to clear the occupation in Ottawa. These Americans said these were "UN troops." They didn't even speak English. I enlarged the photo and there were the shoulder flashes of the Surete' du Quebec. So, I have to hope you are speaking of some real incident and not an American fantasy. 

As for carbon taxes, you didn't say how you would get people to reduce their carbon emissions. Are you suggesting rationing? 

I guess one alternative is to keep doing what we are doing and basically toss our great grandchildren on the barbecue.

Carbon taxes will not lead to any measurable reduction in emissions, especially with 400,000 new immigrants coming each year under Trudeau’s de facto climate change acceleration.  They are pure oppression towards Canadians.  The Yanks under Biden won’t impose them and they’re getting better emissions reductions than Canada.  The fact that Trudeau won’t remove them when gas prices have doubled in a year is cruelty.

The pictures of UN planes were real and those reports had multiple cites.  The evidence of our government’s over reliance on international bodies to direct policy is cited by the heads of these organizations and Trudeau himself.  “We cannot go back” to pre-pandemic ways was cited both by Schwab and Trudeau in many variations.  I don’t know how conscious any of this is on Trudeau’s part.  He’s naive and has strange ideas about Canada and freedom: “post national state”, admirer of Chinese dictatorship, endless shame for Canada’s “colonialism”, etc.  Even Soros sees the threats of closed societies to open ones more than Trudeau.  JT is a Great Reset true believer.   

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The pictures of UN planes were real

Of course they were real. That company has the service contract for UN aircraft. The best way to deal with our energy problem and carbon emissions is to start transitioning to nuclear power now. There is a lot of money to be made, particularly in western Canada. We are the Saudi Arabia of uranium. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 8:47 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

In a Christmas play, I played a Nubian Slave with blackface. Nobody knew it was wrong. In Creston, a woman heard a rumour that another woman was groped by a guy named Trudeau. He was not a politician, just a private citizen.

That is all it was, a rumour. The woman who was the object of the rumour said it never happened. Unless someone has evidence, your supposition is based on nothing, just gossip. Some people want it to be true because they have an irrational  hatred for a politician. I disagree with some of the governments policies but there is no excuse for hate, especially over politics. I support the Montreal Canadiens but is that a reason to hate Sidney Crosby? Politics is a sport and like any sport, it is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game. Prime Minister Trudeau has not done anything of signifgance differently in government that Prime Ministers Harper or Chretien or Mulroney would have done. No matter who is Prime Minister, if you believe you could do things differently, you are very likely wrong. On the major crises the current government has faced (NAFTA, Covid) , they obtained support from the CPC and the NDP.

Bullshit, his entire life becomes public once elected to office, and people in the public light are held accountable for each discrepancy just like any person declared public. Do you think Johnny dep wants his past marriage made public...does he have a choice? Not only is the man or woman going to be judged in Canada but around the world as well. 

And yet others have been canceled due to rumors', The General that was handling the logistics of Covid, The alleged incident happened 30 plus years ago, it to was not proven and still is not proven, and yet his reputation and career are over. Or take a look at the Vice CDS an Admiral who was fired and his career destroyed over a rumor and allegation.  I'm sure if I took some more time to research there are many more cases just like this one. But I get it the PM has different rules. 

Every government should be held accountable for its actions, you see it as hate, and maybe some of it is, but you can't compare any PM with Justin.

And i do believe that things should be done differently, and better results should be not expected but demanded. I mean this is the highest office in our nation and Canadians barely pay attention to the happenings going on in Ottawa, or have become numb to it. 

NAFTA was not the big of a win, in fact, we lost ground on several items, and let's not even mention the aluminum thing, and Covid it was not a win , at best a tie, there are plenty of things that could have been handled better...I'm sure everyone could list at least ten things that had gone south.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Of course they were real. That company has the service contract for UN aircraft. The best way to deal with our energy problem and carbon emissions is to start transitioning to nuclear power now. There is a lot of money to be made, particularly in western Canada. We are the Saudi Arabia of uranium. 

Not going to happen, for the same reason, we can not build more pipelines or refineries. the left side does not like them period. 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:30 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Right ?  It's a pile on of people just repeating buzzwords like "Democrat Marxists" "Wokism"

Zero context, zero analysis and generally unprincipled low-intellect contributions...

This is why Trudeau will win a 4th term - people can't offer an alternative that rises above name calling...

When your competition is racist backwoods religious nutters and a bunch of hippie commies it must be pretty good to be a Liberal.

Turns out common sense isn't as common as it's made out.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:30 AM, Michael Hardner said:

When your competition is racist backwoods religious nutters and a bunch of hippie commies it must be pretty good to be a Liberal.

Turns out common sense isn't as common as it's made out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I mean this is the highest office in our nation

I agree people should not be sanctioned based on unproven rumours. 

I have to correct your assertion that the PM is the highest office in the land. It is the second highest appointed position in Canada.The office of Prime Minister is filled by appointment. Generally, it is occupied by a Member of Parliament. But, the Prime Minister is Appointed. The position is hardly mentioned in the Constitution. It may be the most powerful position in the nation but he only has the authority of a member of the ministry to which he is appointed. As Michael Vope pointed out, he just borrows the authority. He doesn't own it. If you were a Conservative, you would know these things.

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not going to happen, for the same reason, we can not build more pipelines or refineries. the left side does not like them period. 

That is an indictment on the education system. The burning of fossil fuels to generate energy, in accordance with the manual, will continue to put massive amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, leading to the potential mass extinction to rival the Permian.

10 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is an indictment on the education system. The burning of fossil fuels to generate energy, in accordance with the manual, will continue to put massive amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, leading to the potential mass extinction to rival the Permian.

Only for individuals, IMO.  I took the first polling company poll that came up on the topic - which was the first result, so I didn't cherry pick.  ABACUS poll from last 2021 says 70% agree the earth is warming (7% say not) and 75% of them say humans are causing this.  So overall, education system hasn't scored badly.

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So what you are saying is the the left does not want to see increasing carbon emissions. Are you saying the right does want to see the continual increase in greenhouse gases in the atmosphere? If so, you are saying the left is more intelligent than the right. If I am misinterpreting you, please explain.