Conservative Leadership September 10th

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

amabassador.thumb.jpg.fa34d09a17c52b5d3682143d853f80f1.jpg

"The Ambassador Bridge was blocked off by police, not protesters. They only blocked off a lane into the weigh scales and the crossing was accessible though slowed down." - West 2022

?.. yeah very bad people "blocking bridges". If you say so.

13 minutes ago, West said:

?.. yeah very bad people "blocking bridges". If you say so.

If you're going to bullshit people, at least do it with stuff that can't be easily demonstrated false with a 5s Google search.  It's hard to tell if you were lying or you were completely clueless and believed what you were saying, but either way it was pretty obvious misinformation.    

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If you're going to bullshit people, at least do it with stuff that can't be easily demonstrated false with a 5s Google search.  It's hard to tell if you were lying or you were completely clueless and believed what you were saying, but either way it was pretty obvious misinformation.    

You posted a still shot photo showing two lanes open then pretended like it was a border blockage...

4 minutes ago, West said:

You posted a still shot photo showing two lanes open then pretended like it was a border blockage...

I showed you a photo of full access to the bridge being blocked.  I even highlighted for the pea-brains exactly where the blockade was, and how nobody was getting around it.  The two US->Canada lanes being empty on the actual bridge are irrelevant, since once you crossed you couldn't actually go anywhere. 

This logic is like saying a highway isn't blocked by a jackknifed truck because police are diverting traffic away from and around the accident.  West would be here pointing at how lanes are empty on either side of the wreck saying, "Hurr all lanes flowing freely".  

pepedrooll.jpg

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I showed you a photo of full access to the bridge being blocked.  I even highlighted for the pea-brains exactly where the blockade was, and how nobody was getting around it.  The two US->Canada lanes being empty on the actual bridge are irrelevant, since once you crossed you couldn't actually go anywhere. 

This logic is like saying a highway isn't blocked by a jackknifed truck because police are diverting traffic away from and around the accident.  West would be here pointing at how lanes are empty on either side of the wreck saying, "Hurr all lanes flowing freely".  

pepedrooll.jpg

Nonsense. Your the one who posted the photo then tried gaslighting us. 

If you look under the McDonald's sign (to the left), the only one blocking the road leading to the bridge (to the right) were the cops. 

Kinda like in Ottawa where the police directed traffic, blocked in trucks with barricades, then began violently attacking the truckers for having "unacceptable views".

Edited by West

This protest arguement is irrelevant. The court declared the protest illegal. End of story. This has nothing to do with the leadership campaign. 

On that topic, at the risk of repeating myself, we need to have an effective leader of HM's loyal opposition who can replace the Liberal government in the next election. If you have an issue with the government, that is where your energy should go. If you are disappointed with this country, do something to make it better. Show the grits we are not a country of bitchers.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

This protest arguement is irrelevant. The court declared the protest illegal. End of story. This has nothing to do with the leadership campaign. 

On that topic, at the risk of repeating myself, we need to have an effective leader of HM's loyal opposition who can replace the Liberal government in the next election. If you have an issue with the government, that is where your energy should go. If you are disappointed with this country, do something to make it better. Show the grits we are not a country of bitchers.

Hopefully someone that doesn't act like a child when someone disagrees with them and creates a fake emergency. 

That's my point. Joseph Bourgault would be my first choice. My second choice would be Polleive. 

Just not another fake conservative like Charest or O'Toole. 

Edited by West

23 minutes ago, West said:

Nonsense. Your the one who posted the photo then tried gaslighting us. 

If you look under the McDonald's sign (to the left), the only one blocking the road leading to the bridge (to the right) were the cops. 

The cops beside the McDonalds are on the OTHER side of the blockade - there are trucks in between them and the bridge. Now you're purposely bullshitting - and I don't think you're even trying to convince anyone but yourself  The idea that you're wrong is so jarring to the mental fantasy you've constructed that you'll move Heaven and Earth to rearrange picture-proof to fit your reality.   

25 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The cops beside the McDonalds are on the OTHER side of the blockade - there are trucks in between them and the bridge. Now you're purposely bullshitting - and I don't think you're even trying to convince anyone but yourself  The idea that you're wrong is so jarring to the mental fantasy you've constructed that you'll move Heaven and Earth to rearrange picture-proof to fit your reality.   

The bridge entrance is to the right, not where you circled. 

Your the one who's BSing here's  

Even still using the McDonald's as a marker there are several more entrances onto the bridge. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ambassador+Bridge,+Windsor,+ON+48209/@42.3027157,-83.0670564,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x883b2d7baf12bfb3:0xad3faa992a158fc8

Stop whining and use Rosedale Avenue or take the tunnel

Edited by West

13 hours ago, West said:

A couple things: 

1. Having to show your papers is offensive to people who lived in tyranny. 

2. Just because you are elected doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want. Abusing the Emergencies Act to get rid of protesters you dont want is ridiculous and on the spectrum of totalitarianism regimes

3. It's not really hyperbole. Tyranny and authoritarianism is a spectrum. Violence is on the more extreme end. By pointing out police brutality caught on camera, it's not unreasonable to speak out against that even if you disagree with the protests. 

Yes the action of the police was very high handed.  Especially freezing accounts of doners.

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

"Yeah, well there's a lot of bleeding hearts around who just don't like to see people with helmets and guns. All I can say is, go on and bleed, but it's more important to keep law and order in this society than to be worried about weak-kneed people who don't like the looks of a soldier's helmet."

As a libertarian minded person, I naturally dislike the militarization of the police.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

We already tried that and failed.  Not sure what more can be done to oust the Liberals.

28 minutes ago, Faramir said:

It is easier to say who should NOT be leader.  Not Dennis O'Leary.  No Charest.  Charest strikes me just like the Young Tories I use to meet in College.  They couldn't name a single principle they believe in other than winning an election.

I never met a Young Tory who wasn't destined to become Prime Minister. Did we meet at UVic or something? ?

53 minutes ago, Faramir said:

It is easier to say who should NOT be leader.  Not Dennis O'Leary.  No Charest.  Charest strikes me just like the Young Tories I use to meet in College.  They couldn't name a single principle they believe in other than winning an election.

Young Tory as in guys who don't think the laws of supply and demand exists and they alone are smart enough to fix the world's issues?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West said:

The bridge entrance is to the right, not where you circled. 

The picture shows the crossing from the American side completely blocked, clown.  Any truck/vehicle crossing into Canada here is has to go through Border Services, which is behind the line of trucks I highlighted.  Those trucks were blocking the ONLY exit point from there, which EVERYONE crossing into Canada has to pass. 

1 hour ago, West said:

Stop whining and use Rosedale Avenue or take the tunnel

The only other crossings from Detroit are the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel (two lanes, or half the capacity of the Ambassador Bridge) or the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia which is an hour and fifteen minutes away.  Considering they are building a new bridge at the Detroit/Windsor border  because the current ones are insufficient to handle existing traffic, it doesn't take a math wizard to see why having the Ambassador Bridge blocked caused so many problems.  

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The picture shows the crossing from the American side completely blocked, clown.  Any truck/vehicle crossing into Canada here is has to go through Border Services, which is behind the line of trucks I highlighted.  Those trucks were blocking the ONLY exit point from there, which EVERYONE crossing into Canada has to pass. 

The only other crossings from Detroit are the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel (two lanes, or half the capacity of the Ambassador Bridge) or the Blue Water Bridge in Sarnia which is an hour and fifteen minutes away.  Considering they are building a new bridge at the Detroit/Windsor border  because the current ones are insufficient to handle existing traffic, it doesn't take a math wizard to see why having the Ambassador Bridge blocked caused so many problems.  

I dont really care about Ontario. Whether full or partially blocked, don't really care. Politicians down there have been blocking critical infrastructure for decades. Not a big deal to me if they have to drive an hour to the next crossing. 

I used to commute an hour and 20 to work every day. Not a huge deal. 

Edited by West

Just now, West said:

I dont really care about Ontario. Whether full or partially blocked, don't really care. Politicians down there have been blocking critical infrastructure for decades.

You obviously care enough to make shit up and then argue cluelessly about it.  If you weren't brainlessly championing the sort of activity you complain about in your neck of the woods, more people would actually take you seriously.  

Just now, West said:

Not a big deal to me if they have to drive an hour to the next crossing.

It doesn't affect me directly so it's perfectly fine. Yep. That's the attitude I'd expect from someone like you.  Pipelines from Alberta don't affect me either, yet somehow I still support them and see the wisdom in them.  ?

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You obviously care enough to make shit up and then argue cluelessly about it.  If you weren't brainlessly championing the sort of activity you complain about in your neck of the woods, more people would actually take you seriously.  

It doesn't affect me directly so it's perfectly fine. Yep. That's the attitude I'd expect from someone like you.  Pipelines from Alberta don't affect me either, yet somehow I still support them and see the wisdom in them.  ?

Job losses due to government overreach are more my concern, not General Motors not being able to get cheap car parts from Mexico. 

3 hours ago, West said:

Young Tory as in guys who don't think the laws of supply and demand exists and they alone are smart enough to fix the world's issues?

They just don't care.  They will loyally take whatever position their dear leader proposes - back then it was Charest.  

• Like 1