Conservative Leadership September 10th

Stupidity, as Mr. Poilievre has exemplified with his promise to politisize the Bank of Canada, is not a Conservative value.  His crypto-currency idea is a gift to the scam industry. It has another name: counterfeiting.

I have always questioned his aptitude for the leadership but, as David Dodge said, when asked about Mr. Poilievre'ss statement that the B of C was financially incompetent, "He doesn't know what he is talking about." 

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Defund CBC fire bank of Canada governor cryptocurrency push anger and division yell scream ol then skipping questions from reporter at end conservatives really have gone the populist route if that clown is the front runner

Yup, Polievre is sharp as a tack on these issues.  He’s a lot smarter and tuned into current issues than most politicians.  Lewis and a few of the other candidates have adopted much of his approach.  I like Lewis’s social conservatism though.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

And to fire the Bank Of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem, blaming him for inflation??

And his shilling for crypto currency??

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/terra-luna-ust-crypto-price-crash-b2076655.html

Does Pierre have half a clue??
Methinks the Conservatives are in trouble... all the way.

Very important to gut the CBC, Bank of Canada, and purge most Parliamentarians because they are self-interested overspending sell-outs.   

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Stupidity, as Mr. Poilievre has exemplified with his promise to politisize the Bank of Canada, is not a Conservative value.  His crypto-currency idea is a gift to the scam industry. It has another name: counterfeiting.

I have always questioned his aptitude for the leadership but, as David Dodge said, when asked about Mr. Poilievre'ss statement that the B of C was financially incompetent, "He doesn't know what he is talking about." 

You’re missing the point completely.  The Bank of Canada is already heavily politicized.  Didn’t the former Bank Governor Mark Carney’s foray into green fascism (Liberal Post-National woke-green crap) say it all?   Polievre is keenly aware and wants to rout the communists from the Bank.  Dodge is from a world that no longer exists.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re missing the point completely.  The Bank of Canada is already heavily politicized.  Didn’t the former Bank Governor Mark Carney’s foray into green fascism (Liberal Post-National woke-green crap) say it all?   Polievre is keenly aware and wants to rout the communists from the Bank.  Dodge is from a world that no longer exists.  

And PP is from fantasy land. If you agree with Mr. Poilievre, I have to ask what colour is the sun on your planet? Your use of terms like fascist and communist are immature.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

And PP is from fantasy land. If you agree with Mr. Poilievre, I have to ask what colour is the sun on your planet? Your use of terms like fascist and communist are immature.

Wrong.  The world of Charest, Coyne, etc. is gone.  Don’t be naive.  We’re struggling to protect living standards and Constitutional rights.  The forces undermining our way of life are mostly international.  They involve radical restrictions on human behaviour to fight climate change and the removal of the traditional institutions that ground a society and support individual liberty: family, religious traditions, private property, etc.  The threat of Chinese style digital totalitarianism is real.  Trudeau is a willing though naive champion of this new society.  You don’t want it.  Polievre is in the minority of politicians who sees what’s at stake.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

My time, at the moment is limited, but I must apologize for my comment about colours of suns and all that. While you and I rarely agree, I have the utmost respect for your intellect. I would like to blame my having responded before I had my coffee. It will happen again, so I apologize in advance.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Dude...

The tax cuts

Destroying ISIS

Controlling the southern border

Best economy numbers ever

Handled international relations by LEADING instead of waffeling

Opportunity Zones

Space Force

The list goes on...shall I?

You don't like the man...I get that. But the results were nothing short of remarkable. And if he runs again...he'll probably win again. Why? Because 4 years of this mindless old fart and his side-kick the dim lightbulb, have shown the USA and the world, exactly what "woke" politics is all about.

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Dude...

The tax cuts

Destroying ISIS

Controlling the southern border

Best economy numbers ever

Handled international relations by LEADING instead of waffeling

Opportunity Zones

Space Force

The list goes on...shall I?

You don't like the man...I get that. But the results were nothing short of remarkable. And if he runs again...he'll probably win again. Why? Because 4 years of this mindless old fart and his side-kick the dim lightbulb, have shown the USA and the world, exactly what "woke" politics is all about.

And after all your praising , he is still considered the worst or second worst President the United States Of America ever had in their entire history.

Yup, not asking you to pick the winning horses LOL

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

And IMO, the reason they've failed is that they've left the conservative base out in the cold while they cater to Libbies.

No, it's the base that's the real problem here. Conservative representatives are trying to make lemonade out of shit and more rational Canadians aren't having anything to do with it

13 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

He still lost and is rated as the worst in history.

Goes to show you what Americans think (or don't think).

Oh and over 81 million voted for Biden :)

They didn’t really know what they were getting.  I thought Biden seemed like a nice enough guy who endured personal tragedy.  I thought he was cool as Obama’s second in command.  He said what he thought.  The problem is that he is clearly displaying signs of dementia. He isn’t on top of major issues and his gaffes have driven America closer to all out war with Russia.  His naïve moves on energy have added to energy security concerns.  At least he hasn’t imposed carbon taxes on citizens the way Trudeau has, but his attempts to inflate infrastructure spending are just that, inflationary.  I also think he’s compromised by the extreme left forces that he has allowed to hold sway in his party as well as sketchy involvement with his son in Ukraine.  He isn’t a strong president. 

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Who rated him worst?  . . . . you?

Yeah me. What an idiotic question.

If you are a Trump fan, well then, it explains a lot about you LOL

I provided 2 links. Worst and second worst. Google it yourself.

Edited by ExFlyer

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

They didn’t really know what they were getting.  I thought Biden seemed like a nice enough guy who endured personal tragedy.  I thought he was cool as Obama’s second in command.  He said what he thought.  The problem is that he is clearly displaying signs of dementia. He isn’t on top of major issues and his gaffes have driven America closer to all out war with Russia.  His naïve moves on energy have added to energy security concerns.  At least he hasn’t imposed carbon taxes on citizens the way Trudeau has, but his attempts to inflate infrastructure spending are just that, inflationary.  I also think he’s compromised by the extreme left forces that he has allowed to hold sway in his party as well as sketchy involvement with his son in Ukraine.  He isn’t a strong president. 

I agree Biden is not the person many though he would be.

I am not sure Biden is to blame for the crap with Russia. I think that Europe in general and Ukraine specifically has brought us and the US int the fray.

As for carbon taxes. I believe in the US, the States have the authority for that and many States have it but, many also do not.

To be honest, the past 2 years has been difficult for all politicians world wide.

I didn't notice President Biden or President Trump in the debate last night. I'm not sure why they are in this topic. Neither are Conservative.

Conservative values can be summed up in three words: God, Queen and Country.

The grits are more stream lined: Money, Money Money.

• Like 1

Mr. Poilievre failed to consider the ramifacations of his promise to replace the Governor. The immediate impact would be a loss of confidence in the Canadian economy. The inflation situation is world wide. Canada's inflation is lower than the US, thanks, not to the grits, but to the Bank of Canada. 

The long term effect would be the precedent of interferring in the Bank, breaking a long tradition of the B of C being at arms length from government.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

Just scanning this thread and I have a couple of questions.

First, why are the progagandists from the left so interested in a Conservative leadership campaign? They seem to like Charest so there's another reason to vote against him. They hate, double-hate, Poilievre so if you're an actual Conservative Pierre has to be your guy.

Second and this is more a question on all the candidates. Why aren't any of them supporting a ban of media bailouts? They should be. Why aren't they? It's understandable that the media is being so quiet about it though.

Oh and an observation from reading the last 2 pages.

That business of thinking they've found Pierre's kryptonite by attacking his support of crypto and willingness to fire the Bank of Canada head seems to have come out of the last debate. They all piled on about that one and Canada's liberal paid media is salivating and joining the attack.

I think they're wasting their bullets. The average guy isn't scared of that.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Just scanning this thread and I have a couple of questions. First, why are the progagandists from the left so interested in a Conservative leadership campaign? 

Notwithstanding whatever propagandists you're taking about, maybe, just maybe, lefties are interested in something better as well - interested as opposed to desperate that is.

And after all your praising , he is still considered the worst or second worst President the United States Of America ever had in their entire history.

Yup, not asking you to pick the winning horses LOL

Considered by whom? You? WAPO? NYT? Joe 'what day is it today' Biden?

The Atlantic?...he asks jokingly...

Fact is...Libbie media and the Democrats have been wrong wrong wrong about everything for the last 6 years...or more.

Russia...wrong

Impeachment...twice...wrong

Border...wrong

foreign relations...wrong

energy...wrong

economy...disaster.

Eventually the question becomes...who cares what people who are habitually wrong...think? THEY'RE WRONG!

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, it's the base that's the real problem here. Conservative representatives are trying to make lemonade out of shit and more rational Canadians aren't having anything to do with it

So...its everybody...not the politicians?

OK...wanna buy a bridge?

He still lost and is rated as the worst in history.

Goes to show you what Americans think (or don't think).

Oh and over 81 million voted for Biden :)

Sure they did...with illegal ballots and uncontrolled counting. NT ballots trucked to Pennsylvania. Broken water mains...I mean plugged toilet in Georgia. Tons of BS in Michigan. Several other embarassing little "mishaps" as well.

Ya...Biden is POTUS...that's as far as anyone can honestly go.

• Haha 1