Conservative Leadership September 10th

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

That business of thinking they've found Pierre's kryptonite by attacking his support of crypto and willingness to fire the Bank of Canada head seems to have come out of the last debate.

When a candidate says something that stupid, it doesn't really matter who calls him out. Electing a moron as leader is not a winning strategy for the Conservative party. I am sure Mr. Poilievre is a nice guy and he certainly has a reputation for integrity, but he has shown a pattern of lapses in judgement. The attacks on the Bank of Canada is by far the most serious. 

A Poilievre victory in the leadership campaign is not scary, just disappointing. It means we will have a leader incapable of defeating the Liberals for the next 7 years. Prime Minister Trudeau can relax and enjoy the office, while he keeps the seat warm for Xavier who will be in his twenties.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Considered by whom? You? WAPO? NYT? Joe 'what day is it today' Biden?

The Atlantic?...he asks jokingly...

Fact is...Libbie media and the Democrats have been wrong wrong wrong about everything for the last 6 years...or more.

Russia...wrong

Impeachment...twice...wrong

Border...wrong

foreign relations...wrong

energy...wrong

economy...disaster.

Eventually the question becomes...who cares what people who are habitually wrong...think? THEY'RE WRONG!

As I said, google it.

Spouting trumps failures does not impress me LOL

The most impeached president in history and is still fighting a losing battle. The rest of his life will be in litigation for his stupidity. Even his trusted pals are now turning him in and telling the truth about how idiotic he was.

Until the Conservative party gets serious about returning to the idea of good government, the Trudeau dynasty will continue. I have always supported Mr. Charest and it is telling that when the Quebec Liberal Party was looking for a leader to defeat the separatists, they turned to Mr. Charest, the federal leader of the Conservative party. That is how much respect people have for him. 

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Sure they did...with illegal ballots and uncontrolled counting. NT ballots trucked to Pennsylvania. Broken water mains...I mean plugged toilet in Georgia. Tons of BS in Michigan. Several other embarassing little "mishaps" as well.

Ya...Biden is POTUS...that's as far as anyone can honestly go.

Illegal ballots HA HA HA

His own VP knew he was a loser.

He lost every court challenge on that, even with republican judges and governors.

His own people are turning on the fool. Writing books about how crooked and idiotic he was and is.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Considered by whom? You? WAPO? NYT? Joe 'what day is it today' Biden?

The Atlantic?...he asks jokingly...

Fact is...Libbie media and the Democrats have been wrong wrong wrong about everything for the last 6 years...or more.

economy...disaster.

Eventually the question becomes...who cares what people who are habitually wrong...think? THEY'RE WRONG!

You claim to be a nationalist, but for what nation?  

I say that and then I read your moving posts in the Altruistic love thread and I see the real you. Thank you.

I'm not doing very well today. I need to learn to put mind in gear before mouth in motion. I'm retiring for the day. Quit while I'm behind.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

As I said, google it.

Spouting trumps failures does not impress me LOL

The most impeached president in history and is still fighting a losing battle. The rest of his life will be in litigation for his stupidity. Even his trusted pals are now turning him in and telling the truth about how idiotic he was.

Lol...ok...Lalaland must be a nice place.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You claim to be a nationalist, but for what nation?  

I say that and then I read your moving posts in the Altruistic love thread and I see the real you. Thank you.

I'm not doing very well today. I need to learn to put mind in gear before mouth in motion. I'm retiring for the day. Quit while I'm behind.

My nation

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Until the Conservative party gets serious about returning to the idea of good government, the Trudeau dynasty will continue. I have always supported Mr. Charest and it is telling that when the Quebec Liberal Party was looking for a leader to defeat the separatists, they turned to Mr. Charest, the federal leader of the Conservative party. That is how much respect people have for him. 

Or how much of a real Libbie he is...one or t'other eh?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Mr. Poilievre failed to consider the ramifacations of his promise to replace the Governor. The immediate impact would be a loss of confidence in the Canadian economy. The inflation situation is world wide. Canada's inflation is lower than the US, thanks, not to the grits, but to the Bank of Canada. 

The long term effect would be the precedent of interferring in the Bank, breaking a long tradition of the B of C being at arms length from government.

Poliviere is calling out the politicization of the B of C.  Somewhere along the way the Bank became the printing press that backstopped inflationary overspending by government, which is actually the opposite of its mandate.  The B of C sets policy to maintain inflation at 1-3 %.   Instead, it’s flooded the market with liquidity.  Now demand (excess money supply) far outweighs supply, causing hyperinflation.  

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Notwithstanding whatever propagandists you're taking about, maybe, just maybe, lefties are interested in something better as well - interested as opposed to desperate that is.

I didn't say "propagandist." I said "Progagandist." Meaning the faithful of the ideology of Prog. 

And although it was me who asked the question, I know the answer. Why do the followers of Prog want to infiltrate and pretend they have the solution to the problems they create?

Because it's what they do. We need to watch out for that.

Wow, I didn't see this until now... Leadership campaign isn't even over and Poilievre has been called unfit for p.m. by the National Post.

This is because he vowed to fire the governor of the Bank of Canada of course.  It'll be interesting to see where this goes but if the National Post and Globe and mail don't support him, then that says something.

National Post: Kelly McParland: Pierre Poilievre is too big a risk to lead the Conservatives.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-pierre-poilievre-is-too-big-a-risk-to-lead-the-conservatives

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wow, I didn't see this until now... Leadership campaign isn't even over and Poilievre has been called unfit for p.m. by the National Post.

This is because he vowed to fire the governor of the Bank of Canada of course.  It'll be interesting to see where this goes but if the National Post and Globe and mail don't support him, then that says something.

National Post: Kelly McParland: Pierre Poilievre is too big a risk to lead the Conservatives.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-pierre-poilievre-is-too-big-a-risk-to-lead-the-conservatives

The NP is a mixed bag.  It has some critical thinkers and some mamby pamby sell-outs.  Trying to manipulate the leadership may backfire on that paper if the NP gets lumped in with all the other state-funded MSM.  

52 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

They want to gift us with Charest. Just say no. 

He can beat Trudeau.  Only one that looked like a leader last night. But Aitchison also sounded good. Maybe a dark horse.  At the start I was pushing for PP, but not now.

27 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trying to manipulate the leadership may backfire on that paper if the NP gets lumped in with all the other state-funded MSM.  

Manipulate leadership how? My publishing opinions the way they have always done, the way newspapers of always start?

It's fair game.. they are the most conservative major newspaper in Canada and they have an opinion so...

It doesn't mean it's right, but it does mean something

30 minutes ago, PIK said:

He can beat Trudeau.  Only one that looked like a leader last night. But Aitchison also sounded good. Maybe a dark horse.  At the start I was pushing for PP, but not now.

Not from what I saw, Charest let PP get under his skin, yelling at an opponent is by no means winning a debate, he should of ignored him and stuck to his game plan, or at least given us some clues about his platform... Charest is not our guy he was a good politician in his time, PP got the better of him in both debates, he can not beat Justin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Seriously, how long do we have to wait for someone to just put together a reasonable opposition platform and form a majority government ?    Until then, enjoy your Liberal NDP coalitions as I will...

The problem we have now is that the 2 good candidates for leadership are nobody's, and they are not going to be supported by the majority of the party... That goes to PP.  Not my choice but that's what it looks like right now.  

It is not just conventional Conservatives that want Justin out, a lot of liberals and NDP voters want Justin out as well, will they vote for PP, not sure,....  where are they parking their votes, not in the NDP camp, or Greens that is for sure. 

Like any politician PP is all wind right now, once in office reality will set in and the government will continue down the same road, only with a slant of right in it... 

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I dont count limp libbie shills as conservative...because they're not.

I suppose.  Seems to me the list of people who you count as conservative is shrinking as the right becomes ever more of a moving destination than a place.

So yeah I guess I can see now why you'd say everybody.  Being conservative must be a lonely existence - almost on par with being a member of an endangered species these days.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I suppose.  Seems to me the list of people who you count as conservative is shrinking as the right becomes ever more of a moving destination than a place.

Trumpism.  If you don't support him, you aren't pure.  So ridiculous.

We don't need cults.  If the NP doesn't like you, it might be because you have a flaw.  It's not because the NP is Libbie.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

So yeah I guess I can see now why you'd say everybody.  Being conservative must be a lonely existence - almost on par with being a member of an endangered species these days.

At least I'm not a groomer.